• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Bowser such an unpopular character choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
knowledge dispels ignorance. Bowser is ss tier above everyone and second to himself, meaning first and second place are already taken up by bowser himself, lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
Actually, i think it may be because of D3...

Everone might think if they pull out bowser, that other guy will just go D3 and "infinite" him/her to death <.<

PoweredVolt

Smash Cadet
Lol, people judge based on first appearance. If the character isn't fast enough or whatever, they don't like him. It takes patience to play Bowser and many don't have that.

Lovely

Smash Lord
people don't like bowser because there are those that think he goes even or has the advantage against metaknight.
♣ Depending on what stage you pick. Remember that Bowser has horizontal and is only good on some stages so you have to pick wisely on Meta Knight. ♥

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Besides the infinite I think people realize how hard it is to play as him. He's not one of those pick-up-and-play type characters.......theirs a lot of depth to him if you want to main him or win with him.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I know the real reason. His hands are bigger, which means...

... Exactly. And not enough women/gays play Brawl and the straight men all feel... inadequate.
Since when did Bowser have a ****?

Anyways. I'm not a huge fan of Bowser, but I must admit, he's probably the most fun character I picked up.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I think the reason I easily affiliate myself to Bowser is because I'm not a Melee veteren. The downside is I don't have the battle-honed reflexes most Melee vets do.

I also ***** a Marth on the last stock after he jumped my Fire Breath and expected me to keep holding it down. I think I Dash-Attacked him, , then got a couple Fair's on him, then managed to U-Smash him to a Star-KO. He said he was on the phone at the time. I said No Johns.

Phone or No Phone though, kicking his arse felt good that badly in the last part of the match felt good. I don't usually win friendlies with Bowser, or Lucario for that matter.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
He's also faster than Dedede. Dedede doesn't have combos either. So maybe you should quit Dedede?
I like DDDs Grab (~Dthrow), his Bair and also his UpTilt. UpSmash and DSmash are also fine.

That are five things more than I like at Bowser :) xD

Well, somehow I think this sentence doesnt make sense, but my english is not good enough to translate what I mean into english x) sry :(:urg:

Volts

Smash Cadet
I think it is just a stigma stemming from fighting games in general, that most big fighters are just bad or aren't worth playing because there are too many counter strategies for most of their good attacks.

But that's just me :p

salaboB

Smash Champion
I think it is just a stigma stemming from fighting games in general, that most big fighters are just bad or aren't worth playing because there are too many counter strategies for most of their good attacks.

But that's just me :p
DDD is quite popular.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I like a lot to play with Bowser. He is so cool, Strong, Has a nice Grab Game and a Great Side-B.

I don't no why Bowser is so unpopular...

Likely Reasons:
Bowser wasn't a great character in Melee and people tend to stop using him.
He isn't a Famous character.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I like a lot to play with Bowser. He is so cool, Strong, Has a nice Grab Game and a Great Side-B.

I don't no why Bowser is so unpopular...

Likely Reasons:
Bowser wasn't a great character in Melee and people tend to stop using him.
He isn't a Famous character.
bowser is famous lawls
also people look at slow chars sometimes and see bad(in some cases true)

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
there are alot of reasons why bowser is an unpopular character choice but there are several bowser's in this board who are good enough to have a convincing influence on other smash players. I'm pretty sure as our Bowsers get better and are exposed through combo vids, matches, tournament winnings, etc., Bowser will gain popularity. In some sense its up to us. W/e gain bowser makes in popularity in this game will definitely influence his overall standing in the next ssb.

Noltron

Smash Rookie
Bowser can be a good character if you learn to master him, just like most other characters. Practice makes perfect.

There are easier characters out there to master than bowser, though.
It may be partly because of that.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is the horniest character in super smash brothers its true look at him he's a regular horn dog

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Well Bowser's a big target.. IMO I think it's cause he's so slow, and really big, thus making him an easy target. And he isn't agile at all, contributing more to how much of a big target he is.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
And hes not as slow as people think. 9th best aerial mobility, above average dash, quick jabs and tilts, can put up a nice defense also(and offense if played carefully). Though once someone gets inside him, hes gonna take quite some damage depending on who he's fighting, especially if knocked onto the air where someone can exploit his blind spot. From there he has to regain his spacing. Hes definitely deserves more love though.

B!squick

Smash Master
My friends hate him because apparently he is too slow and has bad air movement.
Personally I am not too fond of Bowser myself because of the same reasons, but his power is impressive.
Well Bowser's a big target.. IMO I think it's cause he's so slow, and really big, thus making him an easy target. And he isn't agile at all, contributing more to how much of a big target he is.
Being a bad character may have something to do with this. He's playable, but still he's like 6th worst.
You guys really need to lrn 2 lurk moar and go back to GFAQs or wherever it is the scrubs of the Smash world hang out. It's clear why he's so unpopular. It's because of parents who let their kids that ride the short bus use the internet.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
You guys really need to lrn 2 lurk moar and go back to GFAQs or wherever it is the scrubs of the Smash world hang out. It's clear why he's so unpopular. It's because of parents who let their kids that ride the short bus use the internet.
I already know it's clear, I'm just giving my opinion anyway ._.

And that last sentence really wasn't necessary. Everything else was fine, but I found that offensive. So how about you lrn2not be such a loser to the newbies?

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
this alot

98% of people who play bowser don't understand how to play him well
You know what, you got a point. He seems like he's sucky and impossible to use, but if you can utilize him to his full extent, you could beast with him. I've fought a few really good Bowsers in the past. No character in Brawl sucks, you just gotta know how to use them. And I guess Bowser has such a high learning curve that no one cares to take the time to learn how to use him.

B!squick

Smash Master
I already know it's clear, I'm just giving my opinion anyway ._.

And that last sentence really wasn't necessary. Everything else was fine, but I found that offensive. So how about you lrn2not be such a loser to the newbies?
Lol, sorry, I got a little carried away. Your post was pretty accurate now that I look at it though. It was just really brought down by the others that happened to be posted at around the same time.

.AC.

Smash Lord
you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom