• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This is ZoSo on Kevin's account.

I'm bored. So I guess you win or something?
Anyways.

Yeah. After all this, how bout an on-topic post. :D

My favorite part of Melee has got to be how not every character in the game has the same DI as Jiggz. :laugh:
You should try playing Giant Melee with 2.0 damage ratio. The DI becomes utterly ********.

Uthrow > utilt > utilt with Marth is a 0-death against Fox.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Tech Chasing.

I don't know why, but I feel so good after I tech chase someone and get them right into another grab/smash/whatever.

That, and Combos.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I love that in melee you have to really play.

In Brawl I get relaxed and don't really have to do much to play the game.

In Melee, I'm focussed, leaned over in my chair, pounding my buttons with the pressure on, knowing that everything I'm doing- every subtle movement, every decision I make- could potentially shift the match for or against me. The feeling that you're actually IN the game, doing combos, DI'ing away from combos, recovering, EVERYTHING.

That's what I love about melee. In Brawl this feeling doesn't exist, which is why it gets boring like 100x faster.

Jordan178

Smash Rookie
Playing with friends (who are not as much as Nintendo fans...but still like the game...so that lowers the skill), having fun with the event matches, unlocking the characters and having fun with them, unlocking the stages and have fun with them...and having fun with the items (YES! I was a n00b back then).

I don't play Melee as much anymore do to the fact I don't have much friends who are competitive in the game...they just like to play games for other systems... -_-
So that's why I play SSB and Brawl a whole lot more then Melee...sadly...oh well... :p (I'm not that competitive anyway.)

skins2153

Smash Cadet
...and all those times when Uwe Boll would plug "Haruhi Dancin'" for the Wii made me sick. ****ing sellout. I mean even though "Haruhi Dancin'" for the Wii requires OBVIOUSLY more finger dexterity than Brawl you dont have to tell everyone. I mean whats the world comin to when us hard working native americans cant buy a cup of "Haruhi Dancin'" for the Wii? WHATS THE WORKIN MAN SUPPOSED TO DO? I had to march by *** down to the local Gamestop and just start yelling at the top of my lungs till the attendant called the police on my red ***. Luckily for me though I am a PRO at "Haruhi Dancin'" for the Wii an dI finger ****ed my way outa that close call.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Zoso lives in VA!?!??! WHy haven't I met him?! Zoso come to the next tourny (Melee or Brawl) and we'll play Melee.
he lives on ri lol

but zoso posts all over the place and atlantic north is tight knit so i figured someone in va would know who he is especially since he claims to be "searching"

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Didn't you open this exchange by telling me my opinion is worthless?

I don't care if you hate it or think it sucks or whatever. Just don't act like you know anything about Brawl at a competitive level.

Lol.

Let me put it this way: You haven't heard of me because you suck. I haven't heard of you because you suck.

Try defending your opinions with reasoning and logic and all those other concepts that must seem terribly foreign to an unintelligent person like yourself.

Again, I could care less if you think the game sucks, but you're saying it has no depth, which is wrong.

Cinder: Azen wins with Lucario, Bum wins with DK (and whoever the hell he wants, basically), NinjaLink wins with Diddy, M2K wins with DDD (he plays MK too, of course), Chu wins with Kirby, NEO wins with Marth.

Maybe Meta Knight is in the top spot more often than any of the others, but when was the last time a large Melee tournament was won by a character who wasn't Fox or Marth?

Superryan: Are you confusing me with somebody else? I'm not from VA.
I win with alot of characters not just diddy. Please just accept i dont main diddy. Just because its the most impressive looking doesnt mean i main him. Not focusin anger towards u but i keep seein i main him which i dont. Just for future reference i dont main him. If u look in my profile i main random. sanykuu

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
No, Brawl TRIES to be competitive, its painful to watch really.
Brawl may not be built to be as competitive as Melee, but the physics aren't the only thing that builds competition. The community makes the game competitive.

Uh oh mic, the post above mine mentioned something about brawl, you better hurry and lock this thread.
Haha, true.

Fletch

Smash Master
Brawl may not be built to be as competitive as Melee, but the physics aren't the only thing that builds competition. The community makes the game competitive.
I don't know if I would agree with this; this has been stated many times before, but would you think something like Rock, Paper, Scissors is a viable competitive game? After all, there is a large community around it and a large world championship.

http://www.worldrps.com/

Cam3ron

Smash Cadet
For me i like the level of difficulty it takes to be good at melee. For me it took a while to get all the ATs down. It took tech skill, mindgamez, and mental toughness to be good at tourneys.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Being able to continuously defeat someone on fd with one hand while the other one is holding a cell phone to the ear.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Ground mobility options, l cancelling and good amount of hitstun. Having a deep amount of technical skills also makes it very enjoy getting better at the game, not to mention keeping up with the pace of the game, especially high level of play.

Luigithemobster

Smash Cadet
well my favorite part of melee is the competitiveness of it. This doesn't exist in brawl but melee is extremely competitive. Also, the combos are great too

Top Bottom