• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

cjrocker

Smash Ace
So this food service company didn't ask anyone related to the Pokemon franchise to have usage of the characters? Wouldn't that be illegal to do that?
In any case, SOMEONE of higher Pokemon-related authority had to have something to do with this... Maybe not Game Freak (I figured them, but I forgot about-), perhaps the Pokemon Company... I don't know.
And since when have things like this not been for promotion?

"Hey, can I use your Pokeymans for this food thing?"
"Sure! {Is secretly promoting the Pokemon franchise to boost back the popularity of it.}"

Really, what company doesn't do that, from Sony and Microsoft to Nintendo and SEGA? Who wouldn't want to promote via this method? If it gets their series more recognized... Heck, I know if I were in their shoes I'd love to be apart of it.

That's just my two cents on it, anyway.
Mewtwo was featured in a modern {subliminal} activity-related promotion; I was trying to defend him from those who continue to think he's not a popular/recognizable Pokemon anymore in terms with the actual Pokemon Company. That was all I was getting at.
I see. I was jumping the gun on this whole idea anyway.

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
I used to main Mewtwo in melee and actually got extremely good with him. I good give most people a good run for their money with Mewtwo. I don't see why the couldn't have just made him faster and given him a better moveset. Plus chucking a random shadow ball into a mix of people always got good results. :p

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
I mean, seriously. Very few people cared about them before Brawl was released. But once they were confirmed to not be in the game, people became butthurt about for them.

Almost no one like Roy: Fire Emblem fans, Smash Players, tier worshippers, even Sakurai himself. Not only that, people WANTED him not to be Brawl.

For Mewtwo, it's worse. He was rarely played at all. And of course, the tier worshippers didn't like him.

So yeah, I would like to know why people cried about them not being in when the odds are, they were the same people who didn't even played as them.
it doesnt matter. both suck anyway

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Roy was my secondary in Melee.......believe me when I say I wasn't alone when I sorely missed him when Brawl came out.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario was Mario in a docters suit.... not very creative if you asked me. =/

And Pichu was basicly a joke chracter, suppose to be the weakest and the most hardest to fight with. Most fighting games that has joke chracters only in one game.

Pichu wasn't a joke character, he was dead serious. Really though, I hate Roy, he was a mega clone of Marth. Had little to no differences.

Pichu was somewhat different at least, his quick attack didn't do damage, among other things.

I can understand Mewtwo being back though, he isn't a clone of ANYBODY and deserves to be in the game more than anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't forget Doctor Mario or Pichu. I use them as mains, although Pichu is hard to use, and you fear for your life when you are fighting a main like bowser. haha

Serph

Smash Journeyman
So many people have asked this question since the lineup was leaked, and honestly, it really is a stupid one. Nobody played as Mewtwo because he was a bad fighter, but that doesn't mean people didn't wish he was more usable. When it was revealed that he'd been axed people were disappointed that they'd never get the chance to see what he was really capable of. Just look at how much some of the Melee characters have improved for Brawl. Had Mewtwo reappeared as a stronger fighter I'm willing to bet he'd have been one of the most popular choices.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So many people have asked this question since the lineup was leaked, and honestly, it really is a stupid one. Nobody played as Mewtwo because he was a bad fighter, but that doesn't mean people didn't wish he was more usable. When it was revealed that he'd been axed people were disappointed that they'd never get the chance to see what he was really capable of. Just look at how much some of the Melee characters have improved for Brawl. Had Mewtwo reappeared as a stronger fighter I'm willing to bet he'd have been one of the most popular choices.
I agree. I mean, look at Game&Watch, he jumped all the way from bottom tier in Melee to top tier in Brawl.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I didn't forget him, if that helps. He was my main man in Melee. I just rant more about Mewtwo because... well... he's a Legendary Pokemon/not a clone/may actually have a shot at returning to the series.
And villain rep. Don't forget villain rep.

it doesnt matter. both suck anyway

I can understand Mewtwo being back though, he isn't a clone of ANYBODY and deserves to be in the game more than anything.
Save for a Non-Playable character, But even then, Mewtwo's moveset is extremely different from Mew's "Droppaseedee" moveset.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Oh the irony... mewtwo was the only character in smash who was actually a clone on his own game, and he was the only no-clon character cutted out in brawl :/... and roy had the f1r3!!!... i used them both frequently because the fun was just too much... thanks to PT i really enjoy bralw, otherwise i would miss them a lot more

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ridley is awesome, you think he is just some random bird like creature, but no, he is very smart, and evil.

Phantom Zant

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo was very hard to control for me.
The way he jumped, walked, and ran was too awkard for me to use.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'd never hate Mewtwo. I don't hate Lucario either, but Mewtwo is just straight up better in all ways. Cats > Dogs. Rika says "meow!"

But I hate Roy and Ridley with all my heart.

Especially Ridley - the cancer that killed our hopes for Brawl. Or maybe that was Sakurai.

Nipaa~

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'd never hate Mewtwo. Not Lucario to an extent.

But I hate Roy and Ridley with all my heart.

Especially Ridley - the cancer that killed our hopes for Brawl. Or maybe that was Sakurai.
King K. Rool.

Ridley.

Mewtwo.

The three Villain reps that should've been playable in Brawl.

Oh yeah, and give Ganon his gaddammed sword, already.

(Ridley would need some major shrinking, though, just as Olimar needed to be made not-two-inches-tall)

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
@ topic title: a lot of the sucky characters have gotten better and it would have been nice to have a version that was more usable by more players i.e. Game&Watch and Pika
Too bad for Falcon though...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You know that theory about how Mewtwo would fair much better in the new physics? I think we may have proof of that...

Take Ness, for example: Don't you think his floatiness serves him much better and is not as awkward in Brawl? (Ness is still low-tier, though :(. Lucas beats him out on every aspect except KO power, throwing, and not being a wimp).

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Wait, am I like missing something here. Did Sakurai just confirm they were replaced by Ike/Lucario respectively?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know that theory about how Mewtwo would fair much better in the new physics? I think we may have proof of that...

Take Ness, for example: Don't you think his floatiness serves him much better and is not as awkward in Brawl? (Ness is still low-tier, though :(. Lucas beats him out on every aspect except KO power, throwing, and not being a wimp).
I don't know... I like Ness better in Melee, but I still play him in Brawl. Also, you can't double jump cancel his attacks. : <

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I mean, seriously. Very few people cared about them before Brawl was released. But once they were confirmed to not be in the game, people became butthurt about for them.

Almost no one like Roy: Fire Emblem fans, Smash Players, tier worshippers, even Sakurai himself. Not only that, people WANTED him not to be Brawl.

For Mewtwo, it's worse. He was rarely played at all. And of course, the tier worshippers didn't like him.

So yeah, I would like to know why people cried about them not being in when the odds are, they were the same people who didn't even played as them.
It is because people try to find anything to complain about Brawl. "Oh hey, Brawl isn't exactly like Melee! :mad: Let's find anything we can to make it seem like crap! :laugh:"

God I hate people sometimes >__>

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It is because people try to find anything to complain about Brawl. "Oh hey, Brawl isn't exactly like Melee! :mad: Let's find anything we can to make it seem like crap! :laugh:"

Of course, for people like me (people who Mewtwo back), people voicing their complaints against Brawl is A-OKAY.

Makes Sakurai think he did something wrong, so thus he'll hopefully go into a fret and fufill every fanboyish wish.

/pipedream

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Well I think the competitive players do have the right to be annoyed with Brawl, considering how unbalanced it is. Though I'm pretty sure that adding wavedashing won't magically solve it *glares at Melee2.0 hack* (and before someone yells at me, yes I know that there's other things changed as well)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well I think the competitive players do have the right to be annoyed with Brawl, considering how unbalanced it is. Though I'm pretty sure that adding wavedashing won't magically solve it *glares at Melee2.0 hack* (and before someone yells at me, yes I know that there's other things changed as well)
It's things like this, when pointed out, that REALLY get my hopes up for a new Smash Bros. director. Face it, Sakurai's slowly deteriorating the series.
Smash Bros. 64 was great fun.
Smash Bros. Melee took two more steps and made it even more chaotic.
Smash Bros. Brawl took one step forward, but two -- maybe even three -- steps back, thus making it frustrating and the most broken game of the three.

Sure, it was bound to happen; you can't expect a game with even more characters than its sequels to be the most balanced... but just look at the characters who ARE considered the most broken! I smell conspiracy. And bias. A lot of bias.

If there's one thing I don't blame Sakurai for, it's the cutting of the characters. That was solely the "fault" of: A) the parent companies owning said characters [Game Freak/Pokemon Company with Mewtwo, those b@st@rds], and B) the annoying, complaining, b~ing and moaning fanboys who just couldn't wait for Brawl to be released after sitting through two delays.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Sure, it was bound to happen; you can't expect a game with even more characters than its sequels to be the most balanced...
Actually I think Marvel vs Capcom 2 has more evenly matched top-tier characters than Brawl despite having nearly twice as many characters. So it IS possible to balance out a lot of characters, it's just that Brawl didn't even seem to have a good idea of balance in the first place. Seriously, King Dedede is heavy with a good recovery, is both fast and strong with ranged disjointed moves, has a good projectile, and a pseudo-infinite (chain grab). What exactly is keeping him in check?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked Roy, Mewtwo no....Pokemon in brawl is EPIC fail!
It makes more money than Fire Emblem ever will...How is it epic fail?

Have you even played Roy's game?

You're just bias, and your bias is wrong.

.Marik

is a social misfit
That right there, is a biased comment.

So you are saying Lucario is epic fail?

And also, don't generalize how they are in Brawl, just because of your opinion on the Pokemon series.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Be careful where you say that crap. This forum has an entire (thriving) section dedicated just to Pokemon.

Anyway, Here's another campaigning idea:

Post a poll question to Nintendo on the Everybody Votes Channel.

The Question: Do you want Mewtwo back in the Super Smash Bros. Series as a playable character?

Post Yes AND No as answers.

Why not Yes and Yes?

1. It will seem fan-bratty

2. Only someone who would vote "yes" would post that question, so it still shows that people are aware of his exclusion and are interested in seeing him return

3. Someone may go insane and actually put that poll up there.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Be careful where you say that crap. This forum has an entire (thriving) section dedicated just to Pokemon.

Anyway, Here's another campaigning idea:

Post a poll question to Nintendo on the Everybody Votes Channel.

The Question: Do you want Mewtwo back in the Super Smash Bros. Series as a playable character?

Post Yes AND No as answers.

Why not Yes and Yes?

1. It will seem fan-bratty

2. Only someone who would vote "yes" would post that question, so it still shows that people are aware of his exclusion and are interested in seeing him return

3. Someone may go insane and actually put that poll up there.

FJLADIDQJFEAFAFHOAFQOF

Best idea since submitting emails and pictures of a stand-alone Mewtwo snapshot to Nintendo EVER.
I'm trying that right
NAO.

Zephyr II

Smash Rookie
Me too man, Mewtwo was one of my secondarys as well and would have liked him to get better.
Me three! I loved playing as Mewtwo in Melee!:chuckle:

At first I didn't mind his replacement by lucario, but now I miss him :'(

I think folk are complaining now because we were all exited about trying out all these new characters we had never experienced, & now that we have, we realise 'hey, mabey they weren't all they were cracked up to be' (not saying that's true) & we just feel like a bit of oldschool Mewtwo & Roy.

I don't mind Roy's dissapearance, he was too similar to Marth, Mewtwo was unique:p

Top Bottom