• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Falcon, the manliest character in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Anyone who says he will rise to the top is delusional.
Look who's talking. You play Jigglypuff, who is ranked higher on the tier list, but tiers are for queers. I am not delusional. I know that Falcon is potentially powerful. It's just really hard to find that power. He may not be able to beat Llamacario, Mewtwo, or Magikarp - also known as the gods of smash - but Falcon still owns.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Look who's talking. You play Jigglypuff, who is ranked higher on the tier list, but tiers are for queers. I am not delusional. I know that Falcon is potentially powerful. It's just really hard to find that power. He may not be able to beat Llamacario, Mewtwo, or Magikarp - also known as the gods of smash - but Falcon still owns.
No, Jigglypuff actually has some potential. She's highly debated about her placement because unlike Falcon, she actually has some ability to do pseudo combos and rack up damage as well as some priority. And she has a better matchup against MK than a fair amount of the roster (albeit terrible ones on Falco and G&W and a fairly bad one on Marth), as well as she can hold her own on Dedede. Falcon can't do any of these.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
He can if I say he can. Everything goes by my whim. Anarchy. It's the government of this forum, and any other forum that I'm a member of.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Okay, I didn't apologize, but oh well.

Will Falcon one day win against the Gods of Smash?

mimic_king

Smash Lord
It's all psychological. Falcon is just really tired from using too much amazingness in melee that he is slacking off in this game. He will come back in an update. I wish.

smashking420

Smash Cadet
What poeple are saying are all smoke and mirrors^^^I agree. Falcon is just the HARDEST character to use. Once you master him he isn't all that bad, he's never going to be a Metaknight if you know what I mean but maybe that's a good thing... Give it time. Time heals all wounds and my prayers are with Captain Falcon in his time of need.

yup he is, and some of harder characters to use HAVE A LOT OF POTENTIAL. ANNND the fact that this game came out not to long ago, i expect him to be bashed a lot.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This has been here long enough.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
Synopsis:

There was a significant lack of discussion in this thread because there wasn't much to debate. The long and short of it is simply thus: Captain Falcon is bad. Manly, but bad.

His aerials all are great for racking damage (even the weak knee, which combos into other things), his jab gives him shine-esque interrupt ability, his u-smash does a large amount of damage, and his other smashes KO. Falcon even has a dair to knee combo on the entire cast! Since his up+b doesn't give the opponent their 2nd jump back anymore, it can be a viscious, albeit risky, edgeguarding tool

However, his aerials don't combo into one another very well due to the lack of hitstun and his smashes are very difficult to land. The knee, his only reliable kill move in the air, is difficult to land on a moving opponent. His recovery, while better than in Melee, is still easily gimped. While Falcon isn't light by any means, his weight does little to help him because of this easily gimped recovery.

Falcon is bad. Low tier easily, and takes a tremendous amount of skill to use at a high level of play. It is POSSIBLE to continually abuse what little strengths Falcon has to win a match... but it is unlikely, especially since Falcon does so poorly against the most prominent tournament characters such as Metaknight, Snake, and ROB.

*Facepalm*

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I wish they'd posted a new C.Falcon discussion for the current tier list.
Every time there are one of these types of threads, they get off topic really fast and result in waves of spam. These threads attract other character board members b/c they are broad, and ask for opinions on the character, which is a n00b and spam magnet.

I would say avoid it all. We can make a social group that talks about that type of stuff. Yet only for the falcon backroom members or something.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Every time there are one of these types of threads, they get off topic really fast and result in waves of spam. These threads attract other character board members b/c they are broad, and ask for opinions on the character, which is a n00b and spam magnet.

I would say avoid it all. We can make a social group that talks about that type of stuff. Yet only for the falcon backroom members or something.
I'm talking about an official SBR thread that at leasts outlines or quotes the main posts regarding Falcon's postion, so that we can respond to their arguments or at least know how informed/uninformed they may be

And there is a Falcon Backroom....

Player-3

Smash Hero
I'm talking about an official SBR thread that at leasts outlines or quotes the main posts regarding Falcon's postion, so that we can respond to their arguments or at least know how informed/uninformed they may be

>_______________________________________________________________________>

i believe its a ****** backroom

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
>_______________________________________________________________________>

i believe its a ****** backroom
haha

i bet they think falcon is trash, belongs in bottem tier, and has no potential

Player-3

Smash Hero
JIGGLYPUFF IS MANLIER THAN FALCON ZOMG HAXOR NUBCAKES
FLAMEFLAMEFLFAMFLFEMFLAMFLMALFELFAMFLELAFMLFMALFMALFML
TROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLL
Q_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_QQ_Q
i think that sums this thread up...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

It can be a ****** back-chat room! lol

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Skill and knowledge of Falcon can fill the tier gap

Many of you have just lost your faith in the Good Captain.. I will tell you my story. I got obsessed with him being the worst character. I wanted to try him out to see how weak he was and how strong could I become with him... I enjoy him as a funny and manly character.. it just feels so nice to win with him.. I had some problems when I started using him.. I worked my way up.. and I started to understand his weaknesses and strengths ... I never used him much in N64 or Melee so I never compare him to his old self..
I found this: I like how he runs so fast and I can be where I want in no time.. He is quite agile in the air too and has some fast attacks on mid-ar (Uair, Bair, Nair) and other strong attacks (Dair, Fair) . He is not a light character, and can move pretty fast and has powerful attacks on the ground ( Fsmash, Dsmash ) , medium speed/power attacks (Utilt, Ftilt, Dtilt) and some fast options (Dash attack, Usmash and jabs). He seems a pretty balanced character to me.. I mean he's got a mix of speed and power not many characters have .. His B moves are pretty usable .. even in 1 vs 1 . Falcon Punch has a short ending lag so if you take care of your starting lag.. you can try it sometimes and may catch your opponent off-guard and kill him at low percentage.. Side-B can be mixed nicely on your offensive.. If you do it on the ground and your opponent blocks.. you get no ending lag and can follow up.. if he dodges you end up in the ground and vulnerable.. but.. you can mix it with an low air side B and that has no ending lag.. but if they block you are vulnerable for a little while in the air.. its your choice.. Falcon kick can surprise people and its good on multiplayer matches.. (just take care of your ending spot). I use Up B efficiently in many matches.. and kill quite well with it.. His recovery doesn't seem bad to me.. I often surprise edguarding opponents with sideB and I launch them to hell with it... Honestly I am usually more into multiplayer matches and item matches and I find that I can win with him as with any other character.. When I am 1 vs 1 no items I can also defend myself pretty well. I will still use him and defy this bottom tier myth.. I find him stronger than many ( Mario, Jiggly, Ganondorf, Bowser, Wolf ) . But that could be just me..
My last words.. Falcon may be bottom tier but that doesn't mean he will loose miserably against top tier characters... the advantage is not that big.. I fight random people on the internet that are as skilled as I am overall and I win as often as them with the Captain.. so don't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom