• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What SBR Members Think of Metaknight (DL UP!)

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
so what u guys are saying is that u cant defeat a meta-knight...
*sigh* its no problem to me if the meta-user is good. u say they have no weak points but its not true. hes open when he falls from the sky. big opportunity to give a smash attack. as for the mach tornado. its easy to get hit with but how open he is when he's done makes him an easy target.

maybe im falling on deaf ears because u dont know meta knight as i do. he used to be my main so i know him and his moves way to well to fail against him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you play sucky MKs if they are falling from the sky in freefall as opposed to gliding,

also how od you punish nado if the last hit pops you away too far to do anything.

you just need to play better ppl

@ mr E. you are correct sir.

@TV, yea, he kinda is...

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=o

*sigh* its no problem to me if the meta-user is good. u say they have no weak points but its not true. hes open when he falls from the sky. big opportunity to give a smash attack. as for the mach tornado. its easy to get hit with but how open he is when he's done makes him an easy target.

maybe im falling on deaf ears because u dont know meta knight as i do. he used to be my main so i know him and his moves way to well to fail against him.
Any MK user who happens to have a brain comes down with a glide attack or dair. No openings to attack them.
For the mach tornado, good chance you'll get hit by it because it activates so quickly. If you shield it, the MK will move to your right or left and end it before you can counter-attack, easily d-smashing you if you dash up to him in hopes of exploting the minor landing lag.
Sorry, MK is still broken.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

First off:

Open when he falls from the sky? I mean, if your opponent lets go of the controller as Meta's descending from the sky sure. Then it's safe. But I doubt anybody is going to just leave their controller laying on the ground, so you have one of several different ways Meta can make himself very safe:

N-air, f-air, d-air, Mach Tornado, and Shuttle Loop/ground-canceled glide attack. See how easy that is?

Mach Tornado is punishable? Sure, if the MK player is a complete dunce and doesn't know how to place it. There's very little wind-down lag if the MK player keeps it close to the ground. As a result, it leaves very minimal risk.

Now, I'm all against the Meta banning like you are. But if you want to present a solid case, know what you're talking about beforehand.

Smooth Criminal

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
hmm. what u say is true but can u defeat a meta user? i know i can. included they use these tactics of urs. give me a good meta-user and ill show u.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
hmm. what u say is true but can u defeat a meta user? i know i can. included they use these tactics of urs. give me a good meta-user and ill show u.
M2K, Azen, DSF, Plank, Forte, Rx-, GMoney, Lee...

Think you got what it takes, bud? I'd love to see you take these guys on.

Edit: Oh, and Dojo. *HIGH FIVES MISTER E.*

Smooth Criminal

XienZo

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't accept online, so you're gonna have to do some traveling.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I guess there might be a good but not uber MK or 2 that'll accept online, I mean, I bet a good 25% of smashers are MK now.
Just head over to the battle search thread thingie.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
azen uses everybody. DSF is mainly snake, and who is Rx- and Gmoney? never heard of them.
I know Azen uses everybody; we also know, however, that he is also a competent Metaknight player. I've seen a couple of matches with DSF as MK and he's done pretty well. Rx- and Gmoney are Florida-based Smashers who both use MK and are not half-bad.

*shrugs.*

Smooth Criminal

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I know Azen uses everybody; we also know, however, that he is also a competent Metaknight player. I've seen a couple of matches with DSF as MK and he's done pretty well. Rx- and Gmoney are Florida-based Smashers who both use MK and are not half-bad.

*shrugs.*

Smooth Criminal
well azen is also pretty competent with entire top tier. *shrug*. DSF is snake main, MK on side.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey Youku, by any chance do you know when the podcast will be released for download?
*hopes it wasn't asked before because I'm too lazy to read the other 12 pages of this thread*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey Youku, by any chance do you know when the podcast will be released for download?
*hopes it wasn't asked before because I'm too lazy to read the other 12 pages of this thread*
Ideally within the next couple days after we record it. So you'll definitely be able to hear it in case you can't make it tonight.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ideally within the next couple days after we record it. So you'll definitely be able to hear it in case you can't make it tonight.
Awesome, thanks Youko. I'll probably just miss the beginning, but I don't wanna only hear half, so I'll just wait 'till the podcast.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I wish my MK was as good as those MK mains. Several of my chars are better than my MK like Lucario/Marth/Peach/etc. Maybe I don't spam tornado enough, I dunno, my playstyle just works better with other chars.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
no, hes a snake main. im pretty sure of that. he seconds MK. if he uses MM in axis, does it mean that he mains him? DSF is a snake player, MK secondary
-_- you're wrong, he picked up MK after playing with M2K and copying his style. He's been going all MK or a while now, if you don't know, don't try to correct me

also, lol MM

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
yea hes USING MK, but its not his main. his main is snake. ask him if you like.
whatever, its not important, I don't care, don't respond. If he uses him the most in tourney, thats his main. He counterpicks snake when he's unsure of his MK.

end of argument, no need to spam this thread on an irrelevant topic

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Guys, remember to tune in! Its 1 hour away for the live stream if you want to hear it as its going!

Top Bottom