• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
I just wanna say that I dont really support changing brawl to be more like Melee becuz then its not even brawl. that's just me though. but I did have a bunch of ideas where hacks would work out.

I for one DO HAVE homebrew along w/ OCARINA, because once the no tripping hack came out... I was ALL OVER IT. NOW.... I dont support changing brawl to be more like melee HOWEVER... ppl cannot forget that there is still a melee community out there that cant stand brawl .

If ppl can still keep coming out w/ UPDATES that can eventually change brawl into MELEE 2.0 then how is that different from having the community divided melee vs brawl??

only this time it'll be melee 2.0 vs Brawl. and then finally ppl can have CLOSURE w/ melee and let it go.

I think making a melee 2.0 would be pretty neat and this way both sides of the community would be content. I wouldnt mind joining a melee 2.0 tournament. but after playing brawl and going back to melee.... I cant stand the fact that you cant run and turn around like in brawl or the fact that the C-Stick on the floor SUCKS MAJOR BALLZ in melee. Imagine all of that wuz included. think about it ppl.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna say that I dont really support changing brawl to be more like Melee becuz then its not even brawl. that's just me though. but I did have a bunch of ideas where hacks would work out.

I for one DO HAVE homebrew along w/ OCARINA, because once the no tripping hack came out... I was ALL OVER IT. NOW.... I dont support changing brawl to be more like melee HOWEVER... ppl cannot forget that there is still a melee community out there that cant stand brawl .

If ppl can still keep coming out w/ UPDATES that can eventually change brawl into MELEE 2.0 then how is that different from having the community divided melee vs brawl??

only this time it'll be melee 2.0 vs Brawl. and then finally ppl can have CLOSURE w/ melee and let it go.

I think making a melee 2.0 would be pretty neat and this way both sides of the community would be content. I wouldnt mind joining a melee 2.0 tournament. but after playing brawl and going back to melee.... I cant stand the fact that you cant run and turn around like in brawl or the fact that the C-Stick on the floor SUCKS MAJOR BALLZ in melee. Imagine all of that wuz included. think about it ppl.
This is not the place my man.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
This is not the place my man.
wow did you even read my entire post or just the first line? hahah. read it all the way. it actually does agree w/ the hacking but not changing brawl. well actually...yea i kinda messed it up there. it does agree to the hacking and changing brawl, but... still keeping brawl as a tournament based game and having brawl (hacked/melee 2.0) as a different game altogether.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I leave for a little while and this thread jumps like 15 pages. I know that the code was updated to add ROB and whatnot but is the code on the front page the updated code?

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
wow did you even read my entire post or just the first line? hahah. read it all the way. it actually does agree w/ the hacking but not changing brawl. well actually...yea i kinda messed it up there. it does agree to the hacking and changing brawl, but... still keeping brawl as a tournament based game and having brawl (hacked/melee 2.0) as a different game altogether.
This still isn't the place for that type of discussion.

I'm glad Sakurai made it impossible for this to occur during normal gameplay, it really helps to balance things out.

I'm also glad hacks are banned in tournaments. I only like hacks for fun purposes, not competitive.

My Opinion.
Get out agitator.

LSDX

Wah!
Wow the computers can be destroyed so easily with this code on.

Does anyone know if this works on WiFi btw?
Probably not. if it would work this way, both players must have the hack installed and enabled. I know this works when people use custom stages online with ocarina because they both have the hacks enabled.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Probably not. if it would work this way, both players must have the hack installed and enabled. I know this works when people use custom stages online with ocarina because they both have the hacks enabled.
It seems some codes like No tripping and such prevent online access, either that or it's just me. This may be the same to prevent desync. Basically, I don't think you can even get online in the first place.

Anyway, my video is so good I'm renaming it: VietGeek is too good at triangle dodging.

Combo videos in the making if I get too good at that lol.

/fail

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. Thank you very much. (No sarcasm there.)
No. That was a bad point. "Melee has it's competitiveness" yet Brawl has stuff on Melee? What? The music? The long boring adventure mode? From a competitive stand point, Melee is better almost every way unless the only thing you care about in a game is spacing. I think competitive players care much more about the gameplay than anything else, and Melee owns brawl in that category. Half of the brawl fanboys joined in '07 or '08 and never knew much of anything about competitive Melee so they don't really have a basis to compare.
Some Melee players love Brawl. Some because they sucked at Melee, some because because it's something new, some because it had a character they love in it, but that still doesn't make it a dissapointment to many because a huge stab at the metagame Sakuria so purposefully made. He wanted this game to suck competitively and be shallow to appeal to casuals and get more sales. Rock Paper Scissors can be competitive, but that doens't mean it's deep or full of skill. Most of Brawl is spacing and I'm pretty sure it's horrible unbalnce is appearent now.

tarman727

Smash Apprentice
No. That was a bad point. "Melee has it's competitiveness" yet Brawl has stuff on Melee? What? The music? The long boring adventure mode? From a competitive stand point, Melee is better almost every way unless the only thing you care about in a game is spacing. I think competitive players care much more about the gameplay than anything else, and Melee owns brawl in that category. Half of the brawl fanboys joined in '07 or '08 and never knew much of anything about competitive Melee so they don't really have a basis to compare.
Some Melee players love Brawl. Some because they sucked at Melee, some because because it's something new, some because it had a character they love in it, but that still doesn't make it a dissapointment to many because a huge stab at the metagame Sakuria so purposefully made. He wanted this game to suck competitively and be shallow to appeal to casuals and get more sales. Rock Paper Scissors can be competitive, but that doens't mean it's deep or full of skill. Most of Brawl is spacing and I'm pretty sure it's horrible unbalnce is appearent now.
Or maybe your too closed minded and stubborn to see the other side of it?

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i feel that ppl are just mad about brawl being a bigger game than melee andthat they suck at and if u dont suck at it and ur complaining, get a life, brawl is and will always be a bigger game, not necessarily a better game but definitely bigger.

OK NOW STOP MAKING THIS A MELEE VS BRAWL DEBATE, THERE IS PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!! THE THREAD IS ABOUT BRAWL WAVEDASHING, NOT MELEE. MODS SHOULD GIVE INFRACTIONS OR WARNINGS TO ANYONE THAT MENTIONS MELEE IN THIS THREAD AGN!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LSDX

Wah!
OK NOW STOP MAKING THIS A MELEE VS BRAWL DEBATE, THERE IS PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!! THE THREAD IS ABOUT BRAWL WAVEDASHING, NOT MELEE. MODS SHOULD GIVE INFRACTIONS OR WARNINGS TO ANYONE THAT MENTIONS MELEE IN THIS THREAD AGN!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Sir, your caps-lock scares me in unfathomable ways. '~'

LSDX

Wah!
That's what they tell the Mewtwo mains.

It doesn't work.

Either way, I didn't support wave-dashing in Melee. It was a GLITCH.
I solemly agree with this statement. You like Melee, go play Melee. You like Brawl, go play Brawl. This isn't a Melee V. Brawl debate, I'm just stating that you're stating it similarly.

Woopy! What's happening man, long time to chat. I haven't seen ya since the "Roy & Mewtwo in Brawl" thread.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
That's what they tell the Mewtwo mains.

It doesn't work.

Either way, I didn't support wave-dashing in Melee. It was a GLITCH.
First off, the developers knew it was in the game before they released it so it isn't a glitch. Second, it added depth to the game which is a good thing. You want the game to have less depth or something?

Wooo! It works online!
You sure it works for him as well? It may be working on your side but not theirs.

LSDX

Wah!
What is this now, a new friend finder or a wavedash thread? Harhar. I promote we call this thread "The Official Wavespam Thread".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom