• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be right to say that ALL the moves in this game can be useful?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
What I mean is, is there a time and place for every move? The only one I can think of that ISN'T is Ganon's up-tilt, when his fast smashes can do the same thing in less time. But this includes all grabs, basic attacks, smashes of all kinds, etc.

Paul Hoffman

Smash Rookie
I still haven't found a practical use for Mario's d-tilt outside of using it to refresh my other attacks.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yes.
Ganon's U-tilt after a broken shield.
<_<

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Jiggly F-tilt?
Jiggly D-tilt
Ganon U-tilt?
Jiggly Up-B
MK Down-B (as long as IDC is banned)
Ganon Neutral-B

That's all I'm naming for VERY impractical attacks.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Fox's Dtilt is absolute crap. It does nothing that you couldn't do better with other moves.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I still haven't found a practical use for Mario's d-tilt outside of using it to refresh my other attacks.
There's jabx2>dtilt>forward smash. It's a bad move, but if you don't want them to go far I guess it's better than down smash. Downsmash is better for almost everyhting though.

Fox's dtilt has virtually no use.
I think it has better range than up and ftilt, it also sets up for a fair or dair better than both, although it is still very bad.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
What about Bowser's D-air? That seems pretty ****ed useless to me.

Also, besides whats been said:
Samus' Up Smash
Squirtle's Down Smash
Wolf's Down Tilt

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
some taunts are better than moves.

fox's firefox taunt > mario as a character

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'd have to say fox's and mario's dtilts have virtually no use since there are way better moves for the same situations.

And another situation to use Ganon's utilt would be when jigglypuff whiffs a rest.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
some taunts are better than moves.

fox's firefox taunt > mario as a character
LOL

Anywho.. sasuke has pointed out a place for Ganon's uptilt. If there was a broke shield, and nothing else would kill (or, let's face it, you want a kill without decaying a REAL move), then you could use it.

There is probably some extreme niche for mario's dtilt. It's not that slow.

Squirt's downsmash lowers his hurtbox methinks, so it definitely could be useful that way, it's not that slow either..

There are multiple throws in the game with zero purpose. I'd say sheik upthrow should never ever be done on purpose. Downthrow combos better, upthrow will not ever kill.

bobson

Smash Lord
Anywho.. sasuke has pointed out a place for Ganon's uptilt. If there was a broke shield, and nothing else would kill (or, let's face it, you want a kill without decaying a REAL move), then you could use it.
Reverse Warlock Punch is one of the best (if not THE best) post-shieldbreak options in the game and will kill pretty much anyone at 30%, so no, you should NOT be using utilt after a shieldbreak.
Hell, I think even an fsmash will kill earlier than utilt.

TP

Smash Master
What I mean is, is there a time and place for every move? The only one I can think of that ISN'T is Ganon's up-tilt, when his fast smashes can do the same thing in less time.
Yes.
Ganon's U-tilt after a broken shield.
<_<
Ganon U-tilt?
Warlock Punch recovery.

LOL

This is by fay the biggest collection of fail I have ever seen. Holy ****, I've never seen a community fail so hard. Wow.

EVERY Ganon main uses the Up tilt. It is good for edge guarding. It has no end lag. It has twice the range of the Warlock Punch. It was used three times in a recent match between Koskinator amd Zeonstar in the finals of the Ganon-only tournament. The only people who said the Up tilt had uses were equally wrong. It is worthless on a broken shield. The Warlock Punch has much more knockback. Warlock Punch recovery hasn't been used in months by anyone.

In other words, you all suck. Colossal fail, Smash World Forums.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
If it causes damage or knockback, or refreshes moves, it has a use and is usefull.

And yes, Ganon's utilt is useful, use it.
Its okay, really. Trust me.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Samus' Up Smash
Short hop smash missile cancel -> hyphen up smash on fatties does potentially 34%, less if the missile only eats shield, the up smash will shield poke for small damage. The momentum from the dash before the upsmash will boost samus far enough behind her opponent so that it's strongest part of the hitbox at the last hit (behind her head) connects.

But nobody really does this but me I don't think. :\
It works against ROB if he camps shield. 8)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This is by fay the biggest collection of fail I have ever seen. Holy ****, I've never seen a community fail so hard. Wow.

EVERY Ganon main uses the Up tilt. It is good for edge guarding. It has no end lag. It has twice the range of the Warlock Punch. It was used three times in a recent match between Koskinator amd Zeonstar in the finals of the Ganon-only tournament. The only people who said the Up tilt had uses were equally wrong. It is worthless on a broken shield. The Warlock Punch has much more knockback. Warlock Punch recovery hasn't been used in months by anyone.

In other words, you all suck. Colossal fail, Smash World Forums.
Yes, because everyone cares enough about a bottom-tier charecter to know his moveset.
Good job.

And get your facts straight.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Jiggly F-tilt?
Jiggly D-tilt
Ganon U-tilt?
Jiggly Up-B
MK Down-B (as long as IDC is banned)
Ganon Neutral-B
Jiggs F-tilt is actually quite useful. And ledgehopping Sing isn't bad at all.

TP

Smash Master
Yes, because everyone cares enough about a bottom-tier charecter to know his moveset.
Good job.

And get your facts straight.
It's one thing to not know a character's moveset; I could not tell you what half of Ivysaur's moves look like. It is another thing to think you know and post incorrect information. It is another thing to the extreme when several people agree with this incorrect information, making it considered factual.

And my facts were straight. The only questionable thing I said was that WP recovery was useless. It technically has better horizontal recovery, but you are wide open for an attack for a long time before and after the punch. You need to be in the perfect spot AND be against one of the few characters who can't take advantage of it before this concept is viable. Forgive me for abbreviating that to "it's useless."

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's one thing to not know a character's moveset; I could not tell you what half of Ivysaur's moves look like. It is another thing to think you know and post incorrect information. It is another thing to the extreme when several people agree with this incorrect information, making it considered factual.

And my facts were straight. The only questionable thing I said was that WP recovery was useless. It technically has better horizontal recovery, but you are wide open for an attack for a long time before and after the punch. You need to be in the perfect spot AND be against one of the few characters who can't take advantage of it before this concept is viable. Forgive me for abbreviating that to "it's useless."
Its false that Ganon's U-tilt can be used to punish a broken shield?

And its fine. Just as long as you know. =P

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Zamus' FSmash kills.

Unless something screw-up has happen in my matches, experience tells you everything.

Also who here uses Snake's U-throw... anybody...?

There's that, and I'm almost positive the spacies' DTilts have no uses... for sure.

TP

Smash Master
Its false that Ganon's U-tilt can be used to punish a broken shield?
It certainly CAN be, but why would you want to? We have a considerably better move for punishing broken shields. It would be like Mario using an Ftilt instead of an Fsmash to punish a broken shield.

None of this matters, really. People think Ganon's Utilt is :psycho: bad when it's really only :dizzy: bad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
As long as the opponent knows you can ledge cancel it,

SING has no use.

the people who even main the character say that calling it a move is overstating it....

/thread

p.s. zamus's f-smash does not kill

WITH

Smash Apprentice
Wario's up tilt is like slower than his up smash and weaker...and not even good range...

Sheik's dair blows...I'm no expert on either char though.

A lot of up throws have no purpose at all....and probably other throws for certain characters.
RPGsFTW said:
Squirtle's Down Smash
no.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

Samus' Up Smash
Squirtle's Down Smash
Wolf's Down Tilt

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Do you or anyone you know play Wolf?

A couple of Jiggs' moves are useless. If ftilt isn't, dtilt is. And yeah, I don't know what magic you have to pull not to get instaowned after Samus Usmash, but some people somehow do it. Some of the time.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord

A couple of Jiggs' moves are useless. If ftilt isn't, dtilt is. And yeah, I don't know what magic you have to pull not to get instaowned after Samus Usmash, but some people somehow do it. Some of the time.
Dtilt is pretty horrid, but Ftilt has a time and a place. I will invariably use it once per match, at the very least.

Sing is another story. It is, for the most part, unused. If there are people in the optimal position though, it is potentially a dangerous move.

I've only hit with Sing ledge canceled around 6-7 times, but I've used it to bait a ledge gimp attempt, to capitalize far more times.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
*Facepalm* Yes, I, and a bunch of my friends do. I think that I'd know that his Down-tilt isn't very good, seeing as I'm the only Wolf that I ever see attempt it. It also doesn't do anything useful when it hits.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does Zamus' FSmash at least have K.O. potential when charged?

I know all too well it is weak for a smash attack regardless, but if it can be charged it should at keast be able to do SOMETHING. :/

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Does Zamus' FSmash at least have K.O. potential when charged?

I know all too well it is weak for a smash attack regardless, but if it can be charged it should at keast be able to do SOMETHING. :/
I could swear that it almost, if not kills better, than Samus Fsmash >_>

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
no just look at jiggly's up b. it doesnt even recover. and the sleep dont even last long enough. when they wake up jiggly is still singing. kind of defeats the purpose right lol. thats like my sig v

Top Bottom