• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
My Rocky pool

POOL 6
HAYDINO
HOTDOG
MIC_128
REDACT
SYRICK
TEDETH

Only one I recognise is Redact. Anyone know if any of those people I should be panicking about?
I was watching a match the other night between Shaya and..Cant remember who and I remember them mentioning Tedeth, I think he pushed Shaya into losers.

So yes be careful.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
= Western Sydney IV (23/08/09) =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....postcount=3863
Entrants: 36. Entry: $15.

1. Tedeth (Wolf/Wario)
2. Attila (Snake/Ice Climbers)
3. Shaya (Marth/King Dedede)
4. D0N (Donkey Kong)
5. Tibs (Diddy)
6. Luke (Snake)
7. Cao (Peach)
8. Liam (Donkey Kong)
Thank you Shaya, yeah you were versing Attila, on smashville where an unfortunate air dodge in the first 10 seconds gave you a massive advantage, yet you lost :p Heh not like I could do better.

So yeah mic, we need to get you as much practice as possible. :p No more teasing the soccer players like last time!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I remember playing tedeth waaaaay back when i was a huge scrub before i was posting here via friend finder and he was **** good. From what I know Amaterasu is the supposed best.

Mic you should get Ryan to tag along and clean up in Melee thus paying for his flight.

swordsaint

Smash Master
oh i saw ted, the disappointment on his face

as i said though, good to get our bad days out before rocky

corpse, you're gonna be shown where it's at :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ted *****, oh and hotdogs is a good qld player with alot of 2nd placings under his belt so I'd watch out for him to.

scoot and shaya are the same person? now it all makes sense.

Jupz

Smash Master
Uhh I hate Marth vs Marth lol. But yeah sure if I have time cause I have to run the tourney lol. Btw its all booked and stuff.

Good luck sam and mic!! :)

Sucks that you won't be able to make it marteh, we have 21 people coming now. Max of 29 but I think a realistic max of around 25.
Because of this singles will be 10 dollars!!!
Doubles will be 5 dollars each 10 dollars for the team!!!!!

Mic gimme my blue name already lol :p

True Romance

Smash Ace
I have bad spacing and no tech skill, thus I will never ever win a ditto with ANY character.

Sadly I think atm I play MK, Snake, D3, DK and GnW all better then my Marth. Though I'm detirmined to get good at Marth!

Jupz

Smash Master
Keep practicing Roman :p

Spacing doesn't win out in dittos which is why I don't like it because I like to think I have good spacing with Marth. because if you space yourself your also spacing your opponent lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wrong.

Spacing with Marth in dittos is HARD, but very important.

It's a different type of spacing Marth needs to develop to take on Snake, MK and DK effectively.

I dub it 'Bait Spacing'.

Spacing matters in Marth dittos, because although you're "spacing" for them to hit you in the face with a tipper, the better spacer will avoid it once they learn how to.

DOLPHIN SLASH makes dittos annoying.

MTGod

Smash Champion
we have 21 people coming now
Better put a question mark against Panda's name as well - he's going through one of his "I'm not sure I want to make this easy for MT to organise" phases =.= On the plus side though, Louai forwarded on the tournament info to a couple of his friends, so we're substituting one definite for three maybes :p

I tried playing Snake... I failed pretty hard... I ended up running into my own explosives T.T

Anyway, might go over and have a look at the eastern tournament thread - kinda curious to see how many people there are xD Well, right after I come back from Midland... *Sigh*...

(Will there be a Youtube account for the Rocky tournament videos ^^"???)

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok MTGod, at least we can get three more people :)

It just means singles will be 10 bucks and I will have to take some to pay for venue = less money for sam lol.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Ok MTGod, at least we can get three more people :)

It just means singles will be 10 bucks and I will have to take some to pay for venue = less money for sam lol.
ffs. Should of hosted it at the church. No reason not to.

Anyway, about Sam at Rocky, I don't really think he'll completely own, or completely lose, I think it'll be pretty even against someone like Swordsaint. But we'll have to wait and see.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Keep practicing Roman :p

Spacing doesn't win out in dittos which is why I don't like it because I like to think I have good spacing with Marth. because if you space yourself your also spacing your opponent lol.
I was some what exagerating my inabillity to space, however from my experience spacing is king in dittos, though I have 0 marth ditto exp so I may be wrong in this case.

I have no doubt in my mind I am a vastly inferior snake to Proxy, but I still give him a rough time in snake dittos cos I space my tilts a little bit better then he does. Though my snake vs other people in the scene wouldn't do any where near as well lol.

I'm going through a stage with marth (that apparently most marths do) where I feel like I'm either beasting or getting hammered and not alot inbetween against the same opponent lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
oklay!!1!4444!!!!
i dont know were Young Scott is!!!!
I didnt know where he was at 4.44 and 4 seconds
I LOVE 4S
fo sheezy out

So what do you guys think? Accurate?
...I love you

I'm going through a stage with marth (that apparently most marths do) where I feel like I'm either beasting or getting hammered and not alot inbetween against the same opponent lol.
Dont worry man, Im kinda still in that stage heh, Im either owning or getting owned, barely ever neutral playing. But I find getting hammered (not drunk ;)) is actually a good thing, just review what happened and potential ways to get out of it.

@Bob/Graeme, Prepare to get owned...I hope :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
What's the deal lately with all this DK love_? Am i missing something, cause i noticed that 2 of the top 8 players from Sydney were DK mains_

Mic i feel bad for your pools, but PT will prevail_!

Jupz don't forget to put me down for bringing a wii + brawl_ Not too sure if i will be able to enter doubles if anyone is willing to partner with Baconfingers_ I'll ask him today_

edit: Shaya pretty much nailed one concept of spacing with his 'bait spacing' comment_ Spacing is an interesting topic, and one that somewhat plays into mindgames_

Alzi

Smash Master
Mic don't worry if anyone dares to try and beat you in your pool ban them from smashboards. ;)

Marth ditto is basically first one to land the fair when you both jump at the same time towards eachother. Spacing with marth in ditto is hard but vsing sam in a ditto is so much harder. You need stay focused the whole dam match. Projectiles everywhere need to remeber if that is your boomerang or not coming back to you or if it's sam ready to hit you. x_x.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i think i played against mic a loooong time ago and he wasnt to bad =) so you should quite well

everyone is excited to see corpse in action though =P

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well Redact's pulled out, so that's one less person to worry about XD

MTGod

Smash Champion
Recently acquired the whole series of Invader Zim.
As did I about two months ago (after a year of searching for the DVDs, I caved in and just DLed it from sighTunes T.T)...

The new guy is a robot fan!
GIR is not a robot - GIR is a way of life... ^^"

EDIT: So, inside Joondalup Arena is there like a reception or something, or will there be mass signage pointing to the room :p??? Just saying, coz I get lost easily xD

Muzga

Smash Ace
Un-epic FAIL for young Muzga AKA Andre

No, i am not coming.
If by failing you mean trying to work out what the hell youre trying to say, then yeah im failing. im failing hard. But dont blame me, its not my fault i cant read your gibberish.
I dont try and hide who i am, people refer to me as Andre' in this thread. Considering the fact that i insist that people call me Andre in person and given that i used to hold my own tournaments im pretty sure more then half of the people in the scene know my address, hell you could scroll back like a hundred pages and find it yourself if youre really that interested in establishing who i am. That addition was just so... so... unneccesarry. what are you getting at exactly?
If you dont use the language properly, noone understands what you are trying to say.

Alzi

Smash Master
Muzga you do it like this:

hehe.

Snake's 4 times kooler and sexier then cpt falcon FTW

I also know the true power of wi-fi Kaion so fo sheezy

I love BecKizzLE

Just to stay on topic thanks for hosting during the holidays Jupz. So with the projector screen that mic is bringing we can watch some matches up on the wall? Last time we were there they had no slide down screen for the projector to be pointing at.

Top Bottom