• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
hell yeah roy should be back in. i mean look at game and watch, in melee he was looked down upon and now hes beastly. so why couldn't it be done for him too? there must have been room for some luigification.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
"I'm tired of these MOTHER ****ING Lucarios in this MOTHER ****ING BRAWL!"
yea, I feel your pain, before Brawl was released, I always pictured Lucario that be even better than Mewtwo (e.i. better moves) but it seems that there isn't a significant diffirence other than their appearance, Lucario mainers tend to bash too hard when it comes to Mewtwo.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
LISTEN TO THIS:

The rep cap is 5.

Pikachu. Pichu alternate costume.
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer THAT HAS STARTERS FROM 1st-3rd generation
Mewtwo
Lucario

Mind you, DEOXYS should've been in Brawl. But all he gets is a friggin' hyperbeam...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
LISTEN TO THIS:

The rep cap is 5.

Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Mind you, DEOXYS should've been in Brawl. But all he gets is a friggin' hyperbeam...
There is no rep cap... eventually (if enough Smashes are made) there will be more reps made to satisfy the fans.

Steelia

Smash Champion
LISTEN TO THIS:

The rep cap is 5.

Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

I daresay, I believe the rep cap will eventually have to increase to six... With more Mario & co. games being produced by Nintendo, that means more opportunities for playable characters... I can already see characters like Rosalina or Midna playable off the bat, so who isn't to say that there could be six in each faction? (Though that's probably pushing it some.)
...Basically, I see it as:

Pikachu (Pichu goggles)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Possibly keeping all 3 originals)
Mewtwo
-I'm not sure of Lucario's fate, unfortunately...
A possible 5th Gen rep (if it becomes popular enough)

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I mean, seriously. Very few people cared about them before Brawl was released. But once they were confirmed to not be in the game, people became butthurt about for them.

Almost no one like Roy: Fire Emblem fans, Smash Players, tier worshippers, even Sakurai himself. Not only that, people WANTED him not to be Brawl.

For Mewtwo, it's worse. He was rarely played at all. And of course, the tier worshippers didn't like him.

So yeah, I would like to know why people cried about them not being in when the odds are, they were the same people who didn't even played as them.
I've always liked Roy. It sucks the game he was in was hardly played to the point they put him in melee as an advertisment. Oh well. I also wanted him to be in brawl but he isn't too bad.

I'm a big fire emblem fan, thats why I wanted roy back in.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Well... I mained Mewtwo, IC and Kirby in Melee so I was shocked, when I found out that Mewtwo is gone forever

I always thougt the Melee Mewtwo would perfectly fit into Brawl with his floatyness. Sakurai wouldn't even need to change anything about him...
Stupid Jigglypuff

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well... I mained Mewtwo, IC and Kirby in Melee so I was shocked, when I found out that Mewtwo is gone forever

I always thougt the Melee Mewtwo would perfectly fit into Brawl with his floatyness. Sakurai wouldn't even need to change anything about him...
Stupid Jigglypuff
Maybe not forever...

Steelia

Smash Champion
What about Dr. Mario? The only clone ever to surpass his original.
True that. He was my main in Melee.
I'm amazed at just how many people are missing Doctor Mario, actually... Perhaps he actually has a chance at returning in the next Smash title... After all, he was and is and forever shall be apart of the Forbidden Seven.
Alongside Roy.
And Mewtwo.

We shall miss you all. What victories awaited you... your roles in the Subspace Emissary... the delicious graphical updates... and godly tier listings...
Nevermore.
:(

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
AHEM.

SLOGAN TIME.

"Saying Lucario is better than Mewtwo is like saying Picard is better than Kirk."

"A Smash Brothers game with Lucario but no Mewtwo is like a Smash Brothers game with Lucas but no Ness..."

"What I want to know is when did GameFreak become allergic to potential money?..."

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wow. Lots of Ike and Lucario bashers here.

This thread feels like it was made for the Mewtwo and Roy fans to rant and rant and rant...

Steelia

Smash Champion
This thread feels like it was made for the Mewtwo and Roy fans to rant and rant and rant...
...That's the point. :laugh:

Though I don't bash Lucario nor Ike, as both are unique characters and are original (Lucario being my most played in replacement of Mewtwo), I'll admit that neither of them keep the flavors of their cut comrades... which is rather sad. It's hard to say that they seem like suitable replacements when Brawl is slower to Melee... As such, the essences of Mewtwo and Roy don't seem properly carried on. It was like they wre forgotten, which they obviously weren't...

All I know is that I'm STILL sending my complaints to Nintendo. Not curse-filled rants, but rather short complaints. I figure if I do that long enough, eventually some more people will catch on that, "Hey, maybe we should do something about this Mewtwo problem."
If Nintendo could hear people complain about how Mewtwo sucked in Melee... then I'm positive that they're gonna hear us complain about him being not in at all in Brawl. I'm tired of the Smash series being dumbed down for noobs. It costed us valuable characters, lack of competitive play, and a promising adventure mode in Brawl. Who knows what may happen in the next Smash installment. (That is, if Sakurai is the one directing.)

Done here before I get too carried away, as I always seem to.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Haha, I just noticed how a majority of the people who've posted in here either have Doc, Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy or Young Link as their "Main" character besides their avatars (or if they don't have one of the mentioned as a Main, said character(s) are either in their avatar or signature). :p

As long as I see her with her Green Backpack and hurting herself then bring on the alty's!!
Wait... You consider Pichu a female? Wow... I never thought of it that way. When you put it like that, it... makes a bit of sense, really. Kind of. Sort of... >_>

I'm all for Mewtwo, Roy and Doc returning... Young Link doesn't have any hope (though he was "reincarnated" as Toon Link, I believe)... but as for Pichu... I never thought much of Pichu until it was cut. It was more of an "Eh" character for me. I knew that when Brawl came around, Pichu'd get the boot (alongside Young Link, Doctor and possibly Roy [I never expected Mewtwo :mad: ]), so I felt little sadness when I heard Pichu was out. But the more I thought of it, the more I started to feel bad about it being out. I mean, not only is it a Pokemon (I'm a Pokemon fan, for the record), but it's the ONLY character to use moves and hurt itself... Sure, that's nothing to really brag about, but it was and is the only character thus far to have that "special" attribute, thus making it unique in the Smash universe.
"What characters hurt themselves?"
"Pichu. That's it."
Compared to...
"Who has more than one jump?"
"Meta Knight, Kirby, King Dedede, Pit, Charizard..."
"...Oh."

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I just noticed how a majority of the people who've posted in here either have Doc, Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy or Young Link as their "Main" character besides their avatars (or if they don't have one of the mentioned as a Main, said character(s) are either in their avatar or signature). :p

Wait... You consider Pichu a female? Wow... I never thought of it that way. When you put it like that, it... makes a bit of sense, really. Kind of. Sort of... >_>

I'm all for Mewtwo, Roy and Doc returning... Young Link doesn't have any hope (though he was "reincarnated" as Toon Link, I believe)... but as for Pichu... I never thought much of Pichu until it was cut. It was more of an "Eh" character for me. I knew that when Brawl came around, Pichu'd get the boot (alongside Young Link, Doctor and possibly Roy [I never expected Mewtwo :mad: ]), so I felt little sadness when I heard Pichu was out. But the more I thought of it, the more I started to feel bad about it being out. I mean, not only is it a Pokemon (I'm a Pokemon fan, for the record), but it's the ONLY character to use moves and hurt itself... Sure, that's nothing to really brag about, but it was and is the only character thus far to have that "special" attribute, thus making it unique in the Smash universe.
"What characters hurt themselves?"
"Pichu. That's it."
Compared to...
"Who has more than one jump?"
"Meta Knight, Kirby, King Dedede, Pit, Charizard..."
"...Oh."

I dont really like care whether its a he or she, but the ribbons would signal some pretty feminine stuff :p

Also, for me, after Brawl came out, it just started to not feel the same without Pichu on the roster, or even Doc, and Mewtwo also (personally not as much as Pichu for me ;) ) , I still enjoy Brawl, but when I reallllyyy wanna have fun, I pop in then good ol' Melee disk :p

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I dont really like care whether its a he or she, but the ribbons would signal some pretty feminine stuff :p

Also, for me, after Brawl came out, it just started to not feel the same without Pichu on the roster, or even Doc, and Mewtwo also (personally not as much as Pichu for me ;) ) , I still enjoy Brawl, but when I reallllyyy wanna have fun, I pop in then good ol' Melee disk :p
Really? Not feel the same as what? Melee?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
All I know is that I'm STILL sending my complaints to Nintendo. Not curse-filled rants, but rather short complaints. I figure if I do that long enough, eventually some more people will catch on that, "Hey, maybe we should do something about this Mewtwo problem."
I'm waiting 'till the two petitions get really high...one has 150...then I'll send them in. They'll get bigger, I'll send them in again...to Nintendo...GameFreak...Sakurai...Chuck Norris...

Lovely

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is crazy powerful in Pokemon, and I guess some people feel ashamed that he was toned down too much and took him out, they should had at least made him into a sweet as hell Pokeball. Roy... well I'm not too into FE so I don't know his case, but he could made an AT though, but I do favor Lyn more than Roy but he would had been cool though. I'll stop talking now. -_-;

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I FAIL IN FIXING QUOTES!!!!!
Fixed.

10Ikeaethersroy

You're wasting your time. They'll probably have no chance (or very, very little) of returning in Brawl or a future smash game. Sure you want them in, but they'll probably won't be in the future smash bros. They can't just give out downloadable content for Brawl either. (though they do have a TINY chance of getting in)

And i'm not hating on any of the cut characters (well i do hate Doc. Mario a bit but...). I seriously can't believe this thread is still alive though.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You're wasting your time. They'll probably have no chance (or very, very little) of returning in Brawl or a future smash game. Sure you want them in, but they'll probably won't be in the future smash bros. They can't just give out downloadable content for Brawl either. (though they do have a TINY chance of getting in)

And i'm not hating on any of the cut characters (well i do hate Doc. Mario a bit but...). I seriously can't believe this thread is still alive though.
Someone else asked for it.

Also, this thread is powered by Mewtwo and Roy's combined awesomeness. If it was locked it would fill up with pure awesomeness until it A-SPLODED Smash World Forums...

...that's NOT a challenge, dear mods...

Top Bottom