• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Is the Wii U controller confirmed to have a wired connection? Otherwise we won't be at MLG anyways
No, I'm pretty sure that we are in the wireless age now. Hopefully Smash 4 gets arcade stick approved. Cause I gave always wanted to play smash via an arcade stick.

:phone:

V-K

Smash Ace
No, I'm pretty sure that we are in the wireless age now. Hopefully Smash 4 gets arcade stick approved. Cause I gave always wanted to play smash via an arcade stick.

What? Why would you buy an arcade stick if there aren't any moves that require circular motions?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've tried playing Smash 64 on an arcade stick. It doesn't work.

If 64 is too complex for an arcade stick then no smash has hope on one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is the problem tilt dectection? Cause arcade sticks don't have a tap/tilt input difference just double tap to run.

Brawl requires a cstick for sdi

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Will be picking up the Wii U from Best Buy "today". Toys R Us emailed me and said that one will be at my house by the latest, Nov 28th.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to get mine tomorrow after work.

I've physically seen mine with my name written on it waiting for me. I didn't want to stay until midnight for it

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Toy's R Us near me has a delay getting Wii U's in the store, and I already gotten three Wii U games ready for it. T_T [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
What? Why would you buy an arcade stick if there aren't any moves that require circular motions?
I already own a fight stick. I could just mod it to be compatible with the wii u. But yeah, the tilt/tap thing would be the only problem.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, that exciting feeling of waiting for your order to arrive from across the sea soon! *-*

I believe I have enough to not get bored until the next Smash, Zelda, Mario and Metroid arrive. By the way, is is possible for Mojang to port Minecraft to the Wii U? It seems like it is the perfect console to play it with the Wii U Gamepad. I've been playing a lot of it lately in my pc. :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Reminds me of unpacking the Wii haha. Good times...

On the same boat as you as far as TRU goes, expected by the 27th.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Better than me, if I get it, it'll be for Christmas. Better than not getting it so I can't complain.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Should I resell mine now or in December? Right now, the average Craig List price is 500-550. Counting tax, that's a 130 dollar profit minimum.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd think the best times would be either right after launch when people have hype or sometime during the holiday shopping after Thanksgiving.

yani

Smash Lord
@theeboredone I would hold onto it for a bit. People will be willing to pay more once the reality soaks in that it's sold out everywhere.

I got my Deluxe U this morning! I'm enjoying Nintendo Land. I have to wait a few days for New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, and Sonic & All Stars Transformed to arrive. :)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Reminds me of unpacking the Wii haha. Good times...

On the same boat as you as far as TRU goes, expected by the 27th.
Same for me.

Also, Toys R Us did end up keeping my order. Despite not being able to login, I still got my order confirmation this morning and I'll be getting it from the 22nd - 27th.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So, what would everyone recommend as their first Wii U game? My Wii U will be coming like mid-week so I've got some time to think about which one I want.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu

So right now ZombiU is the new Resident Evil 6 apparently. Reviews is all over the place, and I don't know what to believe. XD
Most reviews are average or good, with just one bad review from the big websites at least, so I have good faith in it. Haven't preordered it or anything, was waiting for some reviews like I assume you are.

But I would never trust user reviews a day from launch, even the positive ones. That said most negative reviews given are that account's only review, and there's one that has this:
http://www.metacritic.com/user/parlokin

Yuppp.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I heard Zombie-U was like Demon Soul's but with zombies. Which has me really excited for it. I'm still gonna wait after the holidays. Thinking of getting the standard one, since I'll be getting an external hard drive anyways.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I heard Zombie-U was like Demon Soul's but with zombies. Which has me really excited for it. I'm still gonna wait after the holidays. Thinking of getting the standard one, since I'll be getting an external hard drive anyways.

Seeing all the conflict between reviewers and what was missed by SOME reviewers is part of the reason I like to play games for myself to see.

Got my WiiU Deluxe, Zombie-U, New Super Mario Bros. U and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razer's Edge

I'm so ready.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hate wasting money on games that are poorly received. I'd rather just wait and see how things play out. If anything, just rent it.

Also, big reviewers to score it bad include...

IGN, Gamespot, and Game Informer

Edit: Also, lol at 5 GB update.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hate wasting money on games that are poorly received. I'd rather just wait and see how things play out. If anything, just rent it.

Also, big reviewers to score it bad include...

IGN, Gamespot, and Game Informer

Edit: Also, lol at 5 GB update.
That update would take up almost all of the Basic Wii U internal memory, lmao.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know what teh difference is between the wii u and the 3DS version of scibblenaughts?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
3DS version has no features.

Wii U version costs like twice as much.

Choose what you prefer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Club Nintendo said I'd get my points for my wii u once link it with my club Nintendo account. But I did and still no points!

I am browsing the internet on my wii u now. typing is much slower than on my computer

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Club Nintendo said I'd get my points for my wii u once link it with my club Nintendo account. But I did and still no points!

I am browsing the internet on my wii u now. typing is much slower than on my computer
How fast is it compared to other consoles, though? And are you able to plug in and use a keyboard in it?

OT: And what uses 5GB of update? The console update or ZombiU? It's bad to have those kind of updates for the less informed, they will have a hard time figuring out that they can install their own HD. I wonder if the console manual states that they can increase the memory. I also wonder if they leave it clear on that matter (ie: Bolded text, bigger font, illustrations or highlights, lol). If it doesn't, shame on Nintendo! I'm happy I am already prepared. :D

Damn, I cannot wait to test it all! I will be getting ZombiU regardless of the metacritic. Now I don't know if I'll be happy with it. :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The 5GB is for the updated patches including the Wii menu system and etc. But in all honesty, I got my 500 GB External HArddrive for anything I gotta download, dedicated to the Wii U. And the wait between different apps and menus isn't that bad, though I can understand Nintendo patching it to make the transitions a little quicker. Either way, can't complain. I'm a patient guy.

So essentially, major patch for the online functionality and everything else inbetween I believe.

Also, I'm really digging the transition between TV and the WiiU when I'm switching stuff up on the fly. Only sad thing is that the input delay is still there somewhat for the Wii side of things, but it's practically non-existant on the Wii U side of things. Considering they didn't amp up the definition on older games (which is fine :p)

The data transfer sequence though? So adorable. Pikmin ftw.

Bed now, gaming later!!

wezai

Smash Journeyman
^ I see, thanks for the info. :)

OT: Sooo.. I just got done reading plenty of ZombiU articles, every sort of review, and what I gathered from it is simple: Reviewers are too afraid of changes and unique concepts or are just plain lazy. In one of the reviews all the negative sides of it were something like:

*You can't sprint for too long;
*You die easily;
*The zombies can outrun you;
*Not enough ammo;

I mean, seriously? I feel like the guys reviewing it were expecting a brainless shooter or whatnot and felt frustrated because it is not one? All these sort of things listed MAKE the game a survival-horror title. And I believe they can be considered a PLUS instead (at least in my humble opinion).

I guess I can't complain much until I get my hands on the Wii U and the game itself to see for myself.

Edit:

I've watched most of this gameplay video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-zombiu/17-6810/.

The game looks interesting, it really brings an atmosphere that you are alone, you need to save ammo and strive to survive. And unlike how most reviewers think, you don't need to kill every zombie to proceed. If you happen to find a bunch, just run, lock yourself in a safe place, try to dodge them and etc. Of course it will become pretty tiring swinging the cricket bat after awhile if you do it with every horde of zombies you find. Be smart! It's not only about saving ammunition, it's also about saving energy.

The only flaw I have seen so far that REALLY annoys me and that totally kills the eerie atmosphere that the game itself is trying to present is the fact that Ubisoft didn't polish the collision size enough. I mean, the zombies are clipping through the walls left and right. You lock a crowd of them in a room and you can see their arms or half of their body clipping through the door??? WTF????

But besides that, it looks interesting. I can't wait to review it myself. The game seem to give us hints through newspapers and magazines or even notes about the holocaust, giving us an idea about what happened and how this "chaos" got out of control. ZombiU (silly name tsk tsk) is not another "Red Steel", that is my opinion, of course. :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
According to someone at Neogaf, there is supposedly some currently unannounced games coming to the Wii U. This includes Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, and (most interesting) Yoshi's Land Wii U.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
According to someone at Neogaf, there is supposedly some currently unannounced games coming to the Wii U. This includes Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, and (most interesting) Yoshi's Land Wii U.
Yoshi's Land? I want Yoshi's Island. ISLAND! :c

That is interesting, though. I hope it's just Yoshi's Island but with a different name. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
*You can't sprint for too long;
*You die easily;
*The zombies can outrun you;
*Not enough ammo;
*Weapons don't give much variety (Cricket bad ftl)
*Cricket bad is the ONLY melee weapon (wtf?)
*Puzzles that repeat over and over and over...
*Can't avoid a lot of combat despite it being a "realistic" apocalypse
*Game has MP...but no online? Really?

You gotta read both sides of the coin man.

Top Bottom