• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You idiot Overswarm, they started talking about Lain so I posted the pic of me and Luke with him because he's a mad dude. As if I would seriously consider it a valid argument about something. Pull your head out of your ***.
This guy can't be serious.

Overswarm i understand your argument but in reallity, and i mean this as no offence to the Perth scene, but many of our players either
a) do not fully understand the mechanics
b) understand how stages work
c) comprehend the full extent of characters and lastly
d) abuse these aspects enough
Then they need to, plain and simple.

If you were running a no-holds barred fight to the death match every night and the best fighters from all over came over to fight, you'd see the most extreme stuff. Lightning fast kicks, bone breaking punches, it'd be very bloody and entertaining.

Then some ******* from Brazil comes and just grabs your arm and pulls on it and makes you say "ow" because now you can't hit him and he's ripping your bone and sinew from it's rightful place in your body.

The solution isn't "ban grappling". It's "get good at grappling, or find a way around it".

Now, that's only when the competition is focusing on the competition. When it is pure, and the winner's glory is the big prize.

If you are using this as a spectator sport, it's gotta be interesting to watch. Grappling and sweaty ball punching is boring. Maybe people don't want to see your norfair lava combos or green greens strategies. I can understand that.

But this isn't a spectator sport. There doesn't need to be a shot clock. Limits should be rare, and that includes stages. Your goal is to be the best player in the room, and that means expanding on ALL skill sets. ESPECIALLY the unpopular ones. Hell, I hardly ever lost a set 2-0 in Melee and I was a top 16 player at best in a weaker region! I almost always won my counterpicks because of my stage knowledge and campy playstyle.

So leave the stages legal. You'll see actual good players adapt, and bad players will fall behind.

Clearly, he knows too much about our cunning plan to convert everyone to a superior, more balanced, more fun, more tactical game.
Street Fighter sucks. Get at me.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Overswarm, what happens if we're happy boxing and don't really want to get involved with grappling?

Being the best boxer in the room doesn't make you any less of a competitor. You're just competing within a rule set. If every one else in the room is happy competing within this rule set surely that should be suffecient. Sure boxing isn't grappling and it's not mixed martial arts, but lots of people can still watch it and appreciate it.

Of course if people wanna try rolling around with sweaty men I can't blame them, been there ;), but if the majority of people want to box, surely it's more prudent to prepare yourself for the competitive rule set you're most likely to compete under?

Analogies are us!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, what happens if we're happy boxing and don't really want to get involved with grappling?

Being the best boxer in the room doesn't make you any less of a competitor. You're just competing within a rule set. If every one else in the room is happy competing within this rule set surely that should be suffecient. Sure boxing isn't grappling and it's not mixed martial arts, but lots of people can still watch it and appreciate it.

Of course if people wanna try rolling around with sweaty men I can't blame them, been there ;), but if the majority of people want to box, surely it's more prudent to prepare yourself for the competitive rule set you're most likely to compete under?

Analogies are us!
Way to prove my point.

My analogy showed a no-holds barred fight to the death.

You said "but what about booooooxing?!" and to that I say "I don't care".

If you're wanting to box, you go box. You don't go into a room with 20 of your boxing buddies and say to a room full of people who are ready to fight to the death with no rules and say "grappling is lame, so is kicking! Let's wear gloves and punch each other in the face". It doesn't make any sense.

Worst part is? The guys who have really weak legs and/or excel at punching are going to jump all over that opportunity for their own selfish reasons. Some of them might not even know they're doing it.

If you're playing Brawl and you don't want to deal with stage variety, infinites, gimps, spacing, zoning, hazards, and projectiles you are playing the wrong game.

Vlade

Social Outcast
To be honest this I don't think this tournament will prove anything though because the only person I know who's going that would actually put the stages to good use is Trill, and I imagine he's gonna get bored after like 2 matches of waiting.

If you want people to actually take the stages more seriously and play to win for testing purposes (rather than falling back on our usual counterpicks and not using these introduced borderline stages), how about raising the entry fee?

--------------------

People are lacking in general_ We need to get everyone excited again, which is hard without solid competition such as Vlade, Sam, Ric and now Kane_
I don't mean to be arrogant and I absolutely do not want to make it out like I'm an integral part of the growth of the scene right now. But as you can see by the underscores it was obviously posted by bob (I hope you don't mind) in the PPR group (well the fact that it's in the PPR group is not so obvious).

I'm curious, what's motivating people to get better? I know tournies are great fun and all but I like to think that everyone at least WANTS to get better, but to me it feels that the only people who are making a really good effort are Trill, Andy and Jesse. I can understand that people are TRYING to improve but just not getting anywhere - trust me, I know how this feels and eventually you'll get over it. But I want people to perhaps try something new, or give me something more for when I get back to the tournament scene. Perhaps try a new character, or get some videos critiqued on the boards or something. I know Andy's goal is to beat me in a tournament set and I will be honoured to lose to him when he earns it, but is everyone else looking at trying to beat certain people? It's a good goal to have, but you obviously must actually AIM for that goal rather than just setting it and not doing anything about it. Does the high-end competition motivate people?

So those are my current thoughts on the perth scene at the moment, I woke up at 3:30am so to raise some discussion other than stages, which I've discussed to no end so I didn't think it was worth providing my repeated input.

Going to the Studio Ghibli museum today :) Should be interesting, I'm yet to see all of the studio ghibli anime movies though. It's been really cold here too. My main activities so far have been shopping (yay) and going to the arcade (also yay). There's a TvC arcade machine near me so I've been playing that, I've only had winning streaks against a few players. There isn't a huge amount of people to play with (and it doesn't help that there's only one machine, compared to virtua fighter which has 4) but the competition is out there, and it's very solid. EVERYONE plays ryu though so I know when to pushblock like the back of my hand XD

Hooray for random thought processes when you wake up early

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hey hey.

I heard people dissing boxing in here, what is this ****?

Need to buy TvC lol. Vlade seems like he's having a good time. Good **** son. Now start ****** dem asians.

No wait, you're asian. Uhhhhh. ****. Start ****** dem people from JAPAN. Yeah, there we go.

This thread reminds me of the old QLD thread. Basically you all sound like a bunch of 15 year olds lol.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I think you misjudge me Kane_ Having also been actively involved in various sports and gaming competitively your comment about Trill for example is basically how i perceive things_ I don't make judgements based purely on friendlies, training or practise_ I look at projected skill level in comparison to displayed skill level_ In this case tournaments_

You are right about Trill and i have had that thought since being on the PR_ The reason he never entered it was because yes he is a notorious choker and yes he has recently overcome them and this was relevant_ I felt he should be on the current list and Trav's input having versed him in the previous 2 tournaments was also evaluated_ I was able to visually perceive Trills current skill level without having versed him and judging by how you assume the PR should make it's judgments, i think and comment exactly as you stated PR members should_

To clarify_ I don't base my judgments purely from friendly matches, but purely observe and perceive a players skill level and compare it to how they currently stand in tournaments, then make my judgment_ I hope this clarifys your assumptions of me_

Also yeah i pretty much take all of what Pete says as pig headed trolling_ He just has this face you would love to cave in_ That isn't an invite to incite me into doing it Pete_ :)
Hi guys i got infracted for trolling_ Apparently this post is me trolling_ Can you get infracted for being pathetic because that's all i'm seeing here when people seem to assume this post is a troll_

MTGod

Smash Champion
This thread reminds me of the old QLD thread. Basically you all sound like a bunch of 15 year olds lol.
Hells yeah - before the boards went down last night I was going to say how this was reminding me of an MTV High School drama but with less attractive people :p

Lol Jesse i was waiting till this happened i knew you would bring up the pool gawd we went over the rules it was legal OMG!
Did you go over the official rules??? I haven't been bothered :p

Trillest

Smash Ace
To be honest this I don't think this tournament will prove anything though because the only person I know who's going that would actually put the stages to good use is Trill, and I imagine he's gonna get bored after like 2 matches of waiting.
--------------------
I'm curious, what's motivating people to get better? I know tournies are great fun and all but I like to think that everyone at least WANTS to get better, but to me it feels that the only people who are making a really good effort are Trill, Andy and Jesse. I can understand that people are TRYING to improve but just not getting anywhere - trust me, I know how this feels and eventually you'll get over it. But I want people to perhaps try something new, or give me something more for when I get back to the tournament scene. Perhaps try a new character, or get some videos critiqued on the boards or something. I know Andy's goal is to beat me in a tournament set and I will be honoured to lose to him when he earns it, but is everyone else looking at trying to beat certain people? It's a good goal to have, but you obviously must actually AIM for that goal rather than just setting it and not doing anything about it. Does the high-end competition motivate people?
I get the idea if i time someone out it wont change pete/trav's mind(you can time out on smashville! and so on) so i got other options :D

Yeah i need Sam to come back cos im gonna beat u next tourney :D

Trillest

Smash Ace
If you're playing Brawl and you don't want to deal with stage variety, infinites, gimps, spacing, zoning, hazards, and projectiles, all pikachu free for alls on Fd with all items on high you are playing the wrong game.
Look lets face it this is a competitive fighting game and as such we need to improve its audience. I do think adding stages like that may do it but they will come and leave 5 secs latter when the best matches they can watch are ally vs m2k on hanenbow or ADHD put Shadow in a 299% banana lock on green greens(theoretical get at me :p) until you eliminate the extreme random events. The point im getting at is most people want a middle ground competitive fighting combined with elements of platforming, but with the stage list suggested we are all gonna be playing NSMBWII with different characters and backgrounds.

I think most tournaments are at that middle ground which is good because i'll admit we did start off a bit rough with the 3 starters. Pushing this too far will just push away the entire smash scene especially with the attitude of prove us wrong, what in the first part makes you right?(aimed at perthies OS)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
One of the biggest complaints about the stage is people camping the edges.
If they camp the edges they can be harder to approach.
The apples give whoever's in the middle an extra tool to stop camping.
The apples aren't any worse than one of Peach's turnips.
The apples can also heal a small percentage, which also discourages camping.

What of that is incorrect?
Still awaiting a reply luke.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its not just that they get a tool to stop camping, but simply being in the right place at the right time gives you apples to heal and attack with (which is btw, and unfair advantage, something we're trying to avoid)

its not simply black and white case of, I'm camping, so you get apples.
howabout it you hit me over there just as the apples spawn, cool now your at a disadvantage even though you hit me.

and they are also different from peachs turnips, last time I checked peachs turnips dont heal.
also they do more knockback (and damage too?) then regular turnips, apples can kill.
and peachs character is balanced out with turnips, other characters that rightly shouldnt have projectiles getting apples is not a fun situation for the opponent.

now it may not be a huge advantage sure, but again its enough to turn the tide of a match when it should have been, and combinded with the falling block bull****, it gives the stage too much random chance (like cool, I just lost a grandfinal because I hit a guy away and on the way over some apples spawned near him, gg)

happy now?
could you really not have come up with that by yourself?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Im so getting owned for this
now it may not be a huge advantage sure, but again its enough to turn the tide of a match when it should have been, and combinded with the falling block bull****, it gives the stage too much random chance (like cool, I just lost a grandfinal because I hit a guy away and on the way over some apples spawned near him, gg)
Im pretty sure we've already seen grandfinals lost due to a random hazard, aka tripping, and one due to a stage aka Frigates flip. Just part of how the stage operates. As for the blocks it's not hard to work out when to go through that area, once one block falls its safe to go through there. Although is a bit of a hazard Ill admit if say lucas is waiting in the middle ready to pk fire a bomb block if you're approaching with say Marth who has no projectiles. But that's how counterpicks work.

and they are also different from peachs turnips, last time I checked peachs turnips dont heal.
also they do more knockback (and damage too?) then regular turnips, apples can kill.
Peach has a 1/36 chance of pulling a stitch face
1/200 (or was it 300) chance of pulling a bob omb/saturn/laser sword.
I think peach is a bit more devastating then apples.
G+W can heal himself if he hits a 7,
Ness/Lucas can absorb PSI Attacks (Granted none from the stages we have).

Just my points on the matter.

In reality I think it should be banned though haha

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
again though, its not just a point of saying, "the blocks arnt a hazard because you can time your way through them" what if you get hit across the stage and one just so happens to spawn in your path and you hit it, you have no control over that.

also the apples will appear much much much more fequently then peaches 1 in too many numbers chance of pulling something ****.

frigate is similar but at the same time its not, there's plenty of warning and its far less disruptive.
I play on that level alot and I think in all my 2 years I may have died from the flipping once or twice in a tourney and thats it, greens greens is alot different.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
its not just that they get a tool to stop camping, but simply being in the right place at the right time gives you apples to heal and attack with (which is btw, and unfair advantage, something we're trying to avoid)
How is it an unfair advantage if anyone can do it? It's not a matter of apples fall and only X can use them. They aren't something like a random smash ball falling in your lap. They're easily shield/dodge/grabbable.

its not simply black and white case of, I'm camping, so you get apples.
howabout it you hit me over there just as the apples spawn, cool now your at a disadvantage even though you hit me.
How about you hit me over there into halberds laser/picto hazard/orphion flip? It's simply stage control. You kept your opponent away from where the apples spawn. Congrats!

and peachs character is balanced out with turnips, other characters that rightly shouldnt have projectiles getting apples is not a fun situation for the opponent.
Apples do more damage/knockback than the weakest turnip, yes.
Apples do not spawn anywhere near as often as turnips.
Apples do not kill until significant percentages
Apples are easily dodgable/sheildable/grabbable

The game was created with items in mind, so I think it's more likely to say that characters were balanced with items in mind. And who cares weather it's a fun situation for the opponent or not? Being chaingrabbed with IC's isn't fun for their opponent either.

If other characters shouldn't be able to use projectiles then they should not be able to grab grenades/turnips/bananaas/peanuts/armour parts from other characters.

[/quote]

A lot of stages can do little things that turn the tide. So what? Heck, even the starters can do big things that change a match.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxc-I1cI1aI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxc-I1cI1aI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now if Falco came back and won the match, that means the stage affected the results by a HUGE effort.

I don't think something as miniscule as an opponent getting a weak projectile or being healed by 9% is going to cause matches to be drastically changed entirely by their existence.

Plus it also puts less of an emphasis on camping a corner. Stages that actively discourage camping is always a good thing in my book.

tedeth

Smash Master
It's beyond me that would would even compare Yoshi's to Green Greens. Yoshis is a reasonably simple stage with slight slopes on it that don't effect the way you move. Those platforms save you about as often as Randal does on Yoshi's island melee, which, if you want to argue isn't neutral with all the melee players that have been playing on it as neutral for like, 8 years? then be my guest.

Green Greens has alot of problems with it. It's not just the edge camping. In fact the edge camping isn't as big of a problem as other things. Just sittin on the sides forcing your opponent to approach from directly above you is the gay. Try getting to an MK like that. You'll get *****. Not to mention what it can do for projectile users.

Honestly if it was a matter of the blocks just dropping and randomly saving you then it'd be fine. But losing an entire stock because you just got knocked into a falling bomb at like 50% is so stupid. Wall infinites work against the blocks when they pile up.

Even comparing this stage to Frigate is dumb. Yes the platforms can come out the side and save you, Yes the stage can flip and kill you like 1 in a billion times if you don't avoid the flip correctly. But when in competitive play these particular interuptions are so short that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game.

The apples really aren't what I have a problem with. The blocks and general stage layout is stupid.

And if we're showing youtube clips of why stages are dumb, let's look at these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHfhKD8yCjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9k-q-9uJU

Just imagine camping behind an impenetrable wall of fire. Oh yeah that's not broken.

or maybe this is more your flavour?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C201wx0xmT8

Arguments?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Apples do more damage/knockback than the weakest turnip, yes.
Apples do not spawn anywhere near as often as turnips.
Apples do not kill until significant percentages
Apples are easily dodgable/sheildable/grabbable

strong turnips do not spawn anywhere near as often as apples
kill moves do not kill until killing percents, so saying apples are the same doesnt mean ****
having a ranged kill move is unbelievably good
anything is easily dodgable/shieldable/grabbable, but your opponent can put you in bad positions where its easy to hit you with an apple (just go talk to a ZSS player)

again although I'm argueing apples, they arent the problem, just a small addition to what is already a bull**** stage, as ted has argued above.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Look lets face it this is a competitive fighting game and as such we need to improve its audience. I do think adding stages like that may do it but they will come and leave 5 secs latter when the best matches they can watch are ally vs m2k on hanenbow or ADHD put Shadow in a 299% banana lock on green greens(theoretical get at me :p) until you eliminate the extreme random events. The point im getting at is most people want a middle ground competitive fighting combined with elements of platforming, but with the stage list suggested we are all gonna be playing NSMBWII with different characters and backgrounds.

I think most tournaments are at that middle ground which is good because i'll admit we did start off a bit rough with the 3 starters. Pushing this too far will just push away the entire smash scene especially with the attitude of prove us wrong, what in the first part makes you right?(aimed at perthies OS)
All pikachu free for alls is a limited skill set and not one we created.

The correct hyperbole usage would be "2 minute FFAs with a random stage and all items on!!!", and my reply would be "We've tested this and have seen there isn't consistent victories in this game mode". If you don't get consistent winners, it's not competitive. Removing items, adding stock, and allowing stage striking and counterpicks allowed for a more streamlined and less random tournament and it has improved our scene. Limiting it further doesn't give less random victories; it gives more consistent victories only to certain types of characters, which is directly influencing the metagame and something we should avoid.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Perth is so angry.
You love it_

All pikachu free for alls is a limited skill set and not one we created.

The correct hyperbole usage would be "2 minute FFAs with a random stage and all items on!!!", and my reply would be "We've tested this and have seen there isn't consistent victories in this game mode". If you don't get consistent winners, it's not competitive. Removing items, adding stock, and allowing stage striking and counterpicks allowed for a more streamlined and less random tournament and it has improved our scene. Limiting it further doesn't give less random victories; it gives more consistent victories only to certain types of characters, which is directly influencing the metagame and something we should avoid.
On that note_ Couldn't allowing more stages also prove beneficial to certain characters which may already have a benefit as it currently stands_ This in turn would then still act as your last sentence states "directly influencing the metagame and something we should avoid."

It's a double sided sword which could swing both ways and technically worsen the current situation instead of actually improving it_ If you are giving more viable stages to characters who don't need them, then theoretically you will be further improving there stage options and viability overall, in turn strengthening them more than they may already currently stand_ Anyways off to write up a proposal_ Stay tuned_

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You love it_

On that note_ Couldn't allowing more stages also prove beneficial to certain characters which may already have a benefit as it currently stands_ This in turn would then still act as your last sentence states "directly influencing the metagame and something we should avoid."

It's a double sided sword which could swing both ways and technically worsen the current situation instead of actually improving it_ If you are giving more viable stages to characters who don't need them, then theoretically you will be further improving there stage options and viability overall, in turn strengthening them more than they may already currently stand_ Anyways off to write up a proposal_ Stay tuned_
You ____are_ approaching ____it from ___the wrong direction._________________________________________

You're given a giant ball_______ of clay, and _you sculpt__ from the clay. You aren't "adding" stages____________________; they're already there. You're only ____removing them.

You only remove stages when they are a __________detriment to competitive play. That's it. For some avenues, like MLG, spectators are important and there are other things to take into account there, but for a competitive__________ game? Just don't remove stages unless you have to._______

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___

True Romance

Smash Ace
You ____are_ approaching ____it from ___the wrong direction._________________________________________

You're given a giant ball_______ of clay, and _you sculpt__ from the clay. You aren't "adding" stages____________________; they're already there. You're only ____removing them.

You only remove stages when they are a __________detriment to competitive play. That's it. For some avenues, like MLG, spectators are important and there are other things to take into account there, but for a competitive__________ game? Just don't remove stages unless you have to._______

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___
Mmm I'm detecting something peculiar about OS's punctuation, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace

___
I think you're over exaggerating a bit OS, especially with the underscores which are particularly lowbrow humor and doesn't give any more leverage to your argument instead just making you now look childish and unprofessional for someone who is apparently for introducing more stages and an SBR member no less_

Your analogies are pointless also_ Let's look at your discussion about a death match_ A 'fair' fight would involve 2 people in a ring or 'stage' against only each other regardless of fighting style_ Take UFC for example_ BUT if someone from the outside starts throwing in weapons to a particular player or at random then there becomes an 'unfair' advantage at stake because it is an uncontrolled element being introduced to the match_

If both people had weapons or one agreed to fighting another with a weapon that is accepted, but once that random element is introduced is it still deemed as a 'fair' fight_? By your thoughts of 'who cares it's a fight to death', then theoretically ALL stages should be allowed because 'who cares it's just a fighting game, deal with it'_ Am i correct to assume this is your mentality from your analogies_

On the note of clay sculpting also_ I think you have bent the concept to your favour by forgetting the fact that sculptors not only remove clay but also ADD clay_ This in turn would also mean they are not restricted to only one way of manipulation, instead adjusting the sculpting to their use or preference_

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you're over exaggerating a bit OS, especially with the underscores which are particularly lowbrow humor and doesn't give any more leverage to your argument instead just making you now look childish and unprofessional for someone who is apparently for introducing more stages and an SBR member no less_

Your analogies are pointless also_ Let's look at your discussion about a death match_ A 'fair' fight would involve 2 people in a ring or 'stage' against only each other regardless of fighting style_ Take UFC for example_ BUT if someone from the outside starts throwing in weapons to a particular player or at random then there becomes an 'unfair' advantage at stake because it is an uncontrolled element being introduced to the match_

If both people had weapons or one agreed to fighting another with a weapon that is accepted, but once that random element is introduced is it still deemed as a 'fair' fight_? By your thoughts of 'who cares it's a fight to death', then theoretically ALL stages should be allowed because 'who cares it's just a fighting game, deal with it'_ Am i correct to assume this is your mentality from your analogies_

On the note of clay sculpting also_ I think you have bent the concept to your favour by forgetting the fact that sculptors not only remove clay but also ADD clay_ This in turn would also mean they are not restricted to only one way of manipulation, instead adjusting the sculpting to their use or preference_
You've managed to take everything I said, remove the point of it all, and then talk about it. You're like that kid in English class that hears the moral of the story behind goldilocks and the three bears and responds with "But bears can't TALK"

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Again with analogies_ Cant you be more straightforward instead of beating around the bush_ Instead of using completely seperate situations why don't you just talk about why you feel x stage should e allowed_

Again making assumptions about my character with pointless analagies_ Do you know how to debate_? Is this how you argue your point about stage without ever bringing them up with valid points for or against them_ Wht does Goldilocks have to do with intelligent stage discussion_

I'm not going to bother replying to anymore of your pointless arguments whilst you continue to vainly attempt to mock my intelligence making yourself look stupider in the process_

Luke and Ted I should have listened to you instead of waste my time with this_ Im starting to think OS is Alzi_

Muzga

Smash Ace
I think that certain members of our scene need to learn to keep their egos in check.
Perth used to be so awesome but it seems like theres been a lot of hate going around. Honestly i think the tournament format we already have isn't broken and doesn't need optimising, but that is just my opinion. You may feel otherwise and continue to force what i think is a bad stage list down my throat, but when you make a decision to change something you own the feedback you get. Don't perpetuate a ****storm and just focus on trying to justify your playlist and prove everyone wrong. *****ing and resulting to personal attacks and bringing all this traffic into the perth thread is unneccesarry and really frustrating to read.

In future if a TO dictates a ruleset and you don't like it then you don't have to attend the tournament, hold your own tournaments. If a tournament with a ****ty ruleset gets a 3 person turnout then the TO will wise up. Getting in a big fuss and debating it is fine if youre trill because you're a prick and you dont realise it will go nowhere but if youre not trill then you should realise that the reason for the stagelist in this tournament was designed so that we as a scene could draw our own conclusions through actually trying each stage ourselves as opposed to listening to the justification other people give. It would give perth a chance to establish its own sbr approved stagelist. You can talk about how other communities have figured out ways to exploit a stage and that may catch on quickly but you don't know if a stage will work well for us or not unless you try it. Distant planet is a stage i think we should use so it gives me the chance to prove that it can and should be used in our cp list for example. If you disagree with a stage or dont want to see it in tournaments, while we are experimenting then show us how or why its broken or exploitable. That way then we can ban the stage and it'll be no different then before. Thats the point of experimenting.

Bear in mind that i am not here to perpetuate a ****storm. If you disagree with anything i have said then i am okay with it. I am not going to debate this. If you think im wrong then please continue to exhaust the time of a frustrated scene because...
..oh wait..

Its Pointless

Trillest

Smash Ace
I think that certain members of our scene need to learn to keep their egos in check.

Getting in a big fuss and debating it is fine if youre trill because you're a prick and you dont realise it will go nowhere but if youre not trill then you should realise that the reason for the stagelist in this tournament was designed so that we as a scene could draw our own conclusions through actually trying each stage ourselves as opposed to listening to the justification other people give.

Bear in mind that i am not here to perpetuate a ****storm.
Its Pointless
hmmm funny!

btw people i am the only person to supply reasons for and against using certain counter/banned stages

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Andre i don't think we have enough people capable of or willing to truly exploit the weaknesses of particular stages_ More so the second part of people willing_ Tournament turnouts are there mostly because people go to catch up with each other also so a bad tournament may still get a good turnout_

I'm willing to be proven wrong and would love to hear of people exploiting stages and making there points known_ My worry is that we allow stages that may be abused in future tournaments heavily, in particular EI3 which is a large factor in creating an impression for the Perth scene_ Im not implying bending over backwards for the east but merely defending our own scene from being shamed due to bad stage choices and rules_

So bored waiting till 3_ Stupid hospital times_ I won't be on till Monday so good luck with your tournamet and expirmentation as gay ad that last part sounded_

Top Bottom