• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Falcon, the manliest character in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewster

Smash Lord
I posted this on the offical falcon potentional sig but I will post it here again:

I think that captain falcon's potentionals lie not in advanced comboing, but in basic comboing. Just think aout it, stop doing all those fancy combo's and just stick to the simple one's. Then , either, lure them off stage and bamm the knee comes out (or any other good arials,Up,Down,Back)! or wait for a chance and falcon punch them or just go on racking up damage till you have enough for a smash.There I hope you liked it. Just you wait, a advanced tecnique(you should use these, ONLY IF YOU HAVE MASTERED THEM and they are usefull in the situation) that can beat MK will be found, then who'll be laghing, not snake thats for sure!

Hope you liked it.

crewster

Smash Lord
come on you guys, it's as if there are only 3 active falcon players on these boards. I posted ^this^ two weeks ago and there hasn't been a reply. WTF?

Mit

Smash Ace
This isn't the only active thread on the board.

And I fail to see the purpose of this thread anymore. We already have other discussion threads open. I understand this thread was created by bigwigs or whatever, but they've already left, and now this is just sitting here taking up space.

And your comment just sounded like a bunch of common sense. No one's concentrating on advanced combos because there aren't any in Brawl. There are hardly any combos at all, especially for Falcon (really, we've only discovered like, two combos, one type of which only works on certain characters. And both of those combos are two hit combos). You just have to rack up damage, never let your defense down, and go for safe kills to keep your damage low.

And you should never try finishing off an opponent with a Falcon punch, unless you have a perfect opportunity to use one. Trying to kill with knees should be used sparingly as well. It doesn't sound like you've played any really good opponents.

Oh and, your previous post in this thread was made 4 days ago, not two weeks ago.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Who cares? There aren't many Falcon players for the reason being that he isn't that good. He can pull off some amazing combos, but he is weaker and his stronger attacks are hard to hit with, leaving him with no killing moves.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Who cares? There aren't many Falcon players for the reason being that he isn't that good. He can pull off some amazing combos, but he is weaker and his stronger attacks are hard to hit with, leaving him with no killing moves.
Lawd. Apparently you don't know how to play as Falcon or well at least. Its not his lack of kill moves but his priority, approach, and such that make him suck. Also whats with the unnecessary "weaker"? It doesn't fit into that sentence. Kind of just like you wanted to add emphasis that he sucks and didn't know where to add it so you put it there.

And there are many C Falcon players, in fact its almost surprising how many people actually play him when he is called the "suckiest character in the game".

Anywho, you probably won't see this so k thnx byz.

crewster

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is fun to play as. I played falcon because he was fun and then I lost my touch with my old main (toon link). Anyway, Falcons main weakness is his potentianal.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqnqPGFi2uc

while it's against CPUs, it's still something to try and emulate...

other than that, looks like falcon is roughly the same as in melee, just feels slower. also, side B over the edge is excellent since it doesn't result in your death anymore.

i esp like at 3:00 against lucario, that looks like a practical way to edgeguard
I've seen this vid before, it's great. Even though it's against computers, it still shows possible combos that can be done.

crewster

Smash Lord
What I do is I wait for a oppening(Dash Attack, Grab, Etc.) and then jab spam, that way keeping the kill moves fresh and getting the percentage up. Then I grab them and Knee (ocasionaly punch) them. There, 1 cheap stock, do that again and again and then you have a rap(It's not a fun way to play falcon, it's quite boring, but it's effective:)).

Also:
I posted this on the offical falcon potentional thread but I will post it here again:

I think that captain falcon's potentionals lie not in advanced comboing, but in basic comboing. Just think aout it, stop doing all those fancy combo's and just stick to the simple one's. Then , either, lure them off stage and bamm the knee comes out (or any other good arials,Up,Down,Back)! or wait for a chance and falcon punch them or just go on racking up damage till you have enough for a smash.There I hope you liked it. Just you wait, a advanced tecnique(you should use these, ONLY IF YOU HAVE MASTERED THEM and they are usefull in the situation) that can beat MK will be found, then who'll be laghing, not snake thats for sure!

Hope you liked it.
I was a noob when I posted this

Mit

Smash Ace
Yes. You should be landing the knee more often than the punch >_>

Also, getting stuff like a turnaround Falcon punch after tricking your opponent is immensely rewarding.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Lawd. Apparently you don't know how to play as Falcon or well at least. Its not his lack of kill moves but his priority, approach, and such that make him suck. Also whats with the unnecessary "weaker"? It doesn't fit into that sentence. Kind of just like you wanted to add emphasis that he sucks and didn't know where to add it so you put it there.

And there are many C Falcon players, in fact its almost surprising how many people actually play him when he is called the "suckiest character in the game".

Anywho, you probably won't see this so k thnx byz.
Im pretty sure people just play him because he sucks. Even I play him sometimes. He is fun to play as, but not good to use in a tournament. And I mentioned killing moves because that is the most easily seen nerf from melee.

xsonicx13

Smash Rookie
that iceclimbers player wasn't very good. regardless, i thinkwe all know captain is low/bottom tier, but we're afraid to say it this early.
no approach, predictable when he does, you can airdode out all his "combos", and his recovery can still be jewed.
the funny thing about that is that it was a computer player probably on level 1

Tenki

Smash Hero
the funny thing about that is that it was a computer player probably on level 1
Well, what a way to get a first post.

---------IN CONTEXT!----------

Another notable Falcon player is RoyR. He mains Marth and he's probably the best player in TX, but his fool around character is Falcon. He took a round from Melee1 in tourney finals with Falcon (against ICs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2IYvnjn5A
that iceclimbers player wasn't very good. regardless, i thinkwe all know captain is low/bottom tier, but we're afraid to say it this early.
no approach, predictable when he does, you can airdode out all his "combos", and his recovery can still be jewed.
He's obviously talking about the Ice Climbers in that tournament video, Melee1. Who isn't a level 1 computer.

Try again next time?

smashking420

Smash Cadet
ummmm falcon punch, knee, dair, are awesome kill moves and he has combo and not two to three combos ether. and he does not suck because you guys play melee stan-ders and not brawl stan-ders and he is pro.

JCav

Smash Lord
im having a tourney with all my friends with just captain falcon to prove who is the best in our crew.

i personally the best falcon in a crew is a very prestigious award

its gonna be fun, just thought id share that awesomeness

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It would be too ****ing awesome if Falcon had a (unmasked-costume) "J
Don't get me wrong.. I still love his mask : )

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Those who abandoned Falcon were never truly his fans and don't deserve to bask in the glory of his manliness.

At least Falcon remained a fun character as opposed to so much of the cast. His "combos" now all have to do with reading the opponent. Yes, at times it's quite difficult. But it's easily possible. For example, at low percents, his downthrow can go into uair if they don't airdodge. If they do, raptor boost totally catches them. So predict and read away.

Also, this video is all that's needed to keep your faith in the good Captain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPxFCsrWtKc

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
What poeple are saying are all smoke and mirrors^^^I agree. Falcon is just the HARDEST character to use. Once you master him he isn't all that bad, he's never going to be a Metaknight if you know what I mean but maybe that's a good thing... Give it time. Time heals all wounds and my prayers are with Captain Falcon in his time of need.

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
It's so sad that Captain Falcon got nerfed so badly in brawl, he used to be one of my mains in melee

mimic_king

Smash Lord
He isn't that hard to win with. People just aren't using him right. Have you seen Isai play? He doesn't seem to be having a problem.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
One day, Falcon will rise to the top. Just use him melee style. Of course in melee he was really strong, but just do the same thing in this game, except it will take longer.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
One day, Falcon will rise to the top. Just use him melee style. Of course in melee he was really strong, but just do the same thing in this game, except it will take longer.
In melee he had priority, and combos and killing ability. In Brawl, he has none of these as well as no favorable matchups (Falcon had many in melee), as well as not being the fastest character and a terrible sweetspot on fair now. Anyone who says he will rise to the top is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom