• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the strongest CPU

Ninterror

Smash Rookie
Clearly none of you ever faced Meta knight on lv. 9. Meta knight is ridiculously fast by himself, however he's so fast that you'll rack up damage faster then you can say "Oh shi-", and due to all of his attacks being lag free, your going to be flying without warning.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Errr.... Sometimes when it comes with CPU's it's Ike. Me and Ike... When I use my own Ike. I try to smash. It's got the nerves to hold onto the edge. I wonder where the CPU's Get so smart all of a sudden? Maybe it's just me taking it to extreme. XD

But honestly I can vote for Pikachu, and sometimes Ike. (Sometimes I say. XD )

But I forgot Kirby enjoys hitting with powerful attacks too. So let me not forget that pink marshmallow. : D
they learn button imputs from you

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Brawl CPUs learn a lot of your strategies in the case of a ditto, but Mario, Luigi and Bowser seem to have had their AIs made by pros. Mario and Luigi play around with their Nairs a lot and will combo you at the most random of times while Bowser will powersheild every single hit and allways follow up with a sheid grab.

Melee CPUs know how to combo you off the bat and on top of that, they know how to tech everything they do ;_;... oh yeah and Falcons love their Dairs. because of this, I can easily say that Captain Falcon, Fox and Ness are the hardest to beat. Falcon pulls his knee out of nowhere at really high %'s, Fox will **** you if he gets a grab off and Ness... Ness is just gay. The one flaw in Melee's CPUs is that they might taunt randomly, giving you an easy opening.

Alleran

Smash Rookie
Agreed. Chances are, some pros and experts came up with the fighting style for all (or at least most) characters. Characters that are using their prime techniques, whether be simple A combos, chaingrabs, or any Air.

And yes, they plank well...a little too well.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
protip: olimar's attacks have 0 priority so any attack can go through a pikmin and also hit olimar

his best option is grab and pivot grab, but cpu cant do that ****

it's just his attacks are fast and they all look the same (olimar not moving and pikmin going in a random spot)

cpu olimar is 2 easy to gimp haha

cpu luigi, peach, pikachu = too legit

yoshi is fine as well

Tatty_bonga

Smash Rookie
LVL 9 Luigi's are pretty tough, I like playing 2 Luigi's and a Pika/Peach. Pretty challenging if you have no one else to play with. Mario's and Falco's are fun too.
LVL 9's are pretty bull**** with their instant dodge/attack reactions.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Luigi.

& Pikachu. Mine does QAC > thunder sniping now, and since it's a computer, it has beastly accuracy.... :mad:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there is no strongest cpu. its most likely whoeever u main because the computers learn from players on ur system. thats why kaylos cpu pikachu does stuff

the rob on my system is campy
the metaknight is a gross fusion of xzax and m2k

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Is there any definite proof of a cpu learning from a human player, because I don't believe it. So I'll be siding with Excellence on this one, for now :p

Zach133

Smash Cadet
CPUs dont learn from you, btw.

Since Lv 9 CPUs have inhuman abilities and Lv 7 CPUs dont (as much maybe), it might just be an illusion that theyre better. However, when I think of it, Lv 7 CPUs might show off a more "human playstyle" than Lv 9 CPUs, thus making them more... human like? and more likely to be played against.

If any of that made sense, which I hardly think it did.
Ya they do. How do u think the do better each time? Also they pull off AT's and also edge gaurd. (they stay on the edge) It's not a flook if thats what your thinking. This isnt anything new either. It's been in some games for a while now.

SO "YES" CPU's learn from you.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its possible that they just respond to how you play. If you are bad, they don't need to be good to win. Sort of how with level 9 they play really defensive and won't do much if you don't. Maybe as you get better, you're computer characters are just forced to use better responses.

Has anyone seen a computer do something awesome to a really bad player?

POKE40

Smash Lord
^^^ a computer can edge-hog you...isn't that awesome enough ):

Giga Bowser = strongest CPU
Giga bowser is freakn invincible.
He can't be chain grabbed, can't be gimped by force, can't be disrupted during taunts, and has an incredible shield coverage.

Wario Man = strongest CPU
same goes for Wario Man. except he can fly and drive a motorcycle at like 200mph...

my anwsers are sarcastic of course.
Its obviously luigi

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes there is proof, people have done tests

for instance, erased their brawl data and started new. they played a computer falcon with various characters and noted how he played. they then spent a few hours playing only falcon against each other and practically only falcon punched. afterwards when they played cpu falcon again, he falcon punched much more than usual.

this also explains why kaylo (a pikachu main) said that the cpu pikachu on her system QACs, or why vex (one of the best bowser players) says the cpu bowser on his system does grab release combos.

Tamoo

Smash Master
But the AI system for a CPU is complicated enough as it is,
making it so that cpu's learn human patterns of gameplay is surely a massive feat, almost impossible in my imagination

Kain6th

Smash Ace
yes there is proof, people have done tests

for instance, erased their brawl data and started new. they played a computer falcon with various characters and noted how he played. they then spent a few hours playing only falcon against each other and practically only falcon punched. afterwards when they played cpu falcon again, he falcon punched much more than usual.

this also explains why kaylo (a pikachu main) said that the cpu pikachu on her system QACs, or why vex (one of the best bowser players) says the cpu bowser on his system does grab release combos.
Wow, that sounds likea very interesting study. Is there a video or a thread of this? I'd like to check it out.

Alleran

Smash Rookie
It could be just...unpredictable.

lol, people searching far and wide where the answer could very well be in their face.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Peach IMO. Luigi's pretty easy for me. Although i would recommend not having items on when fighting a lvl 9 cpu. Most of the time they'll get everything before you can.

megatonfist

Smash Rookie
i find that when i kill a lvl 9 cpu in a 3 stock match first, they tend to come back with utter **** in the 2nd round...then they weaken against, etc.

luigis, metaknights, peaches, sometimes olimars are good

lil cj

Smash Lord
Falco is the strongest imo, as if a pro is playing him...
and he doesnt even CG lol

Wario, Olimar, and Toon Link
are beast too

Moozle

Smash Champion
Pikachu just annoys the hell out of me. DownBDownBDownBDownBDownBDownBDownBDownB

Edit: Fire Mario I very much enjoy your response haha.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
But the AI system for a CPU is complicated enough as it is,
making it so that cpu's learn human patterns of gameplay is surely a massive feat, almost impossible in my imagination
something with TRUE ai can learn patterns reapeat them or counter against them when it sees them again much like a human this sort of thing doesn't exist in the video game world to my knowledge

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
Holy C-stick Batman!- I just had a Melee Flashback!
Marth and Link on very hard were one crazy skilled team. They were so powerful and synchronized, and it seemed like the designers meant it to be that way- even thier ch portraits were synched, like they were both rushing at you or something. I had a pretty epic battle w/ the link cpu on the left side of the Termina stage-heck you could hear my controller in the next room! The fight took place on that tilting island, we were both fighting for a foothold. What a crazy battle!

Koala

Smash Cadet
I personally have issues with a level 9 cpu Pikachu, I don't really know why

Top Bottom