• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, only one of you needs to have it active for it to work.

The guy that has the code might have to host though, I'm not sure.
You've asked him and he said it works?

they're testing to see if the code works for both wiis if one the modded wii is hosting. I would call that on topic.
Just wanted to point out you don't need a modded Wii for this hack and most people aren't using a modded Wii for it. Just the Homebrew Channel.

LSDX

Wah!
Can someone PLEASE test out Fox's Landmaster Wavedash and compare it to Falco's L-Canceling Landmaster? I heard Wolf's had the best hitstun. >_>

BUM163

Smash Lord
someone should run turnaround and try wavedashing. can you constantly dodge in the air with this code on? if you get hit can you constantly dodge like without the code or does it add stun since you can dodge once. what is possible and not possible from this code being installed?

for the people that think hacks won't be used...... if this turns out to make brawl a better game, i guranteed it will be used. i know i would use it in my tournaments, if it's a more competitve game with this code on.

Sharky

Smash Master
I might as well. It all is getting in the way of the true purpose of this thread but taking care of these people keeps them from stirring up trouble with people who'd rather be testing, like myself and others who have to run around putting out the fires they start that get more people posting and clog up the channels of communication.

In this case I apologise. I'm afraid this thread's never going to be that simple, though. =/

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I solemly agree with this statement. You like Melee, go play Melee. You like Brawl, go play Brawl. This isn't a Melee V. Brawl debate, I'm just stating that you're stating it similarly.

Woopy! What's happening man, long time to chat. I haven't seen ya since the "Roy & Mewtwo in Brawl" thread.
'Eeeeeyyy, McSnapple!

I usually take peoples' words on this, but where is a link to something that proves WDing is not a glitch? It wasn't in the manual. It wasn't in the official strategy guide. The website is in Japanese. I want proof that WDing is an AT.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, and it *appears* to work on with anyone as well, although I can't really tell for sure that its not getting desynched and having my game compensate for it

ChaosWing

Smash Rookie
It's great for the most part but no viable at all because there's some problems (one is BAD).

PT: Only the pokemon you start with can wavedash. This includes summoning the other 2 and then going back to your original - the original will still be able to wavedash but the other 2 never will. I'm going to assume this holds true with switching between Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS but I have not tested it.

Rob CAN CAUSE YOUR WII TO FREEZE after landing from a directional air dodge. You can wavedash just fine but if you ever screw up and are too far from the ground he will either freeze in place once he lands and be unable to do anything or your Wii will freeze.

Some characters that had little or no wavedash in melee have amazing dashes in brawl (Link).

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, disregard my last post... Just got into a 2 human brawl on with anyone, and the other player's attacks did not make any sense for a situation... Does NOT work in with anyone

metaXzero

Smash Champion
'Eeeeeyyy, McSnapple!

I usually take peoples' words on this, but where is a link to something that proves WDing is not a glitch? It wasn't in the manual. It wasn't in the official strategy guide. The website is in Japanese. I want proof that WDing is an AT.
Any1 want to go dig up the thread from April about Sakurai knowing about Wavedashing? I'm to lazy.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
'Eeeeeyyy, McSnapple!

Go somewhere else this topic is not for this kind of discussion.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Right I've finally mastered how to wavedash properly, and I'm testing it out now.

Luigi, G&W and Dedede seem to have the best ones so far, Lucario's isn't that good surprisingly.

Dedede can wavedash into his crouch animation with no lag, moving backwards or forwards. So basically you can make him slide backwards whilst lying down.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, and Luigi has a godly defense with his wavedash-spot dodge... It's like a lagless roll that takes you half way across a level O.o

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Right I've finally mastered how to wavedash properly, and I'm testing it out now.

Luigi, G&W and Dedede seem to have the best ones so far, Lucario's isn't that good surprisingly.

Dedede can wavedash into his crouch animation with no lag, moving backwards or forwards. So basically you can make him slide backwards whilst lying down.
Check out Ike's wavedash it is phenomenal.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Can someone test out Peach's? Does she have her umbrella closed in hand during helpless? Or is it removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom