• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate most about melee?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Am I the only one who loves using up to jump? I do for almost all of my double jumps, and a good majority of my full-jumps. Basically anytime that I jump and use an arial except nair I use the control stick to jump and c-stick for the arial.
It should be much less sensitive, though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i personally dont want online at all.
it gives people an excuse to not go to tournaments, stay at home and compete online, and confirm the stupid no-social-life gamer stereo type.
Melee with good online play would be the death(or close to death) of the awesome social community that melee has.
This is the best post you've ever typed chris. lol

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
=]
i agree,
lol but seriously.
smash - gta = ****ing lame as... idk but it would suck **** -_-

edit :just out of curiousity whats my second best? 8D

Fletch

Smash Master
Am I the only one who loves using up to jump? I do for almost all of my double jumps, and a good majority of my full-jumps. Basically anytime that I jump and use an arial except nair I use the control stick to jump and c-stick for the arial.
It should be much less sensitive, though.
**** straight.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I've found a few more things I don't like about melee...

I hate that the game is so good.
Definitely. I mean, I should be getting around to beating other games that I haven't finished or doing homework or studying... but what do I do? I play melee. I can't stop playing and it makes me feel like a loser, lol. I can't stop playing the game.

Also, I hate how the community has so many scrubs who complain about tap jump. (nah, I'm just kidding, it annoys me sometimes too, on the .002% of the time I mess up and accidentally do it instead of a utilt or jc grab/upsmash)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? there's nothing wrong with Melee it's absolutly perfect the way it is!!

Well... not really, just a few more characters and stages would have been nice, roughly about 50 (different, meaning no clones) characters, and at least a few more stages would have made Melee GODLY!

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I only use tap jump for JC'ing my shines, so I'm cool with it. I've also used it occasionally with DJCs, by hitting up on the control stick and then y really quickly, but normally I just hit y twice.

I hate how annoying it was to unlock DK64.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
melee ist real good... 10 chars more wold do it.. and 2 more compettitive stages... but htats all XD

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I hate the fact that when it is cold and my hands are freezing, I can never shield/ roll. I press the shoulder buttons part way, and my hands get stuck in that position :laugh:.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I hate the fact that when it is cold and my hands are freezing, I can never shield/ roll. I press the shoulder buttons part way, and my hands get stuck in that position :laugh:.
My tech skill and overall control of my character drops to dookie level when my hands are really cold.

****, I made a John :/

jmy208

Smash Rookie
The character rehashes. How uncreative, to make Ganondorf, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Marth/Roy have almost identical movesets as another character and make attributes like speed and power the biggest distinctions.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Not being able to play when you have cold hands is a universally accepted john. heh.

Recovering with Falcon while there's a Marth waiting for you at the edge. ._.

Smash Journeyman
The character rehashes. How uncreative, to make Ganondorf, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Marth/Roy have almost identical movesets as another character and make attributes like speed and power the biggest distinctions.
Who cares if their animations are the same. They play entirely differently.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
The thing i hate about melee is how much better it is than brawl and so i never feel like playing brawl because its likeee ummm i can just play melee cause its a million times more amazing!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Who cares if their animations are the same. They play entirely differently.
They're exactly the same with attributes like speed and power the biggest distinctions? Have you played a good fox or falco? they're played completely differently... Same with falcon/dorf and Marth/Roy. Doc and mario are the only ones who are really that close in play style.

It's forgivable since I see that that's your first post. Welcome to the competitive melee community.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'll just say what everyone else has been saying.
They play 100% differently from each other.
The way the attacks hit determine what combo's into what, what's effective and what's not, etc.

jmy208

Smash Rookie
Okay, let me rephrase my post. I hate the rehashed special movesets in the new characters :laugh:

battousai555

Smash Ace
The way the attacks hit determine what combo's into what, what's effective and what's not, etc.
Agreed, but I do think Doc and Mario are a bit too similar.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
oh
i hate how doc has no ****ing reach.
**** mario nd his gay *** fsmash with reach.
and his combo-able uairs. and his slightly better recovery.
</3

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I hate how glitchy some of the stages are. Falling through Pokemon stadium and Corneria is beyond, regardless of how rare it is.

The difference between some of the chars are stupidly small, though. Like Mario and Doc. not enough to justify a new character, imo.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
mario and doc have significant differences,
mario has more reach, more combo ability, better recovery, wall jump, wall jump after up b, his fireballs are better for approaching because then they hit the ground they stay there,

doc has more kill options, his uair cant combo really well but 1 is all thats needed to lead to a kill move.
horrible recovery, pills are better for stopping approaches, gauranteed dthrow >fair on everyone except for samus, doc has a cooler taunt ;D,

the only things that are really the same is their 'b' move set except for neutral b,
and their dair. :S (even the cape and up b's have slightly different properties.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I hate how glitchy some of the stages are. Falling through Pokemon stadium and Corneria is beyond, regardless of how rare it is.

The difference between some of the chars are stupidly small, though. Like Mario and Doc. not enough to justify a new character, imo.
Though I like both Dr. and Mario in their own respects, I agree.

Top Bottom