• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Steelia

Smash Champion
*points toward the Pokemon.com mailbag*

That's probably a bad example though. You need to send stuff to the right people, and even then, there's no guarantee that anything will happen in the future. The most you might get is just a response. On some other Pokemon forum, a Nintendo representative replied to several inquiries about Gold and Silver remakes...with a "there are none planned at the moment". :/
lol
With the Gold and Silver remakes... I hate to say it myself, given I absolutely LOVE the 2nd Gen games... but there's really no point in making them. All 400+ Pokemon are available some way (whether Events or otherwise... Jirachi was given as a pre-order bonus for Colosseum in America, whereas Celebi was given in Japan for pre-order Colosseum).
The Lugia, Ho-oh, the Legendary Beasts, even Mew now!
Sure, they could make them to rake in some more cash, but then what if there comes a time when they do need to make 'em?

I don't know. The longer we wait, the less likely we are to see GSC remakes. :(

Still... those are games. We're talking about Midna, a stand-alone character with a large fanbase. Characters tend to have large fanbases (some even more so than the games they originate)... so... in essence, this couldn't really be applied. I don't know. It's a long, lengthy debate. @_@

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
lol
With the Gold and Silver remakes... I hate to say it myself, given I absolutely LOVE the 2nd Gen games... but there's really no point in making them. All 400+ Pokemon are available some way (whether Events or otherwise... Jirachi was given as a pre-order bonus for Colosseum in America, whereas Celebi was given in Japan for pre-order Colosseum).
The Lugia, Ho-oh, the Legendary Beasts, even Mew now!
Sure, they could make them to rake in some more cash, but then what if there comes a time when they do need to make 'em?

I don't know. The longer we wait, the less likely we are to see GSC remakes. :(

Still... those are games. We're talking about Midna, a stand-alone character with a large fanbase. Characters tend to have large fanbases (some even more so than the games they originate)... so... in essence, this couldn't really be applied. I don't know. It's a long, lengthy debate. @_@
You just said they don't need to make them :urg: But what you say is true. The only things that GSC remakes would have that we don't already have access to now is the Johto region itself. Shame, cuz it's my favorite one. Still, I hope they're thinking of some way to let us go back to Johto, somehow.

Yeah...*shrug* Truthfully, I don't think Mewtwo's ever coming back to Smash. Not enough demand, and by the time the next Smash game rolls around, we might have 300 more Pokemon and Mewtwo would seem really outdated.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You just said they don't Yeah...*shrug* Truthfully, I don't think Mewtwo's ever coming back to Smash. Not enough demand, and by the time the next Smash game rolls around, we might have 300 more Pokemon and Mewtwo would seem really outdated.
Feh. I'm not worried. As long as the fanbase keeps this up, all I have to do is try not to go insane in the next APPROXIMATE SEVEN YEARS.

Even if the outcry dies down, it will immediately spike back up when the next Smash is announced...someday...

...This is gonna be a loooong campaign...*sigh* and it's over a Pokemon...

Well, that's fanboyism for ya :D

Besides, Lucario's probably not leaving, and they could market Mewtwo as "The first playable-character comeback in the series!"

aeghrur

Smash Champion
You just said they don't need to make them :urg: But what you say is true. The only things that GSC remakes would have that we don't already have access to now is the Johto region itself. Shame, cuz it's my favorite one. Still, I hope they're thinking of some way to let us go back to Johto, somehow.

Yeah...*shrug* Truthfully, I don't think Mewtwo's ever coming back to Smash. Not enough demand, and by the time the next Smash game rolls around, we might have 300 more Pokemon and Mewtwo would seem really outdated.
Ugh, another 300 pokemon?
I think I can predict how they'll come by.
150 will be evolutions/pre-evolutions of current pokemon.
100 will be real life animals... with a tiny name change... and watch one of them be like, based off shrimp. >_>
50 will be legendary that're almost as broken as metaknight.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, another 300 pokemon?
I think I can predict how they'll come by.
150 will be evolutions/pre-evolutions of current pokemon.
100 will be real life animals... with a tiny name change... and watch one of them be like, based off shrimp. >_>
50 will be legendary that're almost as broken as metaknight.
And they'll mess up and make 5 of them evolve by a method that was possible to perform in a previous generation (Piloswine leveling up knowing Ancient Power).
Shrib lol
Arceus is more broken than Meta-knight. I'm kind of hoping that they never revile that epic fail of a Pokemon.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I honestly doubt we'll have 300 more Pokemon... but, one never knows. @_@

Still... I'm a personal believer that if that "WII HD" rumor holds some truth, then we'll more than likely see a Smash Bros. sequel on that console. As it was said, "the developers... can't wait to cook up another Smash Bros. game".
Wii HD was slated to be released in... what, three-four years? Nowhere near as long as the wait from Melee to Brawl... but given Brawl's already killed my interest in it already, I know I'm already going to go crazy. Melee held me off for 7 years, whereas Brawl hardly held me off 7 months.

Feh. I'm not worried. As long as the fanbase keeps this up, all I have to do is try not to go insane in the next APPROXIMATE SEVEN YEARS.

Even if the outcry dies down, it will immediately spike back up when the next Smash is announced...someday...

...This is gonna be a loooong campaign...*sigh* and it's over a Pokemon...

Well, that's fanboyism for ya :D

Besides, Lucario's probably not leaving, and they could market Mewtwo as "The first playable-character comeback in the series!"
Yesh. Fanboyism for the win.
If Geno, a seemingly long-forgotten character, could crawl right out of the woodwork and become one of the most requested characters for Brawl... I'm sure the Mewtwo fanboys/fangirls in every person will work their way up as well.
And having Mewtwo be the FIRST character to be cut AND brought back to the Smash series would definitely raise him on the epicness scale. :chuckle:

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
The reason is:

The more the marrier!

and, maybe some ppl thought that they could make them better in this game, oh and Mewtwo wouldl rock due the Brawl's physichs!

And maybe there aws fans of them?

lol at least they hate them, no1 even mentions poor Pichu!

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
The reason is:

The more the marrier!

and, maybe some ppl thought that they could make them better in this game, oh and Mewtwo wouldl rock due the Brawl's physichs!

And maybe there aws fans of them?

lol at least they hate them, no1 even mentions poor Pichu!
Pichu is a clone unless he had charm or something but raichu is where its at! more weight, less recovery, more running speed(espesh since he has bigger feet XD) and range, but bigger and easier to hit. and imagine the moves! iron tail/slam for the win! (like DK's head butt only not using his head and it also attacks from the back but only buries at the front)
Also thunder punch F-tilt
Also the Knock off (lol disable items)
Also a chargeable version of thunder jolt (thunder wave small stun -> thunder shock > thunder bolt) which are projectiles, the highest is most powerful and most ranged.

final smash? SUPER discharge (lol hurts everyone in the area multiple hits up to 50% but ignores team battle rules of no friendly fire)

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
And they'll mess up and make 5 of them evolve by a method that was possible to perform in a previous generation (Piloswine leveling up knowing Ancient Power).
Shrib lol
Arceus is more broken than Meta-knight. I'm kind of hoping that they never revile that epic fail of a Pokemon.
darkrai is more overpowerd than arceus cough dark woid

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
Pichu is a clone unless he had charm or something but raichu is where its at! more weight, less recovery, more running speed(espesh since he has bigger feet XD) and range, but bigger and easier to hit. and imagine the moves! iron tail/slam for the win! (like DK's head butt only not using his head and it also attacks from the back but only buries at the front)
Also thunder punch F-tilt
Also the Knock off (lol disable items)
Also a chargeable version of thunder jolt (thunder wave small stun -> thunder shock > thunder bolt) which are projectiles, the highest is most powerful and most ranged.

final smash? SUPER discharge (lol hurts everyone in the area multiple hits up to 50% but ignores team battle rules of no friendly fire)
wait, Roy is a fkin clone 2 and no1 seems 2 bother that!

And Lucario is pretty much clone of Mewtwo!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
wait, Roy is a fkin clone 2 and no1 seems 2 bother that!

And Lucario is pretty much clone of Mewtwo!
Lucario and Mewtwo share the same fsmash and neutral B. Does that mean that any character who shares two moves is a clone? K.

Zelda is a clone of Peach.
Jigglypuff is a clone of Kirby.
Meta Knight is a clone of Kirby.
Dedede is a clone of Kirby.
Wario is a clone of Mario.
Wolf is a clone of Fox.
Luigi is a clone of Mario.
Mewtwo is a clone of Samus.
Lucas is a clone of Ness.
Ike is a clone of Marth.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lucario and Mewtwo share the same fsmash and neutral B. Does that mean that any character who shares two moves is a clone? K.

Wolf is a clone of Fox.
Ike is a clone of Marth.
And Toon Link is a clone of Link!
And Falco a clone of Fox!
And Wario a clone of Mr. Game & Watch! (Similar frame-by-frame styles.)
And King Dedede is a clone of Olimar! (You know, tossing Pikmin/Waddle Dees/Doos/Gordo...)

...Failure logic is failure.

I could care less if a character is a clone, so long as it means more playable characters. Granted, some are rather pointless fillers... but hey, if it means an optional character to play (a la Doctor Mario versus Mario), I'm all for it.

...Which reminds me, Mewtwo was the only non-clone character to be cut from the Smash series... :mad:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Wolf is a clone of Fox.
Ike is a clone of Marth.
Samus is a clone of Link:

B: Chargeable projectile
>B: Non-chargeable projectile
^B: Spinning recovery attack
VB: Bombs

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
And Toon Link is a clone of Link!
And Falco a clone of Fox!
And Wario a clone of Mr. Game & Watch! (Similar frame-by-frame styles.)
And King Dedede is a clone of Olimar! (You know, tossing Pikmin/Waddle Dees/Doos/Gordo...)

...Failure logic is failure.

I could care less if a character is a clone, so long as it means more playable characters. Granted, some are rather pointless fillers... but hey, if it means an optional character to play (a la Doctor Mario versus Mario), I'm all for it.

...Which reminds me, Mewtwo was the only non-clone character to be cut from the Smash series... :mad:

...And that is the excact logic you Mewtwo lovers use so you can go "BAAWWWWWWWWW" at his cut-out;he and Lucario share two moves, so you use that as an excuse to say Lucario was intended replaced Mewtwo(which he never was); but when someone else uses it, you call it "Failure logic", despite the fact THAT IT'S THE EXCACT SAME LOGIC YOU USED!!

....F**king hypocrite....

Steelia

Smash Champion
...And that is the excact logic you Mewtwo lovers use so you can go "BAAWWWWWWWWW" at his cut-out;he and Lucario share two moves, so you use that as an excuse to say Lucario was intended replaced Mewtwo(which he never was); but when someone else uses it, you call it "Failure logic", despite the fact THAT IT'S THE EXCACT SAME LOGIC YOU USED!!

Personally, I've never said that Mewtwo and Lucario were "clones" by the mere fact they share similar B-moves. Is it pretty obvious that they share similar styles? Yes, of course. But does that mean Lucario and Mewtwo are clones of another? No.
I believe that Lucario did NOT replace Mewtwo... Rather, it was one of the "last second" characters that did (look up the Sonic-Wolf debate; it's somewhere on the internet). And even if Lucario DID replace Mewtwo, it was Game Freak's decision for it and Mewtwo supporters (like myself) should rather be bashing on Game Freak for that awful decision rather than directing all our false hatred on the supported Lucario. Even I supported him to be in Brawl, way before the idea of Mewtwo being cut was around.

...And for the record, if you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic about all those "He's a clone of He!" points, don't feel bad. My internet sarcasm isn't the best. Keep your pants on.

Many people say that he was a self sacrfice mess. ;p
An unfortunate truth on Pichu's behalf. Made to be nothing more than a "joke character", which I find a very disrespectful title to those who actually support him.
But. What can you do about it.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I've never said that Mewtwo and Lucario were "clones" by the mere fact they share similar B-moves. Is it pretty obvious that they share similar styles? Yes, of course. But does that mean Lucario and Mewtwo are clones of another? No.
I believe that Lucario did NOT replace Mewtwo... Rather, it was one of the "last second" characters that did (look up the Sonic-Wolf debate; it's somewhere on the internet). And even if Lucario DID replace Mewtwo, it was Game Freak's decision for it and Mewtwo supporters (like myself) should rather be bashing on Game Freak for that awful decision rather than directing all our false hatred on the supported Lucario. Even I supported him to be in Brawl, way before the idea of Mewtwo being cut was around.

...And for the record, if you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic about all those "He's a clone of He!" points, don't feel bad. My internet sarcasm isn't the best. Keep your pants on.

Well, most Mewtwo supporters use that excuse, that they're clones of each other. And, Data pertaining to Mewtwo was found in the game, so Lucario wasn't intended to replace him.

I really think mewtwo, along with roy and Dr.Mario (why does everyone ignore the docta'?) were cut out beacause people were getting sick of the delays , and Sakurai had to cut them out so he could get the game out in time. In reality, we should be mad at ourselves for being so impatient; like some famous guy in the game industry(I dont remember his name),"A delayed game is delayed for a little while, but a bad game is bad forever."

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

No. nonononono.

Lucario is NOT a clone of Mewtwo, indeed. Maybe they have slightly similar play-styles, but Lucario is not really a clone.

But does he stand as Mewtwo's replacement? Yes.

It's the same scenario as Toon Link and Young Link. They are actually very different moves-wise, but it's obvious Toon Link was the replacement.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
No. nonononono.

Lucario is NOT a clone of Mewtwo, indeed. Maybe they have slightly similar play-styles, but Lucario is not really a clone.

But does he stand as Mewtwo's replacement? Yes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2296785847_e353851f1a.jpg?v=0

Lucario is not a replacement for Mewtwo.

He never was.

Mewtwo was intended to be in brawl, but my belief is that you guys got all pissy with the delays, so they cut him out to save time.

If Lucario was truly intended to be a replacement, Mewtwo's data would existed in brawl.

Good day,sir

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Snake is a clone of Big Boss. He needs to be cut due to having so many unoriginal moves.

Lucario in reality is a clone of Lucas and Mario.

Lucas + Mario = Lucario.

Then again, if that's true, why don't we have Wolf Link?
I lol'd hard. One of the funniest things video game related I've ever read.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I really think mewtwo, along with roy and Dr.Mario (why does everyone ignore the docta'?) were cut out beacause people were getting sick of the delays , and Sakurai had to cut them out so he could get the game out in time. In reality, we should be mad at ourselves for being so impatient; like some famous guy in the game industry(I dont remember his name),"A delayed game is delayed for a little while, but a bad game is bad forever."
I certainly haven't forgotten the Doc; he was my main in Melee. :p
Indeed... I'll admit, I am guilty of being impatient of the delays of Brawl, but did I ever, ever complain about it? No... As you mention at the end (that's Miyamoto's quote, if my sources remain correct), "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." Truer words have never been said.

Whenever SSB4 is made (because we all know a sequel is inevitable), I shall hold silent. And those who DARE try to say "They're too slow hurry up and release the game already!" shall have to face our wrath! I WILL not tolerate another Brawl by losing characters for the sake of pleasing complaining fanboys/fangirls. I WILL not. I have learned from my mistakes here.

He never was.

Mewtwo was intended to be in brawl, but my belief is that you guys got all pissy with the delays, so they cut him out to save time.

If Lucario was truly intended to be a replacement, Mewtwo's data would existed in brawl.

Good day,sir
I think he meant... Lucario, in essence, is supposed to be Mewtwo's replacement (successor), NOT the replacer of Mewtwo. (Wonder if that made sense. :psycho: )
Also, of course, see above; second paragraph.

I lol'd hard. One of the funniest things video game related I've ever read.
Seconded. XD

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Back in the early Dojo days, someone in the Funny Brawl Pics thread used a Dojo screenshot of Lucas and Mario fighting and squished it together to "confirm" Lucario. Is that where you got the joke from, Warlord? I haven't heard the Wolf Link thing before though. :p

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

He never was.

Good day,sir
Read my post CLOSER.

It says he STANDS AS Mewtwo's replacement. Lucario was probably never meant to be Mewtwo's replacement, but now, that's who he effectively is. It's not official, but rather, speculation.

It's kind of hard to explain.

Say a company is making a chocolate, but then decides to start a new marketing campaign with the old chocolate and a new one. Later, they decide to stop selling the old chocolate right before the new campaign. The new chocolate was never planned to be a replacement, but that's what it effectively stands as now.

Yes, I just compared Pokemon in Smash Bros. to Chocolate Marketing.

Maybe I should've used Roy and Ike as an example instead of the Links.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Meh, Mewtwo was my 2nd main after Fox in Melee...

I was kinda disappointed. But I've got new characters to mess around with now anyway, which makes it not as bad.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Ah. Back, finally...

Here's an interesting hypothetical question: On the off chance that Mewtwo got into SSB4 but Lucario was cut and there was no DLC, would you start petitioning/complaining/rallying/whatnot to get Lucario back into the game?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ah. Back, finally...

Here's an interesting hypothetical question: On the off chance that Mewtwo got into SSB4 but Lucario was cut and there was no DLC, would you start petitioning/complaining/rallying/whatnot to get Lucario back into the game?
I would. Lucario is pretty awesome.... xD

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ah. Back, finally...

Maybe. JUST maybe. He's kind of grown on me in Brawl. He's a very unique character (I love the You-Hit-Me,-I'll-Get-Stronger! ability)... but it really depends.

Heh heh... My Mewtwo fanboy side screams to me, "HA! Show sympathy for that mutt? I'd say rub it into the pathetic faces of those Lucario furry-***gots! Let them moan and complain, while the Mewtwo supporters rejoice at my triumphant return. Never again shall they doubt my power, to so much as DARE compare me to some lower-class non-Legendary freak like Lucario."
...And, at the same time, my pro-Lucario side speaks, "He IS a cool character; heck, even you supported him before his introduction into Brawl was made known."

Slap the faces of the Lucario fanboys as they continue to do it to us Mewtwo fans, or support him?

Here's a prime example I JUST ran into the other day, a little conversation that I saw. You'll see why I'm so... perplexed on the subject.

Mewtwo person (MP): [Mewtwo popping Lucario's head off with psychic powers?] best pokemon scene ever.

Lucario person (LP): If it were the other way around, it would be.

MP: nope. i like it this way :)

LP: Well it must have happened the other way around. Look who's in Brawl and who isn't.

MP: lucarios in brawl because of marketing, the same reason most of the characters are in brawl. that and its a nintendo franchise

LP: mewtwo was in Melee because of marketing then.

MP: well least he was'nt in there to appease the furrys.

LP: Who ever said Lucario was?
At least Lucario is actually a good character, unlike mewtwo. Hell, Fox's d*** was higher on the tier list than mewtwo.

MP: ok, who's talkin bout ***** here dude...says alotta creepy things bout you i dont even wanna think about, and further more. this joke has gotten old. and till you get some **** art of your own you cant judge anyone elses. conversation has ended.
There's a whole lot more where that came from... It's pretty dispicable. HEY, LUCARIO SUPPORTERS! HERE'S A NICE REP FOR YOU ALL! ISN'T IT NO WONDER WHY MEWTWO FANS AND LUCARIO FANS ARE ALWAYS THROWING FISTS AT ONE ANOTHER?
Aye.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
The fact is it doesn't really matter how or why Lucario got in and Mewtwo didn't. Lucario's in, Mewtwo isn't, how much more can you discuss it?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ah. Back, finally...

Are you really asking that?

No, why would someone complain?

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking its not just because people mained them, but maybe because people wonder what they would've been like in brawl because the different gameplay. Kinda like wondering what Could have been.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The fact is it doesn't really matter how or why Lucario got in and Mewtwo didn't. Lucario's in, Mewtwo isn't, how much more can you discuss it?
About...

*checks number of pages*

59 pages, it seems. :p

Seriously, give people something to rant about that really pisses them off... they'll just keep going and going. Take for example the presidential elections; some people are STILL ranting that Al Gore should have been president. >_>

Probably not the best example... but it was the closest one I could come up with.

In this case, however, what a lot of people wanted was both Lucario AND Mewtwo... just like how I wanted Marth AND Roy, Mario AND Dr. Mario (though Doc was not a surprise, nor was Roy, so much as Mewtwo in terms of being cut).

I think the reason we keep complaining is due to the small fact that the Wii cannot support downloadable content (in its present state). As such, we people who used Mewtwo, Doc, Roy, Young Link, Pichu know we'll never get to see these characters again due to that minor exclusion of said downloadable content. And what better topic to speak what's on our minds?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Look: YOU may not like Lucario, but: THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU!

For the love of god, you go around preaching your beliefs like you're Jesus or something...
Can't a guy answer a hypothetical question? Jeez.

From the beginning, everyone knew characters were going to be cut. As Ike would say, you should've prepared yourselves!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Can't a guy answer a hypothetical question? Jeez.

From the beginning, everyone knew characters were going to be cut. As Ike would say, you should've prepared yourselves!
I prepared myself for all characters... BUT Mewtwo. I'm dead serious. He was the ONLY character out of all I unprepped myself for. I... really don't know why I did that. Sure, the idea of him being cut came to mind once or twice. I think I was just trying to keep myself in a state of denial. "Nawww, they would never cut the great epicness of Mewtwo just because he sucked in Melee! They'd give him a good comeback in Brawl! Yeah, that's it. He's coming back. No doubt. No doubts."

;_;

Top Bottom