• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be right to say that ALL the moves in this game can be useful?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
What I mean is, is there a time and place for every move? The only one I can think of that ISN'T is Ganon's up-tilt, when his fast smashes can do the same thing in less time. But this includes all grabs, basic attacks, smashes of all kinds, etc.
I used Ganon's uptilt on one of the best players in GA.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marths d-throw is better than his b-throw in EVERY situation.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't R.O.B.s Side-B reflect projectiles?

I know that any R.O.B. player would tell you, but aren't there a couple more uses for Side-B, perhaps?
Yeah reflecting Slow crap like Aura sphere is the only thing it's useful for. Anyone who thinks it's goo for reflecting has never used it. but YES it has a use... that on rare use. even still it's not garantee it will work.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Luigi's down taunt. ;D
Only good on ledges. Other than that, it's useless.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Weegee doesn't need more bad publicity.....

Also, Dtaunt to Uspecial.

/thread.
D-taunt to shoryuken? man how bad about yourself would ya feel if you got hit by that? probably sounds pretty cool tho, double klang action.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I find use for Rob's side B. As a matter of fact, it won me a match. I used side B, the opposing peach pulled out a bomb-omb and chucked it at me, it reflected and koed her. We were both at high percent, it won me a nailbiter.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
D-taunt to shoryuken? man how bad about yourself would ya feel if you got hit by that? probably sounds pretty cool tho, double klang action.
It would require someone impossibly bad to be hit by it since they'd have to be grounded for that. So unless they had their shield broken or something...

Gindler

Smash Champion
Even ganon's Utilt can be useful in doubles. Say if DDD chaingrabs someone into it...DDD can make anything happen in doubles

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even ganon's Utilt can be useful in doubles. Say if DDD chaingrabs someone into it...DDD can make anything happen in doubles
Then every single move in the game is useful in some way. But why would you U-tilt when (IIRC) Murder Punch or whatever his Neutral B is called is actually stronger?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Up-tilt = Vacuum action
So you're doing it to be safer, to not hit your incompetent teammate who can't space properly in order to vaccuum your opponent into it instead of using a superior, stronger (and faster, IIRC) move? I suggest you just switch teammates.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
FLUDD doesn't do anything against MK's tornado. Mario mains leave the Super Jump Punch for that.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Although all moves are useful, there are usually better moves which are perfered by the user.

That pretty much summarizes the thread.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
For me, Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash (it turns her into a Worse Character).

on a more serious note. Errr...
I find Jigglypuff's Pound rather useless (Rising pound is too difficult and it doesn't have any good Range or Power).
lmao, pound is basically jigg's only good move. (well rest is somewhat good even though it got nerfed to hell.)

So you're saying jiggly's sing can be useful?

LMFAO
Yeah

Force a G&W to recover low > edge hug at last second > force G&W to recover on stage > ledge canceled sing > rest

You can do similar things to a lot of the toons who you can force to land on the stage by edge hugging.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Force a G&W to recover low
Yes, because he has to recover low so often.

edge hug at last second > force G&W to recover on stage > ledge canceled sing > rest
Maybe if he's a total idiot. How the hell is Jiggz supposed to successfully edgehog G&W in such a way he is forced to recover onto the stage?! It is impossible. It is impossible to force G&W to immediately Up B and immediately land so you can Sing him to sleep and then rest him.

You can do similar things to a lot of the toons who you can force to land on the stage by edge hugging
The Toons? Do you mean Toon Link? Whose Up B last so long it is also impossible to edgehog?

Top Bottom