• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Muzga

Smash Ace
Those of you who wanted to see the results, they are in the tournament listings thread but here they are anyway. Despite my extreme levels of sleep deprivation im glad i still managed to do reasonably well. At least if i get no sleep at squat i know ill still be able to play at a reasonable standard:D

So here are the results

We're Starfox 3 - Katina Results
Brawl Singles

1st - Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2nd - Vlade (Falco)
3rd - Romant1k (DDD)
4th - Proxy (Snake)
5th - Trill (ROB)
5th - Muzga (MK)
7th - Nasch (Diddy, Ganondorf)
7th - Alzi (Toon Link)
9th - Dax (Ike)
9th - BaconFingers (ROB)
9th - Marteh (Marth)
9th - Bsrk_ (Shiek)
13th - Jupz (DDD)
13th - Mic (PT)
13th - Lord Bowser (Bowser)
13th - Pete278 (PT)
17th - LVL 9 Luigi
17th - MTGod (Lucas)
17th - Fractal (Lucario)
17th - Techno (DK, Ganondorf)
17th - Jesusface (C. Falcon, MK)

Brawl Doubles

1st - The Best From Now (Jupz + Vlade)
2nd - CorpseWang (Corpsecreate + Mic)
3rd - Masked Love Bandits (Muzga + Lord Bowser)
4th - Bert and Ernies Macho Bath Hour (Bsrk_ + BaconFingers)
5th - Team Failure (Techno + Ryan)
5th - The Leaders of Spamming Death (Marty + Jesse)
7th - Puzzles (Pete278 + LVL 9 Luigi)
7th - Cheats of Plunder (Sean + Jon)

No. of entrants: 21
Entry Fee: $10

And now its time for my shoutouts

Jesusface: Wow, jesusface is right. awesome likeness! didnt get to play against you but welcome to the scene anyway.
Technodeath: Cool to see ya again. I dont think we talked at all. Unless youre a complete idiot or glenn (just kidding, i wub ya glenn) im sure we wont mind if you jump into one of our conversations or something. Ive gotta play against you sometime :)
Fractal: Looks like youve improved a bit. Keep it up and youll place better soon enough.
Jesse: I heard the other guys saying that youve improved a lot. I didnt see you play at all though. Always cool chatting to you and watching your mildly bemused reactions to my antics.
Lvl 9 Luigi: Man you cleaned up today man. Youre gonna **** at squat so much. ive decided to shout a sizable amount of your entry fee because i respect you so much.
Pete: Good work on the commentary as usual. Loving the new look, ummm, not much to say. you better do a blog post about the tournament:p
Trav: Youve definitely improved. in our MM you really gave me a run for my money. Dont lose hope for squat because of your placing though. we both know youre capable of better. just keep on practising captain:D
Mic: WOOOOOO! MIIIIIIIIIIC! I hope riding the victory train in doubles was satisfying. You worked really well with samuel in our second set in doubles. GG in our singles matches too.
Jason: Ive barely played against you at all. It sucks that our friendly was interrupted. well just have to make up for it next time:D
Bob: Your shiek is really fun to watch. I spent a fair bit of the time i wasnt playing watching your matches. I know you said you werent playing that well on the day but you got some excellent kills. Keep it up:D
Marty: Your playstyle is definitely getting better. I think there was a period of time when generally people werent getting better and didnt care about improving. I also think that this leadup to squat has really raised the bar for a lot of perth players and that you are no exception. I call tired johns on our matches though.
Graeme: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP YESTERDAY! THANK YOU FOR THE RIDE! I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH! sorry you had to go so far out of your way. Anyway as usual youre a funny guy and your antics were hillarious. thanks again for the ride
Dax: Who!?
Alan: Those were some good games we had. Your toon link is really coming along. You have to understand though; i get a LOT of toon link practise so i think i know the matchup pretty well. Not well enough to beat samuel, but well enough. Your playstyle is interesting and id like to play against you some more sometime. i had fun in our matches:D
Andy: I swear to god every time i saw you on sunday you were laughing. It was a bit creepy:p Nah but cool to see you, didnt play you, hopefully play against you next time blablabla
Luke: Cool seeing you today. Your fistbump skills are BEAST!
Corey: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! YOURE COMING TO SQUAT! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! that was so awesome! THREE WAY FISTBUMP MAN! we are too cool:D your snake is legit. I really want to play against you more because you definitely know hat youre doing:D
Kane: Good work on third. Lets do our best and destroy squat! gonna be awesome!
Alister: i just started watching the videos our matches a while ago. Very entertaining to watch. i believe we had a few spectators. Theyve opened my eyes to a few things in my game that need improvement. Both matches were well played and you deserved to win that one. Ill guess ill have to try and beat you again when im not contemplating suicide due to the intense nature of my sleep deprivation:D ive gotta say that whatever slump you were in which was destroying your placings is essentially gone now
Samuel: WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS WIN!? WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Okay, i am REALLY hyped for squat now. like... i am SO hyped for squat. Weve got 7 Perth brawlers going now. We have mounted the forces and for the most part we are ready. Im looking forward to having the chance to play against most of the almost-best in australia. (well, samuels gonna be in perth:p). this tournament is gonna be so awesome! HYYYYYPE!

My little crew of 4 should remember that were having a meet at my place to discuss and finalise accomodation details since lame queensladers who refuse to house us are lame. Be here at 1pm on Wednesday and i suggest you bring about $300, We should also organise a means to actually pay the hotel as i dont want to make graemes long trip a waste of fuel and time.
Graeme already knows so that goes out to Trav and Richard.

My gig last night was really good. We sounded really good. the last improv bit we did kept sqitching between a hip hop/funk groove and a double time drum and bass sound. The only problem was that i didnt realise we had less time then usual. when they stopped it sounded to me like they were making a piano break like sometimes done in some of squarepushers stuff or something so i kept playing and tried to bring them back into it not realising the gig was over. the drummer turned to me and said "dude, the gig is over" and i was a bit embarrassed but they understood.

**** IS AWESOME!

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Had an awesome time guys

Techno's DK (wtf?!)_ Really spun me out with him Techno, you play well for someone who has limited practise_ I hope you come to more tournaments cause you have shown potential_
thanks for the compliments Bob :D yeah, unfortunately i wont improve too much, in my opinion, because the only people who play me up here aren't as good as me, no offense to them. the only way i hope to improve at all is to come down more, for tournaments and hopefully the odd smashfest to up my game.

also the set i had against you, was the first time i pulled out DK in the two tournaments i attended, seeing as i got beaten by my own friend (Dax) in our first set. was gay that we got paired up in our first round. i nearly pulled the first match from you, but you got it figured when i took you to Japes. i only really figured during those matches that UpB gets me out of that **** ftilt lock :p

i'll be talking to my dad about working with him soon, so i'll start getting more money so i'll be able to attend more tournaments. so im looking forward to that, also getting my license next february so that will contribute to how often i come down.

Rick - Great having you down again man, had some good fun in friendlies, but it'll also be nice when you get back to Geraldton so we can play some more HoN.
HoN is where it's at mang, besides brawl :p i look forward to meeting you guys again. hopefully i'll talk to everyone i know a little more. as people dont really know who i am, i think people steered away from talking to me :p

Technodeath: Cool to see ya again. I dont think we talked at all. Unless youre a complete idiot or glenn (just kidding, i wub ya glenn) im sure we wont mind if you jump into one of our conversations or something. Ive gotta play against you sometime
we did talk for a little bit i think Andre, you probably didnt know me too well at the time we did talk, i think it was in the earlier part of the tournament. i was wearing Skinny Jeans if you'd call them that :s a black t-shirt with some graphic and the name "Mastodon" on it. but for sure, we should have a couple of friendlies next time im down. if im lucky you might be having a smashfest at yours, or even Bob's and i'll try and come around and stay the night or whatever.

As for shoutouts.. bugger that

Bob - great set, i hope to at least take one from you, or put up more of a challenge :p

Marteh - was great seeing you again man, i look forward to coming down again. and playing some HoN when i get home :D

Travis - thanks for hosting it, i had a ball, i need to have a couple matches with you some time, because Donkey Kong is the real beast

Sam - good job, was nice to talk to you, even though it wasnt much of a conversation. hope your hand heals soon enough

Dax - you're a ****er for knocking me out. i'll kill you when i next see you

oh and Pete :D - nice having a couple matches with you, weegee is a ******* getting a shoryuken on me >:(

and everyone else, much love (no homo)

From now on, i'll be using DK in tourny matches.

EDIT:: i shall be leaving back to geraldton at 9:17am on the bus. so i shall be a commoner once again on here. im currently at my cousins place lol, so i'll catch you guys later

Muzga

Smash Ace
hype hype squat hype
Seems richard finishes work on wednesday at 4 pm. we can spend the tiome looking for places and, if you like, practising:D

Jupz

Smash Master
Anyone wanna come round tomorrow? Got room for up to 6 people probs, need 2 more people to bring wiis if that is going to happen tho.

MTGod

Smash Champion
My edit skills won me a pizza once... Those were the days when you got stuff for barely achieving anything...

Jupz, I would if I didn't have work :p

Jupz

Smash Master
Probably not after 4 or so. So if you can only come at night I'm afraid we'll have to wait till wednesday. What time wednesday btw? and i'll bring a wii but do you think you could pick me up and drop me off at the traino pls?

shoutouts from the tourney (and advice cause I didn't see anyone else giving advice, even though im not one of the best in the scene I probably know the most about the game so I can offer advice :) (ill only give you advice if I played you))

sam - nice friendlies and dubs games.
vlade - awesome work in dubs, was fun teaming with you. nice work in singles too
pete - it was so much fun commentating with you, amazing blog, it was very entertaining, and also lol at the video. of course I know you don't have to main top tier, look at corpse :p i just found the video amusing.
jesse - great lucas! its good to see you again, your a really nice guy and I loved playing friendlies with you.
tips: don't use bair to space horizontally, its only really good for vertical spacing as it has a large downwards hitbox. remember the Dair->dtilt->forced standup works only after 100% on everyone. also you can Dthrow->utilt most people until around 15% I think. If they do nothing at 0% then you can Usmash them and it still hit them if they airdodge. I don't think it can get them if they jump though. And you can jump and Uair them until like 50%. try to use grabs a bit more but only use them smartly because there punishable. condition the opponent to shield such as doing two nairs and landing behind them, then grabbing, or jumping away and PK fireing a few times so they get ready to shield it, then do an empty short hop, fast fall and grab. IDK don't take my advice too seriously cause I just self learned lucas lol.
trill - didn't really talk to you that much but its cool seeing you again, hope to see you wednesday.
kane - GG's and good to see you again. can't wait till wednesday.
tips: basically try and recover lower with DDD and stop dairing into the ground :p
proxy - can't believe you're going to queensland :( definately hope we can see each other at some other national some time.
tips: hmm instead of lashing out with a move every time you're near your opponent, try just waiting there and reacting to what they do. grenades lying around help this.
alzi - omg, one of my fave sets so far ever in tourney. just that third stock of the last set I fell apart. amazing toon link, you're top 5 in my eyes and you should be placing higher :p can't give you any tips because I can't see anything wrong with your game atm, plus I don't know toon link that well. just watch sam play :p
gnasch - ggs, intense set. nice work. sucks you couldn't play doubles. try and make it to kanes wednesday! :)
tips: I noticed with kirby you would always roll behind me and grab, and a few other habits that I noticed but can't remember. remove these habits and you'll be an amazing player.
andre - nice to see you again, yeah sorry we didn't get to play but you've put a lot of effort into improving and its paid off. good luck at squat. i was impressed with you Nairing vlade out of phantasm as well.
techno - awesome you could make it, great to see you, we'll wifi to keep up your practice :)
can't really think of any tips, nice DK, just work on avoiding getting juggled. you played very smartly in our matches, I think I only won due to nado lol. anyway it was filmed so I'll watch it and see what we need to work on. I liked your use of down B when I was spacing Dtilt. Probably just look for patterns in my gameplay - like when I always nadoed after you did said down B :p
jax - good to meet you, definately hope you enjoyed yourself; great ike and I hope to see you again. great doubles matches both of you. nice spikes!
elton - i still have your sd card, fac you come along.
trav - great job hosting, wanna catch up for some smash practice this week or next? you're funny as always and a top guy. lol at you catching the MK bug and whoring it out in dubs. didn't get any singles matches with you today :(
tips: hmm your bowser is just insane but your MK is a bit predictable at times - try to mix it up a bit, remember MK can be safe - with MK, you never have to be in a hurry.
marteh - didn't really talk to you today but it was great to see you today.
fractal and sean - didn't talk to you guys but its great you came along :)
bob - haha, great to see you again. good luck at squat man! you're always a cool guy.
graham - gg's in dubs, you're funny lol, same as bob and great to see you again.

if I forgot someone then I love you lolz

True Romance

Smash Ace
Yeah I can pic you up and drop you off np. As usual man the evening is more convenient for me, as I normally pick proxy up from work at 3ish and normally get home round 4. Do you turn into a werewolf at night or some thing?

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
WOOOOOOOOT!!!! SQUAT TRAINING BEGINS TOMORROW!!! oh and just to let u know my image is my tattoo (beast i know.) Man cant wait to play against jason and kane... gotta get my snake back into gear (less SF4and more smash dAH.) BUT!!! the offer still, stands guys for next year any major u wana head to or even just come ova for a holiday and u need a place to crash.... give us a bit of a heads up and i will be willing to accommodate any number (holy **** insert all of WA in my bedroom LOLOL.) Totally pumped for SQUAT and would love to house u guys this year but i wont have the room on such short notice (****ed family and there taking up spACE!!! :p)

Vlade

Social Outcast
The most important thing in smash in my opinion is ****ing with the opponent's mind

You'll probably notice that in a lot of my matches I come back from being a bit behind, this is because my strategy involves reading the opponent by testing the waters with certain things I do all the time and making rational decisions based on what I think my opponent will do.

This is how I get my signature fully charged fsmashes folks

Muzga

Smash Ace
Do you guys know what time it is?
Have you got any idea as to the context of the present?
Are you in posession of the knowledge of the absence of chronology often referred to as a period of neither past or future, but instead the moment for which is this point in time?
ill give you a hint.
SQUAT HYPE TIME!!!!
FISTBUMPS FOR ALL!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!

oh by the way, i made sure that everyone who joined the tournament was in the shoutouts in my post except for myself. Im definitely the only guy whos missing from that:p

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
The most important thing in smash in my opinion is ****ing with the opponent's mind

You'll probably notice that in a lot of my matches I come back from being a bit behind, this is because my strategy involves reading the opponent by testing the waters with certain things I do all the time and making rational decisions based on what I think my opponent will do.

This is how I get my signature fully charged fsmashes folks
QFE, brawl is one big mind game, being able to read/predict what your opponent will do and adapting to any situation is what ultimatly seperates the great from the good. Well thats my opinion anyway lol

Muzga

Smash Ace
whos up for brawl practise at mine on thursday? Im free all day:D:D:D Spend the night or evening if you want

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Do you guys know what time it is?
Have you got any idea as to the context of the present?
Are you in posession of the knowledge of the absence of chronology often referred to as a period of neither past or future, but instead the moment for which is this point in time?
ill give you a hint.
SQUAT HYPE TIME!!!!
FISTBUMPS FOR ALL!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!

oh by the way, i made sure that everyone who joined the tournament was in the shoutouts in my post except for myself. Im definitely the only guy whos missing from that:p
Oh did you? Who is this Graham you speak of, I was under the impression it was Graeme.
And good luck tomorrow man, youll be fine I know it.

In other news I shoryuken'd Bob's ceiling today..

Muzga

Smash Ace
what you talking about FOOOOOL!?
i gave graeme a shoutout.
Where the hell is captain snoop tonight? I think he should give us some HYYYYYPE

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Speaking of SQUAT practice_ I'm able to hold a gathering on either saturday or sunday_ Let me know which day works best for you and i will hold it then_

Vlade forgot to mention he has a better racial then most of us_

True Romance

Smash Ace
Andre I'd like to come round yours on thursday for squat practise. I work till 6ish on thursday, but I'd definitely come round in the evening if I can.

MTGod

Smash Champion
TY for the advice Jupz, I'll try and put it into practice the next time I play :p

Hey, here on smashboards we don't accept anti-werewolf fascism.
It was in the Terms and Conditions for the site when you registered... Are you one of those very few people who don't read terms and conditions???

whos up for brawl practise at mine on thursday? Im free all day:D:D:D Spend the night or evening if you want
I'll swing by after squash :p (probably sometime after 2pm)

you should try being a security guard, you'd love it
Or I could work at a laser tag place where you only have to do work once every 15 minutes... Oh, wait :p

Speaking of SQUAT practice_ I'm able to hold a gathering on either saturday or sunday_ Let me know which day works best for you and i will hold it then_
I'm on standby for work on Sat night and I'll know by Thursday when/if I'm working... Sunday I can't do though - if I'm not working it I'll be otherwise busy... Still, work around the other Squat-goers obviously, so good luck for the practice if I'm not there ^^

If there's no live stream would someone be able to bring their laptop + internet to the competition and update us on MSN :p??? Kinda a major ask, but... :p

Top Bottom