• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your favorite Sheik player in the world?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't know how anyone can watch amsah and have him not be your favorite sheik player...

He does everything every other sheik does, but better.

GOD!

Smash Ace
M2K in singles, Isai in teams. Isai was so clever in the way he played, and being on the best team in the world for years probably biased me towards him.

Watching drephen playing sheik is painful. I hate watching his matches, they don't make sense to me.

soap

Smash Hero
M2K in singles, Isai in teams. Isai was so clever in the way he played, and being on the best team in the world for years probably biased me towards him.

Watching drephen playing sheik is painful. I hate watching his matches, they don't make sense to me.
title of thread is who is your favorite sheik, if u have nothing nice to say....

nah im just ****ing with u, drephens sheik is ugly as hell

soap

Smash Hero
I never said i didn't enjoy watching your matches

i love your ugly style

please don't change it for anyone

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
kdj, i believe if you took him at his old level he would still be the best sheik in the world. of course i would have to say that if he kept playing he would realistically gotten better sooo... yea. kdj

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I wasn't even talking about me, current m2k is definitely better than KDJ from 2 years ago. Anyone saying otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. You're underestimating how much better people have become.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Yes, but nothing serious..

Oh, u were referring to m2k? M2k's sheik is definetely better than KoreanDJ's when he still played. At least imo.
I wasn't necessarily referring to anyone. Just saying that the top from 2 years ago can't hold a candle against the current Top. KDJ would get murdered by Mango, HungryBox, M2k, Armada, Jman, me and probably more people..

Cia

das kwl
Yes, but nothing serious..

I wasn't necessarily referring to anyone. Just saying that the top from 2 years ago can't hold a candle against the current Top. KDJ would get murdered by Mango, HungryBox, M2k, Armada, Jman, me and probably more people..
That's so weird.. because I'm convinced that the old school players that quit would murder the new school. you count at old school anyway.

For example, I don't think anyone could take OC P.c.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
That's so weird.. because I'm convinced that the old school players that quit would murder the new school. you count at old school anyway.
If they continued playing, then probably yes. My guess is that if Ken/KDJ never quit they would rival the current top players including Mango.

I'm just saying that if you take KoreanDJ or Ken at their prime, they wouldn't beat our current top players. The Metagame evolved too much for that. They would most likely do good, but they wouldn't win let alone dominate.

For example, I don't think anyone could take OC P.c.
I haven't even seen OC Pc, but I'm pretty sure the entire top 5 at Pound would beat him..

Link to vids..=]?

D

Deleted member

I'm just saying that if you take KoreanDJ or Ken at their prime, they wouldn't beat our current top players. The Metagame evolved too much for that. They would most likely do good, but they wouldn't win let alone dominate.
maybe some of the other players, but you picked bad examples here. ken and kdj were particularly noted for their ability and willingness to adapt mid-match. I doubt they'd have much difficulty matching an evolving metagame.

I'm with vanz on this one.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
maybe some of the other players, but you picked bad examples here. ken and kdj were particularly noted for their ability and willingness to adapt mid-match.
Comparable to Mango, Armada or myself.

I'm not going to go into an argument, but really, if you think prime KDJ/Ken from over 2 years ago would beat Armada, Mango, Hbox or me, then, you haven't been paying attention or simply don't understand what you're seeing. No offense meant.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I'll let you knowledgeable people actually debate it out, I'll just say this.

but, m2k vs crazy return is insane. But the people he played were messing up things that would NEVER be missed by top 5 or even top 20-50. Just off the top of my head, I remember m2k vs sephoroth (ken??) and m2k punishing non sweetspoted up b's with fsmash and sephorith just missed a LOT. Who missed their sweetspots nowadays?

No matter how fast kdj and ken adapt, I don't see them overcoming the advances in the metagame. Especially Ken, as marth. To get into more detail would be dumb...super theory bros.

Oh yeah and just to add to the topic... my #3 sheik is definitely KK for awesome tips and sexyness.

As for best, that is Amsah hands down.

strawhats

Smash Master
honestly m2k frm FCD, SCC, mlg Long Island or even Pound 3 would probably beat Armada, Amsah, Hbox, and prob. go even with mango (but lose half the time because he can't adapt) if he continued playing with the skill sets he had in his prime back in '07. He had the greatest marth I've ever seen, it was technical, perfect in almost every way. He was ****ing god like with edge guarding. M2K ****ing ken combo'd someone under FINAL DESTINATION. He pulled the sickest gimps off of Jman using forward b's and something Im forgetting as well as his legendary up b on PC CHRIS to ledge grab bair, to short hop off the ledge to bair wavedash backward into another bair and reverse up B to recover on Yoshis story.. He dropped to the bottom the stage to kill a falco that had been sent flying to his death. Armada is basically the M2K of this generation...technical sick at gimping, and fearless...however one major difference one is will and able to adapt and the other is not. However due to them both being technical and getting gimps on people in the first 5 seconds o a match (I'd give the nudge to m2k's prime who was fearless and didnt get nervous, plus he has the character MU advantage on his side with marth). Not to mention Armada would've lost to m2k had he won on FD. So armada now is probably only slightly better than m2k who goes even with all of the top 2/3/4 guys. He ****ing plays Brawl for God sakes, and still ***** 95 percent of thee smash world. (If that aint skill I DONT KNOW WHAT THE **** IS)

Im sure m2k's greatest moments werent even captured and put on Youtube...(He played like a god at FCD but no one recorded GFs)

eat your hearts out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIYn3TtRr_w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SolKNprfU8E&feature=fvw

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Not to mention Armada would've lost to m2k had he won on FD.
So you're saying, M2k would've won if he didn't lose..?

Not exactly a convincing argument..:embarrass

As for M2k being a "God" in 2007, it's because he was way ahead of his time and ***** everyone. I'm pretty sure he's better now, just worse relatively speaking because everyone got a lot better. (That's my guess at least, it's the same for me)

unknown522

Some guy
As for M2k being a "God" in 2007, it's because he was way ahead of his time and ***** everyone. I'm pretty sure he's better now, just worse relatively speaking because everyone got a lot better. (That's my guess at least, it's the same for me)
Amsah knows what's up.

Also, kirbykaze is definitely my favorite sheik player (regional bias as well).

Amsah is a close second.

I really dislike m2k's sheik.

Forward's was pretty cool.

GOD!

Smash Ace
lower case g for me there is only one GOD !
I smiled.

And just my two cents: 2007 ken wouldn't have made it into Pound 4 brackets. f they kept playing, they'd have had targets on their backs with tons of people gunning to take them out and learn their styles. It's also cool to think about how much the melee metagame would have grown if Ken, KDJ, and other pros who left for brawl had stayed on melee.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Lmfao @ Ken not making brackets at pound 4. Are you ********? The only people that have a chance of beating him are amsah, mango, armada. Go back and watch Ken vids. Look at his mind, his thought process, the motivation behind his actions. That doesn't change over time.

Top Bottom