• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
You only need the game for a total of about 3 minutes. All it is used for is to install the Homebrew Channel which lets you run Ocarina to use the codes.

Pretty much you just set up an SD card with the right files/folders, copy over a hacked TP savegame to your Wii, start TP, load up the hacked save file, and talk to the guy right in front of you. The Homebrew Channel installs, and you're ready to use it whenever you want.

If you don't have TP... just rent it... or borrow it from somebody.
rent it! that's freakin brilliant dude lol
i should start counting up pop cans then, i can't even count how many times i've wanted to wavedash in brawl.

one more question though, this wont damage anything will it? or should i try backing up my saves and stuff first?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
rent it! that's freakin brilliant dude lol
i should start counting up pop cans then, i can't even count how many times i've wanted to wavedash in brawl.

one more question though, this wont damage anything will it? or should i try backing up my saves and stuff first?
You can back up your saves really easily, so it's not that big of a deal. I've never had any problems with data corruption, though, so I guess it's just if you want to take the precaution. If you need help setting anything up, just contact me. (:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well I request I code that turns off the activity in A level......or is there already that code??

BTW the movie finally is finished.....and I official hate youtube now..
It taked endless to get to 100% than, it didn't go any further..
I'm sorry for the guys who wanted the movie so much :'(..
And still this is Part 1.........maybe there is no part 2..
There's already a code like that, just put level speed to 0.

Also you're supposed to wait when it gets to 100% on YouTube. Wait about 15 minutes.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
You can back up your saves really easily, so it's not that big of a deal. I've never had any problems with data corruption, though, so I guess it's just if you want to take the precaution. If you need help setting anything up, just contact me. (:
alright cool beans

you sold twilight princess for brawl? LOL

what a HORRIBLE move
if you think that's bad then get ready to laugh...
i sold melee too =(
(and like 5 other games)

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Oh goody, now Bowser and Ganondorf can suck even more. Slow characters get destroyed by wave dashes. Unless we get really lucky, that is, and wave dashing Ganondorf resembles his Melee self. I'm eager to see a tourney with this on.
That is where you are wrong. Ike's wavedash is incredible he has so many choices, The only exception is his dsmash it stops his momentum. My hands are shaking. This has never happened to me before.

Also Bowser's is pretty good if you do his ->b claw he bounces high enough to waveland afterwards.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
lol, don't get used to it. Once you're back to wavedash-less brawl you'll die.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Could someone tell what I need to input the code for wavedashing....
A Wii modded with The Homebrew Channel and the Ocarina app. I think there is a bug though with Ocarina (?) so you also need Gecko OS in order to properly load the game with the Ocarina codes.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
... the videos not removed, its just not done processing as i said. i knew i shouldnt have posted the link till it was done processing -_-

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
can you use this without buying anything or do you need a modchip
Modchip isn't needed, but you need to get the hacked Z:TP save state in order to install the homebrew channel + GeckoOS and Ocarina.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This is frightening. I'm getting worried that this, alongside similar future hacks like L-Cancelling, won't bring the Melee community to Brawl, but will divide the Brawl community in half... Like, all of the real competitive players will be using these new advancements, and the rest of us without this hack will be left behind. I don't know the first thing about a Twilight OS Gecko Homebrew blah blah blah, so I'd have no way to practice wavedashing, or practice fighting someone who wavedashes. Our club usually includes hacks in tournaments (well, just the one for anti-tripping...), so I wouldn't be surprised if this was included in the next one. And I just feel like I'd stand even less of a chance of placing well going up against Melee mechanics... I thought I finally stood a chance of getting to a reasonable skill level with the release of Brawl, but it seems that's all gone down the drain now.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just paranoid. But I think there could be more to this whole thing than a lot of people are realizing right now.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
So i just watched the 12 minute demonstrational vid, and samus's is **** compared to others. Give her SWD lol.

Nice find, good for friendlies with people that just wont accept brawl.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Gecko?

All you need is Twilight Princess and an SD card. Installing the Homebrew Channel takes about 30 seconds. I have this on my Wii.
GeckoOS is an application that emulates the Gecko, I believe. It's what is used to boot the games after you have used the Ocarina codes. I think it's 'cause Ocarina has a bug that won't let it load games by itself.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
2) If you are Zelda, and choose her on the select screen, you can wavedash with her, but if you change to Sheik, she can't..
The same problem with, Pokemon Trainer and Samus..
But if you turn back to Zelda again, she still can wavedash (it only count for the starting character)..
This is something I noticed, too. I think the code needs to be modified so that the moveset with airdodge loads every time a moveset is loaded. The issue is that the current version only loads at the beginning of the match.

This might make transformation times take a while, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom