• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Well, that's different. If someone wants the luxury of having X product first, then sure, they can pay whatever they want. Which just made me realize that this is what theeboredone is doing, LOL. But I think you're mixing up that scenario with my scenario since nobody goes into a store and yells "I'll give you 10 bucks for that loaf of bread!" and another person yells "Yeah? I'll give you 20 bucks!"

Like I said, it's reasonable to increase their prices but not so much that it's just almost ridiculous and that's my entire point.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's different. If someone wants the luxury of having X product first, then sure, they can pay whatever they want. Which just made me realize that this is what theeboredone is doing, LOL. But I think you're mixing up that scenario with my scenario since nobody goes into a store and yells "I'll give you 10 bucks for that loaf of bread!" and another person yells "Yeah? I'll give you 20 bucks!"

Like I said, it's reasonable to increase their prices but not so much that it's just almost ridiculous and that's my entire point.
That scenario is where it could happen, people making a line to buy food because of a flood (which I experienced one), a tornado or whatever. The supply is low, the demand is very high. Someone will always speak up and ask for it first no matter what it takes because they all know it's scarce and they really need it.

As a shop owner you need to worry about yourself too, you need money as well if not even the products you are selling. "Why sell X for 2 bucks when every other store is selling it for 20, and people are actually buying it? At this rate I will sell everything and not profit as much as the competition". In fact, that is even a virtual loss, when you profit with a sale but that could have an even higher profit.

Knowing when to raise the prices is not being a scum, it's just being a good trader. As I said, if every other store will raise the prices, then it's more than fair to raise the price as well, it's how the market has always been going. Raising the price before if not at the same time as the other shops does not make you a bad person. Money is just virtual method for us to trade and give value to things after all, if those household essential items suddenly become more valuable due to their scarcity, then it's more than reasonable to ask for said value trough the universal converter of values (money).

Anyway, I think we are going way off topic. :o

John2k4

The End of an Era
Just stopped by Gamestop with a friend & played Rayman on WiiU

Gotta say, I love it.

:phone:

wezai

Smash Journeyman

Gotta say, I love it.

Damn, I want to get Rayman so badly. Seems like it will be a fun game to play with friends and family, more than NSBMU it seems. :)

Yeah, sorry about that XD

You can PM me if you want to continue talking about this.
Haha, nah it's okay. And I think it would be pointless for us to continue talking about this, it's very subjective and the manner as how we perceive can be different in every scenario. That's not important, though. :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

Gotta say, I love it.

How was the controller and stuff? Man.
My hype kind of died during the last month but just reading this thread makes me want to play it so bad.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just a thought, but what if it turns out to be like the PS3 launch and you can literally just walk into random stores and buy them even after they come out?
Don't know what you're talking about. I have two acquaintances who sold 2 PS3's each on launch day or close to it for 1000 each on Ebay. That's a 350 dollar profit each.

Also, a lot of analysts and reports are coming out that the stock count is going to be low due to high demand/production limitations. Furthermore, it is going to be a hot holiday item outside of the Ipad Mini/4th Gen.

Honestly, with any console release, you can make a profit out of it. At worst, you are going to sell it back or return it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For some reason, can't load the website.

Edit: Just saw it. Wow, that commercial looks like it was ripped straight from the 90s. Honestly, not sure if it's gonna make anyone jump out of their seat. I was left underwhelmed.

finalark

SNORLAX
That commercial was silly.

I want to know how Nitendo went from the surreal 2000s commercials to the "OMG PAR-TAY TIME" commercials of the 10s.

Or you know, trying to pretend that non-gamers own a 3DS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you said 90's I got hyped for something like WE DO WANT NINTEN DON'T kind of thing with EXTREME ACTION!!! really fast paced.

I was disappointed.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Did they have to go down the dark path of dubstep?

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I liked the UK commercial because the song We Swarm by The Glitch Mob is so epic! The US ads is sub-par, they could have done better. At least there are no dolls crying. xD

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So I went to check on my Pre-order at Toys R Us, and I can't even login. It says my email does not exist in their servers. Every single email I have.

Wtf

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Do you still have the emails having the order #? I actually kept that email saved, and I can tell you what it shows when I put it in. Oh yeah, I will say that I don't remember if I registered or just did a guest log in purchase. When I tried to log in, it said email doesn't exist.

"Item(s) on hold until release date: 09 / 15 / 12 "

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Do you still have the emails having the order #? I actually kept that email saved, and I can tell you what it shows when I put it in. Oh yeah, I will say that I don't remember if I registered or just did a guest log in purchase. When I tried to log in, it said email doesn't exist.

"Item(s) on hold until release date: 09 / 15 / 12 "
That's the thing: I don't see any. But the problem is I don't know of any other emails I would use.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dude I'm crazy hyped over Zombi U and Scribblenauts Unlimited.
They recently revealed that Nintendo characters will be in Scribblenauts. Can't wait to see the sick edits people do to nintendo's characters. A chainsaw wielding Mario or a robot Link.
Mostly excited over Zombi U though. Such a hardcore game.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Dude I'm crazy hyped over Zombi U and Scribblenauts Unlimited.
They recently revealed that Nintendo characters will be in Scribblenauts. Can't wait to see the sick edits people do to nintendo's characters. A chainsaw wielding Mario or a robot Link.
Mostly excited over Zombi U though. Such a hardcore game.
I wasn't too interested in the ZombiU until recently. I thought it would be just another "Red Steel"... But oh gosh, the game looks so much polished. Just by watching demos alone you can see that a lot of time and resources was put into it, even if they started developing it for older Wii U development kits (I guess?).

It has a lot of interesting features, I am definitely getting a ZombiU day one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We got our wii-u's in today.

We got just enough that mine is assured. I can rest easy not having to go to the midnight launch and still get it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Heh I still don't know if I'm getting mine from Toys R Us because I can't log in to my account. As long as I just forgot my account, I'll be getting it because I DID fill out the order form at least.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically speaking it's not a Super Smash Bros machine yet. Super Smash Bros. 64 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are playable, but don't call it a Super Smash Bros. machine until the next game Super Smash Bros. Clash* is released and Super Smash Bros. Melee is re-released on virtual console.

*Super Smash Bros. Clash is a placeholder name until the official title is revealed.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Handhelds always have issues.

Pokemon, the biggest handheld series ever, only ever has successful tournies when they're officially sponsored.

Consoles/PC are only the ever way competition happens.

Not that Smash 4 will be competitively viable at all. 70% trip chance and air tripping here I come.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Pokemon, the biggest handheld series ever, only ever has successful tournies when they're officially sponsored.

Not that Smash 4 will be competitively viable at all. 70% trip chance and air tripping here I come.
If tripping is in the next Smash I will be incredibly disappointed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

By work i mean use the 3DS as your controller or something. 3DS and Wii u interaction!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well remember, MLG didn't allow Smash players to use the Wiimote, so hopefully there will be a workaround to prevent any sort of interference if people want to use their 3DS.

Top Bottom