• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

noodles

Smash Champion
well, if your at a point where you cant improve....either MM? or your helpless

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
when someone accidentally crouch cancels my dress swirly thing
I love this as well. I also love it when I get hit by this as jigglypuff so I can immediately rest afterwards. Actually, I really love punishing n00bs with jigglypuff. Crouch cancel sheik's dash attack, punish a link that missed dair (and the L cancel), grab, upB, is charging and arrow, etc. And when kirby n00bs spam the rock move... Just wait next to it... :)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
lol theres always more room to improve at brawl too. just may not seem as apperant >.>
No.

There isn't.
Owned....and toooo true. I improved in Tic Tac Toe. Someone want to Money Match me for

238942390248235023 dollars?!!!!

Im sorry but this is a PRO Melee thread....leave brawl out of this.

MassofthePhoenix

Smash Cadet
For me, my favorite part is really how great it feels to see yourself improve. I just began playing maybe a week and a half ago, but i've been playing/training with real serious players and they really teach you the ropes. to be able to really see just in maybe two games your game improve ( for example, today I really worked on Sheik's ground game, I had to tape down x and y because it became a bad habit of pressing it almost non stop. After about an hour I was really picking it up, and feel much MUCH more confident than before ). Also knowing that no mkatter how good you are there is someone better, which makes one strive to be better.

Cinder

Smash Master
For me, it's that feeling you get when you pull off an amazing combo...that "OH MY GOD!!! DID I REALLY DO THAT?!?!" feeling...which I never got in Brawl...that's what holds me to Melee: the sheer exhiliration of doing combos...

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Hmm...

Falco.

He was so...great.

Actually, maybe not, since I hated waveshining with him, and also you feel guilty if you win because he's pretty broken.

But that's only among important money involved matches.

I'd say...the cloud at Yoshi's Island.

That has saved me so many times as Dr. Mario.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Well, considering you're a Brawler (I'm guessing), your opinion is automatically worthless to me. :/

But I actually do know what I'm talking about.
Melee's ceiling of potential is infinite.

Brawl's is very much set, and already been reached.
AKA, pick Metaknight, auto win.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hmm...

Falco.

He was so...great.

Actually, maybe not, since I hated waveshining with him, and also you feel guilty if you win because he's pretty broken.

But that's only among important money involved matches.

I'd say...the cloud at Yoshi's Island.

That has saved me so many times as Dr. Mario.

Falco is hardly broken. Falco isnt even top tier anymore.

I want to change my favorite thing about Melee from always improving to

-The Fact That It Is Not Brawl. Yum

noodles

Smash Champion
Owned....and toooo true. I improved in Tic Tac Toe. Someone want to Money Match me for

238942390248235023 dollars?!!!!

Im sorry but this is a PRO Melee thread....leave brawl out of this.
lol theres always more room to improve at brawl too. just may not seem as apperant >.>
No.

There isn't.
well, if your at a point where you cant improve....either MM? or your helpless
missed one!!!!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Favorite thing now has to be vicious combos on people who can't keep up. While their friends are saying, "DO SOMETHING!"

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
Its funny to combo people and when you know you are ten times better they can never move lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Well, considering you're a Brawler (I'm guessing), your opinion is automatically worthless to me. :/
I don't play Brawl, but I'm not too much of a butthurt little kid (i.e. you) to recognize that it's a good game. It's just not my cup of tea.

But I actually do know what I'm talking about.
Melee's ceiling of potential is infinite.
Yeah, I can tell you're incredibly knowledgeable about high-level Melee. I mean, it's not like you're a total nobody, right?

Brawl's is very much set, and already been reached.
AKA, pick Metaknight, auto win.
No.

Cinder

Smash Master
I don't play Brawl, but I'm not too much of a butthurt little kid (i.e. you) to recognize that it's a good game. It's just not my cup of tea.
Brawl would have failed had it not had online...I mean, picture it without online, and having the exact same physics engine...just throwing that out there...

Yeah, I can tell you're incredibly knowledgeable about high-level Melee. I mean, it's not like you're a total nobody, right?
Oh, so only big names know anything? Yeah, that's really brilliant logic ya got there...and he is right...Melee has a much bigger learning curve...I mean, it takes months, even years to be any good...

Oh, that's right...Meta-Knight or Snake...ZOMG, F8, how DARE you leave Snake out?!?!one!!!??[/sarcasm] Seriously, where have you been? All I ever hear about is how an MK or a Snake wins tournaments...a lot of people just said "hey, lemme use MK, even though I've never used him before" and got somewhere in a tournament...that never happens in Melee...just because someone uses Fox doesn't mean they'll get past the first round...same goes for any other high-tier character...

Seriously, stooping low enough to use petty insults without using any real logic to back yourself up? You are such an upstanding person[/sarcasm]

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ok listen i dont like brawl either and don't necesarily agree with zoso but can you ****** 07/08ers stop talking to zoso like he doesnt know melee because he has more experience than you 2 can ever possible dream of having ok? thanks.

Cinder

Smash Master
ok listen i dont like brawl either and don't necesarily agree with zoso but can you ****** 07/08ers stop talking to zoso like he doesnt know melee because he has more experience than you 2 can ever possible dream of having ok? thanks.
Oh, so because we joined after you means we're ********? Look, I'm not gonna say I have any more experience than ZoSo, but I sure as hell ain't gonna take **** because I'm "new"...

You should really listen to yourself...where do you get off beating someone down because they haven't been here as long as you have? We may not have been here for long, but we sure as hell know what we're doing...

Ryan-K

Smash Master
uh what?

im not talking about your join date you insecure *******. but you seriously are being dumb if you don't know who zoso is. especially since you live in VA -_-

zoso has BEEN GOING TO TOURNAMENTS. i think i seen him irl lol i dont even remember but he has been around for a long time and im not talking about some board bs either and the fact that you think hes some brawl noob just proves how dumb you are and doesn't help the stereotype either

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
you guessed wrong ******

-_-
That's probably why it was a guess. They have a 50% chance of being wrong. :/
Please, keep childish insults out of this discussion. Kthx. :D

Hmm, considering the average smasher is about 21, I'm far from a little kid.
I'm also wondering how you, after insulting someone over the internet, can call someone /else/ a little kid? :laugh:

It's not a good game. At all. Not even remotely close.

Yes, I am. I've read up on quite a bit.
Never heard of you either btw. :D

Yes. :D

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
My favorite part is that there is tons of room to become a better player and how complex the game is, I also love that the replay value is always high, you never get bored of it if you keep playing and improving.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I love how whenever you start up the game and go to the character select screen you hear "MELEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That brings back so many memories of good times that I've had with my friends, and makes me realize that this game will never get old, as long as you have someone to play it with.:)

Also I find it quite funny when you are comboing someone and totally owning to the point where they can't hardly move, and then they say: "That's cheating!!". lol

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
if you never heard of zoso then you aren't as knowledgable as you think

and people wonder why there's disdain against 08ers...LOL
Glad you're not an elitist or anything.
Didn't win MLG or anything, and haven't seen him place high lately, so why are you on his nuts so hard? :/
I'm sure he's good. I'm sure he's better than me, too.

F8, shut the hell up. You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Kthx.

Smooth Criminal
NO U!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
people don't need to place high to be known.

hes been around for a while and travels and does actually do decent. if you're such a fountain of melee knowledge like you claim you would know him so there was no reason to call him a brawl noob or anything especially since he's a known and respected member of the community

especially since like you know we kind of told you he wasnt a "brawler"

and reading up on melee doesn't mean ****. anyone can read **** but what you see and what you do are way different. i look at like 3/4ths of the melee guides on this site and laugh because they're so outdated.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
people don't need to place high to be known.

hes been around for a while and travels and does actually do decent. if you're such a fountain of melee knowledge like you claim you would know him so there was no reason to call him a brawl noob or anything especially since he's a known and respected member of the community

especially since like you know we kind of told you he wasnt a "brawler"

and reading up on melee doesn't mean ****. anyone can read **** but what you see and what you do are way different. i look at like 3/4ths of the melee guides on this site and laugh because they're so outdated.
"Fountain of Melee knowledge", huh?
Good thing you're not exaggerating. :D

Never called him a Brawl n00b, gtfo.

Yeah, and seeing as I have no videos and haven't placed, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. I'm not even the best in my town.

Why are we arguing about him anyway? o.O

Brawl sucks, that was the point of my original post.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm also wondering how you, after insulting someone over the internet, can call someone /else/ a little kid? :laugh:
Didn't you open this exchange by telling me my opinion is worthless?

It's not a good game. At all. Not even remotely close.
I don't care if you hate it or think it sucks or whatever. Just don't act like you know anything about Brawl at a competitive level.

Yes, I am. I've read up on quite a bit.
Lol.

Never heard of you either btw. :D
Let me put it this way: You haven't heard of me because you suck. I haven't heard of you because you suck.

Try defending your opinions with reasoning and logic and all those other concepts that must seem terribly foreign to an unintelligent person like yourself.

Again, I could care less if you think the game sucks, but you're saying it has no depth, which is wrong.

Cinder: Azen wins with Lucario, Bum wins with DK (and whoever the hell he wants, basically), NinjaLink wins with Diddy, M2K wins with DDD (he plays MK too, of course), Chu wins with Kirby, NEO wins with Marth.

Maybe Meta Knight is in the top spot more often than any of the others, but when was the last time a large Melee tournament was won by a character who wasn't Fox or Marth?

Superryan: Are you confusing me with somebody else? I'm not from VA.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I'm bored. So I guess you win or something?
Anyways.

Yeah. After all this, how bout an on-topic post. :D

My favorite part of Melee has got to be how not every character in the game has the same DI as Jiggz. :laugh:

Top Bottom