• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Ike allowed in low tier tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I actually don't think Pika is that bad if you can force them to get Sheik above 18% or whatever the maximum percentage required for the CG is.

IC's, well if you go solo Sheik vs that, I'll attend your funeral to pay my respects.
I agree, but so many don't. People look at numbers and go "OH SH*T".
I have numbers to, the say that Sheik can do amazing things that people have little to no chance against.
Some I am even keeping to myself because I want it to be exposed to an unexpecting opponent.

As for the IC's.... I will eventually get the match up down. They have a few weakness that Sheik can exploit.
All I gotta do is learn how to exploit while keeping myself from being grabbed. Short range + 1 grab= a kill is crazy
Although I think the IC MU is also overrated. The score is based on the fact that we can't f-tilt lock and that it is EASIER to CG us.
I don't need a f-tilt lock to win my battle's.

Also, WTH are people arguing over who is the best Ike?
You can't honestly say that. You can say that one dude is better cuz he knows the ditto more or that one dude is better cuz he wins a lot in a weak region.
Bottom line is... you can't say which one is better. All you can say is "these dudes over here are the best.. period."'

Palpi

Smash Hero
:mad:
Stop mentioning, talking, hinting, or doing anything that may relate to sheik being high tier worthy.
Until it is 100% proved..(right now its bs)..just stop. Please.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Side B should never be used as an attack.
What? It's actually very useful, especially against Sonic.

I think Ren's ike is trickier, but Inui is really smart, and one of the better ikes at the matchup imo. He did sd and mess up a lot that day, and i'd like to rematch him Sonic vs Ike again someday when he's at his best. : )

-Btw Ren when you said i said 50x better i think you were exaggerating xD!
Yeah, I'll try it again.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
What? It's (Quick Draw is) actually very useful, especially against Sonic.
Know of any vids showing this? That would be pretty helpful =)
My mind just can't picture it working, so I need something else to picture it for me, if that makes sense.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Inui... when we meet irl, your going down down down down down down!!!!!!!!!!!! lol but yeah, we are doing some matches and you better not run away!

I'll shout out... Inui!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to start a crowd and get the blood boiling!

one thing! heehee just make sure ya don't choke!! Choke!! "COUGH COUGH" choke! that kind of choke! choke slammed! =D

saviorslegacy

Someone's found a new toy.
yep :)

I wonder if others will start doing it....
That would be funny if SWF started using that. lol Then again.. it would lose part of what makes it fun cuz everyone would be using it......

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
:mad:
Stop mentioning, talking, hinting, or doing anything that may relate to sheik being high tier worthy.
Until it is 100% proved..(right now its bs)..just stop. Please.
I could see her going up to around 19th or 20th. She's not quite B Tier yet, but she should be in the top part of C Tier.

Also, why has this topic stayed open for so long?

Kantō

Smash Champion
i agree. why is ike lw teir. he should at least be mid. ikes have been winning wny tournies where i live. ike vs. top tier characters and hes still claiming 1st place. its kool that ikes have that potential, but they dont get the respect they deserve.

saviorslegacy

i agree. why is ike lw teir. he should at least be mid. ikes have been winning wny tournies where i live. ike vs. top tier characters and hes still claiming 1st place. its kool that ikes have that potential, but they dont get the respect they deserve.
I fully agree.
I like Ike a lot. If it wasn't for the lag on his airials I would alt him no questions asked.

IMO, he reminds me of Melee Ganon.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui... when we meet irl, your going down down down down down down!!!!!!!!!!!! lol but yeah, we are doing some matches and you better not run away!

I'll shout out... Inui!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to start a crowd and get the blood boiling!

one thing! heehee just make sure ya don't choke!! Choke!! "COUGH COUGH" choke! that kind of choke! choke slammed! =D
This would require you travelling to a major for once or a major to occur in your area.

San is just significantly better than you guys and ****** your habits. You also don't have any real MK players, no Olimars, no Falcos, no Dededes... You lack the characters that 90/10 Ike and shut him down. San is lucky the NYC top tier players don't travel to your events.

Four Star

Smash Rookie
Ike's lag makes him sad face, but his strength can overwhelm or change the tide of a match with decent placement.

Of course this doesn't make him high tier or anything.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Side B should never be used as an attack.
Actually, Inui has a point with this one. Sonic's Spin Charge's greatest boon is that its speed makes it hard as hell to hit him out of it if he releases it at mid range without extensive practice or access to a Tornado, and because of this, he can apply insane mental pressure on his opponent without really doing much of anything other than just sitting in place and charging his spin charge. However, Ike's SideB completely eliminates any need for things like "timing," so the mindgame is completely nullified as Sonic is set in a disadvantageous situation, to either try to attack Ike and try to hit him before he notices and releases, or to jump over him, resetting the situation. Ike can't lose this situation, and it almost always results in a reset, meaning that there's not that much of a downside to doing it.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Can't they just side b cancel into a shield and then **** you? :\
That's the thing. SideB isn't a threat. SideB is much, much slower than DownB in start-up, charge time, and overall roll speed, as well as having the distinctive hop which makes it even slower. SideB is easily grabbed, smacked out of, etc. Also, he can only shield cancel up until it's fully charged. If it's fully charged, then he can't shield anymore.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually, Inui has a point with this one. Sonic's Spin Charge's greatest boon is that its speed makes it hard as hell to hit him out of it if he releases it at mid range without extensive practice or access to a Tornado, and because of this, he can apply insane mental pressure on his opponent without really doing much of anything other than just sitting in place and charging his spin charge. However, Ike's SideB completely eliminates any need for things like "timing," so the mindgame is completely nullified as Sonic is set in a disadvantageous situation, to either try to attack Ike and try to hit him before he notices and releases, or to jump over him, resetting the situation. Ike can't lose this situation, and it almost always results in a reset, meaning that there's not that much of a downside to doing it.

Thats when you down B.
Use Side B. Timing then becomes a major factor because either way, Ike can't do much. He will have to wait til Sonic is fully charged with the side B and even then we can simply shield.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think the bigger quesiton here is why the hell did this reach 16 pages?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom