• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow Mic. Well done. You've just proven Lukes point due to your own ignorance. See you don't actually hit the shyguys unless you have a hitbox out. Simple running into them won't stall you. They are considered background objects with hurtboxes only. You can hit them with a hitbox, but simply running into them after being hit won't slow you down or even impact them in any way.
Oh? Guess I stand corrected. One point to you then.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
You're forgetting that the blocks have to fall from the top Mic, while that's happening, you get hit into them you have a chance of being stalled from hitting the bottom of a normal block or being ***** by hitting a bomb block.

Another thing, what's stopping someone from throwing you into a bomb on green greens?

I don't like what you're saying, but I don't have much(if any) on the stages in question. So I don't really want to get that much into it. Perhaps a standardised stage list for Australia so be made with all the TOs in each region discuss why/why not each stage should be included(afaik this hasn't been done before). It'll probably save time and stop arguments breaking out between regions and the discussion would actually be available in one spot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have 3 stages on random - Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville.
IC players must love you.

It basically all comes down to a few universal truths:

1. There are many different skills in Brawl; adaptation to different stage styles is one of them. Saying you should only play one type of stage is no different than an FPS player saying he would only play small, symmetrical maps. It eliminates entire skill sets.

2. The more options you have for growth, the more robust a game becomes. It's more competitive and more entertaining to have more options.

When you arbitrarily remove stages because you don't like them, you don't get much in the way of a game. Worse, the game you're left with has randomly given certain advantages to certain types of characters and players!

The correct way is to use as many stages as possible and document the "bad matches". If you see two players play Green Greens and they don't know what they're doing and they get killed by bombs, so what? They didn't know the stage. If you see two people that DO know green greens and the stage is just screwing them over left and right, THEN you have a reason for concern. None of this "but it happened to meeeeeeeeee" stuff.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I agree that learning stages and their hazards are part of improving your adaptability but you cant deny that the 'but it happened to meeeeeeeeeee' stuff is an element of luck that CANNOT be avoided regardless of how well you know the stage. I prefer to focus on pure gameplay skill rather than understanding as many stages as perfectly as possible, that isnt to say I dont know the traits of most stages it just means its less of a focus for me and is why I only have those 3 stages on random.

Note: My bro doesnt play IC and neither do I so it makes no difference to me :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
now you've done it, you've brought in overswarm, good work ;)

anyways mic its not just 1 point to ted, its you proving my pivotal point, and that was (flame me all you like btw guys) your bad at the game because you have very little knowledge about the game, your talking like you know everything but you dont really know a whole lot at all, hate me if you want but you know its true so please stop saying dumb stuff to 'counter' our posts.

Trillest

Smash Ace
I agree with summoner, in a whole that idea promotes a standardized stage list which means interstate travel for nations is a tad easier and also makes it easier to compare players from different states. Stages play a lot bigger part then what some of the perthies make it out to be (every1 has a fav/hated stage for obv reasons)

Also Overswarm real men play rob :D

Also there is a huge difference between competing with another player on a stage and competing against a stage with another player

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, we got some Overswarm in the thread. Bizarre.

You're forgetting that the blocks have to fall from the top Mic, while that's happening, you get hit into them you have a chance of being stalled from hitting the bottom of a normal block or being ***** by hitting a bomb block.
Yup. Not sure what you're getting at though. Don't get thrown there?

Another thing, what's stopping someone from throwing you into a bomb on green greens?
Absolutely nothing. Do it to them before they do it to you! It's not any different than throwing someone into the bullets in Picto.

I don't like what you're saying, but I don't have much(if any) on the stages in question. So I don't really want to get that much into it. Perhaps a standardised stage list for Australia so be made with all the TOs in each region discuss why/why not each stage should be included(afaik this hasn't been done before). It'll probably save time and stop arguments breaking out between regions and the discussion would actually be available in one spot.
It didn't happen in Melee when there was less people, what makes you think that'll work now when there's more stages, more characters and more players? Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but good luck getting everyone to agree on one.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Wow, we got some Overswarm in the thread. Bizarre.
I got him here! He quoted MY POST! ITS ALL MY FAULT!

Anyway im not really part of this stage discussion since I dont really care too much about it. I just say something every now and then and then I disappear for a while :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
why dont you say something good corpse like "hey guys, turns out I'm going to thriller afterall, see you there"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
now you've done it, you've brought in overswarm, good work ;)

anyways mic its not just 1 point to ted, its you proving my pivotal point, and that was (flame me all you like btw guys) your bad at the game because you have very little knowledge about the game, your talking like you know everything but you dont really know a whole lot at all, hate me if you want but you know its true so please stop saying dumb stuff to 'counter' our posts.
What 'dumb' stuff have I said? Specific quotes, not paraphrasing.

EDIT: Actually, let me rephrase that. What have I said that has been wrong?

True Romance

Smash Ace
But wasn't Lain here to call you out on being dumb? And Overswarm was essentially the same thing...?
Learn to read scrub. Pretty sure Overswarm came in to disagree with most of the easterners opinoins regarding stage lists. I think he's wrong but that doesn't make your post any less bad.

Now better flaming or gtfo. Perth Thread is serious bizz yo.

tedeth

Smash Master

Mic. I literally quoted something that you said that was wrong, then corrected you, and you then admitted you were wrong.

Ironically, due to this fact, I will use the post I have quoted above to point out something you said that was 'dumb'.

In other news, me and Luke are clearly correct in all cases due to one simple fact:
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4323/photo0093.jpg

That's right. We hugged Lain.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no mic, we're not doing this again, first it was "hey your a liar unless you go through 30,000 posts to find something I said like 6 months ago" like I'm going to be bothered to do that,
and now its "hey your a liar unless you go quote the dumb things I said in the last 5 pages"
no, cant be bothered, if you care about it go back and look yourself, bascially everything I counterargued was something dumb that you said.

also yes, overswarm was directly argueing the opposite of what me and ted are argueing

also ted you are my hero

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I think Lain came in when we were talking about banning IC's infinite and he said that we shouldn't, we just need to L2P, so yeah calling us out for being dumb.

He looks more like a hipster than a stoner.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord

Oh Master Mic. Please forgive these insolent mere mortals for they are unaware of your infinitely flowing power and wisdom. Have mercy on their poor souls for they do not know that your words are perfection and that a 'wrong statement' on your part is a universal impossibility.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic. I literally quoted something that you said that was wrong, then corrected you, and you then admitted you were wrong.

Ironically, due to this fact, I will use the post I have quoted above to point out something you said that was 'dumb'.
*Facepalm* Clearly I was assuming that you would have understood I meant something other than that.

no mic, we're not doing this again, first it was "hey your a liar unless you go through 30,000 posts to find something I said like 6 months ago" like I'm going to be bothered to do that,
and now its "hey your a liar unless you go quote the dumb things I said in the last 5 pages"
no, cant be bothered, if you care about it go back and look yourself, bascially everything I counterargued was something dumb that you said.
First, where did I say you were a liar? You said I said a bunch of 'dumb'/incorrect stuff and I asked for specifics. And I'm not asking from 6 months ago or anything stupid, I'm talking about today.
Secondly, YOU make the claim, it's your job to back it up with proof. Otherwise I can claim anything I want and say you haven't proven it wrong.

Pete278

Smash Lord
By the way, I think in the ****storm of stage discussion, people might not have noticed that infinites are also legal. How does everyone feel about that?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
godammn it mic, so many facepalms...

I already gave you your proof, go look back 5 pages or so, if you cant see the problem there then nothing I say will convince you otherwise,

second the whole 6 months ago thing, remember that pm you sent me a while ago, asking me to go find something that I quoted from you, and I told you to get stuffed because I didnt care enough to go looking, and your response was something like "thats what I thought, dont make stuff up"
I'd link the pm but I deleted it some time ago

I gotta say mic, with all due respect, your memory is the ****test memory I've ever encounted.

tedeth

Smash Master
*Facepalm* Clearly I was assuming that you would have understood I meant something other than that.
Also, according to this you could pretty much take anything Luke posted and say "anything other than that."

I pointed out something you said that was wrong and dumb, and yet you have the ability to ignore that? I was unaware supreme ignorance was a mod power thesedays.

True Romance

Smash Ace
**** yeah flame all the mods at the same time!!!

The only thing this argument is missing is Alzi.

He'd suggest a spirit tracks speed run as a cp for sure.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey it's overswarm

What's your opinion on Norfair?
It's a good stage. Everything "bad" about the stage has been exaggerated fully. Despite being the "campiest stage ever omg", most of the matches in the midwest are faster here because it forces approaches. A match between Blue Rogue, a good wario, and myself, Metaknight, on this stage took half the time our normal matches take. Reason why is because you're constantly moving around trying to get to a better position. If you're above someone, they can shark you. If you're below, you can shark them. Side to side is standard play, but with a lot more places to move.

The hazards are all easily avoidable, and prevent someone from just camping one area. The "strongest" spot in the stage is the bottom middle; it is also the most commonly interrupted by hazards.

It's a pretty epic stage for many characters, but no one really does stupid well on it.

And whoever used anything involving Lain as a "win" has completely invalidated their entire argument. It's like saying "Oh yeah? Well I own a pinto!" and using it to support your argument.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
being a mod doesnt make you a god or above the system, or smart..

wait what am I saying, of course it does

Top Bottom