• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What SBR Members Think of Metaknight (DL UP!)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
My reasoning for anti-ban was that
1. MK isn't unbeatable
2. It's satisfying to beat a MK player because then you KNOW you're better than him :D
^ that's not really a good reason.
This is what I call the "MegaMan argument" ^_^ Just because the better player can overcome a game that is always disadvantaged towards him just because he's smarter, doesn't necessarily mean that always being in that disadvantaged situation is fair or properly competitive. It's uncompetitive that the other player should always have the advantage.

AZ stated in the podcast that leaving MK is good because it makes the other players better. This is a dumb argument that assumes that all the non-MK players will simply become better players than the MK players. If the MK players remain as good or better (Dojo, M2K, etc), then the MK players will keep winning.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It will be a few hours, but the file is in the process of being finalized. Actual debate was two hours, and we're adding our informal discussion of the tier list as an easter egg. Assuming that I can get in contact with the right people to upload the file to the right servers, the file should ideally be available for download later today.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
It's been a day and a few hours since Youko said that, shouldn't it be up for downloading now?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's not on my shoulders if MLG takes their time to get back to me regarding uploading the file properly on iTunes. Plus, I don't want to host it on a common filehosting site to skew statistics. Please show some patience.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
can someone post a :too long didnt download version: of the basic outcome of this debate? one of these three

1. metaknight should be banned
2. metaknight shouldnt be banned
3. no conclusions were made, too early to tell

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
The SBR should encourage tournaments (especially large tournaments) to host MK-free tournies immediately while the MK-ban decision is undertaken, so we can see how things alter.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
So after listening to most of the podcast (you guys got kind of rambly towards the end) I'd have to say the proban side definitely had the stronger argument. Good job. Specially overswarm.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'd like to point out that "dedicated aerials" is why G&W is not a god in Brawl. MK's aren't even comparable in terms of lag. Not becuase G&W is specially laggy, it's because MK is just that fast.

My conclusion from the night I heard it: I'm not even that commited to the ban side, but the points brought up by the anti-ban side were flimsy at best.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
it's much easier to defend the ban MK side on the basis that people are tired of this character and want to see him gone for any reason.
Quite. Listening right now and both sides seem solid. People are just tired of Meta, so of course unless OS was a gibbering mental patient the Pro-Ban side would sound better.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is it just me, or am I ridiculously amazing in all aspects?

And humble, too.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
So it's been almost two weeks since the podcast. Did Overswarm ever make the video explaining everything that he talked about in the podcast?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So it's been almost two weeks since the podcast. Did Overswarm ever make the video explaining everything that he talked about in the podcast?
Yes and No.

It is my contingency plan, should MK not be banned.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yeah... for some reason, the link is broken to me. =O
Is it the same for everyone? Is it just a browser problem(firefox) or is it really broken?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i just listened to it. very good poitns from both sides.

the first five minutes are like WTF lololol

Top Bottom