• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Green Greens is dumb. Even dumber than RC.

How can you not ****ign see that?
How can you not ****ing see that?

Should I even go to Perth?

****!

Get better.
Last I checked "is dumb" is not a reason to ban, otherwise we'd have banned IC's chaingrab and a bunch of other currently legal "dumb" stuff

tedeth

Smash Master
You must be right, because otherwise we would have banned YOU!

Dayum.

But no seriously, on that note, we might aswell ban nothing right? Let's all play on New Pork City. It's dumb, but it's still less likely to kill you than Green Greens is.

EDIT: Hi Corpse. :)

True Romance

Smash Ace
Green Greens is dumb. Even dumber than RC.

How can you not ****ign see that?

Should I even go to Perth?

****!

Get better.
YOU DARE QUESTION MLG?!?!?!?

On another note, spear pillar with wario is hilarious.

If you time some one out of spear pillar with wario and they can't see the funny side of it, well they're lame :p

Not that I can speak for every one in the scene, but I'm pretty sure the majority of power ranked players in Perth would not approve of the spastic bunch of stages that are currently being thrown around as ideas for a permanent stage list. It's alright to **** around for one tournament for lols but I'd really strongly advise Perth TOs to be super careful. You guys can make the scene better or worse on your decisions.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I think at Friday's small tourney at the three day fest will be a very good way to test out the legality of the stages being added to the Counter list. I will probably end up either CPing Green Greens or even Port Town because I see them being possiblely good stages for Diddy. I may choose to go Samus against someone and CP Hanenbow but that will only be against players that I know that I can beat otherwise that's a waste of a CP as just the stage is not enough to make the character viable against top tier characters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You must be right, because otherwise we would have banned YOU!

Dayum.

But no seriously, on that note, we might aswell ban nothing right? Let's all play on New Pork City. It's dumb, but it's still less likely to kill you than Green Greens is.
Now who's being dumb. The reasoning for banning New Pork is pretty obvious. Unstoppable circle camping, caves of life, HUGE and difficulty seeing what's going on when not right in front of each other due to horrible zoom. Throw in a randomly spawning, character following, 1hkoing chimera for seasoning.

What's wrong with Bridge of Eldin, Shadow Moses and Rumble Falls?
BoE is huge, and allows for characters like D3 and Yoshi to chaingrab people to death from a single grab. Heh, I rmember when we last had it legal, Bringer 3 stocked Andre's Meta by just chaingrabbing him off the blast zone.

Shadow Moses: Infinite chaingrabs against wall. Walls get removed, then it's chaingrabs to death, just like BoE.

Rumble Falls: Random speedups, hazards with insane knockback, fighting against the stage, rather than the player, ala Icicle Mountain.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just stop mic, you have no idea what you're even talking about.

opps I mean, sorry mic, since your training to be a teach you must know everything, my bad.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Rumble Falls isn't as bad as its made out, and I probably would've had it legal for testing if I didn't value my life. I doubt I'd survive the ****storm from adding that, and no amount of logical arguments would save me.

Sieg

Smash Champion
just stop mic, you have no idea what you're even talking about.

opps I mean, sorry mic, since your training to be a teach you must know everything, my bad.
Great work there. I can see how constructive this post is.

You're just asking for it basically.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And like I said, he's out of arguments so has reduced to namecalling. Luke, if you've got nothing about stages to add, drop it and move on.

Pete, normally I'd be down for trying anything, but it's basically Icicle Mountain 2.0. the only thing that rumble has that's better than it is that it doesn't suddenly reverse direction. But that's like saying being run down by person X is better because unlike person Y they don't then reverse over you.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
BoE: So, just like the slope on Yoshi's? Granted it works on less people and not from everywhere, but soe characters still get it.

(I'm not quite sure many characters have 'infinite' chain grabs against walls, but I'll assume that you know this is correct. If you're refering to 'infinite' jabs against walls, they aren't infinite either afaik)

Shadow Moses: So just like green greens?

Rumble falls: Random speed ups? Shouldn't the players reaction time be more than enough to counter that (I think it was you who said something about reaction times)? Green Greens also has hazards with big knockback. Fighting the stage aka it's dumb...?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sieg, the moral high path

nah mic its more I bring up valid points, and you dismiss them with stupid stuff like for instance saying that hitting the shy guys on yoshis island is the same as hitting the blocks on green greens (protip, its not the same)

heres what you sound like

"shadow moses, only a few characters can chaingrab, and its easy to avoid the chain grab, just dont go near them, you might as well ban delphino island, its got walls too"

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have morales and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm off to watch my **** girl ****ting hentai fest now.

Did you know that it has expanded nipple ****ing? It's pretty awesome to jack off to.

Pete278

Smash Lord
And like I said, he's out of arguments so has reduced to namecalling. Luke, if you've got nothing about stages to add, drop it and move on.

Pete, normally I'd be down for trying anything, but it's basically Icicle Mountain 2.0. the only thing that rumble has that's better than it is that it doesn't suddenly reverse direction. But that's like saying being run down by person X is better because unlike person Y they don't then reverse over you.
Rainbow Ride moves too, you know.

tedeth

Smash Master
No no Luke I've got it. Mic likes stages that randomly kill people because it's the only way he wins. Bam.

We had a similar conversation about Green Greens in one of the Sydney threads a while back. Eventually even the dumbest of Sydneysiders agreed that the stage shouldn't be legal.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
shaya doesnt even like me

hey hey bowser dont get mad, he says something dumb, we'll tell him its dumb

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
BoE: So, just like the slope on Yoshi's? Granted it works on less people and not from everywhere, but soe characters still get it.
Eh, kinda but not quite. Very few can be grabbed, and the slope's only on the one side, on one half of the divided stage. So basically you have to be on the right side facing the right direction, as opposed to being grabbed anywhere.

(I'm not quite sure many characters have 'infinite' chain grabs against walls, but I'll assume that you know this is correct. If you're refering to 'infinite' jabs against walls, they aren't infinite either afaik)

Shadow Moses: So just like green greens?
Yeah, was referring to grabs.

Not quite. You can do stuff like tap the bottom blocks and the grabs won't work. And as long as the top blocks aren't destroyed they won't respawn either.

Rumble falls: Random speed ups? Shouldn't the players reaction time be more than enough to counter that (I think it was you who said something about reaction times)?
True, but there's a difference. Norfair you need to react to dodge being hit by lava. If you're hit into it, hey, ouch. On Rumble Falls you can be killed via a tap or 0% grab. Think of it as the last part of Rainbow Cruise when it scrolls back to the boat, but permanently at varying speeds. Pass.

Green Greens also has hazards with big knockback. Fighting the stage aka it's dumb...?
The stage isn't actively throwing bombs at you, they're just there. They don't affect you until either you or your opponent does something. Rumble is always scrolling affecting you from the get-go.

nah mic its more I bring up valid points, and you dismiss them with stupid stuff like for instance saying that hitting the shy guys on yoshis island is the same as hitting the blocks on green greens (protip, its not the same)
How's it not the same? You said that getting knocked into a falling block could end up just saving you, yet there's been a number of times I've only *just* survived because I was sent into a couple of shy-guys. Where's the difference?

EDIT:
Rainbow Ride moves too, you know.
It moves at a constant rate and doesn't have high knockback hazards.

tedeth

Smash Master
Wow Mic. Well done. You've just proven Lukes point due to your own ignorance. See you don't actually hit the shyguys unless you have a hitbox out. Simple running into them won't stall you. They are considered background objects with hurtboxes only. You can hit them with a hitbox, but simply running into them after being hit won't slow you down or even impact them in any way.

Trillest

Smash Ace
No no Luke I've got it. Mic likes stages that randomly kill people because it's the only way he wins. Bam.

We had a similar conversation about Green Greens in one of the Sydney threads a while back. Eventually even the dumbest of Sydneysiders agreed that the stage shouldn't be legal.
/Agree god **** you easterners and your sense !

Top Bottom