• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate most about melee?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Did you just steal my answer with the OP?

But yeah, I hate how Kirby and the bottom's are so freaking limiting in ability. I also hate Sheik's stupid D-throw.

Overall, I hate the unbalance of "Tops vs. Mids" and "Bottoms vs. Everyone".

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I guess maybe just the smaller character selection. I hope this thread isn't filled with "I hate how it doesn't have (insert Brawl feature)." Melee is still an excellent game. ESPECIALLY considering that it did come out seven years ago. I don't HATE anything about Melee.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Personally, I hate how you can't use the c-stick anywhere except in Vs. Mode. Trying to learn how to smash DI and ASDI off of break the target burners (falco and fox) was pretty annoying, since holding the C-stick up zooms in, to the point where I can't even see where the burner is anymore.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Just two things, how Kirby's pride is destoryed in this game, and the fact that I have to do WD to be good, lol.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Personally, I hate how you can't use the c-stick anywhere except in Vs. Mode.
this is exactly what I was going to say. 1P mode is fun but I can't play it because I do everything with the C-stick.

If you want to be good without WD, pick peach. But really, no johns. WDing isn't that hard.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I hate how you cant use the C stick in training mode ohh and i hate samus' bomb jumping, soooo boring edgeguarding her

Fletch

Smash Master
That theres no lagless online play. :(
This, and not being able to use the C-stick in training mode. Fix those and I would be happy. The character balance isn't really that bad, the bottoms are bad, but the middles compete... at least it's more balanced than Brawl.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
This, and not being able to use the C-stick in training mode. Fix those and I would be happy. The character balance isn't really that bad, the bottoms are bad, but the middles compete... at least it's more balanced than Brawl.
The high/Tops still vastly outperform mids (which leads to people bandwagonning onto the Upper tiers). I just don't like the over abundance of Marth's, Spacies, and Sheik these days (they are simply the best characters for placing in a tourny for newcomers).

NO! I'm not saying Brawl is more balanced.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I hate how theres no online solution finalized yet. and how .... umm.. thats it.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i personally dont want online at all.
it gives people an excuse to not go to tournaments, stay at home and compete online, and confirm the stupid no-social-life gamer stereo type.
Melee with good online play would be the death(or close to death) of the awesome social community that melee has.

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
it gives people an excuse to not go to tournaments, stay at home and compete online, and confirm the stupid no-social-life gamer stereo type.
Melee with good online play would be the death(or close to death) of the awesome social community that melee has.
Agree (to some extent).

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
quoted for epic truth

Mokumo

Smash Ace
The high/Tops still vastly outperform mids (which leads to people bandwagonning onto the Upper tiers). I just don't like the over abundance of Marth's, Spacies, and Sheik these days (they are simply the best characters for placing in a tourny for newcomers).

NO! I'm not saying Brawl is more balanced.
Too true, but it would be great to get some actual competition in my dorm rather than dominating my roommates or level 1 computers all the time. You're right that it would change the tournament experience though, it feels like i raise to a new level of smash playing every time I come back from a tourney.

Race to the finish isn't an event you can play in the stadium.
I would dominate RTF if it were in stadium mode.

There's nothing that I hate about this game but those little things that bother me that everyone else has mentioned. More characters, c-stick in single player, tier unbalances, whatever this game is still amazing.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
I hate that console games cannot be updated. so they're could remove some bugs and balance more the characters, but don't remove glitches which are used in professional play.

and that Roy isn't as good as Marth :( that's probably the biggest failure

Fletch

Smash Master
Eh, it would never be perfect, and thus nothing would ever completely replace real-life tournaments, it would just help more people play and get in practice.

Smash Journeyman
CPUs don't DI well as I'd like them to and you can't use the Cstick in training mode. Can't turn off tap jump. And Falcon's and Ganon's recovery and edgegaurding. Seriously, I shudder every time I see them get gimped effortlessly or their opponents get back onto the stage while being able to do almost nothing about it.

Geist

Smash Master
There are a lot of nit-picky things that I would rather have fixed in melee.
But a big one: I wish computers had a good AI system.

Level 1, and it's some noob, but it actually plays like a noob.
Set it to level 9 and BAM!! Mew2king.

'Cept that's basically impossible. Oh well.

(Also, a camera in 1player mode would be good.)

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
I don't hate a thing about it but I would like to turn off the tap jumping.

Fletch

Smash Master
CPUs don't DI well as I'd like them to and you can't use the Cstick in training mode. Can't turn off tap jump. And Falcon's and Ganon's recovery and edgegaurding. Seriously, I shudder every time I see them get gimped effortlessly or their opponents get back onto the stage while being able to do almost nothing about it.
Ganon's recovery is not bad. I agree with Falcon though.

There are a lot of nit-picky things that I would rather have fixed in melee.
But a big one: I wish computers had a good AI system.

Level 1, and it's some noob, but it actually plays like a noob.
Set it to level 9 and BAM!! Mew2king.

(Also, a camera in 1player mode would be good.)
Is this serious? You think level 9's are good? I can't tell if this is a joke.

Binx

Smash Master
Melee is too **** good, the only thing I dont like about it are me not being better at the game, but I'm still better than 99% of people who will ever play it so it's all good.

Geist

Smash Master
sir, I said if.
hypothetical >_>
lol.

I wish computers had a good AI system.

[hypothitical statement]Level 1, and it's some noob, but it actually plays like a noob.
Set it to level 9 and BAM!! Mew2king.[/hypothetical statement]

Oh well, my fault for not being clear enough I guess.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Neither can I, but I surely remember that the AI in Melee is really easy to read.

And as for my complaint, I would say no bumpers were included in Melee. But from what I can see from Brawl, I think it was a good thing they didn't do that.

Top Bottom