• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate most about melee?

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. What I hate...Uuuh..eeeh...

Oh yeah!, Mostly just the C stick in Single player, I like most of the stages, Pokefloat is just gold..

If I have to say anything then I would complain about Fox and Shiek in NTSC..(I play PAL) And that they nerfed Ganondorfs fair.. Other than that, It's the perfect game in my eyes

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i hate that skeik is soo dumb anyone can just pick her up spam the c and win..the best skeik in the world sucks cuz he just mostly spams d smash ..he has the worst play style..but yet he owns all the other pros..

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
lol wtf, Sheik's smashes aren't that great; her Dsmash is good for crouch canceling I guess and her Usmash is great on tipper but they're not exactly spammable, and her Fsmash just blows.

... What Skeik Sheik pro are you even talking about? The only one that even remotely fits that description is Drephen, and he's not anywhere near the top.

lol wtf, Sheik's smashes aren't that great; her Dsmash is good for crouch canceling I guess and her Usmash is great on tipper but they're not exactly spammable, and her Fsmash just blows.

... What Skeik Sheik pro are you even talking about? The only one that even remotely fits that description is Drephen, and he's not anywhere near the top.
I think he was trying to say Drephen and slightly exaggerated the spamming part.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Also something I hate and love is the battlefield edges. Sometimes they gimp you, sometimes they gimp your opponent etc.

Also, invisible ceiling sucks too.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
yhea invisible ceiling is stupid/gay. Phantom hits aswell.
Stupid things, I'm glad they're so rare that they don't bother the game that much.

I hate the ships on corneria.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
yhea invisible ceiling is stupid/gay. Phantom hits aswell.
Stupid things, I'm glad they're so rare that they don't bother the game that much.

I hate the ships on corneria.
Are you kidding me? I was playing a friendly match when I hit a phantom tipper @ 70% on Yoshi's Story. Gay. I swear i only ever hit phantom hits when I'm about to kill the opponent.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
i think the thing that really makes me rage the hardest is that whenever i play falcon and try to jab->grab, when i hit Z to grab after the first jab, i always flub the timing and just jab again. Everytime I play falcon, its the worst.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Are you kidding me? I was playing a friendly match when I hit a phantom tipper @ 70% on Yoshi's Story. Gay. I swear i only ever hit phantom hits when I'm about to kill the opponent.
I run into about two phantom hits every session of smash I play, and I really dont like them, most of the time I can get away before my opponent can realize it was a phantom and capitalize on it.

PCHU

Smash Lord
it's deadtenchars
Melee will be
Still Alive
When Brawl is dying it'll be
Still Alive
When n00bs are crying it'll be
Still Alive
Even when they're trying to make
A Smash 5
Melee will be
Still Alive

I made it up on AiB.

I hate that Fox practically breaks everyone's potential of doing anything.
I mean, look at him.
Silent Wolf has shown us how much of a broken beast Fox can be.
Against someone with that much tech skill, well, players pretty much have to hope and pray they find an opening for attack.

And there is no Wolf.
I know that this isn't Brawl, but Wolf would have rocked.

I dunno; besides those things, Melee was just fine.
Wavedashing was awesome for showing off.
No tripping.
L-canceling made for smoother gameplay.
No tripping.
Combos weren't easy, but they weren't ridiculously difficult either (well, for those of us who have above average tech skill).
And no tripping.

Foxy

Smash Master
The only things that aren't perfect about Melee, because they feel like the other player really didn't have to work very hard to beat you:

1. Playing against a Jiggs that isn't great, but can still space annoyingly well
2. Playing against a Fox that isn't great but runs around looking for usmashes at KO %

I don't mean to john; both are just playing to win. But, for example, when a good Marth utilt combos me, I don't feel cheated: it took good judgment to get me in that position and punish it properly. Or uthrow-rests with Jiggs, which just feel like capitalizing on opportunities rather than being annoying.

In the two situations I named I just always feel that the other player should be working on other tech skill and mindgames rather than sitting at their mid-skill level abusing things that are easy to do at any level. It just stops them from being forced to get better in other ways.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The only things that aren't perfect about Melee, because they feel like the other player really didn't have to work very hard to beat you:

1. Playing against a Jiggs that isn't great, but can still space annoyingly well
2. Playing against a Fox that isn't great but runs around looking for usmashes at KO %

I don't mean to john; both are just playing to win. But, for example, when a good Marth utilt combos me, I don't feel cheated: it took good judgment to get me in that position and punish it properly. Or uthrow-rests with Jiggs, which just feel like capitalizing on opportunities rather than being annoying.

In the two situations I named I just always feel that the other player should be working on other tech skill and mindgames rather than sitting at their mid-skill level abusing things that are easy to do at any level. It just stops them from being forced to get better in other ways.
utilt juggling with marth is hard

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I had a good time at Axxo's.

Timmerbomb is really good, and pretty cool as well. The most up-and-coming melee player I've seen recently.

Sybawave, I won't soon forget those shines XD You're the shine master. I probably won't be able to get any sleep tonight.

Gabe's mom: You were the best player there ;)

Sethlon: **** you.

Axxo, thank you good sir for providing a location, good hosting.
Wrong thread...?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lolz

marth has way too much hitstun

peach sucks at running

so many stages favoring fox/falco

people who camp and think they're good

zelda being garbage

Top Bottom