• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Definitely

When TvC comes out in Australia and everyone has the basic hang of things, we are definitely having tournaments for it :D

I love TvC right now, probably more than brawl >_>

Still love brawl though :p

To be honest though, 51 hits combos, let alone 100 hit combos are kinda pointless because the opponent will eventually mega crash out of it. You know what a mega crash is right, marty?

20-30 hit combos are more practical imo

swordsaint

Smash Master
I love how maybe only a couple of the guys here have any understanding of how Rocky is being turn at all. xD

I think Corps will do well, never said he wouldn't. However, will he win? The answer to that is a pretty definitive no.

Alzi

Smash Master
Mega crash is when you break out of a combo.

Lol (vlade told me this)

I might stop playing brawl and start playing T VS C more when it comes out. I still might enter brawl tourneys depends probally will only enter doubles by then.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Swordsaint you can't say it's a definitive no you've never played against Sam or seen him play against the other top players in Australia (asides from us obviously) so there isn't any basis for you to make that assumption.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, press all 4 attack buttons to mega crash and break out of combos. Requires 2 levels of super bar

This adds 'red health' to your health bar, which strengthens baroque-cancelled combos

I suck at those :p

Splice

Smash Hero
Swordsaint you can't say it's a definitive no you've never played against Sam or seen him play against the other top players in Australia (asides from us obviously) so there isn't any basis for you to make that assumption.
It's pretty definite :p
Scoot does have something to go off though, watching him vs Vlade you can like see how he plays. Well I can't but I'm sure smarter people can. I think Corpse can make it out of pools in Rocky and there is a chance he could place top 10 (by no means a small feat with Toon Link). His best shot would be to hope no-one up here knows the MU that well and he can snag a crazy high placing. But yeah 1st is unlikely, it just seems the skill level down there is a little behind.

But hey, prove us wrong yeah? If Vlade is coming down I want to $1 MM his Falco. It's only a small advantage for me 55:45. I also want to play Corpse but I don't think I'll MM him I don't know the MU :p Which Perthians are coming down for Rocky btw?

Jupz

Smash Master
Just corpse and Mic I think.

And also its hard to be good at two games and have to go on with normal life as well :p

Of course anyone can play two games but its harder to be good at them. Like you probably spend more time on L4D then brawl.

Splice

Smash Hero
Like I said, Videos. It seems to me like Vlade and Corpse are a fair bit in front of most others yeah? And then you watch Vlade play, and watch say... Scoots Falco play, and you see Scoot does more techincal things and plays faster generally just owns harder.

I was gonna look for some vids and say "Watch this" now "Watch this" and obviously the second one is better, but cbf.

I gave you the option to prove us wrong, why not take it ;)

Also ; only Corpse and Mic? Oh yeah Vlades in Japan or something? Oh well Good Enough. I would like to play both of you. :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dunno about brawl, but perth has bringer of death for melee, he's like one of the top yoshi players in the world according to cao, someone like that would be able to transistion to brawl and at least do very well, even if he barely plays it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My prediction:

Sam will get a terrible pool, and not make it through them hence getting last and making Perth the laughing stock of Australia.
As the guy semi-incharge of pools and seeding, I won't let that happen.
He won't be a terrible pool by any Eastern State's "top player" standard.

I am not one to say now that Corpse has no chance.
My previous iterations of that point were to incite enough rage for you guys to travel over in the first place.
Top 10 at rocky is pretty easy imo, should try to do it with SHEIK :O

I put the doubt of coming first to Sam purely because of his lack of top tier. I have heard of him using Snake in the past, and wouldn't be surprised if he were to bring him out.
Hell, I'm not confident of winning, because theres meta knight and snake players out, and they'll always win... eventually.

Richard7

Smash Ace
In case you guys haven't noticed, Corpse doesn't play to win, other wise he'd main MK and Snake.

It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if he didn't get such a good placing, because he's not used to playing against "good" players. He'll have to get used to your playstyles. Because you know, us Perthies suck so badly...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Something a bit more uplifting, who's going to GO3 on Sat?

DIT: Not this Sat, but the 3rd

Toby.

Smash Master
In case you guys haven't noticed, Corpse doesn't play to win, other wise he'd main MK and Snake.
Uh. No. Playing to win doesn't mean using metaknight and snake. It means exactly what the words imply. Playing to win. If he can beat everyone in his area with toon link, playing to win doesn't need to include those characters, because he's ALREADY WINNING. If he CAN'T beat you guys, then it could include using MK or snake.

God I thought that was obvious.

For the record I think he has a good chance of placing well. It's not like the competition is tough in Australia anyway. Pretty much everyone sucks :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Top 10 at rocky is pretty easy imo, should try to do it with SHEIK :O
GODDAMMIT!!! Must.. Train.. HARDER!! You know i'm dying for a Shiek vs Marth with you Shaya ;)

Seeing as i main Shiek i'm not one to brag about Perth's placing which may surprise some due to my usual enjoyment i get from slandering practically anyone who isn't Trav and then some (looking at you Vlade 0_o)_ I'm more interested in seeing the footage from Rocky before we head to SQUAT_

Pretty sure we will have a larger group for SQUAT so i hope we get the chance to meet the majority of the EastCoast_ As far as i'm aware it's me, Vlade, Kane? and possibly Nasch, Graeme coming atm_ Still pushing for more_

ps - EastCoast both sucks and blows_ ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll give some bloodlust to Corpse after attempting to beat him with EVERY person's mains that I'm aware of who talks on the perth thread often... so he'd HAVE TO COME TO SQUAT.

Sheik, Falco, Dedede

king deeedeeedeeedeeeedeeeedeeeeeeeeeeeeeedeeeeee

Muzga

Smash Ace

It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if he didn't get such a good placing, because he's not used to playing against "good" players. He'll have to get used to your playstyles. Because you know, us Perthies suck so badly...
I disagree,
Playing toon link =/= not playing to win
Corpse has stated on many occasions that he likes the feel of toon link the best, and thats fine. It DOESNT MEAN that he doesnt play to win, Only that he doesnt pick the "best" character to try and win. You have to understand, the smartest choice in a tournament is the character that works best for you, and for corpse that seems to be toon link.

Also i dont know whether the last part of that was a failed stab at sarcasm or not, i just cant figure it out. Are you saying perth players suck seriously? Are you making a serious and thought out statement that you dont think samuel will do well? i dont know where youre coming from with this

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I play to win but that is not my sole reason to play Brawl. If it was, I would main MK/Snake and that would be that. I unlocked TL on the Japanese version of Brawl and instantly I knew that this character would be my main simply because I connected with the playstyle immediatley, this is before any tier lists even existed. I haven't changed from Toon Link since then and I don't ever plan to.

I am going to Rocky with the intention of winning but I do not expect to win. Don't get me wrong, I truly believe I have a good chance of coming first, but belief in something is not enough to warrant an expectation. For me, losing will be a new experience as it is VERY rare for me to lose at something that I am genuinely trying to be good at. Going purely by chance, its more likely that I dont get the one and only 1st place than it is that I get a place that isnt 1st place.

I don't expect to place well in melee at all unfortunately. I was good at melee, I stood a good chance against Bringer's Yoshi but he was clearly above me in skill level but not by tooo much. Now though, all my timing is completely off for melee and I cannot get used to Tap Jump! :( As for SQUAT. I'm undecided for the moment if I will come, only time will tell!

You'll have to excuse my absence, I am trying to find and solve all critical points of 3 dimensional rational functions using lagrangian multipliers where z= f(x,y) with a constraint of x+y=0 .

S.D

Smash Master
Uh. No. Playing to win doesn't mean using metaknight and snake. It means exactly what the words imply. Playing to win. If he can beat everyone in his area with toon link, playing to win doesn't need to include those characters, because he's ALREADY WINNING. If he CAN'T beat you guys, then it could include using MK or snake.

God I thought that was obvious.

For the record I think he has a good chance of placing well. It's not like the competition is tough in Australia anyway. Pretty much everyone sucks :p
Speak for yourself, I **** XD

Alzi

Smash Master
The only reason sam will win rocky is because he mains toon link ;). Seriously i am not saying sam is going to win rocky for nothing i know he will win rocky it's all because of that little short guy with blonde hair, sexy shoes and a pimped out tunic that comes with a hat.

I also respect all toon link players there think there is only one guy who is Gords and i'm sure he will learn so much from just watching one match with corps in it.

To be honest with the playing to win if you always think that you will play terrible. The way sam plays it's like he is sitting on his coach at home all relaxed playing against a level 5 cpu.

I plan to be good at T vs C and will keep my brawl up aswell can't really say though.

As generations past and sam gets older and quits brawl i shall become the new sam in the perth smash scene mwahhhhhhhh mwahhhh ahhahahahahahaa. I'm the same with sam since i saw that you could play as toon link in brawl by the official website i said to myself yeah thats my guy right there and i've been using him ever since. I wasn't even competitive at melee or brawl. I was such a noob but i kept using toon link even if i do better with other characters in certain match ups and i know that if i counterpick characters i can win the match i still use toon link. I plan to do the same with T vs C in maining batsu and casshern probally.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You'll have to excuse my absence, I am trying to find and solve all critical points of 3 dimensional rational functions using lagrangian multipliers where z= f(x,y) with a constraint of x+y=0 .
the answer is 128.

It.
Always.
Is.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey quick question im looking at buying a nintendo ds and ive heard there is a way you can download games for free if you get a chip or if you use home brew channel or something, but i dont really understand how it works????? =/ lol......anyway does anyone know anymore about this, cos i really wanna get 1 =)

also good luck sam rep us perthians :).....excited for next tourney and hopefully epic crew battles :bee:

tibs7

Smash Champion
yes you can download the games on a micro SD card i think it is. and yeah its just a DS card with a slot for the micro SD. cost bout 60 i think
the one i have is called cycloDS

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
R4, Acekard, M3, Cyclo DS..All are the same thing,
Mine cost $60 with a 2gb SD card from ozmodchips, my friend josh got one for I think about $20 off some other site, but that was without the sd card.

Top Bottom