• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Great poster, but think we'll need the next one done earlier. Only gonna be up for about 4 days before the event
Well, after the tournament is finished we could put up a "results" poster (with pictures and stuff) or something in the same store(s) that held the advert poster - that way we still get the publicity from Jupz' tournament which will hopefully bring more awareness to this site, and therefore the next tournament :D

Either way, the poster looks great ^^

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
TIME FOR THE PESIMISTIC SIDE OF MARTEH!
We tried posters before but never got any results, well we had one person make one post due to it..
But I guess a poster that doesn't specify a time and was in Rocko, Freo and Cockburn when the tourney was in Joondalup would of caused the flop.

Alzi

Smash Master
Sorry i woke up and though SCRIBBLENAUTS. Went and bought it today going to go play it soon.

I can edit it quickly and we can keep the same poster for Vlades tourney aswell as i got the photoshop document saved. As for the perth Major tourney i've got and epic idea ;).

Will do the edits quickly here Jupz and give to Kane i'm sure even if it is up for about 3 days 3000 people will walk past that one store atleast once.

Alzi

Smash Master
I lol'd as soon as i posted and saw your arrow.

Ok kane i will send you the actual A4 size of the poster so it comes out clearer when you print it. I re-edited it and it looks like this now:

Oh i thought Jupz your post ment the text that i had on it wasn't very good so i changed it lol. Use anyone Kane aslong as we get more people thats all that matters. I can add in teh flash balls if you want Jupz but then i have to send Kane the poster again lol.

As for post the highest i got was on serebii.net with 4600+ i think it was. or 4500+. 17,000+ visitor messages and 1000+ friends. I was sort of like a mini mic there.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah since with the photoshop document you can go back to that layer of text and edit it.

Even if it does get put up today or tommorow alot of people will see it.

Perth major poster will definatly get alot of peoples attention espially if it's in the city somewhere since it sounds more people will be there in the city since it's a huge and common place that everyone knows. Thinking of doing a A3 size poster for the major tourney hmmm printing it would be hard. Unless i go to a library and print it there then laminat it. As for now scribblenauts time.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Well I used Jupz' one as it was all I had access to before I got home and read ^ ^ ^

The resolution wasn't perfect for A4 prints but it should be fine. They should be up and Joondalup and Carillion game traders, and I'll drop drop into whitfords tmr.

Thing is Marteh if we have posters up at Joondalup, when the event is being hosted in joondalup, hopefully it will ahve some effect. Having said that this is all pretty last minute, but alzi's suggestion of hanging onto the poster for future tournies is a good one that way we can be more prepared.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Great poster Alzi but its the winners club not captains club!! :p But thanks for all the hard work, you just might want to change that before you send it off to kane. It would be good if you could also add a link to smashboards (the tournament post maybe?) so people would have an idea of where it is.
I was gonna say the same thing. Having a link to this thread doesn't really work, unless someone is who sees the poster is willing to write down the whole link. I say just add this to the poster.

"Type Perth Smash Thread in google and click the first link. Then click on the first page of the thread"

Something along those lines anyway, because the first page has all the info.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Woot another R.O.B. out there!!! We should have a mirror match will be so epic with twirling robots and driggers and laser god just thinking about it kinda gets me in the mood ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm sure the way Jupz did it, it will be noob free. Since anyone can understand that quickly and know how a forum works.

If i print them at my house it will come out better since i think i need to change the setting to a diffrent colour on photoshop which is black, red and cyan i think it is for printer colours.

Completed mario galaxy with luigi 100%. That means i got the two pictures at the end and is set the mario one to my front picture of the photo channel. I did like 7 100 purple coin stages in a row my head feels like a dam galaxy atm.

Scribblenauts is so awesome i didn't even want to start the game i was too busy writing things down.

God + shotgun on a bicycle beats a t-rex.

Need to try out some more battles that would look cool lol. xD.

Jupz

Smash Master
Trill lets have a rob money match aswell! I just picked up rob as a secondary.

Rob is the most OU character in perth lol.

Trill, MTGod and Technodeath main him and me and baconfingers second him lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
Nobody knows who i second ;)

This is another chapter waiting in my book that i have not read to you guys but will pull out at some random stage.

So far i've just been using toon link in tourney games but have never used another character in a tourney game only friendlies... Oh and don't worry it's not a metaknight :p

Jupz

Smash Master
I've seconded every high tier at one point lol, so I'm profficient with all of them.

I'm permanently going to main Dedede and second MK but the rest will switch around. I also use IC's Pika and Rob a little bit right now but I'll probably drop rob soon lol.

I'm gonna go Dedede mainly this tourney. MK for IC's and Pika for falco or snake lol. I just need to improve my Dedede lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
The only way to improve your main is to play him in tourneys and never counterpick characters. Even if you know you might loose the next match if you continue playing your main when you can simply switch to your secondary which has a better match up against that certain character and win the set.

It is true though. Since Bob mained shiek he only used him in tourneys i think and i noticed a sudden leap through improvment from the next tourney i saw him playing.

As for Sam. Man when he comes back from Rocky he is going to be so much better since he will be playing top players from there and getting to vs diffrent characters. The mains here on the west are better then the east IMO :p.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Woot another R.O.B. out there!!! We should have a mirror match will be so epic with twirling robots and driggers and laser god just thinking about it kinda gets me in the mood
Don't expect too much from me - the only competition I've had to date are with my buddies, so I can't assess my skill level just yet :p Expect a newbie: that way you won't be disappointed xD

Turns out Bowser is a massive target for Link bombs (or was tonight, anyway :p)

True Romance

Smash Ace
I will be going all marth this sunday and no doubt failing horribly, but hopefully it will force me to step up my game.

*fingers crossed for top 10 finish*

Alzi

Smash Master
Lord Bowser i can play a bowser! Sortof..

Well played online matches with Boozer ages ago and thats how i learnt him and all the new stuff i got from you. Where is boozer anyway he was awesome.

Kane good luck with your Marthy boy play. Should of suprised us all and just randomlly pulled out marth.

Marth free for alls anyone?

Marty
Jupz
Kane
me
?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Baconfingers mains ROB nowadays ;) Needless to say Trill plays completely different to him and messed me up last tournament_

Kane it's awsome to see you playing Marth this tourney and i would love to play heaps of friendlies against you to help you (and me) improve_

MT good to have you on the scene_ My advice is to stick around!! Too many people get intimidated by Sam for god knows why (*******)_ So stick around and we'll get you the experience you need, fast_ Want your contact details added to the mailing list_? Just keeps you updated on upcoming tourneys etc_

Alzi you make me lol with your always positive comments_ Thanks for noticing an improvement in my Shiek although i wish it had stuck around in the previous 2 tourneys_ Need more training before i feel even one fraction of confidence for SQUAT_ *builds teleporter to steal Shaya*

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol.

I want to vs Shay aswell. Bob you are on my list of awesome so are many others.

Also remeber the first person i saw while entering and going to my first tourney was you lol. So the thing they say love at first site is true :p kidding.

Boozer dispeared randomlly Lord Bowser 0_0.

I agree with you Bob about the robs they all play diffrent. Not all robs play exactly the same.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm so up for a Marth FFA ^^ Unfortunately he's a little tougher to play in Brawl than Melee (or so I found) but oh well xD

Too many people get intimidated by Sam for god knows why (*******)
As long as he isn't sporting a few skull tatts and an eyepatch I think I'll be fine :p And yeah, mailing lists are always fun ^^"

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I'm so up for a Marth FFA ^^ Unfortunately he's a little tougher to play in Brawl than Melee (or so I found) but oh well xD
Apart from a harder spike and shorter range I dont see much diff.... Apart from Shield Breaker =D

As for Marth I won't be satisfied until I spike someone without using Dair, yes there is another move that spikes, kudos to anyone who knows.
And chances of me going to the tourney are about..10% at best, very unlikely, might tap up a few people who owe me money and see what i can do XD.

Alzi

Smash Master

Well by the looks of it. Corps and sword saint are the top 2 who make it in.

I seriously feel sorry for the others :p. But anyway sam you know what to do. Make swordsaint look extremly bad and show him that the little boy in green is no ordinary fairy boy.

Marteh is it one of Marth's side b that spikes? :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Bring some Rum and you are good to go Shaya.
Your avatar keeps me thinking you pointing to yourself saying Marth and I are going to **** rocky :p.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My Rocky pool

POOL 6
HAYDINO
HOTDOG
MIC_128
REDACT
SYRICK
TEDETH

Only one I recognise is Redact. Anyone know if any of those people I should be panicking about?

Splice

Smash Hero
Tedeth, Haydino, Hotdogs you have to watch out for Mic. They are awesome.

Corpse you should be able to make it through your pool :) Good Luck!

Top Bottom