• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats Your Personal Bad Matchup?

meta chaz

Smash Rookie
marth is annoying for me, its prolly just cause my friend just spams smashes wit him. if i stay away and only punish his recoveries and try to get him off the stage im ok but this takes forever. btw im an mk main. wifi projectiles are pretty gey too lol.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
My personal worst match-up is Snake. I can never play well against him. >_>

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
I wanna say G&W, but I'm getting a little better against em, and I always love the challenge

I gotta say Marth. I'm trying hard to get around him and play more defensivly, but I just cant do it

Douk

Smash Rookie
Falco, no matter what he's knocking me around the course like a *****. I don't know what everyone's saying Olimar is very easy to beat, I like to just keep him in the air with no pikmin with Samus.

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
I would say any decent/good Pikachu, I always seem to get into that **** downsmash, you have to either never be in it's range or perfect(power)shield it. Spotdodge/roll never works. Thunder is anoying (and, imo, very OP on flat stages).

My main (when I first played brawl with decent seriousness) used to be Olimar, so I have a good idea how to fight them, just got to remember the quickest move that removes pikmin and keep Olimar too busy to pick up more Pikmins.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Falco, no matter what he's knocking me around the course like a *****. I don't know what everyone's saying Olimar is very easy to beat, I like to just keep him in the air with no pikmin with Samus.
well, i could understand why people have a problem with him. The best approach is definitly approahing from the air. maybe even with a fastfell dodge. Olibum suffers the most when your in his grill

The best Counterpicks against olimar

shiek: tilts and good for keeping off pikmin and racking damage on top of great edguarding

DDD: Dthrow CG and its over.......

Kirby:Fsmash and WOP

Marth: Fair spam

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
MK, Snake, and Ike.

Ike's power is annoying, but it's the length of his attacks that gets me. I react too early and get tagged by the ending of the move due to long-lasting hitboxes.

Snake isn't too hard to stop with good spacing and a couple SHFF double fairs, but when he starts camping it's hard to get in to attack.

MK for obvious reasons, if it wasn't for Dolphin Slash's 5 frame invincible startup and good DI I'd never get away from him.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
ganondorf and cap falcon. now dont ask why i know that it is stupid. its just that every time i face them they somehow become braniacs and you know that B-up move they have? well they come at me and start taking turns and start using it on me like until we are on the top of the screen.

Tamoo

Smash Master
The best Counterpicks against olimar

shiek: tilts and good for keeping off pikmin and racking damage on top of great edguarding

DDD: Dthrow CG and its over.......

Kirby:Fsmash and WOP

Marth: Fair spam
so muc fail, u try using DDD gainst olimar, one of the hardest matchups for him

If u want true olimar counters, look towards metaknight and peach, they totally cut out his game. Marth is fairly good, as is luigi.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Olimar and Ike. Ike should be easy, but I just underestimate how slow his stuff is and get hit by it coming out of spotdodge/airdodge.

Olimar because that little ******* is so hard to hit.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I hate Olimar but I dont think his my worst since Ive played the MU so much :ohwell:
My worst would have to be Wario. Hes so unpredictable, and I have no idea how to fight him.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
Olimar is my main after too many hours of playing, and I would argue that he is one of the hands down best 1v1 guys. Only downfall in my eyes is his recovery. That said, I never have too big of a problem with him.

For me the one guy that just annoys me the most is Rob. That is one tricky freakin robot. I still beat him, but he is a tough customer and seems to dodge a little faster than most of the others. (nobody to play with in person until fall semester so im talking lvl 9s). Wario is up there beside Rob as well. Heavyweights with quick attacks and great recovery.

And to the "everybody fears MK" (or whatever was exactly said)...i have never had a problem with him.

highfive

Smash Lord
I've never had a problem with meta knight. Few good matches and few bad but nothing special. But PIT. He just gets me. Can't ever seem to dodge any attacks of his and he always seems to lash out attacks in the wink of an eye.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
I have found that pit has a certain weakness in that some of his attacks are quite long for a middle weight. His forward smash and his hy yah yah yah yah (spamalicious!) take forever, and if you get behind him he is screwed.

Another weakness is his Up B. If you can force him to use it and get to him while he is off the edge you can force him out of it and I dont believe he gets it back until he touches ground again.

Avoid him in the air if you can unless you are playing someone with a longer hit range (marth and MK for example).

Tamoo

Smash Master
My worst matchup when using MK is probably Snake, i just cant live till high percents

For all my other characters, ROB without a doubt, just cant get through the projectile spam although my powershielding has improved tonnes in the past couple of weeks so there is hope

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Luigi. He reminds me of how annoying it was to fight the Mario Bros. in Melee too. Dr. Mario would always rip me a new one and I guess he lives on in Brawl Luigi.

Vol

Smash Rookie
I hate facing...

Personally, I hate facing Lucas and Pikachu. As an Ike player, I'm sorta weird in the fact I stay in the air most of the time, trying to use spikes. But Lucas just uses his ridiculously strong up smash that stays out forever and Pikachu just spams thunder.

I hate 'em. Yup, hate 'em a lot.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Olimar. People say that he should be soooo easy to gimp, but he's probably tougher to actually get off stage than any other character. Those pikmin are like a fortress. ****ing sakurai was on crack when he created olimar's moveset. Congratulations. You've created a character who is near impossible to get close to.

Good Ness players scare the **** out of me. That PK Fire and Thunder are so annoying, but that spike . . . THAT is what scares me the most. I often times don't pursue at the edges because I'm constantly paranoid that I'm gonna get spiked.
Ah, Ness. He's probably the biggest victim of under-representation in the game. If there were more players like FOW, he could probably pull a sonic and go up about 8 spots. And his matchups against top tiers are definitely closer than what most people think.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i main fox... and my worst match up is easily fox... and olimar

im actually better against pikachu's/shieks than i am against foxes or olimar but still for some reason i get ***** in fox dittos i just suck against foxes!

Top Bottom