• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I mean, seriously. Very few people cared about them before Brawl was released. But once they were confirmed to not be in the game, people became butthurt about for them.

Almost no one like Roy: Fire Emblem fans, Smash Players, tier worshippers, even Sakurai himself. Not only that, people WANTED him not to be Brawl.

For Mewtwo, it's worse. He was rarely played at all. And of course, the tier worshippers didn't like him.

So yeah, I would like to know why people cried about them not being in when the odds are, they were the same people who didn't even played as them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
People didn't even think Mewtwo wouldn't be in Brawl.
Thats why their pissed now.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I think because mewtwo was such an awesome character, but sucked.

There were a lot of people that liked the dude but didn't play him for his position on the tier list.

People wanted to seem him redeemed, but ended up not being able to because he was taken out of brawl.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Marth fans too intimidated by Marth's manliness shyed away and picked Roy as an alternative.

Seriously, people played Roy. While Marth was better, Roy was still favored by many.

Mewtwo sucking in Melee should not merit it not being in Brawl. Kirby was one of the worst in Melee. What they did to Kirby in Brawl (making him whupass) they could have done to Mewtwo. Mewtwo filled a niché for Brawl (the Pokémon antagonist). No one saw Mewtwo being dropped. Even with Lucario's inclusion, no one though Mewtwo would get booted.

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
For me, I used to do 2 vs. 2 battles all the time with my friends. We would usually choose clone characters. My friend was Marth and I was usually Roy, and I grew an adaption to him. Though, I'm happy with Ike in Brawl.

As for Mewtwo, it was the first time you could control a legendary Pokemon, and even though many consider Mewtwo not to be very cool, he just had that awesomenss about him and getting to use him was great. It was fun to play around and teleport all over the place

So ya, I expected that Roy was going to be gone, but seeing Mewtwo leave was a major surprise to me, taking out a character with a unique moveset and a popular one too.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I care about Mewtwo only. Roy can stay dead, have his fire emblem game destroyed, burn in hell, have his butt kicked by marth, destroyed by the Fe character espicially Ike, fail so hard, and NEVER come back again for all i care.

Ike>Roy

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Because a large amount of players for some reason want mewtwo to f**k them in the a*s.

Really, I'm starting to think you people want to have sex with him!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Roy > Ike.
Mewtwo > Lucario.

I mained Roy in melee along with Falcon. Though he was a bad character if he had been in Brawl and Sonic not I would have mained him definately.
;_;

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Because in the good old days back in 2nd grade, having a Mewtwo in your team meant that you were the god of your class. I remember beating everyone in my class with a team of Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Snorlax, and Charizard. Back in the day, Mewtwo was undoubtedly the strongest Pokemon, and his popularity was met with the first Pokemon Movie too. I still have my Pikachu card that has the Pokemon the Movie seal on it.

Mewtwo was an amazing character choice to represent Pokemon, but Sakurai made him SUCK in Melee. We'd rather have a crappy Mewtwo character in Brawl than not have him at all.

Really... Sakurai gave the god incarnate of Psychic pokemon the psychic equivalent of Ember; Confusion. And then there's Disable...? What the hell! Mewtwo was a LEGENDARY Pokemon, and even after 400+ additions to the Pokemon series, Mewtwo continues to be one of the greatest Legendaries in the series.

There's little excuse as to why Mewtwo didn't receive Psychic (Psychic Pokemon's equivalent of a Fire Pokemon's Flamethrower), Swift, Barrier, or the following attack that Mewtwo used against Mew in Pokemon the Movie.

Besides, according to the Pokedex, Mewtwo weighs 269 lbs, making him a heavy weight. And then Mewtwo was inaccurately portrayed to be slow, which he was absolutely not. Mewtwo's base speed in Pokemon was 130, making him the 8th fastest Pokemon in the whole universe, according to this list: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/speed.shtml

People didn't play Mewtwo because Sakurai both portrayed him inaccurately and made him completely blow. If Mewtwo was actually portrayed accurately and was actually a worthwhile character, then many players would play as him.

It's incredibly stupid of Sakurai to make Mewtwo suck, then remove him when people dislike playing as Mewtwo. Well of course, people didn't like playing as Mewtwo because Sakurai made him suck!

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
1. Maybe because people are naturally complainers and if they were in in, people would complain that there wereother more deserving characters to be put in instead.

2. People wanted all the popular characters from Melee to be put in. Roy and Mewtwo weren't popular fighters, they were popular CHARACTERS, there's a difference.

3. To look cool by speaking out against "the man" (Sakurai) XD

4. People thought Sakurai would have mercy on the poor, loveable fighters known as Mewtwo and Roy.

I personally like Roy waaaay better than Marth. His sword spawned fire...FIRE. His gold and green costumes were both an epic win.

Mewtwo I knew probably wasn't going to make it in because he was a Pokemon flavor of the month. He was popular at that time and, probably to sell more copies, was put in just for that. Lucario is now the flavor of the month and probably won't make it into the next game (if there is one) and will be replaced by another popular pokemon.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I agree. Mewtwo was my secondary in melee (just because he was awesome) and when the official list was announced, I was :mad:. So what if he sucked? I had a lot of hope for him to turn good....
Me too man, Mewtwo was one of my secondarys as well and would have liked him to get better.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
People would rather lose to Mewtwo, who deserved to be in the game, rather than lose to the characters that knock them out in tournament now.

Wolf, a third clone
ROB, there's not even a two sentence tale about him
Zero Suit Samus, it doesn't make sense for a character to fight in two forms with two movesets, when the powersuit would obviously be better, unless of course we want to nerf the powersuit and make Zamus a sex symbol
Pokemon trainer (many people would rather have Mewtwo than PT, even though i do like PT. But PT took the work of three chars, for an already overrepped group)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Personally, I always like Mewtwo, but his moveset was bad. I don't understand why anyone would prefer Mewtwo over Lucario, though. Lucario is cooler, and not quite as "out of place" - as in, Mewtwo v. Pikachu should never be a close match in ANY fighter.

I do not know what the big deal with Roy is, though.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon trainer (many people would rather have Mewtwo than PT, even though i do like PT. But PT took the work of three chars, for an already overrepped group)
It's too bad that removing PT is now akin to removing Mewtwo (He sucks, but he's awesome.).

As for overrepping Pokemon in Melee.... What are you smoking? There were five Zelda characters, for God's sake. Five for Zelda, four for Pokemon. Go and check the amount of Pokemon games that were sold and compare that to the amount of Zelda games that were sold, and tell me that Pokemon was overrepped in Melee.

Pokemon might be overrepped now, but it's not always been that way.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Because in the good old days back in 2nd grade, having a Mewtwo in your team meant that you were the god of your class. I remember beating everyone in my class with a team of Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Snorlax, and Charizard. Back in the day, Mewtwo was undoubtedly the strongest Pokemon, and his popularity was met with the first Pokemon Movie too. I still have my Pikachu card that has the Pokemon the Movie seal on it.

Mewtwo was an amazing character choice to represent Pokemon, but Sakurai made him SUCK in Melee. We'd rather have a crappy Mewtwo character in Brawl than not have him at all.

Really... Sakurai gave the god incarnate of Psychic pokemon the psychic equivalent of Ember; Confusion. And then there's Disable...? What the hell! Mewtwo was a LEGENDARY Pokemon, and even after 400+ additions to the Pokemon series, Mewtwo continues to be one of the greatest Legendaries in the series.

There's little excuse as to why Mewtwo didn't receive Psychic (Psychic Pokemon's equivalent of a Fire Pokemon's Flamethrower), Swift, Barrier, or the following attack that Mewtwo used against Mew in Pokemon the Movie.

Besides, according to the Pokedex, Mewtwo weighs 269 lbs, making him a heavy weight. And then Mewtwo was inaccurately portrayed to be slow, which he was absolutely not. Mewtwo's base speed in Pokemon was 130, making him the 8th fastest Pokemon in the whole universe, according to this list: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/speed.shtml

People didn't play Mewtwo because Sakurai both portrayed him inaccurately and made him completely blow. If Mewtwo was actually portrayed accurately and was actually a worthwhile character, then many players would play as him.

It's incredibly stupid of Sakurai to make Mewtwo suck, then remove him when people dislike playing as Mewtwo. Well of course, people didn't like playing as Mewtwo because Sakurai made him suck!
That's exactly why people don't want Pichu back n.
Because Sakurai made him kill himself.....volt after volt....
And soon enough he was too wore out to be in Brawl.

And for some reason people hate him, and that could be it.
You don't have to use him, heck, put him in training mode as a punching bag for all I care, just put him back in.
He was the most awesome (besides Mewtwo) inclusion to Smash.
Why take the cute ball of fur out?

I KNOW!
WOLF REPLACED PICHU!
Pichu= fur
Wolf=fur
So, by all furry logic, Wolf+ fur + claws - (Pichu + fur) = Wolf.

Kidding.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
That's exactly why people don't want Pichu back n.
Because Sakurai made him kill himself.....volt after volt....
And soon enough he was too wore out to be in Brawl.

And for some reason people hate him, and that could be it.
You don't have to use him, heck, put him in training mode as a punching bag for all I care, just put him back in.
He was the most awesome (besides Mewtwo) inclusion to Smash.
Why take the cute ball of fur out?

I KNOW!
WOLF REPLACED PICHU!
Pichu= fur
Wolf=fur
So, by all furry logic, Wolf+ fur + claws - (Pichu + fur) = Wolf.

Kidding.
PICHU EVOLVED AND IS IN BRAWL!!

lol....j/k

Yaoi_Marth

Smash Rookie
Because, Marth always looked so good standing next to Roy. His red hair contrasted Marth's blue hair. They were such a cute couple! Now it's like...Ike and Marth...blue and blue...they don't stand out so well as the Smash Brother's "alternative" couple.​

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
Well... I like Roy because of Fire Emblem 6, that was the 1st fire emblem game i played ever and it was loads of fun... I was hoping for Roy to be in Brawl, and maybe to be a little better that in Melee, but he wasn't even in... Oh well, Ike and Marth are Ok, just wish for Roy in to be in a future Smash game =]

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Roy...well I pretty much knew he was gonna be replaced by Ike. Roys cool and all but I didnt care.

I neevr thoguh Mewtwo was gonna get kicked out...and whos to say he wouldnt change/get better if he was in Brawl? Besides, hes wayyyy cooler than Lucario...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I agree. Mewtwo was my secondary in melee (just because he was awesome) and when the official list was announced, I was :mad:. So what if he sucked? I had a lot of hope for him to turn good....
Everything you just said basically quoted what I was about to say. Except I was 10x more :mad: !

Skler

Smash Master
Roy was wicked ****ing cool. Almost every noob on the block loved Roy and thought he was better than Marth, whereas everyone knew M2 was terrible. I play Roy for fun because he's always been one of my favorite characters to play as, and Ike is one boring character to be (although I guess you can blame that on Brawl itself).

As far as M2 goes Lucario is a tool compared to him. He's the stereotypical emo pokemon that nobody likes while M2 was a badass who basically tried to destroy the world because it wasn't working out the way he wanted it to. Case and point: M2 and Roy are way cooler than Lucario and Ike, I don't care how famous they are, just how awesome they are.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Stats are not a valid argument... Besides, it's not like R.O.B. did anything significantly greater than Roy, but he's in.
R.O.B. helped the video game industry make a comeback. Roy never did anything significantly great. He was a lord (and a bad one at that) in a game that was a huge step down from the previous games in the series.

Top Bottom