• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Can someone test out Peach's? Does she have her umbrella closed in hand during helpless? Or is it removed?
peach's timing is wierd its more like a triangle jump but has decent range. During her falling animation it is exactly the same but she doesn't have the parasol out.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
This is AMAZING.. i might Actually pick up the controller to start brawling.. this is madness. i just wish it was without AC.. i dun have AC :( lolol.

P.S Maybe someone Should put some of the mechanics and physics from Melee and add them to brawl to recreate melee but just with diffrent chars and stages :). this would be really sick. ( just using a bit of imagination here)

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is sweet. I would really like L canceling. I dont mind playing a better version of N64. And to the person who thinks you cant get around Pits arrows with this air dodge system...triangle jumping into a forward wavedash is your friend.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Whew, this thread has really taken off, sorry about my last post - I didn't realize that this thread had already made it to 11 pages.

Anyways - I fixed the code this morning to include characters like Shiek/Zelda, Iceclimbers, and PT - it was mainly a small error on my part to do with the code.

I've taken a look at some of the suggestions in this thread but a lot of them will take some time to consider - My best bet would be to make your character have the dissabled effect(flashing and can't do anything) but still have the normal falling animation - that way you don't have the extra long delay for landing. Either that or I could remove the delay for landing after dodging. Though the first would fix R.O.B. as well.

Oh, and just for those who might hold ill will towards me for making this code, I personally don't/didn't use WaveDashing too much - I mainly made this code for the sheer challenge of it and because so many people were requesting it. Cheers.
So wheres the new code at?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
McSnapple, stop posting awful motivational posters.

Anyways, I heard the code was updated to include ROB. Is this true?

ughh.. I'm kind of slow, how do I add this to ocarina. :confused:
Go to the TXT file (usually named RSBE or Warchamp codelist) and paste the code in. Then go to the code manager and click "Open txt file"

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wow.... o_O Can't believe someone went through all the trouble to make a code like this.... And I can't believe how many people are freaking out about it...

Darkslash

Smash Master
You mean I'm a scrub who loves trolling with McSnapple?
EDIT: Fixed

I'm kinda torn here. Should i put my legitness for the sake of wavedashing or keep Flash canceling with Wolf who does something similar to wavedash in movement properties but not in the offensive.

LSDX

Wah!
*Serious Again*

Has anyone come across an L-Cancel or Hitstun code yet tonight? If so, this thread should really be expanded as a sub-thread as part of a "SSBB AT Hacks" thread.

LSDX

Wah!
Uh oh, this doesn't seem to be working online for people who don't have Ocarina installed.
It will not work at all unless the other opponents have Homebrew and Ocarina codes installed and enabled. This has been proven as fact because if your opponent does not have the similar codes running, the function is void because their game cannot read what your Wii's codes are running.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
I've heard it doesn't work online at all, but I'm curious to hear the results when two people who are running the code play online.
Yeah it doesn't work it said in the persons post of his vids description but he/she may be working on it so that it may work for online.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe your too closed minded and stubborn to see the other side of it?
Wow. Great logic.
I like all of the supporting evidence and detail of the post.

i feel that ppl are just mad about brawl being a bigger game than melee andthat they suck at and if u dont suck at it and ur complaining, get a life, brawl is and will always be a bigger game, not necessarily a better game but definitely bigger.

OK NOW STOP MAKING THIS A MELEE VS BRAWL DEBATE, THERE IS PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!! THE THREAD IS ABOUT BRAWL WAVEDASHING, NOT MELEE. MODS SHOULD GIVE INFRACTIONS OR WARNINGS TO ANYONE THAT MENTIONS MELEE IN THIS THREAD AGN!!!!!!!!!!!!1
lol I went to a Melee/Brawl tournament and entered the barlw part for tehlulz and I went random every game. I only lost to 2 of my melee friends who went random with me. I owned all the noobs who think they're the sh*t because they can block and spam attacks cause it's such and easy tactic in brawl. All it is is a spacing battle.

Ok mrs.supermod of the intarwebs calm down. The anti-wavedashing noobs are the one who started complaining in the first place.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Wow... and the transformation commences...

While I've come to learn to love WDing over the summer, having it Brawl could have some form of consequence... then again, hacks will never become a tourney standard... or will they? And for some reason, it looks like it infinitely more times easier to do in Brawl than it is in Melee... maybe it's just because I actually know how to WD.

Who knows... Anyway, I have an idea... how about turning airdodging off so that you play like it's Smash64? You know... after you finish Melee 2.0... I'd love to see Smash64 2.0.... just for the lulz.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I would rather create my own PC version of smash than put up with endless Brawl hacks.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Everyone, except for Zamus and Sonic, seems to wavedash faster than they run.

Bowser makes the whole screen shake seeing as though he's constantly hitting the ground.

Ganon's is fantastic compared to his run, this is a much fast form of travel. Zelda and Dedede also gain a lot of speed from this.

People with Zair's can use them just after they do an airdodge to land with no lag.

Your partner can't wavedash with the Ice Climbers.

Olimar's Pikmin can't keep up with him if you do it constantly.

Fox can attack as soon as he touches the ground after an airdodge.

Jigglypuff's is amazing compared to her running speed.

Ike's is absolutely fantastic, this is almost as good as Luigi's, plus his Counter gives him this really quick and strangely long boost, and he can jump or attack after he does an airdodge, seeing as though his helpless animation takes ages to start.

Ness and Lucas' are really good.

G&W doesn't flash during his helpless animation.

Every character can wavedash into a f-tilt/d-tilt with no lag. This helps out people like Snake a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom