• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Muzga

Smash Ace
oh god oh god oh god
gonna be playing horribly tomorrow. 3 hours sleep followed by nightfill is BAD
looks like im not even gonna get time to get another 3 hours unless i skip doubles
dunno how trav would feel about that though
gonna try and pull a marty again. Richard, dont try and advise me on how to position myself to sleep well. if im doing something that makes no sense to you please dont try and correct me, i wont be in the mood for it.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Oh My God!
Alan! What The Hell!?!?!?!?!
You Rejected Mic!?
Why The Hell Would You Do That!?
Its Mic! If I Wasnt Playing With Trav At Squat And If I Didnt Need The Practise...
Whats Wrong With You?

True Romance

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be there late as usual, so not that you've had to do it yet Trav, but if singles starts before I get there bye and then slap me into losers plz <3 Hopefully wont be the case.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
ppl i was wondering, should i start playing peach to match my brother ? (seeking opinions)

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Triple post is triple post.

I like playing peach lol its a different style of playing that most people cant handle.

Ric didn't you go to the tourney? Who did sam team up with in doubles then. Because we may have a new weiner :O

MTGod

Smash Champion
Jupz and Vlade def. Sam and Mic (team name: Corpsewang :p)

On the topic of doubles, I'm extremely apologetic to Marty for SDing twice and killing him twice during our first doubles match =.= For some reason my dubs Lucas is an atrocious swamp of team-killing sewerage, which I'll need to work on for the next tourney :D (I knew it was too soon to bring it out xD)

TY for all the friendlies whoever I friendlied btw - I think this only leaves a few people that I haven't played 1v1 yet (Bob, Graeme, and Alex if I'm thinking correctly)...

Aaaaand thanks to Trav for hosting again, it all went down pretty smoothly ^^

Don't have time for official shoutouts... Food food food

Level 9 Luigi

Smash Rookie
Wow guys, can't believe so many people stopped to watch my matches! I think I did pretty well against Sam, because he's Sam, and gg's to you too Andy. Pity doubles didn't go so well again :(. Pete needs to pick up his game. :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Huge thanks to Sam, Alister, and Kane for being so selfless and giving almost if not all their money towards the venue!

Apart from money I think it all went fairly smoothly, thanks to everyone for coming and bringing set-ups!

I think it's definitely safe to say Church is so much better, about triple the size and half the price.

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh sorry I would have given some money trav but I didn't know it was wanted :(

Gah I forgot to donate money to lvl 9 weegee as well. Trav lets train during the week and I'll give you the money then. I was busy playing friendlies and I ment to donate after the friendlies but I forgot :(

edit: church is triple the size? wow

Level 9 Luigi

Smash Rookie
So, for all your fix of Weegee videos (i.e. two), go to my youtube channel at PetesCappucino. I'm subscribed to Vlade if you can't spell or copy-paste.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Tournament results and rankings have been updated today for the last 3 tournaments (inc today)_ Good job hosting today Trav you did better than last time ;) Hope the venue didn't set you back too much money, welcome to hosting unfortunately :(

Enjoyed seeing everyone again and noticing some improvements in peoples playstyles_ Big shouts to MTGod's playsyle improvement, Nasch's Gano and Techno's DK (wtf?!)_ Really spun me out with him Techno, you play well for someone who has limited practise_ I hope you come to more tournaments cause you have shown potential_

Congrats to the consistency bros (Marty, Graeme and I) for getting 9th as usual_ This is starting to become a scary habit_

True Romance

Smash Ace
It's annoying what happened with the money situation, did it just go missing? Or was it something more sinister? However I had no problem giving my winnings to the venue fee. We gotta do what's best for the community. Good **** to Sam and Alister for helping out as well.

Shout outs!

Sam - **** you for destroying my smash self esteem. To make it up to me you gotta give me one day this week to come play smash lol. Good **** as usual man, shame you're not going to squat :(

Vlade - ***** me today no johns. Regardless of match ups etc you were playing well today and I was not playing as well as I would of liked. Oh and... "**** you for destroying my smash self esteem. To make it up to me you gotta give me one day this week to come play smash lol."

Proxy - For two hung over dudes we did alright today :p Our set was fun, and I'm glad you decided to suck it up and try and win. Looking forward to doubling with you at SQUAT!!!!

Muzga - SQUATTT!!!!! *Fist bump*

Trill - Well done on placing some where near what reflects your actual skill level lol.

Nasch - Stick with your Kirby man, it will be beast in a month or so no doubt. Was massively impressed with your match against juppers, good ****. Tell your mum if she doesn't let you go to SQUAT I will donkey punch her in the ovaries.

Jupz - Bad luck in singles man, I feel like an arse hole always hoping you'll lose when your such a top dude, but when you're playing some one from the 7 namoi crew I have to cheer against you, and you've played them a lot in tourney recently :p Good **** in doubles and I have you penciled in for wednesday training.

Bob - SQUATTTTT!!!!!

Trav - Good **** hosting as usual man. I personally prefer arena to the church, but if the church is better for the community just do it if you can man. Oh and... SQUATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fractal, Jesusface, Dax - Was fun playing all of you, hope you stay in the community as it's always good to have new people :)

Over all the tourney was real fun, I leave on this saturday guys so please offer your services to me! Also we should play some smash too ^_^

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
aw it sucks that i had to miss this tourney
it sounds like it was realy good . oh were can i find the tornament listings
p.s. its glenn

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, in the spirit of The Cranberries I will comply with the shoutouts :p /obscure musical reference no one will get... Also added in the people you missed, Alzi (not that any of them check the forums anyway :p)

Sam: I could almost feel your pain when you were playing against Weegee... Tough break, man - pressure's a ***** ^^: Good doubles match too btw!!!
Alister: Good games we had today ^^ I felt you were going a little easier on me on Rainbow Cruise, but hey, I don't mind xD I don't rage-quit either, though =D
Proxy: Didn't really see any of your games today, but it seems you did quite well... Hopefully next time we'll get a 1vs1 (it seems I haven't played you in a 1v1 yet either :p)
Trill: Crazy games :p Thanks for making me realise that I'm never to play on Norfair... ever... XD Still, keep up the good playing!!!
Kane: Hungover and still managing to make Top 3... It's looking pretty good for Squat :p Well done
Jupz: Thanks for the friendlies and the Lucas advice - hopefully now I'll be able to combat my lack of killing ability a little better xD Haven't heard the commentary yet, but hope you had fun doing it!
Andre: GET SOME SLEEP MAN!!!!!!!!! More sleep = more alertness, which is kinda important in a fighting game... Hope your gig went well, too ^^
Trav: As I said before, thanks for hosting :p Unfortunately only saw your match with Marty, which had a couple of unfortunate hiccups in it but it was still a good match :p
Mic: It's almost like I have to hack my wii now, after playing with all that stuff you had on there :p Still, good doubles matches, when I wasn't killing myself ^^"
Level 9 Luigi: 0-70% on Nasch was crazy - hold your head up high, son!!! You'll do fine at squat with stuff like that :p
Alzi: Thanks for the friendlies - I can never get enough practice at avoiding three types of projectiles while your wildly swinging that back air/Zair at me xD
Rick: Good to meet you man - Thunderstomps are where it's at :p Hope you come back down for more tournies in the future!!!
Andy: Like Sam, tough luck for the Weegee match :p Oh, how heartbroken you must have felt to have to defeat him like that ^^
Bob: ARGH ZELDA'S PROJECTILES!!!! For some reason my brain thinks it's a better idea to air dodge into Graeme's hit range rather than absorb them for health =,= Ah well, good doubles games - still need to play you in 1v1 :p
MFZB: My apologies are aforementioned :p Still, well done on your victories today, and good luck for getting your name back before it gets lost at Squat ^^ Oh, and next we meet I expect to see some Dred on that Wii of yours... :D
Pete: Good friendly/ies (I can't actually remember if we got more than one finished in the end :p)... BTW just to settle this, I meant Squirtle wasn't manly in relation to Charizard... C'mon, Charizard breaks rocks with his face... That's just a whole new level of manliness...
Graeme: Good doubles game :p For some reason I can never really predict what you're gonna do with your Rob until I'm getting hit by it xD Waiting to hear the commentation too
Sean/Fractal: Bah, no point in raging at you here when I can rage at you in person :p
Jon/Jesusface: Same as above :p
???/Dax: I must admit, I was surprised with your Ike :p My stance on him as a character hasn't changed, but you certainly hit me enough times to make me second guess just staying back and camping :p Nice to meet you - hope to see you at a future tourney

That should be everyone I think :p Good luck for everyone going to Squat - hope you get enough practice in that you would like, and place well!!! And hope to see everyone at the next event/tournament :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I would make a shout out but Im lazy, good seeing everyone again and all that such, Im going to limit my shout outs to a few, even if i dont mention you I still love you :p

Rick - Great having you down again man, had some good fun in friendlies, but it'll also be nice when you get back to Geraldton so we can play some more HoN.
Jesse - You've really improved man, despite your suiciding you're quite a decent player, sorry about the whole confusion thingy :p For now Im no longer going to bother teaming with Graeme XD, your my second choice I think, and dw I'll practice Ness
Sean - **** man you really surprised me in singles, I was expecting an easy win and you gave me a good run for my money, glad to see that <3 plus it's also fun versing you since your so light hearted even in tournament matches.

Sorry to everyone else I just think these 3 deserved the shout out for the effort they've put into to improving and getting down here.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I'm the same as Marteh, if I don't mention you don't take it hard because I love you :)

Trav - Thanks for hosting, shame we had to have it at Arena but it was great you still managed to get a tournament going despite the late response from the church. Solid doubles matches too
Mic - You've really improved since last time we played, I was very impressed with your teamwork in doubles with Samuel.
Nasch - We had some close games, just keep practising with the main you eventually find (hopefully its kirby :p) and you'll get back to placing like you were before
Trill - Close games too, first time we played I think. It's the first time I played against a good ROB since Niven was in the scene
Proxy - Also close lol, you had me worried with both the matchups you made me deal with but I think I managed to adapt by the end of the matches. Good luck at squat!
Kane - Yeah I versed the entire 7 namoi crew lol. You should've gone Metaknight ;) But yeah whatever floats your boat, if you really despise Metaknight then don't use him I guess
Jesse - Good games there, you almost had me on Rainbow Cruise. I'll be honest and say that I was trying my hardest, because I think everyone deserves respect and a good match. An awesome addition to our scene :)
Rick - Great to have you down from Geraldton, hope to see you at future tournies.
Muzga - Good games, I feel you're ready for squat.
Samuel - Stop air camping with bombs :(

Looks like I pretty much did a full shoutoutz post anyway XD

Peace

EDIT: Anyone up for something smash-related today? :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Samuel - Stop air camping with bombs
+1 ^^:

I'm not doing much today, so if anything occurs just hit me up on MSN or mobile :p Though I probably won't be making my way to Joondalup if I'm only going to be there for half an hour...

@Ant: Alzi didn't play in doubles... He couldn't afford the extra $5 :p

Top Bottom