• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the strongest CPU

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
lvl 9 red wario is the best. End of discussion

he has to be red though, in his mario costume

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'll try fighting Luigi more if people are seriously saying that

Pika is so muc hharder IMO lol

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu can be a real biaatch sometimes and Wario will just spam his fsmash at the ledge.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think any level 9 CPU character is hard. They're so easy to gimp and three stock! I always end up pwning them :D

So basically, it doesn't matter which level 9 CPU is strongest, because they all suck.

Too bad humans aren't as easy as level 9s.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't really think any level 9 CPU character is hard. They're so easy to gimp and three stock! I always end up pwning them :D

So basically, it doesn't matter which level 9 CPU is strongest, because they all suck.

Too bad humans aren't as easy as level 9s.
They are still good ways to train.

Try 5-stocking them :)

Try 5-stocking lvl 9 Pikachu

It's freaking hard sometimes.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha yeah the lvl 9 Olimar is VERY random. Doesn't really know how to recover though, and doesn't know how to space/zone which is really important because Olimar's pikmin have 0 priority and he has to abuse his side-B and grab range.

Basically... if you know the MATCHUP against real people... you know how to beat the CPU's with ease lol, which is why I don't think Luigi is that hard.

Peach and Pikachu are a little more adaptable so they shine more in close combat situations. Luigi I can just camp all day, even with Sheik.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
CPUs dont learn from you, btw.

I know this is on the first page.. but

The lvl 9 Metaknight on my Wii has glide tossed before.

It's also picked up the habit of crouching multiple times as a taunt (I used to do this when I killed it sometimes).

More on topic of the thread...

I think Mario is one of the smartest CPU AIs.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
CPUs don't technically "learn".
The take your moves and use them for themselves.
I've watched my ikes and marths and etc. COMPLETELY change their "style".
It's kinda entertaining watching my marth SH fair everywhere lol.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I've seen CPU's take my moves before. Fighting against a CPU that plays just like you is... interesting. (When I first had this happen, I was like "What in the!?! That's MY moves!".)

Ange

Smash Lord
It's also picked up the habit of crouching multiple times as a taunt (I used to do this when I killed it sometimes).
CPUs do that, your CPU didnt 'learn' to crouch taunt.
I dont know what causes them to do it, but they do. Programming flaw I guess.

Anyway, I should try to battle more Lvl 9 Peachs.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Dont remind me of the cpu's taking people styles. Its kinda humorous because they do that all the time lol.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
CPUs do that, your CPU didnt 'learn' to crouch taunt.
I dont know what causes them to do it, but they do. Programming flaw I guess.

Anyway, I should try to battle more Lvl 9 Peachs.
You really should learn to have a clue what you're talking about before you tell somebody they are wrong. It's called adaptive AI. It copies styles of play that it associates with winning. By crouching as a taunt after you kill somebody, it is almost guaranteed to associate it with winning, as the only time you would ever use is after you KO'd your opponent. It's not a flaw, it's on purpose, lot's of games have it.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
lvl 9 luigi lvl 9 pikachu lvl 9 peach and a lvl 9 wolf but he has to be black wolf idk why that is it just seems like it.

Klemm

Smash Rookie
Why are so many people saying Peach? Peach CPU's rarely give me trouble. She's my main, though, so when she appears in a match (I usually stick them on random) I just don't fight her until the end because I feel bad hurting her. :laugh:

The StarFox characters have always given me trouble (more in Melee), I always found Falco a *******.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that lv. 9 Luigi is definately my pick. Peach used to be annoying before I mained her (cuz now I can see what's coming before the CPU can do it). Pikachu can be annoying as well.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
idk... luigi is tied with marth with me. for some reason i have the worst luck against marth but i can still beat them both

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lol at Luigi claimed to be the best CPU, but is not a high tier character, I dunno.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
idk... luigi is tied with marth with me. for some reason i have the worst luck against marth but i can still beat them both
Really? My Marth's used to act SOOO stupid! Well, until yesterday cuz now I'm playing against a good Marth player.
Lol at Luigi claimed to be the best CPU, but is not a high tier character, I dunno.
Ironic, isn't it.

I forgot: I hate CPU Ness. Don't know why.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I hate the following level 9 CPU's with a passion: PIT(God I hate him! lol), Mario, Luigi, Mr Game and watch, and Diddy(another one that nearly drove me insane!)

I swear all of those cpu's piss the hell out of me.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
dude pit is the definition of cheap ***!!! try recovering against him with fox... IMPOSSIBLE his arrows are like rapid fire seeker missiles with 100% accuracy

EDIT: and one thing about fighting level 9s if you main who your fighting he/she will be know problem because you know what to expect and what sort of things that character is capable of. for example back when i used to main marth (hes my secondary) i could never beat fox and now i can beat him and hardly get hit. (post long enough? :p)

Top Bottom