• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So are you saying SS sacrifices efficiency and effectiveness for flash?

At times. I think when serious he doesn't do it much, but everything you do, even when you are not serious has an unconscious effect on your muscle memory. It helps if one is consciously thinking that it isn't serious, but it does have an effect. (SS goes for too much in times when he's not as serious, like when scar pointed out: he went for a dair>dair> knee techchase when dair>knee would have worked. While this doesn't inherently inhibit efficiency, because he read the tech wrong [or even had the possibility of reading the tech wrong] it hurt the combo's execution, ultimately resulting in a player surviving a combo that should have killed him) And generally I think Darkrain is the better player anyway. Nothing really bad against SS though, I think he's a great player and a he and Darkrain are a cut above all other Falcons.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Scar also extends his combo's to points he shouldn't (especially out of raptor boosting). This is something lots of Falcons do.

It's simply inefficiency, but sometimes, if you feel you are in control of the match and have the victory, you go for the flashy extensions on purpose. Not because you think they'll work, but because you know you can win by sacrificing reliability.

It's something every captain falcon main struggles with and it seems only Mango plays at maximum efficiency all the time. I don't think he's ever broken past 3 hits with a combo.

Hax

Smash Champion
who the **** is sars pirate

why am i like 7th place

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
West Coast where you at?? lol

I actually found it funny that in the m2 boards we were discussing falcon and one of the strategies was to continue to di away and falcons will tend to overexert themselves inorder to kill m2 in one combo or so.

So often that last hit if its way over the edge will miss and m2 just ducks under and backairs for an easy kill.

M2 for life son.

So I guess its just in falcons blood.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
How the **** does this already have over 500 replies.

Dont you guys have something better to do, like protecting america or something?

Sh*t.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOL this is stickied? i guess its to prevent Scar's thread from getting this ****..or for this topic to be made a new topic every day

Scar: everyone you play DI's in? @_@

Scar

#HarveyDent
this is all anyone on these boards talk about and it ruins other threads

DON'T QUESTION MY MOD STATUS

@ jungle fever when i raptor boost people and am not 100% sure i can knee them (for whatever reason) i will uair and EVERYONE expects the knee and uses survival DI, mostly because I should be kneeing. so uair always combos into knee at that % vs that DI, so it always works, so I don't stop

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
this is all anyone on these boards talk about and it ruins other threads

DON'T QUESTION MY MOD STATUS

@ jungle fever when i raptor boost people and am not 100% sure i can knee them (for whatever reason) i will uair and EVERYONE expects the knee and uses survival DI, mostly because I should be kneeing. so uair always combos into knee at that % vs that DI, so it always works, so I don't stop
ah guess that makes sense

if the shoe fits

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol east coast DI is beast coast DI don't start that, it's the correct DI it's just that i'm bad at kneeing when i should, which in turn is a huge mindgame, albeit inadvertently

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
haha, definitely. I don't knee a lot of the time when I should, due to not feeling confident about my placing. However it works in my favor a lot.

Also, I think most falcon mains gain better di and recovery than most, cause he's just so **** killable

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea falcons do seem to have the best di. Just they kno they gotta stay on the stage. The falcon car isnt that good at flying lol. does much better on the stage.

WEst coast all DAY lol.

and really we arent talking about much. lol. All we do is hit tandems. might as well change the title and leave the sticky lol

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i dunno sheiks have to have pretty good DI...cuz their up b fails really in all directions like distance wise.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It really does I want more tournament vids of it. MORE. You can beat all of west coast with falcon only, do it plx =)

Scar

#HarveyDent
alright no coast discussion here you people are like animals

ec>wc by so much anyways

mango is just too good

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
alright no coast discussion here you people are like animals

ec>wc by so much anyways

mango is just too good
says the guy with the lion avatar lol

dam, lol I didnt know they actually had that rep. I guess thats why P isnt posting. He must be banned lol

Milos

Smash Lord
wendell is the most refined troll ever

he used to count to 30 to make sure he could post as much as he could whenever he was on smashboards

and he never posted more then like 10 words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom