• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So how many of you promise to stop posting forever if I show video proof of how Olimar can get DK off the ledge?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
seems like Rich Brown forgot he was playing Brawl rofl

still tho, that ruleset really was bullcrap :D

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Xyro is by far the worst TO we have. No ledge grab limit is the absolute worst thing you could do for a tournament. He only has it for his own personal gain so he can plank with samus, and he still didn't make it out anyways.

Because of this, Will was able to beat me with 185 ledge grabs, there was nothing I could do.

Get the lead you say? Well if that's the way smash has to be played, then I think we are all wasting our time.

Until Xyro changes his rule I encourage
EVERYONE to boycott all future Whobos/hobo
tournaments run by Xyro. This is
unacceptable.

So, how much was that plane ticket?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pick a viable character?!

That basically means to pick MK

****ing theory crafters not thinking anything through, there's a reason your placings suck
Why should we cater to characters who can't even handle even DK on the ledge? ROFL

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
doesnt matter if he was planked by a dorf, what matters is xyro allowed the rule. Ya'all trolls missin the point saying "u cant handle dk lolol" that's not the argument.

anyways how did sonic reps do?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Im so glad I live in europe LOL

3 minute matches on smashville all day !

seriously though, hope alex wont use the same rules at apex

RichBrown

Smash Master
There are a lot of characters that can't handle DKs planking

And are we really defending the notion of allowing 185 ledge grabs? Who wants to watch that ****? It's just killing the game. I don't understand how any of you are defending this.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master

And are we really defending the notion of allowing 185 ledge grabs? Who wants to watch that ****? It's just killing the game. I don't understand how any of you are defending this.
I have to agree with Rich here. Its a stupid rule and shouldn't be allowed. It doesn't make sense for there to be no LGL for everyone but MK, when some characters are able to safely plank(GnW, DK, ect.) Will even said on the livestream "I wanted to say I did this to show people how gay and stupid this rule is."

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Rich handled the situation like a little *****, Don't be rude to Will over Xyro's decision-making.

-Mad respect points for you.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Rich handled the situation like a little *****, Don't be rude to Will over Xyro's decision-making.

-Mad respect points for you.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Yeah, the **** you said on the livestream when Will and ADHD were playing was ****ed up. As dumb as the rule is you had no sportsmanship at all, and he was only following the rules.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You should teach us all how to deal with DK on the ledge o wise man.
Ike can harass DK with his long ranged attacks, or grab the ledge and aether DK for punishment. After 100% DK has very few ledge options because he loses his really useful <100% ledge attack. I'm pretty sure anyone who can secure the ledge can intercept DK when he tries to cancel his upB on stage.

I understand people not liking it and all, but I've yet to come across a legit reason other than people not liking it. If DK's planking truly shut so many characters down, why arbitrarily limit DK? It may help him vs DDD (or Olimar), who knows.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
There are a lot of characters that can't handle olimars camping
And are we really defending the notion of allowing olimar running away all game? Who wants to watch that ****? It's just killing the game. I don't understand how any of you are defending this.

fixed

you main a ****ing gay *** character who is bad offstage, of course you are gonna get "planked". we play smash, not traditional fighters, the ledge/offstage IS a big part of our game. why should characters like DK, pit, and rob be punished just for being strong offstage when its clearly beatable.

lgl or not, olimar beats DK and ****s on samus. you wern't playing well today/yesterday it seems just accept the loss

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ike can harass DK with his long ranged attacks, or grab the ledge and aether DK for punishment. After 100% DK has very few ledge options because he loses his really useful <100% ledge attack. I'm pretty sure anyone who can secure the ledge can intercept DK when he tries to cancel his upB on stage.

I understand people not liking it and all, but I've yet to come across a legit reason other than people not liking it. If DK's planking truly shut so many characters down, why arbitrarily limit DK? It may help him vs DDD (or Olimar), who knows.
I wasn't asking how to beat DKs planking with Ike, I was asking how to beat it in general.

RATED

Smash Lord
fixed

you main a ****ing gay *** character who is bad offstage, of course you are gonna get "planked". we play Brawl, not traditional fighters, the ledge/offstage IS a big part of our game. why should characters like DK, pit, and rob be punished just for being strong offstage when its clearly beatable.

lgl or not, olimar beats DK and ****s on samus. you wern't playing well today/yesterday it seems just accept the loss
10Bobthebuilder.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

I'm sorry but...Will used something that he knew he could take advantage of. To Will, I say: Good ****, because you're playing to win. To you I say: It happens, it's a bad rule, I agree. But it happened, and didn't everybody see the rules before they showed up?

As for catering to spectators...no. When do people really care if they're putting on a good show (ok so there's some but still)? Especially if you're "playing to win".

Just my two cents.

Browny

Smash Hater
I wasn't asking how to beat DKs planking with Ike, I was asking how to beat it in general.
You use a character who can beat it (anyone with a projectile they can throw downwards or put a large hitbox over the ledge), which quite a large variety of characters can, who also happen to beat DK normally. The same way how you beat IC's by not using ganondorf, apply the same process here. I'm not being sarcastic, the CP system exists for a reason and if you choose a character who has a severely bad matchup vs another once they get the lead and then complain about losing, thats your own damn fault.

Course I'm not saying planking should be allowed, Ive been arguing it should be outright banned for years lol. But people knew the rules before they entered and they agreed to them the instant they paid the entry fee.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Read the 3rd sentence. Please read my whole post before responding to it.

To me, the whole LGL means stifling character progress. I'd rather innocent characters not be negatively affected. Of course with characters being able to do it, as long as the tactics are beatable, countermeasures will be developed.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I can't believe people still play Brawl for fun.

How about, rather than *****ing about every single part of the game (stages, Meta Knight, camping, planking, scrooging, etc...) you either:

a) Use a character who can abuse said tactic

or

b) Don't play

Oh, and just thought I should bring up the irony (if it hasn't already been brought up) of an Olimar main complaining about gay tactics.

TeeVee

Smash Lord

How about, rather than *****ing about every single part of the game (stages, Meta Knight, camping, planking, scrooging, etc...) you either:

or

b) Don't play

Oh, and just thought I should bring up the irony (if it hasn't already been brought up) of an Olimar main complaining about gay tactics.

good post only we are admitting mk is broken by having a character specific lgl put into place. its acknowledging that he is too good to be allowed under a "normal" ruleset and requires additional, arbitrary rules to hold him back. regardless, no one elses planking is broken other than mks, the fact that DK's ledge game is even being brought up to get a lgl back is absurd. the only other character who you MIGHT have an argument for is gaw, but even his gets shut down by snake.

o and ya the olimar point has been brought up :3 http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12382665&postcount=4429

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow lmao, are people really discussing this?

yea will was not at fault cause he didnt break the rules

but this is not about what rich said to will

or whether or not what will did was right.

the problem is the stupid *** ruleset, and the braindead people whoever created that ruleset.

this cannot happen again.

or brawl will die very very soon.
the game is already defensive enough, why the **** would you allow everyone but mk infinite planking options?

there are some characters that by their design, cannot handle planking.

so if this stupid ruleset stands, some tiers, as well as MU's, need to be changed immediately.

Slashy

Smash Lord

or

b) Don't play

Why do you think the Smash Workshop was created? It's not like the problems in Brawl aren't capable of being patched, it's that no one wants to play with the patches.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
good post only we are admitting mk is broken by having a character specific lgl put into place. its acknowledging that he is too good to be allowed under a "normal" ruleset and requires additional, arbitrary rules to hold him back. regardless, no one elses planking is broken other than mks, the fact that DK's ledge game is even being brought up to get a lgl back is absurd. the only other character who you MIGHT have an argument for is gaw, but even his gets shut down by snake.

o and ya the olimar point has been brought up :3 http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12382665&postcount=4429
Jigglypuff can also plank at Meta Knight's level in the majority of match-ups.

I personally think that every character excluding Diddy Kong should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom