• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Andre it's funny i don't post for awhile and this thread gets worse. I don't know who stared this conversation about stages think it was pete someone give me a low down story.

Oh i also saw luke trying to take on mic when i was browsing in here. Luke you can't call people bad players when you are bad yourself and this will get proven well by some perth member tommorow. ;) hahahah.

THRILLER HYPE GUYS. I'm the only perth member going to this so i shall make you guys proud.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Honestly i think the tournament format we already have isn't broken and doesn't need optimising, but that is just my opinion. You may feel otherwise and continue to force what i think is a bad stage list down my throat, but when you make a decision to change something you own the feedback you get.
QFT

It's not just your opinion Andre.

Pete278

Smash Lord
If we could legitimately add more stages that aren't broken, though, why not? What's the problem with having more stages if they aren't broken? Nobody's saying these stages -will- be permanent, but without any proof against them they'll stay. If they're broken, just prove them broken. Easily done.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Again with analogies_ Cant you be more straightforward instead of beating around the bush_ Instead of using completely seperate situations why don't you just talk about why you feel x stage should e allowed_

Again making assumptions about my character with pointless analagies_ Do you know how to debate_? Is this how you argue your point about stage without ever bringing them up with valid points for or against them_ Wht does Goldilocks have to do with intelligent stage discussion_

I'm not going to bother replying to anymore of your pointless arguments whilst you continue to vainly attempt to mock my intelligence making yourself look stupider in the process_

Luke and Ted I should have listened to you instead of waste my time with this_ Im starting to think OS is Alzi_
How about you realize the burden of proof is on you?

You don't ban every stage and add them back in. You say "here's the problem with this stage" and then remove it.

I use analogies to put things into an easier context for you; you use underscores as a standard and mispell half the words in your post, all while using phrases like "whilst you continue to vainly attempt to mock my intelligence making yourself look stupider in the process".

If you'd want, I could turn on the philoso-speak.

The intrinsic properties of any competitive medium, that is, one in which a competition with a consistent victor through a set means may be formed, must be of such that allows for optimal growth sans stagnation and repetition save for the repeated use of prime-optimum strategies and skill sets, of which we can focus our efforts on to determine their competitive viability in reference to fairness on a universal scale that does not extrapolate individual idiosyncrasies and preferences.

It doesn't really matter either way. Stop using underscores.

Overswarm - Location: Northern Kentucky
Corpsecrete- Location: Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm61svN4U5g

Andre i don't think we have enough people capable of or willing to truly exploit the weaknesses of particular stages_ More so the second part of people willing_ Tournament turnouts are there mostly because people go to catch up with each other also so a bad tournament may still get a good turnout_

I'm willing to be proven wrong and would love to hear of people exploiting stages and making there points known_ My worry is that we allow stages that may be abused in future tournaments heavily, in particular EI3 which is a large factor in creating an impression for the Perth scene_ Im not implying bending over backwards for the east but merely defending our own scene from being shamed due to bad stage choices and rules_
The MW has used "unconventional" stages since day 1. Our attendence has been growing faster than any other region when you compare the population density. We regularly have 50 man locals.

Muzga

Smash Ace
If process of elimination is how they want to go about it then thats okay,
But if the community aside from one or two people is already happy with the stagelist as it is then introducing the need to justify every stage becomes a lengthy and cumbersome process. Its the main reason the majority of the people in our scene have a problem with it.

For the record why are you bothering to perpetuate such a petty argument overswarm? Most of our scene was satisfied with our existing stage list. I dont get why you're in here in the first place. This community has nothing to do with you. You'll banter with bob but i promise you that nothing in perpetuating this ****storm is going to change or achieve anything so i think you should stop.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If process of elimination is how they want to go about it then thats okay,
But if the community aside from one or two people is already happy with the stagelist as it is then introducing the need to justify every stage becomes a lengthy and cumbersome process. Its the main reason people have a problem with it.

For the record why are you bothering to perpetuate such a petty argument overswarm? Most of our scene was satisfied with our existing stage list. I dont get why you're in here in the first place. This community has nothing to do with you. You'll banter with bob but i promise you that nothing in perpetuating this ****storm is going to change or achieve anything so i think you should stop.
I was summoned, and if you're playing smash you're part of the global community.

L2P Stages.

Muzga

Smash Ace
You were summoned by the one person who wants to change things,
the rest of us dont want you here

Your opinion of our stage list is duly noted
but it doesnt change the fact that youre wasting our time
Theres really not much else to say on the matter

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Hehe yeah I remember that. The problem Overswarm is that that news story was broadcast in Australia. Now correct me if im wrong but a news crew wouldnt go put something thats commonplace on the news otherwise nobody would care, as such it proves that this particular incident is an irregularity to the normal behaviour of the general population of Australia. This makes your counter-argument rended void but it was still entertaining to see your response ;D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hehe yeah I remember that. The problem Overswarm is that that news story was broadcast in Australia. Now correct me if im wrong but a news crew wouldnt go put something thats commonplace on the news otherwise nobody would care, as such it proves that this particular incident is an irregularity to the normal behaviour of the general population of Australia. This makes your counter-argument rended void but it was still entertaining to see your response ;D
What? I don't care about the kid, I was talking about the reporter. What a buzz kill.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Im guessing pete asked you to quickly jump on his laptop to back you up.
Fair enough,
I thought you might pipe up at some point but it doesnt change the fact that nobody else cares.
Wasting our time
Get out overswarm
Same thing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Im guessing pete asked you to quickly jump on his laptop to back you up.
Fair enough,
I thought you might pipe up at some point but it doesnt change the fact that nobody else cares.
Wasting our time
Get out overswarm
Same thing
Like the moon over
the day my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools

~Bowser
Haiku

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Perth thread contains arguments,
Based off ego's believe they are correct,
Dai Gurren move out!
~Martehs butchered haiku

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just a little knife
A few quick stabs to the gut
Now I feel better.

Muzga

Smash Ace
So yeah, thanks pete for holding the awesome fest. Im pretty much spewing over the fact that i couldnt stay for the duration of the 3 day fest but it was still pretty awesome anyway.

Much love guys
Youve improved heaps rick, keep it up.
Shoutouts later

Trillest

Smash Ace
So yeah, thanks pete for holding the awesome fest. Im pretty much spewing over the fact that i couldnt stay for the duration of the 3 day fest but it was still pretty awesome anyway.

Much love guys
Youve improved heaps rick, keep it up.
Shoutouts later
Um Andre i hope you weren't aiming for a haiku then

Muzga

Smash Ace
yeah nah i dont do haikus
that arrangements resemblence to a haiku was unintentional.
Its just how i use shorthand

Muzga

Smash Ace
Nasch- Well done on your good results for another tournament. It feels like youve been deserving a win (well a joint win is still a win) for a while now. good stuff!
Trill- Good job too. Nice job knocking me out of losers, I blame the new stage list.
Peat- Youve gotten a lot better. well done on getting 4th. Maybe next time we play a set you should counterpick a balanced stage:p
Rick- Wow. Good job on coming so far on your own. Next time things will be different.
Trav- Good set. I feel like that set with you has kicked me out of this slump ive been in a bit. Thank you for a good set.
Glenn- YAAAAAY
Jesse- Sorry about the.. well.. What happens in tournaments stays in tournaments
Marty- Thank you for your support in munchkin. It was a close game. i shouldnt have wasted all my buffs amd all of everyone elses buffs on my own monster
Alex- Didnt talk to you att all but cool seeing ya
Graeme- Well it sucked that you didnt join in the tournament but i think it was justifiable.
Tommy- Basement virgin. Nice.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Andre about the stage list your being a bit of a hypocrite you avidly used the counters but you only mention stages in matches/sets you lost.

not cool.

btw i dont think you'll agree with me (i.e. no evidence blah blah blah) but norfair,port town,luigi's,hanenbow and ps2 should not be counter stages

The others I dont think should be outright banned but will be found unplayable later

Muzga

Smash Ace
Andre about the stage list your being a bit of a hypocrite you avidly used the counters but you only mention stages in matches/sets you lost.

not cool.

btw i dont think you'll agree with me (i.e. no evidence blah blah blah) but norfair,port town,luigi's,hanenbow and ps2 should not be counter stages

The others I dont think should be outright banned but will be found unplayable later
They are asking us to disprove the use of those stages. I cant do it if i dont use those stages
/pointlessness

Also youll find i didnt lose enough matches for you to have any basis in saying that. I picked hanenbow once against you. That was the extent of it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Now correct me if im wrong but a news crew wouldnt go put something thats commonplace on the news otherwise nobody would care, as such it proves that this particular incident is an irregularity to the normal behaviour of the general population of Australia.
It's A Current Affair - that show where reporters go because they aren't wanted anywhere else??? Extreme Bias FTW :p

I refuse that placement - my only win was against Tommy, AND I got two or three byes in the loser's bracket :p Oh, I didn't use Diddy at all in the tournament btw (inb4 that was the reason I came 7th, shuddup :p)

Thoughts and impressions on te stage list_
I only played on the regular stages in Singles, and doubles was mid tier only, so no I don't have any logical or important input...

Other than Green Greens has made an enemy :p

Thanks for hosting Pete, and my apologies for the loud swearing :p Hope the neighbours didn't complain (sif they'd complain specifically about that over Munchkin/DBZ shenanigans anyway xD)

I would do shoutouts but I feel it pointless - I am pretty sure I spoke to everyone at some point during the three day fest, and I only know of a couple of people who would really care about it being up in pixels...

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
The new stages at the tournament I don't think made too much difference to the outcome. I don't think the stages were abused to a large degree by anyone. I think what happened was that people have barely, or even never, played on some of the stages and therefore didn't know what happened on them. Main stage showing this would be Port Town. In my opinion it should be considered a CP because there always is a way to avoid the cars whether it's using multiple jumps, standing on the available platforms or staying to one side.

Green Greens I don't think was played much, maybe in a couple of games in doubles and that had very little difference compared to if it was a starter (not saying that it should be a starter so don't strawman me :p) so IMO it should be a CP because of the low ceiling helping and hindering some characters which is the whole point of CPs.

Yoshi Island Melee I think was solely CP'd by Pete and I don't think, from the matches I saw any stand out reason why it should be banned. All it is is annoying and you can't ban a stage because it's annoying, even though I'm pretty sure we have.

Norfair, from the match I played against Buff on it, is definitely a stage that helps character that can camp well but that is the same reason why campy character go to FD. There is absolutely no reason why this stage should be banned for the lava waves/spurts. Plain and simple, don't be bad.

Those are all the stages that I can really comment on, I didn't get too play them enough and maybe they weren't used to their full, gay potential but this tournament didn't show that these stages are bannable.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh no. Trill. Come back.

Oh well, he's gone... So whats this I hear about a cake???

Trillest

Smash Ace
Shoutouts
Tonnes of **** happened that was pimpin n awesome just trying to remember stuff makes my brain orgasm slightly

Andy: Awesome job DUDE next time ima win great work bringing the **** tbh if there is any1 in the scene i paint a target on to beat its u :D

Jesse: Where u at Bro ? I know you better than this! Step it up (or main a higher character srsly **** around with them) I have faith in ya skillz just grind some exp n u b fine

Pete: Awesome 3dayfest shame bout the tourney, you know ppl/payout/stagelist wise :p Hey i bet mk is real tempting maybe even make your wario legit! Oh Cell for prez

Techno: Man your almost at coreys level (proxy) which is insane cos your not having smash rage matches every day against me. So keep it pimpin! 1 tip concentrate on your defensive game i'm not talking camping but powershielding/airdodging wise

Andre: Good matches shame bout the sd's got **** on delfino um for oonce not being a prick (don't get use to it) but andre your have good tech skill/reading skills but use mixups and defensive games a lot more

Trav: STUPID KID GOKU! Shame I didnt see you play but always awesome fun doin **** with ya bra

Marteh: Yes oh god yes you finally realised how to play munchkins, I'm so proud! Every time you started screwing people over i had to hold back the tears

Mic: kekeke 4 levels :D sorry man ^^

Buff/GAIZ: Man i swear in a different language your name means awesome

Glenn: Nice work on winning munchkins and my 35 cent /sneers at jesse :p

Alex: Well played today coming back from losers in dub tbh both you and quetz follow the exact same approaches mix it up son!

Hope i didnt forget any1 also hit me up with EI3 stuff somebodies gotta crunch your numbers :D

Top Bottom