• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What SBR Members Think of Metaknight (DL UP!)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
God. This is going to be hard to transcribe....

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am still debating whether or not to transcribe this.

:/

Maybe I will split with Ankoku.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wow, good stuff. I felt pro-ban had the stronger argument.

Sinz, I would love you forever if you transcribed... <3 But it's a dang tough job.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll help with the transcription as well. I'll take the beginning (first hour) cuz I missed it.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The first topics were pretty much even. I can't say either side really moved me at all. The last two when OS had to fend for himself were great though. He showed a real understanding for metaknights moves and strategies. I felt that his facts were well researched and he portrayed his argument well. Anti ban did well on those also but OS really stepped it up a notch. The last topic really didn't move me for either side. I felt like there wasn't much content and both sides seemed to stray off of topic which was sad because I really wanted to hear the arguments on that one.

I am leaning more towards the pro ban side now but I still think experimentation is the best way to go.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It sounded like no matter how good Overswarm's arguments were, Panda kept riding the fence in his reviews. I'm looking specifically at the moveset discussion review Panda gave. I thought OS nailed it hard.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
so i herd wichita bi-weekly and i got a semi-shoutout?? what is this madness?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I was the one that IM'd OS on the "Megaman argument". AlphaZealot was suggesting that by leaving MK, thus putting everyone who mains someone else in a disadvantaged situation, the other mains would simply get better because of the fact that they're always at the disadvantage. It's essentially arguing that a good player can safely always fight at a disadvantage and win.

Frankly, it's a really silly theory to me. It works in Megaman games where you can outsmart the game's AI and win despite an absurd disadvantage, but when your opponent is a human being, the ideal is NOT for one set of players- the Metaknights- to always have the advantage and the other players have to be significantly better, not just equal, to overcome them.

XienZo

Smash Lord
When's the download gonna come up? I totally forgot these things happen on the east coast.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It sounded like no matter how good Overswarm's arguments were, Panda kept riding the fence in his reviews. I'm looking specifically at the moveset discussion review Panda gave. I thought OS nailed it hard.
I kinda felt the same way, but I could understand why he'd want to continue to stay neutral despite whichever side felt stronger.

I think both sides did a great job. However, I feel that the pro-ban side felt a little more stronger than the anti-ban side the further down on the topics the chat went into.

Oh, and it sucks that edrees had to take off so soon. I would've loved to hear what he'd have to say on those later subjects.

Overall, great shiz with this podcast guys, looking forward to some Brawl+ talk next time.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kinda felt the same way, but I could understand why he'd want to continue to stay neutral despite whichever side felt stronger.
This was a debate though. Panda can stay undecided if he wants to, and that's fine. His personal stance on the subject shouldn't interfere with his reviews though. Look at the election debates.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This was a debate though. Panda can stay undecided if he wants to, and that's fine. His personal stance on the subject shouldn't interfere with his reviews though. Look at the election debates.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, and I understand it.

D

Deleted member

it's much easier to defend the ban MK side on the basis that people are tired of this character and want to see him gone for any reason.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
edit: OS got it first. >_>

hey, can I use your sig OS?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Negative. They weren't reveiews... they were the shifts in my personal opinion. The entire point of the debate was to convince ME as a smasher that MK should be banned. It was not to say one side won over the other.

Also, I kept in mind counterpoints and arguments that were brought up in other places to some of the points they raised. I didn't want to make the podcast run 2-3 times longer than it did, so I didn't actually verbalize these specific counterpoints.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Negative. They weren't reveiews... they were the shifts in my personal opinion. The entire point of the debate was to convince ME as a smasher that MK should be banned. It was not to say one side won over the other.

Also, I kept in mind counterpoints and arguments that were brought up in other places to some of the points they raised. I didn't want to make the podcast run 2-3 times longer than it did, so I didn't actually verbalize these specific counterpoints.
What the hell!?

Your avatar is a penguin. Switch it back to the panda this instant.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Any idea why your site was suspended? That seemed a little odd to me.

Great job though. The podcast was really fun to watch. I wish I could have been on the other chat also but it just wouldn't come up for me.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'm sorry OS I fell asleep during the final debate but don't get me wrongit was a great debate, did Penguin go with pro ban? :p

Also I like what you guys said about Mario in the beginning, he's a really great character and deserves some more respect. I hope to see him raised up to middle on the teir list. :)

Drecker

Smash Ace
We think he takes a ton of skill to play, and a ton of time to lea-

I couldn't finish that, I'm laughing way too hard. I'd say Metaknight is the Ken of Brawl, but Third Strike has a learning curve.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
As for "Why not?" because allowing public access gives players that future rulings will affect a chance to anticipate changes and such. If the things that happen in the SBR only affected SBR members it would be fine to keep it hidden, but it affects the majority of the community, if not all of them. I still see no real drawback to allowing the SBR to be public viewable.
That and no one is supposed to know about the "Increase Your Post Count Thread"....OH SHI- /0

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

ah, that makes sense. kk

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I still think that there should be two levels to the SBroom. 1st level is reading access. With an instaban or a temp ban if you make a thread like an idiot.

And then the 2nd level which would be posting rights.

I'm SO mad I didn't get to hear most of the debate live. T_T Can't wait for the release. ^_^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the hell!?

Your avatar is a penguin. Switch it back to the panda this instant.
That's no penguin, that's a space st-

I mean, it looks like a ferret or weasel to me.

What was this thread again? Oh yeah, the podcast was interesting. I agree with Overswarm, though I used to be fairly neutral.

My reasoning for anti-ban was that
1. MK isn't unbeatable
2. It's satisfying to beat a MK player because then you KNOW you're better than him :D
^ that's not really a good reason.

My pro-ban reasoning is:
1. MK has no bad matchups or stages
2. Just because MK isn't unbeatable doesn't mean you'll win. If you have an opponent that abuses MK to the fullest extent, well...I've heard that half his attacks come out as fast or faster than Kirby's Jab attack, so um, yeah. Many of them are less punishable as well.
3. Variety? >_> if people are really picking up MK to fight other MKs, and finding that they can simply main him, this game is becoming (more) ********.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There was a point in the debate about MK's moveset that I can not agree with by any means. The anti-ban side said MK's aerials are "dedicated"... Ok so what about the rest of the cast? I guess they're "super-dedicated"?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Its true though, MK's cannot erally pop out most of his aerials twice in one hop.
Uair and Dair but not his other moves. It doesn't mean much though because he can just retreat while using the aerial though not to such a degree as Marth.

Top Bottom