• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be right to say that ALL the moves in this game can be useful?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yuna, wow, you are really ignorant. I can see why everyone intelligent on this site hates you.

Yes, because he has to recover low so often.
Maybe if he's a total idiot. How the hell is Jiggz supposed to successfully edgehog G&W in such a way he is forced to recover onto the stage?! It is impossible. It is impossible to force G&W to immediately Up B and immediately land so you can Sing him to sleep and then rest him.
Have you ever seen a MK edge guard G&W? They force G&W to recover onstage and then nair them. It's called follow them way off the stage, get a single hit in, and wow, look at that, they have to recover low.

The Toons? Do you mean Toon Link? Whose Up B last so long it is also impossible to edgehog?
Toons = characters.

Lets look at the list of characters you can force on stage by making them recover low and edge hugging last second... Hmm... From a first glance it looks like Falcon, Diddy, Falco, Fox, G&W, Gannon, Ike, DDD, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Squirtle, Charizard, Wolf, and Zelda. Some of these are obviously harder to do than others, like G&W is pretty difficult, but it can be done. Well actually, it's force them low and let them chose between going on the stage or just dying because you're invincible and can't knock you off the ledge, but I'm guess in that situation, most people will chose to try to live dontcha think? hmm? just maybe? yeah

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna, wow, you are really ignorant. I can see why everyone intelligent on this site hates you.
Funny, the vast majority of intelligent users love me. It's the unintelligent ones (who think they are intelligent) and their cohorts who hate me.

Have you ever seen a MK edge guard G&W? They force G&W to recover onstage and then nair them. It's called follow them way off the stage, get a single hit in, and wow, look at that, they have to recover low.
I'm sorry, since when was Meta Knight involved in this? You claimed that Jigglypuff could force G&W to recover low and then somehow manage to edgehog him, forcing him to recover onto the stage in order to be Sung to sleep (entirely ignoring the fact that G&W no longer goes directly into Helpless after Up B) and then be Rested on.

I don't care if MK is really, really good at forcing G&W to recover low. That was not what was being discussed. You are strawmanning.

Toons = characters.
In what alternate universe does "Toons" = "Characters"?

Lets look at the list of characters you can force on stage by making them recover low and edge hugging last second... Hmm... From a first glance it looks like Falcon, Diddy, Falco, Fox, G&W, Gannon, Ike, DDD, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Squirtle, Charizard, Wolf, and Zelda. Some of these are obviously harder to do than others, like G&W is pretty difficult, but it can be done.
I was only arguing against it being possible to do what you claimed was possible against Toon Link. Apparently, you weren't arguing that, so I'll give yu that.

Your argument involved Jigglypuff and you outlayed a very specific strategy you claimed works when playingas Jigglypuff (and you also namedropped one specific character against whom it supposedly works). Now I don't care what other characters (who are not Jigglypuff) can do against Game & Watch or whoever, I only care about what Jiggz can do because that was what was being discussed.

Do not argue something and then change it and act as if someone was wrong in arguing your original position and not being psychic and knowing what you'd eventually change it into.

Marth cannot be edgehogged easily. His Up B now has a period when he floats around just a bit, so you'd have to somehow time your edgehogging so that you grab the ledge right when he Up Bs. It's doable, though.

Ike. Ike?! Since when can Ike be edgehogged easily? Even if he recovers onto the stage, you will be too busy getting hit by his very long Up B animation to legdgecancel Sing.

G&W's Up B has the leap and then the parachute. You cannot edgehog it.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Funny, the vast majority of intelligent users love me. It's the unintelligent ones (who think they are intelligent) and their cohorts who hate me.

I'm sorry, since when was Meta Knight involved in this? You claimed that Jigglypuff could force G&W to recover low and then somehow manage to edgehog him, forcing him to recover onto the stage in order to be Sung to sleep (entirely ignoring the fact that G&W no longer goes directly into Helpless after Up B) and then be Rested on.

I don't care if MK is really, really good at forcing G&W to recover low. That was not what was being discussed. You are strawmanning.

I was only arguing against Toon Link being possible to do this against (by Jigglypuff).

Because your argument involved Jigglypuff. Now I don't care what other characters can do, I only care about what Jiggz can do because that was what was eing discussed.

Marth cannot be edgehogged easily. His Up B now has a period when he floats around just a bit, so you'd have to somehow time your edgehogging so that you grab the ledge right when he Up Bs. It's doable, though.

Ike. Ike?! Since when can Ike be edgehogged easily? Even if he recovers onto the stage, you will be too busy getting hit by his very long Up B animation to legdgecancel Sing.

I have a new respect for the word strawmanning.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well assuming that Mods, SBR members, and top players are intelligent... LMFAO, the ONLY time I hear your name being mentioned is to talk about your latest ****ing ******** opinion and how you go on and on debating like a ******* trying to get your ******** point across and how people eventually just give up because you're so **** stubborn...

Yuna said:

Because your argument involved Jigglypuff. Now I don't care what other characters can do, I only care about what Jiggz can do because that was what was eing discussed.
Yeah, I do claim that jiggs can do a similar thing to G&W and unlike MK, her aerials, unless sweetspoted, don't send the opponent upwards, making it only necessary to hit him once unlike MK.

If both characters are off stage it just takes one wiffed aerial by G&W for jiggs to jump in and poke him with a fair or nair, or if the G&W isn't expecting, you can just jump in and hit him.

Yuna said:
LOL, you're the only person who has ever needed to ask me what I meant by toon. It's a lot shorter to say than character and there are other people around these boards who use it.

Yuna said:

Marth isn't that hard. If he is forced to recover low then you know exactly when to get on the edge. If you expect them to try to trick you by hoping you roll off and grabbing the edge afterwards, then you hang out, if he's going for the edge then he's got enough landing lag for you to sing him.

Ike is really easy to edge hug and it's really easy to see if their going to the edge. With Ike, you get on the edge when he's going up and if he goes at the edge, you roll at the right time, you're invincible, and he dies. If he goes to the stage, right when he lands drop down to avoid the hit, then immediately double jump sing, and you'll get him.

G&W can def be edge guarded. Once again, make him recover low, then as he's going up grab the edge, (he needs to be really low to the point that he just makes it onto the stage so that his chute doesn't open and he can't do an attack), then sing him.

I'm sorry if the people around you suck so bad that they don't know how to edge hug edge guard but here in the states, we know that that **** is doable.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Um, Yuna... When G&W is below the stage line, he is forced in to one of two situations; recover on stage or sweet spot the edge. Obviously if you ledgehog properly, G&W will die if he attempts to sweet spot from too low, so the smart decision would be to space the Parachute so that it will land on the stage if ledgehogging prevents a sweet spot on the way up. This is a perfect opportunity for a ledgehop Sing.

Anyway. I have no clue why I wandered in to this thread. Adios.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well assuming that Mods, SBR members, and top players are intelligent... LMFAO, the ONLY time I hear your name being mentioned is to talk about your latest ****ing ******** opinion and how you go on and on debating like a ******* trying to get your ******** point across and how people eventually just give up because you're so **** stubborn...
Do you happen to have a handy list of people who have denounce me? Because I'd sure like to know who you consider to be "intelligent".

I'd also like a list of moderators who have denounced me. Fact is, the vast majority of mods I've ever spoken of me love me.

Furthermore, I'd like quotes of them denouncing me, because you probably hallucinated what they really said. "I disagree with your way of debating" =/= "You have ****ing ******** opinions and you debate like a (whatever word you used here) and have ******** points!".

Yeah, I do claim that jiggs can do a similar thing to G&W and unlike MK, her aerials, unless sweetspoted, don't send the opponent upwards, making it only necessary to hit him once unlike MK.
You do not need to be sent upwards in order to not have to recover low... not if you're G&W. You have, after all, Up B + Parachute + Whatever you want.

If both characters are off stage it just takes one wiffed aerial by G&W for jiggs to jump in and poke him with a fair or nair, or if the G&W isn't expecting, you can just jump in and hit him.
Since when can Fair and Nair not be DI:ied upwards? Since when is Brawl not floaty central, where DI:ing upwards will almost always allow you to not have to recover low?

LOL, you're the only person who has ever needed to ask me what I meant by toon. It's a lot shorter to say than character and there are other people around these boards who use it.
I'd like any kind of sources of the fact that "toons" = "characters". What dictionary, repudiated or even one of internet slang, defines "toons" as "characters"?

Marth isn't that hard. If he is forced to recover low then you know exactly when to get on the edge. If you expect them to try to trick you by hoping you roll off and grabbing the edge afterwards, then you hang out, if he's going for the edge then he's got enough landing lag for you to sing him.
I did say that this was very much possible, just required timing. Maybe you missed that part, somehow.

Ike is really easy to edge hug and it's really easy to see if their going to the edge. With Ike, you get on the edge when he's going up and if he goes at the edge, you roll at the right time, you're invincible, and he dies.
Who would try to sweetspot it from below at such a distance you die if you get edgerolled? The attack lasts way too long for this. As long as he doesn't try to Up B so that he'll barely grab the ledge, you cannot kill him doing this.

G&W can def be edge guarded. Once again, make him recover low, then as he's going up grab the edge, (he needs to be really low to the point that he just makes it onto the stage so that his chute doesn't open and he can't do an attack), then sing him.
Why would G&W do this, knowing Jiggs can sing him into Rest? Why would he not recover in such a way his parachute will open up?

You are speaking of doing this against people who are forced to recover in very specific ways and at very low distances. You are claiming that this works on G&W. Maybe once in a blue moon, when he's forced to recover really, really low and land right afterwards.

You also spoke as if Jiggz' Nair and Fair cannot be DI:ed and getting hit by them meant you now have to recover low.

I'm sorry if the people around you suck so bad that they don't know how to edge hug edge guard but here in the states, we know that that **** is doable.
If the opponents suck.

Um, Yuna... When G&W is below the stage line, he is forced in to one of two situations; recover on stage or sweet spot the edge. Obviously if you ledgehog properly, G&W will die if he attempts to sweet spot from too low, so the smart decision would be to space the Parachute so that it will land on the stage if ledgehogging prevents a sweet spot on the way up. This is a perfect opportunity for a ledgehop Sing.
Yes, but that would require him to recover pretty low. And that doesn't really happen very often (against Jiggz, anyway), if the G&W knows how to DI, that is.

I never said this could never happen. I was arguing that this is not very easy to get to happen. After all, Bowyer just spoke as if if you get hit by Jiggz' Nair or Fair, you are suddenly forced to recover low.

G&W doesn't even have to wait 'til he's near the edge to recover. He can just recover way off the edge, open the chute up and ride its floaty tuchas towards the stage. I'm not saying this is always the best option, but it's possible. Of course this edgeguarding strategy is possible, I never claimed it wasn't. However, getting G&W into a position where he will have to recover very low right at the ledge is a very hard and uncommon thing to do (as Jiggz, anyway).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Do you happen to have a handy list of people who have denounce me? Because I'd sure like to know who you consider to be "intelligent".

I'd also like a list of moderators who have denounced me. Fact is, the vast majority of mods I've ever spoken of me love me.
I've spoken to many a mod and top player across the states. I've never heard of anyone speaking highly of you. Though I have to admit, arguing like this with someone who actually can fire back (though unintelligibly) is somewhat fun, lol.

Yuna said:
You do not need to be sent upwards in order to not have to recover low... not if you're G&W. You have, after all, Up B + Parachute + Whatever you want.
Sounds like a poor choice in moves to up b far out from the stage. For one, if I'm next to you, I get shot up and can hit you. I also move in the air faster and can hunt you down if you do that. Not to mention if you are chuting back, you can't attack me because then you won't be able to make it to the stage afterwards.

Yuna said:
Since when can Fair and Nair not be DI:ied upwards? Since when is Brawl not floaty central, where DI:ing upwards will almost always allow you to not have to recover low?
Have you ever seen the fair or nair? DIing up wouldn't really do a whole lot.

Yuna said:
I'd like any kind of sources of the fact that "toons" = "characters". What dictionary, repudiated or even one of internet slang, defines "toons" as "characters"?
Why does it have to be posted somewhere for you to understand it? You should be able to get it from the words used and the context it was in, or is that a little to difficult to think through for you?

Yuna said:
I did say that this was very much possible, just required timing. Maybe you missed that part, somehow.
You said it was hard. I say it's easy. Maybe you missed that part, somehow.

Yuna said:
Who would try to sweetspot it from below at such a distance you die if you get edgerolled? The attack lasts way too long for this. As long as he doesn't try to Up B so that he'll barely grab the ledge, you cannot kill him doing this.
Have you ever ****ing seen Ike get edge guarded before? The roll thing occurs at any height that Ike goes to. He just goes down too fast and doesn't grab the edge if you roll at the right time. It's really really easy to do.

Yuna said:
You are speaking of doing this against people who are forced to recover in very specific ways and at very low distances. You are claiming that this works on G&W. Maybe once in a blue moon, when he's forced to recover really, really low and land right afterwards.
No **** I'm talking about doing this against people who are forced to recover in a specific way, but guess what, the key word here is "forced" as in I force you to recover that way. What don't you get? Sure, it's not as easy to edge guard people as in melee and sometimes you have to try a few times to get it but it's definitely reasonable doable.

Yuna said:
You also spoke as if Jiggz' Nair and Fair cannot be DI:ed and getting hit by them meant you now have to recover low.
Check out a jiggs poking people with fair and nair. They basically drop and bit and go away from you.

Yuna said:
My opponents suck.
qft.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've spoken to many a mod and top player across the states. I've never heard of anyone speaking highly of you. Though I have to admit, arguing like this with someone who actually can fire back (though unintelligibly) is somewhat fun, lol.
Why would my name even come up IRL at tournaments? What, you guys have nothing better to do than chat about that Swedish guy?

Or do you mean on the forums? I want names. Who are these, apparently countless, mods and top players, SBR members and whatnot who hate my guts? Because, really, the forums don't really have that many mods. And I can count several who love me.

And I want to know who you consider "top players", "intelligent people" and so on. I bet most of these people aren't even top players, quite so intelligent or even SBR members or mods.

Also, I don't think you know what the world "unintelligible" means.

Sounds like a poor choice in moves to up b far out from the stage. For one, if I'm next to you, I get shot up and can hit you. I also move in the air faster and can hunt you down if you do that. Not to mention if you are chuting back, you can't attack me because then you won't be able to make it to the stage afterwards.
If he Up Bs way up, opens the parachute and starts DI:ing towards the stage, he can still throw out an attack and make it back. This is if he's high up enough.

Have you ever seen the fair or nair? DIing up wouldn't really do a whole lot.
Yes, but since when does a single Fair or Nair make you drop down so magically low you are suddenly forced to recover so low when you didn't have to before? He'd have to be pretty "far down" (relatively) for that.

Why does it have to be posted somewhere for you to understand it? You should be able to get it from the words used and the context it was in, or is that a little to difficult to think through for you?
I wanna know who uses "toons" to mean "characters". And why do you demand I be psychic enough to know the meanings of your, apparently, personally made up slang words which make no sense?

"Toons"? Looks and sounds nothing like "characters". In this instance, since Toon Link is a character, I assume you meant him. If I were to re-interpret it, I could interpret it as meaning "tons" (mispelled). But "toons" = "characters"? How is that "obvious"?

You said it was hard. I say it's easy. Maybe you missed that part, somehow.
No, I'm arguing you're wrong. Maybe that wasn't obvious.

Have you ever ****ing seen Ike get edge guarded before? The roll thing occurs at any height that Ike goes to. He just goes down too fast and doesn't grab the edge if you roll at the right time. It's really really easy to do.
But he still has a hitbox most of the way. He Up Bs over your head, he lands and slashes the sword downwards, hitbox the entire way.

So you'd have to edgehog him at the right moment, then when he's above you, ledgedrop, and then jump around a bit or grab the ledge again and go for another ledge because he'll eventually come down with a slashing move. It's not just one single fast hitbox which magically disappears.

However, it's still possible to do on him. It's just not easy.

No **** I'm talking about doing this against people who are forced to recover in a specific way, but guess what, the key word here is "forced" as in I force you to recover that way.
Funny, you just argued in this very post that it's quite "easy". I can only assume this means it's easy to set it, meaning it's easy to force them to recover in this specific way. I'm arguing that it is not.

What don't you get? Sure, it's not as easy to edge guard people as in melee and sometimes you have to try a few times to get it but it's definitely reasonable doable.
What part of "It's very hard to get G&W to recover in this very specific way" was too hard for you to understand? After all, it's been my core argument since post #1 about this.

I never argued, for instance, that it's hard to do against Ganondorf because he's pretty easy to force into situations such as this. G&W, however, is floaty-ish, has a good 2nd jump, has good aerial mobility and his Up B is quite good.

Check out a jiggs poking people with fair and nair. They basically drop and bit and go away from you.
Since when do you drop downwards from Jiggz' Fair and Nair if you DI it correctly? You fly off a bit away from her, but down (I'm making the very logical assumption that "drop" here means "down". Please correct me if the Dictionary of Bowyer states that "drop" is Bowyer-slang for something else).

Yes, changing what people say and saying "QFT" makes you so cool.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Also, I don't think you know what the world "unintelligible" means.
LMAO, I do know, lol.

Yuna said:
If he Up Bs way up, opens the parachute and starts DI:ing towards the stage, he can still throw out an attack and make it back. This is if he's high up enough.

Yes, but since when does a single Fair or Nair make you drop down so magically low you are suddenly forced to recover so low when you didn't have to before? He'd have to be pretty "far down" (relatively) for that.
I guess if the G&W was really high in the air then you could just float way above, but most of jiggs moves send you pretty horizontally even with upward DI. It's doable.

Yuna said:
I wanna know who uses "toons" to mean "characters". And why do you demand I be psychic enough to know the meanings of your, apparently, personally made up slang words which make no sense?

"Toons"? Looks and sounds nothing like "characters". In this instance, since Toon Link is a character, I assume you meant him. If I were to re-interpret it, I could interpret it as meaning "tons" (mispelled). But "toons" = "characters"? How is that "obvious"?
toons = cartoons = the characters are a bunch of cartoon like characters jumping around on the screen = characters... And anyways, I really find it funny that the only person I've ever been asked about the whole toon = character thing is a foreigner.

Yuna said:
But he still has a hitbox most of the way. He Up Bs over your head, he lands and slashes the sword downwards, hitbox the entire way.

So you'd have to edgehog him at the right moment, then when he's above you, ledgedrop, and then jump around a bit or grab the ledge again and go for another ledge because he'll eventually come down with a slashing move. It's not just one single fast hitbox which magically disappears.
OMG, are you ****ing trolling me? Have you never seen how to edge guard Ike? Seriously, right before they go up, grab the edge, then they're above you and your invincibility runs out. Then as they go down, right before they get to you, you roll, gain invincibility, they still can't grab the edge because they're going down fast, and then they DIE.

Yuna said:
Funny, you just argued in this very post that it's quite "easy". I can only assume this means it's easy to set it, meaning it's easy to force them to recover in this specific way. I'm arguing that it is not.

What part of "It's very hard to get G&W to recover in this very specific way" was too hard for you to understand? After all, it's been my core argument since post #1 about this.

I never argued, for instance, that it's hard to do against Ganondorf because he's pretty easy to force into situations such as this. G&W, however, is floaty-ish, has a good 2nd jump, has good aerial mobility and his Up B is quite good.
I think we have a misunderstanding here. I'm arguing that once you set it up, it's easy to edge hog them. Against most toons its not that easy and G&W is probably the hardest, but it is doable and once you set it up, it's easy to finish.

Yuna said:
Since when do you drop downwards from Jiggz' Fair and Nair if you DI it correctly? You fly off a bit away from her, but down (I'm making the very logical assumption that "drop" here means "down". Please correct me if the Dictionary of Bowyer states that "drop" is Bowyer-slang for something else).
You drop down (meaning continue going down about the same speed) when it's not a sweetspot. If it's a sweet spot, you would go up a little bit, but if it was a fair, you'd probably die from it. And non sweet spots are a lot easier to land, if they were about the same then I would just say fair them and kill them.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMAO, I do know, lol.
Then please quote me where my posts are "unintelligible".

I guess if the G&W was really high in the air then you could just float way above, but most of jiggs moves send you pretty horizontally even with upward DI. It's doable.
No they don't.

toons = cartoons = the characters are a bunch of cartoon like characters jumping around on the screen = characters... And anyways, I really find it funny that the only person I've ever been asked about the whole toon = character thing is a foreigner.
That's a very grand leap in logic. Maybe the other times you used this (totally illogically) abbreviation of a word which is a quasi-synonym to the word you're actually using, the context made it clear that you meant "characters".

This time, you just said "This works on Toons". Obviously, I must be an idiot to not immediately understanding that you by "toons" mean "characters". Obviously.

OMG, are you ****ing trolling me? Have you never seen how to edge guard Ike? Seriously, right before they go up, grab the edge, then they're above you and your invincibility runs out. Then as they go down, right before they get to you, you roll, gain invincibility, they still can't grab the edge because they're going down fast, and then they DIE.
Did I or did I not say that they can go onto the stage and you will not be able to just keep hanging there on the ledge since they will come down with a strike or their sword?

I think we have a misunderstanding here. I'm arguing that once you set it up, it's easy to edge hog them. Against most toons its not that easy and G&W is probably the hardest, but it is doable and once you set it up, it's easy to finish.
Then you should have been much more clearer on this.

You drop down (meaning continue going down about the same speed) when it's not a sweetspot.
That's not dropping down. That's just not going up. And I really doubt that (seeing as how I've actually, you know, played Brawl). However, even if this is true, it does not help your case. How is continuing to fall at the same speed (not dropping down any extra distance) and being hit just very very slightly away from Jiggz in any way magically force G&W into the position where he has to recover very low, especially when every single one of Jiggz's moves to launch people off the stage are easily DI:ed to you recover very high in this game of Extreme Floatiness?

If it's a sweet spot, you would go up a little bit, but if it was a fair, you'd probably die from it.
Yes, but this would have nothing to do with forcing G&W to recover low and Sing-Rest him to death them, it would be trying to kill him with Fair.

And non sweet spots are a lot easier to land, if they were about the same then I would just say fair them and kill them.
But this is something else entirely. Don't change the argument.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Then please quote me where my posts are "unintelligible".
OMG, learn english better. I said I know now because I ****ing looked it up in the dictionary and I used it horribly wrong, hence the "LMAO".

Yuna said:
That's a very grand leap in logic. Maybe the other times you used this (totally illogically) abbreviation of a word which is a quasi-synonym to the word you're actually using, the context made it clear that you meant "characters".

This time, you just said "This works on Toons". Obviously, I must be an idiot to not immediately understanding that you by "toons" mean "characters". Obviously.
If it's such a huge leap in logic, then why has everyone else understood me for the past 8 months? Accept it, you're ****ing dumb.

Yuna said:
Did I or did I not say that they can go onto the stage and you will not be able to just keep hanging there on the ledge since they will come down with a strike or their sword?
Did I or did I not say how to deal with this in one of my earlier posts? If he goes on the stage, you drop down, double jump after they land, sing, rest. Seriously, you keep saying **** that I've already covered and I'm beginning to understand why you win arguments against people. It's because you say the same **** things over and over again even though they've already been proven wrong until the other person just leaves out of frustration because you're impossible to have an intelligent conversation with.

Yuna said:
Then you should have been much more clearer on this.
This is my fault? LOL. You're the ****ing one who can't say what's on his mind.

Yuna said:
That's not dropping down. That's just not going up. And I really doubt that (seeing as how I've actually, you know, played Brawl). However, even if this is true, it does not help your case. How is continuing to fall at the same speed (not dropping down any extra distance) and being hit just very very slightly away from Jiggz in any way magically force G&W into the position where he has to recover very low, especially when every single one of Jiggz's moves to launch people off the stage are easily DI:ed to you recover very high in this game of Extreme Floatiness?
Getting hit off by fairs, bairs, nairs, and ftilts, doesn't send you very high even if you DI correctly. And while getting hit off stage doesn't send you down, you drop in relation to most of the moves in this game and all forward moment is stopped, pushing you backwards while losing height, it makes it difficult to recover high when you lose height without moving forward, meanwhile the jiggs is still going after you to try to hit you again, hmm...

Yuna said:
Yes, but this would have nothing to do with forcing G&W to recover low and Sing-Rest him to death them, it would be trying to kill him with Fair.

But this is something else entirely. Don't change the argument.
I'm seriously starting to get pissed off now. You should stop arguing with people until you can understand English better.

The point is that the reason the whole non sweetspotted attacks thing comes up is because its easier to land that than a sweetspotted attack. If sweetspot fairs were just as easy, I wouldn't bring up the sing rest thing because it would never happen because I would just kill them outright off the side. I never changed the subject from putting them in a position to sing rest them.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG, learn english better. I said I know now because I ****ing looked it up in the dictionary and I used it horribly wrong, hence the "LMAO".
You said: "Your post [...] is uintelligible."
I said: "Do you even know what that means?"
You said: "LMAO, I do know, lol."

Who in their right mind would interpret "LMAO, I do know, lol." as "I ****ing looked it up in the dictionary and I used it horribly wrong"?!

If it's such a huge leap in logic, then why has everyone else understood me for the past 8 months? Accept it, you're ****ing dumb.
Enjoy your infraction.

Did I or did I not say how to deal with this in one of my earlier posts? If he goes on the stage, you drop down, double jump after they land, sing, rest.
Yes, I said that as well. You just conveniently misssed when I said it and belted on as if I never had.

Seriously, you keep saying **** that I've already covered and I'm beginning to understand why you win arguments against people.
I am a teapot, short and stout, don't call me black, kettle.

This is my fault? LOL. You're the ****ing one who can't say what's on his mind.
Why? Why should "It's easy!" be logically decoded as "It's easy to do if you get him into this very specific and situational situation where he has to recover in a very specific way and at a very specific distance"?

Getting hit off by fairs, bairs, nairs, and ftilts, doesn't send you very high even if you DI correctly.
It sends you off high enough to not have to recover at stage-level and land while Up B:ing, thus enabling Sing-cancelling rest. That's all that matters.

Also, I beg to differ on most of those moves and their supposed send-off angles. I bet you're not DI:ing them properly.

And while getting hit off stage doesn't send you down, you drop in relation to most of the moves in this game and all forward moment is stopped, pushing you backwards while losing height, it makes it difficult to recover high when you lose height without moving forward, meanwhile the jiggs is still going after you to try to hit you again, hmm...
G&W happens to have some excellent anti-edgeguarding moves.

The point is that the reason the whole non sweetspotted attacks thing comes up is because its easier to land that than a sweetspotted attack. If sweetspot fairs were just as easy, I wouldn't bring up the sing rest thing because it would never happen because I would just kill them outright off the side. I never changed the subject from putting them in a position to sing rest them.
You brought in random irrelevant "facts" for no reason.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
It's not that there are many useless moves, it's just that the moves can be proven useful at the right moment and the right time. Also, many other moves also "replaced" by more "useful" moves.

Lethon

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon's up taunt is useless.

Falco's f-air

ZSS f-smash

And I don't think Snake's n-air or d-air is that useful either, you'd rather use b-air or f-air for a spike.

Hype

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon's up taunt is useless.

Falco's f-air

ZSS f-smash

And I don't think Snake's n-air or d-air is that useful either, you'd rather use b-air or f-air for a spike.
- Falcos Fair perfectly buffers a silent laser when full hopped
- I know nothing about ZSS but im sure it's usful
- Snake's Nair is his best aerail last time I checked, and dair has its uses.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's really a poor man's dsmash. The reflection isn't fast enough to stop more than maybe one projectile, due to start up/cool down.
Pffft. Against a character like Lucario with a KOing projectile, you don't need more than one. <<

Also, I agree that Captain Falcon's Utaunt is the worst move in the game.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
King Dedede's Jet Hammer is pretty close to useless since his forward smash is better against broken shields and is fine to diminish. He could hurt himself by overcharging to avoid being chainthrown by Falco I suppose, and I seem to recall hearing that it was really good for hitting opponents doing something obscure that I can't remember.
He also has a uber wavedash type deal when he very SLIGHTLY taps forward while charging it. Mindgames son.

.CMW.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on what you would consider the definition of useful.

Every move has its use, but there will be situations where a different move may have been more useful.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Marios dtilt is the worst move in the game by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. It has 0 uses at all

Top Bottom