• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite thing about Melee?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The fact that its not brawl. Marth Tippers, Falcon moonwalks, and combos in general. =P

Sukai

Smash Champion
My favorite thing about Melee is that Roy is in it.
That's seriously the sole reason I want to play Melee again.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
What I love is that every time you play is an adventure. There are so many ways to go about playing Melee that can all work when correctly applied. Also, the Melee community is simply one of the greatest video gaming communities ever.

where do u get ur samus pictures from i always see really good ones and i dont know where their from..?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I know this will sound weird but apart from the obvious of comboing ability and all the ATs on offer, i also like the size of the characters. Theyre not too big, like they are in brawl, which for some reason, makes the gameplay better 4 me. I actually bought melee after i bought brawl and now i see what i have been missing out on for so many years.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
It sorts the men from the boys. People who can't handle it go and play brawl.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I like the whole If i dont know who you are im pretty sure I can **** you
applies well to local tournies =)
I love that logic.

My favorite thing about Melee is that Roy is in it.
That's seriously the sole reason I want to play Melee again.
Neo's Roy is ridiculously good.

It sorts the men from the boys. People who can't handle it go and play brawl.
**** straight.

senmitsuya

Smash Rookie
my favorite thing is that no matter how many times you play, the same thing never happens twice and no matter how sure you are that you're going to win, it's never over till the fat lady sings (a la JrdnS).
This game offers the best possible (or worst, in terms of becoming addicted) feat... the competitive factor knows no bounds, in regards to the popular exploits. It's such a versatile fighter. It can be played in many different ways. It's a relaxed fighting game, a completists game, and most importantly (thanks to L-canceling/wave-dashing/DI/mindgames), a pro gamers game.

Overload

Smash Lord
Insane replay value, endless hours of fun with friends, fast paced action packed intense gameplay, ton of room for improvement

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's a platformer fighter.

I love platformers, but hate fighters. I can't touch a Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, etc. without raging. But my undieing love for platformers made smash the best competitive game for me.

Now if only there was VS mode Super Metroid...

Rudra

Smash Ace
Too many good things to even state just one

1. Hitstun & Combo ability
2. Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all fun to play as, despite the latter two being "clones".
3. As many others said, Limitless potential
4. Amazing mobility.
5. The pressure/excitement that Brawl DEFINATELY lacks
6. Captain Falcon's Knee of Justice and Victory poses in all of their glory. (Seriously, I honestly though he was going to rip my TV screen open sometimes XD )

....I need to get another copy and practice again before thumbswayup's sig comes true!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Too many good things to even state just one

1. Hitstun & Combo ability
2. Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all fun to play as, despite the latter two being "clones".
3. As many others said, Limitless potential
4. Amazing mobility.
5. The pressure/excitement that Brawl DEFINATELY lacks
6. Captain Falcon's Knee of Justice and Victory poses in all of their glory. (Seriously, I honestly though he was going to rip my TV screen open sometimes XD )

....I need to get another copy and practice again before thumbswayup's sig comes true!
lol

Also, Mario is RIDICULOUSLY fun in Melee. I can't believe it he's so smooth. I've never used him and I don't know what I'm doing and it's still so much fun

Top Bottom