• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing wasn't meant to be in Melee. Brawl fixed that. I think people just jump on the "Brawl Sucks" bandwagon like they jump on the "Windows Vista Sucks" bandwagon.

Yeah, Vista sucks, but Brawl needs to be given more of a chance. No offense to pros like Gimpy and Simna, but too many people take what they say and treat it likes it's fact. Their not gods, people, they're regular guys like you and I.

And if you think I'm a ranting "n00b" with no skill, I've beaten Simna before, so bleh to you. -_-;
First off, Vista doesn't suck. I love it. )': Although I am running a quad-core processor with 4GB of RAM... so I don't have any problems with performance.

ANYWAY. I agree with you that people tend to jump on bandwagons, but why should that mean that wavedashing shouldn't be in Brawl? If you don't like it, don't use it. I know a lot of people that dislike Brawl might give it a chance now. However, there are people like me who still love Brawl, but stopped playing it... but THIS brings me back. I will probably start playing every day now.

And I don't see how people can say "Wavedashing wasn't meant to be in Melee." Just because it wasn't programmed with the intent of it being in there and being so useful doesn't mean it wasn't completely uncalled for. The programmers obviously didn't mean to put it in, but they left it in... meaning there is nothing saying it was NOT supposed to supposed to exist. If it wasn't meant to be in Melee, they would have taken it out. Plain and simple.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
And if you think I'm a ranting "n00b" with no skill, I've beaten Simna before, so bleh to you. -_-;
sorry i didn't clarify but my statement was meant more for the dumb quote with "ike beating lightweights" quote which basically started a domino effect of people posting "this" like idiots.

not to sound bad but nothing can fix brawl unless you were to tweak each individual character.

with hitstun snake suddenly gains a ftilt infinite on grounded chars

mk becomes like 10 times more broken.

brawl could only be balanced by small individual changes at a time, not sweeping physics changes

ps I have vista and i dont hate it even though i was given the chance to use xp. i hate things because they don't cater to my tastes not because of other people. I gave brawl a chance.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
First off, Vista doesn't suck. I love it. )': Although I am running a quad-core processor with 4GB of RAM... so I don't have any problems with performance.

ANYWAY. I agree with you that people tend to jump on bandwagons, but why should that mean that wavedashing shouldn't be in Brawl? If you don't like it, don't use it. I know a lot of people that dislike Brawl might give it a chance now. However, there are people like me who still love Brawl, but stopped playing it... but THIS brings me back. I will probably start playing every day now.

And I don't see how people can say "Wavedashing wasn't meant to be in Melee." Just because it wasn't programmed with the intent of it being in there and being so useful doesn't mean it wasn't completely uncalled for. The programmers obviously didn't mean to put it in, but they left it in... meaning there is nothing saying it was NOT supposed to supposed to exist. If it wasn't meant to be in Melee, they would have taken it out. Plain and simple.
When I play Melee, I wavedash, because I can.

When I play Brawl, I don't. I don't complain either way.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey, guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Don't airdodge in the air with ROB if you have this on.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Revven

FrankerZ
Edit: According to Falco400, the Earthbounders have long wavedashes, and since I tried out Lucas when I first started, I was probably just doing it wrong. :3 EVEN BETTER
Well, it's not EXTREMELY long like Luigi long. It's about close to Mario's WD for both Lucas and Ness, maybe a little longer or a little shorter in length compared to Mario's. All I know is, theirs are at least average or above average. You'll see what I mean I suppose whenever I get my video up (it's going to be 2 to three parts at least... *sigh*) I probably won't even get it up tonight at the rate Part 1 is compressing... But, I did do some cool "combos" with this on.

ph00tbag said:
Hey, guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Don't airdodge in the air with ROB if you have this on.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEP
Already known, Phantom Wings is fixing it, give the man some time plz. :p

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I know this will never be allowed at major tournaments and circuits, but as for side tournaments, it's a slight possibility maybe.
.....What about Yoshi? His defensive maneuver for Recovering is stripped from him >.>
============

....L canceling would be cool and not lame though =P.

L-canceling would definitely be fun.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
sorry i didn't clarify but my statement was meant more for the dumb quote with "ike beating lightweights" quote which basically started a domino effect of people posting "this" like idiots.

not to sound bad but nothing can fix brawl unless you were to tweak each individual character.

with hitstun snake suddenly gains a ftilt infinite on grounded chars

mk becomes like 10 times more broken.

brawl could only be balanced by small individual changes at a time, not sweeping physics changes

ps I have vista and i dont hate it even though i was given the chance to use xp. i hate things because they don't cater to my tastes not because of other people. I gave brawl a chance.
This could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship.

Matt07

Smash Master
Sorry if this might come off as a stupid question but I'm just curious to know, when Mario has his FLUUD on does it affect his physics at all?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's all about implication.

Saying it couldn't fix the mess that is brawl implies that it does something but is so insignificant it's basically useless.

Eg.
We are giving in 20 million into the economy to save it (fictional)
not even 20 million dollars could fix the mess that is our economy.

Your either 1) saying the thing is completely useless
b) saying it has use but it's insignificant.

B is a terrible outlook, and A isn't much better (better though) because they both imply that something was in a terrible state.

Brawl isn't in a terrible state, and it's not a mess.
A mess is superman 64.
A mess is CD-I games.
A mess is what you see if you go to my room.
Things are scattered out and it looks terrible.
Brawl isn't like that.
It's just less focused on certain aspects that melee was focused on and has a different physics engine which in turn makes it a different game.

Anyways im dropping this here, I'm going to avoid any melee vs brawl thing if I can help it =P.
It's not a Brawl vs Melee argument, it's all Brawl. Brawl has way more problems than something like WDing could ever fix: lack of hitstun, easy peasy recovery, terrible character balance just to name a few. If anything WDing might only make it worse.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
When I play Melee, I wavedash, because I can.

When I play Brawl, I don't. I don't complain either way.
But now you can. So are you going to? This isn't to say you have to CHOOSE between wavedashing and not wavedashing. I know I will still play both versions, I will just favor the hacked one.

(Not meant to be argumentative or anything, I'm actually just curious)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Wait question.

Is it even plausible to really give individual changes like hitstun?
I know some individual stuff can be done but Hitstun? Can that be done individually?

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
But now you can. So are you going to? This isn't to say you have to CHOOSE between wavedashing and not wavedashing. I know I will still play both versions, I will just favor the hacked one.

(Not meant to be argumentative or anything, I'm actually just curious)
Sure no prob, no one wants an online fight, they're dumb. But to answer your question, if a hacked Brawl was to become tournament standard, I'd keep to not wavedashing. I dunno, I have a thing for handicaps, and low tier characters.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait question.

Is it even plausible to really give individual changes like hitstun?
I know some individual stuff can be done but Hitstun? Can that be done individually?
It's possible, but likely? Maybe wayyyy in the future.

EDIT: Augh. Too fast. Guys are posting in this like hella quick.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
This could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
lol well its good we cleared this **** up cuz of my laziness to quote actual quotes >_>

but yeah i don't think brawl can be fixed, i hate the physics as much as the next guy but adding random melee stuff will just make it way worse, so I just think people should just suck it up if they wanna play.

however, this philosophy doesn't necessarily extend to the no tripping code which really has no repercussions on balance lol

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Sure no prob, no one wants an online fight, they're dumb. But to answer your question, if a hacked Brawl was to become tournament standard, I'd keep to not wavedashing. I dunno, I have a thing for handicaps, and low tier characters.
Well I don't mean it to be a tournament standard, either way is fine. And everyone knows it CAN'T become tournament standard, since not everybody has a hacked Wii.

But I too really enjoy low-tier characters. Wavedashing REALLY helps out Sonic. Kind of helps Bowser with retreating from attacks while he's in the air, as air-dodging backwards is kind of an instant spacing technique for him, from what I've gathered.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
lol well its good we cleared this **** up cuz of my laziness to quote actual quotes >_>

but yeah i don't think brawl can be fixed, i hate the physics as much as the next guy but adding random melee stuff will just make it way worse, so I just think people should just suck it up if they wanna play.

however, this philosophy doesn't necessarily extend to the no tripping code which really has no repercussions on balance lol
Exactly. You get a cookie. Hmm, all this smash debate...makes me wanna put wavedashing in Soul Calibur.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Ugh why do people insist on melee 2.0... This is just going to wind up hurting brawl or having no effect. There is no way that every brawl player is going to hack thier wiis and use this, not to mention the characters that freeze the wii. This really just should be considered a fun project and nothing serious. Brawl is brawl. Melee is melee. I dont care what anyone says otherwise, i think brawl is a better game because you do not need to rely on glitchs/at's to stand a chance during gameplay. The only real problems with brawl are character imbalance and tripping, this is not needed.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Ugh why do people insist on melee 2.0... This is just going to wind up hurting brawl or having no effect. There is no way that every brawl player is going to hack thier wiis and use this, not to mention the characters that freeze the wii. This really just should be considered a fun project and nothing serious. Brawl is brawl. Melee is melee. I dont care what anyone says otherwise, i think brawl is a better game because you do not need to rely on glitchs/at's to stand a chance during gameplay. The only real problems with brawl are character imbalance and tripping, this is not needed.
If Melee 2.0 isn't going to affect anything, then why do you care so much? Of course not every Brawl player is going to have a hacked Wii, but at the same time I don't think anybody is asking for this to be a tournament standard, in which to participate you would have to of practiced on a hacked Wii. And the character glitches are going to be fixed.

Making Brawl have things that make it more enjoyable does not necessarily mean Melee 2.0. I want things from Melee like wavedashing and MAYBE L-cancelling and hitstun, but NOTHING like speed increases or anything. I like the way Brawl physics work as they are. It's unique.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
It's not a Brawl vs Melee argument, it's all Brawl. Brawl has way more problems than something like WDing could ever fix: lack of hitstun, easy peasy recovery, terrible character balance just to name a few. If anything WDing might only make it worse.
If your not going for a comparison and just pointing out flaws in something then I apologize. I just tire of the attacks based on comparison to another game >.>....then again I'm the same person who will call Twilight Princess soulless and say WW and OoT had soul.

If individual hacks could be made.....just a shout out to any hacker listening
============
Link- Give back hookshot (if possible).

Link - Increase Recovery
Link - Remove Charge on Spin attack, or make it so that it all does the same damage and KB and buff up the first level so it's a bit more potent.

Link- Give him Bomb Jumping.
I'd say this is one of the more important ones...well actually no...everything recovery based is good for Link.

Captain Falcon- Hitstun on N-air, dtilt ftilt and utilt. Priority boost on Raptor boost and falcon kick.
Ganondorf - increase hitstun on dtilt by a very small fraction, decrease KB by a very very small fraction or damage by a small fraction either/or. That should give him a bit easier time of racking up damage and not get smacked around.
Ganondorf- If possible increase mid air jump height.
or make Murder kick give back your jump after use.

Yoshi: hitstun on ftilt and utilt, if your feeling risky put hitstun on Back air or N-air.
Let Egg toss give the boost for longer so that you don't start losing the height bonus as fast (you still lose it after multiple tosses just not so drastically)
>.> just some suggestions....because I'd play with those for my own enjoyment =P.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
I like Melee 1.0, and Brawl 1.0. Oh and 64 3.7. Sorry, couldn't resist that last part.

4Serial

Smash Lord
HOLY ****. This was possible? God bless the hacker.

now.....

balance chars plz

Give Link a better tether and up+B
allow him AND HIM ONLY to have the tether grab onto any part of the stage

make it so that his bombs can be damaged and exploded by himself
also make it so that he falls a bit slower

thank you, that is all

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Why do people continue to come into this thread spewing this trash? NO ONE IS MAKING THIS THE TOURNAMENT STANDARD! IT'S FOR FUN AND MAYBE A SIDE STANDARD!

And define "Melee glitches". Because you are coming off as another Brawl n00b who's horribly ignorant of Melee.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
<sarcasm>Excuse me for posting my opinion on a forum board with everyone else. My apologies.</sarcasm>
My apologies for you taking offense so easily.

Seriously, a lot of us are basically implying the same thing you said and get ignored, yet you make a wall of text with vulgar language and some sort of hint at real emotion and get praised for it is just weird lol.

It really wasn't responding to you anyway, more to Commander Blitzkrieg, which took my response just fine.

Just chill, Internet drama happens to much for it to be exciting anymore. Let's all be friends. ^_^

On another note: By the time my video is up, a kitten may already have died a cruel death at the hands of Internet Explorer. /random

Ryan-K

Smash Master
also

give back cf and ganon their down b jumps, i mean you have people like mk making it back with no effort and these guys get nothing

also make cf and ganon not lag like *** when they even think about doing anything, and give them shorter short hops so they can actually hit characters shorter than 7 feet tall

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
also

give back cf and ganon their down b jumps, i mean you have people like mk making it back with no effort and these guys get nothing

also make cf and ganon not lag like *** when they even think about doing anything, and give them shorter short hops so they can actually hit characters shorter than 7 feet tall
I would love if they got their jumps back.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Viet show some Marth uses in there, I've experimented a bit with it but not enough to really find anything too good. BTW, try it in heavy mode in special brawl, it works much better there.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
These setting I found to be fun:
No tripping (hack)
Directional airdodge (thread's hack)
Heavy Brawl
Damage Ratio 1.1

Hello Melee v2.0!

disclaimer: Sonic and Link have horrible recoveries because of Heavy Brawl and ROB freezes the game. Other than that, playing this way is awesome, and besides. Sonic's recovery is helped by doing up-b -> air dodge and Links is helped by air dodge -> hookshot.

And to people that cry about these cheats. We're not asking you to play it. Go back and play Purist Brawl.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has already been said, but Ike (and maybe others, haven't checked) have multiple airdodge if you do it right after one. Might be good to warn phantom wings about this, or something.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
HOLY ****. This was possible? God bless the hacker.

now.....

balance chars plz

Give Link a better tether and up+B
allow him AND HIM ONLY to have the tether grab onto any part of the stage

make it so that his bombs can be damaged and exploded by himself
also make it so that he falls a bit slower

thank you, that is all
wow...was it a joke?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just tried it out. It's fun to mess with and it works really well. You air dodge directionally and you go into freefall mode after doing it. It works exactly like Melee. You can even Smash out of it. Luigi still has an awesome WD :)

Trust me, I am completely credible. I'm an SBR member; why would I lie and make myself look bad?
maybe it's because you're in the SBR you are trying to convince us everything you say is right *nah, just kidding, I believe you*

anyway, I sure hope you provide a video of some sort, it would brings such numbers here on SWF if this were to be visually shown.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Remove it from Yoshi and it might work better.

Yoshi already had a Wavedash in brawl so losing out on this one won't hamper him too much.

Anyways question for everyone.

What if hackers were able to completely emulate melee (but with all the new characters added)

Would you ditch melee?

I don't mean emulate as in like but as in, things you could do in melee you could now do in a hacked version of brawl...with maybe some tweaks for balance purposes.

IMO melee becomes useless at that point except for when you dont want to mod your wii.

Turning brawl into actual melee with updates makes melee seem bad as it would then be inferior in graphics and roster, and only superior in a better intro and Debug mode having Sword Ganondorf *huggles*....and Adventure mode, but for Fighting purposes....would you stick to that at all?

What?

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I've been waiting for this hack since Brawl was released.

I love the graphics and music and all the awesome new characters of Brawl, but the gameplay is such a massive downgrade to Melee. (with the exception of C-Stick in single player)

I'd love Shield Dynamics back. Shielding was so complex in Melee, and it's way too simple in Brawl.

Honestly, I'd love to just write over all the things that make Brawl no fun.

Like...

Let's have multiple Smash Balls appear at once to make them less broken and more dynamic.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Hey, I just had a thought. Since Brawl has such low hitstun, if you were able to DI an attack and stay low to the stage, would it be possible to just air dodge directionally into the stage and save yourself? LOL that would be so beast.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
These setting I found to be fun:
No tripping (hack)
Directional airdodge (thread's hack)
Heavy Brawl
Damage Ratio 1.1

Hello Melee v2.0!

disclaimer: Sonic and Link have horrible recoveries because of Heavy Brawl and ROB freezes the game. Other than that, playing this way is awesome, and besides. Sonic's recovery is helped by doing up-b -> air dodge and Links is helped by air dodge -> hookshot.

And to people that cry about these cheats. We're not asking you to play it. Go back and play Purist Brawl.
NO!!! Kill it with fire, and whatever else you used to take down Wavedashing!

But seriously. I don't see why this is so exciting. It will never be used in tournaments and is prettymuch irrelevant, and it's a haven for MvB Flame Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom