• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Steelia

Smash Champion
I HATE when people say how Lucario's such a vast improvement over Mewtwo. How do you know he is, when Mewtwo wasn't even in Brawl? Hmm... I should put it another way... Comparing Melee Mewtwo with a Brawl Lucario just doesn't work. It's like trying to say which is better, a Modest Mewtwo from the newest Pokemon games, or the old-school no-nature set-stat Mewtwo from the RBY games? They're just too different to compare. Melee's too fast paced compared to Brawl, while Brawl just has different mechanics. Really, who would win, a Brawl Lucario or a Melee Mewtwo? Consider the speed differences and knockback potential of each... It could be hard to determine.
I don't know; I'm probably taking it too personally on Mewtwo's part. It just feels insulting when a character that had been disgraced so much has to be used as an example for others. I would think that Mewtwo would have been a GREAT character in Brawl, if he had been given the opportunity to return. I would've loved to see just how detailed he looked, to see him twitch as he charges up Smash Attacks, and to also watch him go against Lucario. I have nothing against Lucario, for the record, in fact he's my most played character in Brawl (I suppose to compensate for Mewtwo, heh)... I really wish Lucario and Mewtwo could've been in the game together. I see no harm in it. If Mario had 5 reps in Melee, hey, why couldn't Pokemon shine for just one Smash title, being there are a couple hundred potential fighters to choose from anyway? (Excluding the trainers...)

And, of course, Roy has also been one of my personal favorites; he could've been the middle character of Marth and Ike. Stronger, slower than Marth, but weaker, faster than Ike. As for his moves... He could've retained a few clone-atized Smash Attacks, but when you hit the opponent JUST right in the very inside of your blade, perhaps they could catch on fire to tell you you did it right? (Kind of like how you know you hit just right with Luigi's Up-B, where there's the ring to it, only with Roy his opponents would ignite when you catch them in the inside of your blade.)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Roy was a more likeable character than Marth, I thought...while Ike just says you'll get no sympathy from his friends...

PillowPants

Smash Apprentice
roys r boi, mewtwo did suck, but so did ness, kirby, and bowser(gimpy is the ****) thats no reason to take him out, but they prolly did it cuz lucario is newer

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Because Roy is a Marth that uses fire, hes like an awsome version of Marth.
...And mewtwo has a tail so I think their pretty important!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Mewtwo sucked. There's no other way around it. He was hard to play as, unless you mained him or something. Lucario is so MUCH BETTER, in my opinion. Lucario is awesome, simple as. And Roy, well, he was good, better than Marth, but I didn't care for him much. He was still better than Marth or Ike though. XP

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I hate sakurai for kicking out the chuck norris of pokemon and for making him trash to begin with in meelee. We all had expectations that he would come back as he should of been. Mewtwo means a lot to pokemon and he only sucked cause sakurai made him suck. No excuses about him overshadowing the cast, sakurai was wrong.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I hate sakurai for kicking out the chuck norris of pokemon and for making him trash to begin with in meelee. We all had expectations that he would come back as he should of been. Mewtwo means a lot to pokemon and he only sucked cause sakurai made him suck. No excuses about him overshadowing the cast, sakurai was wrong.
Sakurai didn't make Metwo suck, Melee made Mewtwo suck. :dizzy: I don't think Mewtwo would've been too bad in Brawl with a little weight boost.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Nay, Mewtwo is the BRUCE LEE of all Pokemon.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I hear that. Melee was the game that soiled his popularity... and saying "soiled" is putting it lightly. Whomever made Mewtwo into the atrocity that was in Melee deserves something so horrible to happen to them that I cannot even begin to think of what it could be. :p (Doubtful it was Sakurai who made Mewtwo's entire moveset... Didn't Pokemon Company have heavy involvement with how the Pokemon work...? :dizzy: )

As for Roy, I didn't think he was that bad, really. I always preferred him over Marth due to his higher KO potential... or knockback... Either or. Marth relied heavily on the tip-of-sword bit...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Mewtwo sucked. There's no other way around it. He was hard to play as, unless you mained him or something. Lucario is so MUCH BETTER, in my opinion. Lucario is awesome, simple as. And Roy, well, he was good, better than Marth, but I didn't care for him much. He was still better than Marth or Ike though. XP
^^I'm sure that can be said for a lot of characters.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
Ive always like Roy and wished he made it to brawl but im happy because i love toon link and meta knight

Puffs

Smash Ace
I DID main Mewtwo, and he was still very hard to play as. But I didn't give up, because it was Mewtwo.

Oh, and Mewtwo is the Samuel L. Jackson of Pokemon.

~rh

Smash Lord
I DID main Mewtwo, and he was still very hard to play as. But I didn't give up, because it was Mewtwo.

That's the best analogy ever.

flame013191

Smash Cadet
I care because I now know how completly awesome Roy is. I played FE6 on my emulator over summer and now he's alot coolier than I had previously thought

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

WIN!!!!

Mewtwo was popular because he was awesome.

Roy was popular because he is like red-haired Ike but is more awesome because unlike Ike... he can't be gay.

But Marth is still better than both of them. :)

~rh

Smash Lord
WIN!!!!

Mewtwo was popular because he was awesome.

Roy was popular because he is like red-haired Ike but is more awesome because unlike Ike... he can't be gay.

But Marth is still better than both of them. :)
No sir, you win.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
You'll get no sympathy from me.
Ok... this is coming from someone who used to be an Ike fanboy...

Roy... can marry Lilina...

Marth... does marry Sheeda

Ike... doesn't even have a girlfriend.

How many girls are all over Ike?
Mia, Elincia, Lethe (maybe), Nephenee (maybe), Marcia... good lord, thats a lot of beautiful women.

I'm not saying Ike IS gay... I'm saying he could be.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ok... this is coming from someone who used to be an Ike fanboy...

Roy... can marry Lilina...

Marth... does marry Sheeda

Ike... doesn't even have a girlfriend.

How many girls are all over Ike?
Mia, Elincia, Lethe (maybe), Nephenee (maybe), Marcia... good lord, thats a lot of beautiful women.

I'm not saying Ike IS gay... I'm saying he could be.
I wasn't saying Ike was gay or not. (although he truly isn't :p)

I was just having fun trying to defend by boi Ike. :p (that and i truly don't believe Roy is more awesome than Ike)

Edit: Lethe?!?!? Beautiful?!? Lulz.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I wasn't saying Ike was gay or not. (although he truly isn't :p)

I was just having fun trying to defend by boi Ike. :p (that and i truly don't believe Roy is more awesome than Ike)

Edit: Lethe?!?!? Beautiful?!? Lulz.
Do you even have eyes?

Yes, Lethe is hot (or atleast worth going "furry" for.)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Do you even have eyes?

Yes, Lethe is hot (or atleast worth going "furry" for.)
What do you mean i don't have eyes? I wasn't trying to offend you. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was joking when i said Lethe wasn't "beautiful." She is somewhat attractive (can't believe i said that :/), shes just not my type. Cmon, i was just joking. Friends? :p

*gives out hand to shake*

I Love This Thread
Word.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
What do you mean i don't have eyes? I wasn't trying to offend you. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was joking when i said Lethe wasn't "beautiful." She is somewhat attractive (can't believe i said that :/), shes just not my type. Cmon, i was just joking. Friends? :p

*gives out hand to shake*

Word.
Lol sorry... couldn't tell it was a joke. And I wasn't offended. Is my name Lethe?

And no **** she's not your type. She's got a tail! (But she's still kinda hot.)

And ofc we're friends. :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
I second this.
I third this.

This inspires me to send complaint emails to Nintendo for the next five-eight years until the next Smash game comes out and Mewtwo has been confirmed as a playable character! :chuckle:

...But really, if Nintendo could hear people complain about how horrible Mewtwo worked in Melee... who's to say they won't hear us complain about how Mewtwo was cut from Brawl?

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
I get Mewtwo, because he was cool, even if he sucked in Melee.
But Roy? I liked Roy, with his sword of fire and death, and the giant expletive explosion B move, but really. They gave him an awesome replacement. Ike is even more fun for me. If you want to play as Roy so badly, go play Melee.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So.

I was playing some Melee doubles friendly, and I picked Roy. And I did pretty good.

Then I picked Falcon the next game and randomly pressed B to do a falcon punch while jumping. I killed a guy for his last stock. I sticked to Falcon. Roy just doesn't have anything sexy.

SUCK IT, FANGIRLS.

Top Bottom