• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
SH with fox for me is like 93% successful out of situations and SHL and SHDL are useful...I guess I kinda got the hang of wavedashing but how the heck are you suppose to SHDL while moving? It's like impossible!
Tilt(don't tap) the control stick, and y>b>b. That's for forward SHDL, I rarely attempt reverse. Illusions...

My favorite thing about melee is the amazing pro vids that inspire us to be creative with comboes. I saw DSW in one match against M2K. Dash attack --> SHL --> Fsmash. WHAT?!!!!!

Candide

Smash Apprentice
Obviously it was the rage and confusion of friends who lost over and over to the typical "girly" character (Peach), the one that's "supposed" to suck.

~rh

Smash Lord
The thing that I like the most about Melee is the fact that its called Melee. Since Brawl came out I just love how Melee sounds to the ear.

Melee.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I love how characters can combo and perform techs in a fluid motion as if they never stop moving. Watching vids of space animals utilizing (sometimes unecessarily) flashy combos is just fun to see.

.Marik

is a social misfit
What do I like the most about Melee? Everything, basically. Especially all the advanced methods that made it so fun, and also the fast-paced speed of it. ^^

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
The thing that I like the most about Melee is the fact that its called Melee. Since Brawl came out I just love how Melee sounds to the ear.

Melee.
I agree. When I hear melee, I think of martial artists/fencers fighting with extreme speed, skill, and finesse. When I hear Brawl, I think of sort of a wrestling match, where brute strength is your best asset. And that's just not from playing the two games, I pictured those words to have those meaning since before I even played melee.

And, yes, I know those aren't the correct definitions. I was in elementary school when I first heard the word melee. Sounded french to me then. French stereotypes don't have large muscles. I remembered seeing a french guy fencing in the olympics once. That is what gave me that impression of the word. Ah, to be young and impressionable...

FIISHHER

Smash Cadet
a couple things i love melee...
1.there is actually a separation bewteen noobs and pros.
2.the adrenalyne i get when it gets to 1 stock and very close match.
3.the adrenalyne i get when i play stoned.
4.AT's are fun to learn and makes the overall funness of the game better.
5.wavedashing looks BA.
6.snake players only have to press the A button to kill someone, which is impossible in melee.

too bad i have only one friend that is as good as me in melee, and he doesnt do any AT's either. in my area there is only 4 people who are good at smash, luckly we are all friends, but 2 of them only like to play the original, and the other one likes to play melee.

about 4-5 other kids suck at melee and only like to play brawl. =/
...got to get a tourny started so i can meet other smashers.

FIISHHER

Smash Cadet
also the memories i have with my friends when we play melee. as far as i know, no memories of brawl in my mind.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
a couple things i love melee...
1.there is actually a separation bewteen noobs and pros.
2.the adrenalyne i get when it gets to 1 stock and very close match.
3.the adrenalyne i get when i play stoned.
4.AT's are fun to learn and makes the overall funness of the game better.
5.wavedashing looks BA.
6.snake players only have to press the A button to kill someone, which is impossible in melee.

too bad i have only one friend that is as good as me in melee, and he doesnt do any AT's either. in my area there is only 4 people who are good at smash, luckly we are all friends, but 2 of them only like to play the original, and the other one likes to play melee.

about 4-5 other kids suck at melee and only like to play brawl. =/
...got to get a tourny started so i can meet other smashers.
You live in NJ, guess who else lives there? Mew2king. There are plenty of amazing smashers in NJ, find their smashfests on the boards and go to them.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
that feeling when your about to crack open your oppenents shield *breaths in heavily and sighs* ahh it feels so GREAT!

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
My favorite thing about melee would be the characters. I was dissapointed to see roy and mewtwo not make it into brawl and roy is my all time favorite smash brothers character

noodles

Smash Champion
my favorite thing about melee is attacking shields with fawx. though i still mess up sometimes :/

noodles

Smash Champion
LOL once i saw you posted in this thread i was like: i bet hes gunna say mewtwo

noodles

Smash Champion
lol theres always more room to improve at brawl too. just may not seem as apperant >.>

Top Bottom