• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What?

Smash Apprentice
I'd love Melee 2, Chrono. <3

Brawl was supposed to be a next big thing after Melee, but it...failed...quite a bit. It ended being Smash for Kids.

As far as Ganondorf goes;

I just want him to be at least as fast as he was in Melee. At least let me ledge hop!

Why they didn't change his Warlock Punch into a Huge Sword Slash is beyond me, but it's cool.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Why do people continue to come into this thread spewing this trash? NO ONE IS MAKING THIS THE TOURNAMENT STANDARD! IT'S FOR FUN AND MAYBE A SIDE STANDARD!

And define "Melee glitches". Because you are coming off as another Brawl n00b who's horribly ignorant of Melee.
"This trash" happens to be my opinion. It just annoys me that people need to go to the extent to hack an excellent game like brawl to make it more enjoyable to themselves. I see no reason why someone expressing a negative opinion on the topic should be shot down as ignorant.

My point is, yes this is a fun little thing to use, but it isn't going anywhere outside of the home (i would go as far to say not even a side standard). I'm speaking very general, but i am just sick and tired of people looking down at this game, then coming into this thread and writing YESSSHHHH!! We HAVEZ WAVEDASHING!!!1 Now hack the game to include this, this, and this to the point that it is a different game. Accept what was given.

Im done ranting, take what you want from it.

LSDX

Wah!
Just leave the game as is. If everyone who wants this game to have all these techs that were available in melee, just go and play MELEE! I laugh at first about this, but now it has gotten out of hand. It is a breakthrough to find, but in no possible way will these ever become legal or anything close to it. Keep discussion, but stop trying to have Brawl become Melee 2.0 and try to make these hacks legal.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'd love Melee 2, Chrono. <3

Brawl was supposed to be a next big thing after Melee, but it...failed...quite a bit. It ended being Smash for Kids.

As far as Ganondorf goes;

I just want him to be at least as fast as he was in Melee. At least let me ledge hop!

Why they didn't change his Warlock Punch into a Huge Sword Slash is beyond me, but it's cool.
Sakurai is too lazy. It's that simple. That's why he made Toon Link, Falco, and Ganondorf clones.

Just leave the game as is. If everyone who wants this game to have all these techs that were available in melee, just go and play MELEE! I laugh at first about this, but now it has gotten out of hand. It is a breakthrough to find, but in no possible way will these ever become legal or anything close to it. Keep discussion, but stop trying to have Brawl become Melee 2.0 and try to make these hacks legal.
I'm Commander Blitzkrieg and I approve this message.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. Nobody is asking for this to be standard. Stop posting telling us it's not going to be standard. WE KNOW IT IS NOT GOING TO BE STANDARD. If you don't like it, don't use it. Plain and simple. Just because we are trying to make the game more enjoyable for us doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your "perfect" game as it is. Until our fun infringes on yours, stop posting negative comments.

In fact, I'll probably try to organize a "Melee 2.0" tournament just to see how popular it gets, and if it is popular, then we get the last laugh. If not? Who cares? I can still have fun wavedashing around Battlefield with my friends. And... this affects you how?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
God****it people just CHILL. This is just a cheat code. Do you complain every time a new code is released?

"OMG WTH WHY INFINITE JUMPS THIS IS NOT BRAWL wtf"

What?

Smash Apprentice
The hacks will be tourney legal in very "select circles."

ie. People who really want Brawl not to suck.

ie. Melee vets. (possibly)

Truthfully, we should all be happy with Smash just for providing such a WIDE range of skill gaps and cultural mentalities.

I'd say the difference between Brawl players and Melee 2 players can be likened to Melee FFA AIoH players and the Melee Semi-Pros and Pros.

samai

Smash Apprentice
Could someone please make a video of Gigalypuff wavedashing. That would be sweet!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'd say the difference between Brawl players and Melee 2 players can be likened to Melee FFA AIOH players and the Melee Semi-Pros and Pros.
How wrong you are. If you're comparing Brawl to FFA AIOH, then you're terribly wrong. Brawl is not as tourney-friendly as Melee, that's a given. But honestly, I see no reason why it should be shot down as a competitive game.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the difference between Brawl players and Melee 2 players can be likened to Melee FFA AIoH players and the Melee Semi-Pros and Pros.
I VERY much agree with this statement.

Also, wavedash haters, please stop spamming the thread with your "Squirtle Squad" and such. Squirtle can't even wavedash if you start the round with Chrizard or Ivysaur lolololololol

LSDX

Wah!
I VERY much agree with this statement.

Also, wavedash haters, please stop spamming the thread with your "Squirtle Squad" and such. Squirtle can't even wavedash if you start the round with Chrizard or Ivysaur lolololololol
Don't dis Commander Blitzkrieg, we has spacies and Squirtles.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
This thread offically sucks until someone tells me we can buff Link, Ganondorf and Falcon with hacks.

You know what screw it I'll make my own hacks.....with blackjack....and hookers.
Hell forget the hacks....
*hugs Bender*

But seriously, Link,Ganondorf, Falcon hack buffs please and thank you.

Actual NVM but anyways to all those going omfg hack NAOOOO.

I think it's cool hacks exist (I just think it's uncool to bash Brawl because of melee, if you Bash brawl for what it is, and not for it's lack of melee qualities thats fine).

It's a cheat code, like an Action replay, do we go upside the handle for action replay codes?

Anyways I actually would not mind if Hack brawl was big.

Again if we had 2 major things.
Normal Brawl, and hacked brawl, we could be onto a really diverse metagame of Brawl.

Just like pokemon players have more than just D/P metagames and that on places like Shoddy pokemon can be banned to ubers and what not. This is the equivalent of that, and if Smash ever got that interesting...I would be very very happy.

Having Normal Brawl and hacked brawl would be sweet, if Hacked brawl was considered practically a side game and had it's own standard ruleset and list of legal hacks.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
"This trash" happens to be my opinion. It just annoys me that people need to go to the extent to hack an excellent game like brawl to make it more enjoyable to themselves. I see no reason why someone expressing a negative opinion on the topic should be shot down as ignorant.

My point is, yes this is a fun little thing to use, but it isn't going anywhere outside of the home (i would go as far to say not even a side standard). I'm speaking very general, but i am just sick and tired of people looking down at this game, then coming into this thread and writing YESSSHHHH!! We HAVEZ WAVEDASHING!!!1 Now hack the game to include this, this, and this to the point that it is a different game. Accept what was given.

Im done ranting, take what you want from it.
This isn't a thread to post your opinion. This thread is for people who use the code and for troubleshooting.

I'm reporting you for spam again .

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
500th post!

And btw, did you receive my breads?
Now I see what the others are talking about.

That was completely irrelevant. And yes, I did recieve the bread. Hands off!

ChronoPenguin: This thread will suck for life in your eyes.

PKSkyler: No. Just no.

LSDX

Wah!
This thread reminds me of the Roy Boards, full of epic winning phail. Now all we need is T3H PH13R and wavedashing Landmasters and we're set.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
This thread reminds me of the Roy Boards, full of epic winning phail. Now all we need is T3H PH13R and wavedashing Landmasters and we're set.
Fail for the lack of Mewtwo mention.

Actually, this brings me to another topic: Since we're getting talk of making Ganny Melee style, would it be possible to turn Lucario into something more Mewtwo-ish?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
This thread offically sucks until someone tells me we can buff Link, Ganondorf and Falcon with hacks.

You know what screw it I'll make my own hacks.....with blackjack....and hookers.
Hell forget the hacks....
*hugs Bender*

But seriously, Link,Ganondorf, Falcon hack buffs please and thank you.

Actual NVM but anyways to all those going omfg hack NAOOOO.

I think it's cool hacks exist (I just think it's uncool to bash Brawl because of melee, if you Bash brawl for what it is, and not for it's lack of melee qualities thats fine).

It's a cheat code, like an Action replay, do we go upside the handle for action replay codes?

Anyways I actually would not mind if Hack brawl was big.

Again if we had 2 major things.
Normal Brawl, and hacked brawl, we could be onto a really diverse metagame of Brawl.

Just like pokemon players have more than just D/P metagames and that on places like Shoddy pokemon can be banned to ubers and what not. This is the equivalent of that, and if Smash ever got that interesting...I would be very very happy.

Having Normal Brawl and hacked brawl would be sweet, if Hacked brawl was considered practically a side game and had it's own standard ruleset and list of legal hacks.
I very much agree with this man.

And by the way, I dunno how any hacks could legitimately buff Link/CF/Ganon. Of course there are codes like "Super Falcon" but that is obviously super broken. (instant Falcon Punch ftw). And I think it would get a little ridiculous having to individually balance characters. I like Brawl for what it is, and the physics are fun how they are. However, I quite enjoy wavedashing being added to the game. It enhances the experience for me.

I'm not saying character balancing would be bad, if it can be done in a way that really works, go ahead. I'm just saying that it would be way too much of a hassle and too much argument would result.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
The hacks will be tourney legal in very "select circles."

ie. People who really want Brawl not to suck.

ie. Melee vets. (possibly)

Truthfully, we should all be happy with Smash just for providing such a WIDE range of skill gaps and cultural mentalities.

I 100% agree with this. Brawl is STILL a competitive game in its own respect. In brawl if someone doesn't know x technique or uses a low tier character, there is not as large of a chance of getting a beat down as in melee. That is why brawl appeals to so many more people, and fits with the theme of the wii in general. Now this is getting off topic, but i absolutely love that statement. Thank you for that post.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why does this always happen to threads like this when a code comes out that changes a mechanic to see what happens to the game? No Tripping got a bunch of crap from people with the same thoughts as McSnapple and Blitzkrieg. Seriously, we don't need your spam. You've said what you wanted to say, isn't that enough? When you stop posting here, the alleged "flaming" you claim that exists here will disperse. You're only fueling the flames by spamming and posting like you are, it isn't helping at all.

I'd rather like to use this thread for troubleshooting and the possibilities of the WD. Nobody said **** about tournament standard, the people that brought it up are Brawlers who detest the idea of changing Brawl, those of us who LIKE this code and will use it for friendlies didn't mention the word tournament once, it's just a word put into our mouths to start something, something I dun like.

This thread is becoming a loss more than it is a win with all these people who think they're doing something right when it is in fact wrong. (And that I mean by saying that "omgz us sudn't chng bwl") =\

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I 100% agree with this. Brawl is STILL a competitive game in its own respect. In brawl if someone doesn't know x technique or uses a low tier character, there is not as large of a chance of getting a beat down as in melee. That is why brawl appeals to so many more people, and fits with the theme of the wii in general. Now this is getting off topic, but i absolutely love that statement. Thank you for that post.
No it isn't. It is hopelessly shallow, unbalanced, and random. Without our added rules and regulations that's all it would be. Stop spamming this thread so we can get to work.

Sharky

Smash Master
This isn't a thread to post your opinion. This thread is for people who use the code and for troubleshooting.

I'm reporting you for spam again .

alright, I'd like to see you say the exact same thing to everyone who's said "ZOMG WAVEDASHING THIS MAKES BRAWL 1000000 TIMES MORE AWESOME"

Not gonna do that? OK, shut up then. This is an opinion thread, like it or not, and everyone, both for and against, has a right to post here.

This isn't to say that I think the people spamming just because they don't like it aren't doing anything wrong, however...

That said, I think the game is just fine as is. That will be all. =)

LSDX

Wah!
Why does this always happen to threads like this when a code comes out that changes a mechanic to see what happens to the game? No Tripping got a bunch of crap from people with the same thoughts as McSnapple and Blitzkrieg. Seriously, we don't need your spam or your opinion. You've said what you wanted to say, isn't that enough? When you stop posting here, the alleged "flaming" you claim that exists here will disperse. You're only fueling the flames by spamming and posting like you are, it isn't helping at all.
I'm not necessarily "Spamming", I'm just adding some enjoyment to a thread that is full of something of which could be somewhat or not considered phail of win of the win's phailing phail win. Got that? I would never spam on the Brawl Boards. >_>

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
alright, I'd like to see you say the exact same thing to everyone who's said "ZOMG WAVEDASHING THIS MAKES BRAWL 1000000 TIMES MORE AWESOME"

Not gonna do that? OK, shut up then. This is an opinion thread, like it or not, and everyone, both for and against, has a right to post here.
I might as well. It all is getting in the way of the true purpose of this thread but taking care of these people keeps them from stirring up trouble with people who'd rather be testing, like myself and others who have to run around putting out the fires they start that get more people posting and clog up the channels of communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom