• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
da k.i.d. has never made an intelligent post

mana will come in here and burn him

he'll say something stupid

mana gives up because kid is ********, kid thinks he wins

polmex SUP

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I agree that its between Dr and SS. maybe even Isai. does anyone kno if Isai is playing melee at genesis if hes coming or not.

I think thats SS has socal on lock but I probably am like pac said just biased cuz Im from WA and CAli which are pretty much the west coast.

So I stikk wit my vote but id really like to see Isai on some melee lol

SS can see in the dark, Dr WHERE YOU AT lol?????????

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
What's with people saying isai had bad tech skill?

apparently just because he doesnt wave land all over the stage he has bad tech skill? lol he had awesome tech skill, he only used what he had to to win. he even has a tech skill named after him (isai dropping)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
What's with people saying isai had bad tech skill?

apparently just because he doesnt wave land all over the stage he has bad tech skill? lol he had awesome tech skill, he only used what he had to to win. he even has a tech skill named after him (isai dropping)
You can be good without having tech skill. He doesnt do crazy complicated stuff with his falcon. He just fights. and sandbags.

how much is he sandbagging? I mean isnt that a john technically. like how far can he take that and ppl still believe hes not trying. when does it come out that hes just not as good.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Voting Scar.

Also....if Isai loses at Genesis....it means he wasn't good enough, it doesn't mean he sandbagged. (not really caring about the flames that will ensue, either.) SS might just be as good as Dr. Look at how people were doibting Mango's Falco? It all has yet to be proven, though. I think Scar has leveled up majorly as of recent. I can wait to see how beast he is come Genesis. Also...can't forget about Hax$. That's mah dood right there. I think Clash of the Falcons is in order. G-reg, where you at?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
You can be good without having tech skill. He doesnt do crazy complicated stuff with his falcon. He just fights. and sandbags.

how much is he sandbagging? I mean isnt that a john technically. like how far can he take that and ppl still believe hes not trying. when does it come out that hes just not as good.
I didn't say he was bad, I said his techskill is actually really good, people on this thread keep saying he had the worst tech skill for a pro. People overlook simple tech skill like L cancelling and controlling the character / stage, and look for "lolz wow he just did a sick perfect waveland -> edgecancelled Dair (even though it missed)".

And I'm not an Isai fanboy, I can't stand reading youtube "SANDBAGGING xD" comments on every video where he loses.

PB&J

Smash Hero
please ..im tired of people saying isai was alwaus sandbagging if someone doesnt "take the game serious" they shoudnt play @ all... and isai had good teck skill his sheik fox and falcon...watch fc3...anyway the rain is too dark like shiz said

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I didn't say he was bad, I said his techskill is actually really good, people on this thread keep saying he had the worst tech skill for a pro. People overlook simple tech skill like L cancelling and controlling the character / stage, and look for "lolz wow he just did a sick perfect waveland -> edgecancelled Dair (even though it missed)".

And I'm not an Isai fanboy, I can't stand reading youtube "SANDBAGGING xD" comments on every video where he loses.
L-cancelling, WD, DI are all standard now. Tech skill does includethose things but I think its fair to say thats not what ppl mean when they say it cuz its assumed at a pro level those tactics are consistent. So watching his falcon he doesnt do many things that are considered neo era technical. No you didnt say he was bad but you didnt really prove that he does technical things that are apart from the standard or basic aresenal of advanced gameplay.

I havent watched much of Isai in melee so I dont kno the full extend of his abilities. I agree that you cant always be sandbagging lol. But I wonder is there an extent to which he does sandbag.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
please ..im tired of people saying isai was alwaus sandbagging if someone doesnt "take the game serious" they shoudnt play @ all... and isai had good teck skill his sheik fox and falcon...watch fc3...anyway the rain is too dark like shiz said
SUPER ISAI's real dedication lies in SSB64

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I tied with Darkrain in placing in the last midwest tourney I went too. Obviously I am one of the best Falcons ever and since Khepari out placed Darkrain he must be the best Falcon ever.

End poll.

Midwest Falcons are too good. I will always lose to one in each Midwest tourney I go to.

Scar

#HarveyDent
L-cancelling, WD, DI are all standard now. Tech skill does includethose things but I think its fair to say thats not what ppl mean when they say it cuz its assumed at a pro level those tactics are consistent. So watching his falcon he doesnt do many things that are considered neo era technical.
alright you just made up the term "neo-era technical"

technical play is all about consistency with tech skill. it is easy to l-cancel but to do it at important times vs different kinds of hitstun in the middle of strange spontaneous combos is NOT easy. frame perfect dashing, jabbing, turn-arounds after aerials is NOT easy. even frame perfect shffl'd aerials don't appear as often as you'd think in top-level play

so you can think that edgecancels and wavelands and flash mean that a player is technical, but when you watch isai play, if you have any idea how difficult it is to consistently gentleman>frame perfect dash>short hop knee fastfall l-cancel, and ANY of the other stuff he does all the time, you would NEVER call him anything but technically amazing

his only problem was that he didn't use c-stick, which did hold him back

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i always thought it was just assumed that isai had the best tech skill in the US, wasn't there a poll of the pro players at one point, and he won it?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah isai was voted the most technical player of 2006 or something like that.

he was amazing. just watch his tech skill vs pc chris and azen in those sets, and compare them to players of that same time period and you'll see how technical he was. (very)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i completely agree with everything KFC says.
not because he's smart or knows what he's talking about...
but because i heart him.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
alright you just made up the term "neo-era technical"

technical play is all about consistency with tech skill. it is easy to l-cancel but to do it at important times vs different kinds of hitstun in the middle of strange spontaneous combos is NOT easy. frame perfect dashing, jabbing, turn-arounds after aerials is NOT easy. even frame perfect shffl'd aerials don't appear as often as you'd think in top-level play

so you can think that edgecancels and wavelands and flash mean that a player is technical, but when you watch isai play, if you have any idea how difficult it is to consistently gentleman>frame perfect dash>short hop knee fastfall l-cancel, and ANY of the other stuff he does all the time, you would NEVER call him anything but technically amazing

his only problem was that he didn't use c-stick, which did hold him back
When I made up the term I was only referring to flashy playstyles and in no way expected it to be looked at like Im trying to debate or even trying to make a term. What I was trying to say was:

Alot of people look at flashy playstyles and moves and call them technical. This is moreso in the newer crown of melee players. they look for the oohs and awess.

You listed alot of things that go above and beyond that. I was only responding about simple tech skill. Just talking about DI WD and L cancelling saying that consistently doing those things arent necessarily technical. unless you go above and beyond falcons call of duty as you mentioned

Im not trying to say Isai is not technical but that certain things often arent recognized as technical

The sandbagging comment was only a hypothetical. How far are you allowed to get away with until ppl just have to say ur not as good and you have to stop sandbagging to prove them wrong?

When I said he just fights im saying that hes not being flashy moonwalking and wavelanding all over the place. He just does what he does.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scar killed mufasa twice im not tryin to be next lol

DrewB008

Smash Lord
well i cant tell if youre saying isai is technical or not

but i'll say this

i can consistently moonwalk into edgecancelled aerials and slide around platforms really fast

i cant consistently gentleman or avoid getting shieldgrabbed when i aerial peoples shields

isai is really technical, and i really dont think the lack of c stick hurt him as much as people think

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im saying hes technical but not flashy and some of the things he does at face value dont look like they take an extrememe amount of difficulty and thats why ppl say hes not technical.

I dont really know. I mean there are for sure things you can do with c stick u cant with a and z.

I guess the question is what would the c stick improve to his game? If that can be answered I think it can be determined how much it hurt him.

for the gentleman use [A, A, A+Z] thats seems to work pretty well

@ Scar how do u think he would do against Dr or SS or yourself?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
with c stick, you can do perfect retreating back airs/fairs, perfect falling uairs, perfect falling non fastfalled dairs, fairing and dairing without moving in the air. (as in jumping in the air without horizontal motion)

Scar

#HarveyDent
isai did almost everything you'd expect someone not using the cstick to not be able to do. he was crazy good.

but yeah i think that technical and flashy have often been confused, which has, in this thread, led to people saying that darkrain and isaiah are not very technical players

i guess it takes someone with a more experienced eye for the game to pick out the subtleties of truly technical play but rest assured those are two extremely tech-heavy players with great mindgames. which is what you need to be the best.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
wow. i can understand people thinking isai isnt technical but...

did people really say that darkrain isnt a very technical player? O_O

even to the inexperienced eye, seeing that darkrain is very technical should be easy.. look at how many l cancel's he misses, and look at the rate of speed he moves and shffl's...

thats alot of greatly timed button imputs per minute son.

i want to play darkrain soooooooooooooooooo bad

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
wow. i can understand people thinking isai isnt technical but...

did people really say that darkrain isnt a very technical player? O_O

even to the inexperienced eye, seeing that darkrain is very technical should be easy.. look at how many l cancel's he misses, and look at the rate of speed he moves and shffl's...

thats alot of greatly timed button imputs per minute son.

i want to play darkrain soooooooooooooooooo bad
Wait, how many l cancels he misses? :S

^^;

Scar

#HarveyDent
Uh, Darkrain's like a frame perfect player. He probably power shields more than the entire WC combined.
you forgot to add biased kansas opinion to your comment
lol yeah it's actually true tho, he really is an incredible player. most of the things that i'm eventually going to put in that tutorial video were inspired by darkrain and how to become faster in general, since his gameplay is very tight, with very few frame gaps where he isn't doing anything.

as far as powershielding goes, he really does do it a lot

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can understand ppl thinking Isai isnt technical because they cant see it but Dark Rain come on. Even his shielding is technical lol.

I dont really think the poll at this point is important lol. Its served enough of a purpose that at least gets ppl talking and looking at the differences between the great falcon players of the now.

I still dont kno if Isai needed the c stick. Its not like he was unaware of its existence lol and as technical as he is, he knew what limitations he has. Plus he could still do nearly perfect [insert c stick technique here]

and I gotta defend the WC in saying if you take all of us I think we got em by at least 5 or 6 lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah i agree, the poll served its purpose. isai is a SSB64 player though, he did everything without a cstick in that game and continued to in melee i suppose.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
mana lord on a good day is top 5 falcon in the world

sadly he never plays so he doesn't get good days very often lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
From what I've seen, while I find SS more entertaining to watch (The grand finals of mango juice were great), I think Darkrain is the better player. "Flash" and "originality" are only an asset if they don't sacrifice efficiency or execution. Which they often do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
From what I've seen, while I find SS more entertaining to watch (The grand finals of mango juice were great), I think Darkrain is the better player. "Flash" and "originality" are only an asset if they don't sacrifice efficiency or execution. Which they often do.
So are you saying SS sacrifices efficiency and effectiveness for flash? Or do you just believe Dark Rain is just a better player?

I think hes just tryin to keep up on his mindgames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom