• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Lol!!!! 436 post counts now 437! HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING IN A HOLE! Deleting your post cost at least 1k geez.

Me no come tourney. Me has teh tennis. Me was teh meant to be sitting out. Douchestehbaggish injured his shoulder. Me sad me no come tourney.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i have no qualms with joondalup arena. seriously man, we need this tournament. BOOK NAOW

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I feel it's because he's one of the very few people who can rank high enough to make money, hence he makes more. Kinda selfish imo.

Oh and if it's $10 per tournament then I can't come, just a heads up.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
I feel it's because he's one of the very few people who can rank high enough to make money, hence he makes more. Kinda selfish imo.

Oh and if it's $10 per tournament then I can't come, just a heads up.
not meaning to bash either of u but i dont think its a selfish reason, quite sure jupz has never placed high enough to make money from singles, correct me if im wrong?

i personally dont care about the increase unless it starts to affect tournament attendance :ohwell:

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
THERE WILL BE NO INCREASE IN FEES!

I myself know how hard it is to pay that much, If any money needs to be taken out of singles it will be but theres no way It'll be raised.

Let me know if you can't attend due to the change!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Marteh seems like your Standalone light moves up a few places in the Official Martys House item tier list.
It now exists in the same tier as the 32GB USB that doubles as a pocket can opener, and the Hello Kitty plushie with murderous intent :p

3.14 is Pie backwards, dont believe me, work it out :p
Very clever...

NO CHURCH!!!!!
Ach!!! wE'VE BEEN FORSAKEN!!!

Anyway, Arena is fine (actually a little better :p) by me, I just need to know the address again ^^

Singles Money
If all else fails and money has to be taken out of the Singles pot, I'm sure the winners of said money won't mind... I mean, it's not like it's the only way they can get money and they only get one chance per week because their **** boss is stupid and gives all the shifts to the trainee staff... or something...

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah i've never placed high enough to win money anyway except in dubs which i get like 15 bucks anyway. So i'm losing just as much as you guys. It just makes me play harder if theres more money on the line.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
It's not $5, $5, $5 its $10 for venue currently got about 24 coming so it should cover $240

I see no reason to raise singles. If you need money to motivate you feel free to put in $10 to motivate you to get it back but otherwise play for fun and the added incentive of cash not just for money.

i live in Morley and if anyone wants to pick me up I can bring a TV otherwise I don't want to be taking it on the train, so let me know if I can get a ride.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I actually too don't mind if it's $10 singles since i can make profit.

The only time i actually did make profit was when Vlade placed hell bad and i came 3rd lol. I won like $40 that day.

But if it's stayed at $5, $5, $5 then it's even sorta worse to take money out of singles pot escpially if theres not going to be 25 people to pay the $250. :(. So singles pot will only be like $70 or so.

I agree with Jupz about the reason why he likes it to be $10 i too have never seen him place high to make profit. He is capable of making more money but he always seems to stuff up somewhere like me :p.

I'm not 100% certain to make it tommorow not because all of this low attendence or money isn't being raised it's because of this:

- I have $40 in my wallet currently
- Going to buy Okami wii today for $27
- Which leaves me with $13
- Spirit tracks comes out 10th of Decemeber.
- Cheapest i will be able to get it is most likley $54
- Plus i am going to buy the limited edition hard cover book which most likly will cost between $30.
- If i keep those $30 my parents give me and not go tourney then i will have $44
- This will increase my chances of being able to get the game and the book on the same day.
- I could spend the $30 at the tourney tommorow and hope my dad buys me spirit tracks and that i have enough money for the book by Dec 10th.

Very risky decision if i do go Tourney. But i probally will. And i probally won't be entering Doubles.
Or you could hack your wii and get games for free :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Grab an R4? :p
Trav: I can give ya a list. What time?
Also, am in need of a teammate for doubles

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
On the topic of doubles I gotta work out who Im teaming with this all confusing.
So Josh isn't coming (I think)
Me and Jesse were originally gonna team, but I think we agreed we'll practice more before it (correct?)
And Graeme wants to team with me, so just confirming with Jesse if it's all cool.
:p

MTGod

Smash Champion
And Graeme wants to team with me, so just confirming with Jesse if it's all cool.
I gave you the best 10 years of my life just for you to dump me like last nights ravioli!?!? *teary eyed dramatic pout*

Theatrics over, it's cool - as I told you before I think teaming up at the next tournament will result in more team kills than wins, so we'll get some more dubz practice in at smashfests/over holidays/sometime... Though, this obviously leaves me without a doubles partner, so Mic if you're still available and you don't mind my random moments of incompetence... :p If not, then I'll just go kidnap Alzi and force him to play ^^"

Hey, here's a thought - has someone told Technodeath??? I vaguely recall him not having internet... Aaaaand just to be a pain in the arse, the tournament post needs to be updated with the change of address :p

EDIT: Okay, to be an even bigger pain, I won't be bringing my Wii+Brawl combo... As stated before I won't be coming from home on Sunday (as I'll be pretty much around the corner from the Arena for this thing tonight :p), and in my experience drunkenness makes people generally a little more clumsy, and even though Marty + Trill have proven the durability of the Wiis I would be quite depressive if something happened to it tonight (let alone be STOLEN!!! OH NOES!!!)... And no, I don't have bubble wrap lying around T.T Apologies for the false hope... Sean may be able to bring his Wii + Brawl but we won't know until tomorrow... It'll be a surprise xD

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So I just played NSMBWii then directly after played Mario Galaxy.
Man NSMBWii was cheaply made, I mean lets compare.

Music
NSMBWii - About 5 midi tunes just looped throughout levels.
Galaxy - Every level has it's own music all done by an orchestra, it's just ******.

Graphics
NSMBWii - Comical but still rather bland, some of the back ground textures look pixelated, and even the character models are pretty easy to see polygons in, plus it doesn't blend to well with the background.
Galaxy - In my opinion, the best graphics on Wii to date, the models are lovely designed and the shading and pixel affects are awesome.

Storyline
Both are the same, but Galaxy is cool since bowser has a plan!

Gameplay
NSMBWii - The controls can be sloppy at times and they even removed the pivot jump...All characters control exactly the same
Galaxy - Tight controls that work extremely well, 2 characters to play as and Luigi plays slightly different.

Multiplayer
NSMBWii - 4 players at once either co-op or counter-op...Actually quite fun
Galaxy - Wow you control a cursor..

Anyway apart from multiplayer Galaxy (which was released 2 years earlier) ***** NSMBWii in every aspect, want to see why, lets look at the size of the games

NSBMWii - 350 mb, yes that's megabyte's
Galaxy - 3.3 gb.

Basically Galaxy ***** NSMBWii
Anyway back to the topic of the tourney.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Sorry I didnt reply on msn ric, basically to get it working. You need USB Loader GX with the latest update (rev something or another) and to download a scrubbed copy off the game, me and bob are hoping to swap games tomoz if we can use a laptop so I can give you the scrubbed version then.

Edit: Is it scary I got a reply txt from a guy saying "thx marty love you xxxx"

Splice

Smash Hero
The best part of NSMBW is the Multiplayer though.

I agree with your entire post though Marty, but Galaxy is that game that when you have the time you just sit yourself down and savour it, and NSMBW is that game that you play when your friends come over and its raining outside and you have time.

Top Bottom