• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

True Romance

Smash Ace
Lol, we played serious basket ball, we got rejected alot. Lotta 6'8, 6'9 guys were in our league. The best season we had I playd power foward, and our centre was like 6'7 and 120kgs lol. Trill at 6'4 normally played shooting guard. So what I'm saying is althoug hwe are tall you get some freaks :D

Jupz

Smash Master
Lolwut trill playing SG :p Your team was massive :p

I play PG or SG lol. Don't really care. But yeah I could bring my crappy outdoor BBall to yours kane. And my expensive indoor one to the tourney :p

Where did you play?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Haha thanks Alzi

I play bball casually and I'm decent, should totally have a game at Kane's and the tourney, just casually walk down there and start playing if they tell us off say we're sorry and didn't realise it was off limits.

Trillest

Smash Ace
nah i was third tallest just i play like a short player im not very defensive was all bout scoring :p we played at the wovles stadium in joondalup and for our high school teams

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Heh you guys bring back memories with all this sports talk_

I used to play Bball for years but gave it up in highschool for lidding (bodyboarding for you girls) and then eventually rugby union_ Athletics (sprints) and swimming (breaststroke) where my thing in school but things have changed ;)

Honestly though i suggest anyone who can to play rugby it was the most enjoyable sport i have ever played_ Kane your shootup story is crazed and i'm fascinated by your kickboxing :) I used to box for a few years and last year up north but a lil rusty nowadays and just keep up on the workout_ Love to spa with you but kickboxing is my mortal enemy_ Just punch 'em in the legs_

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Heh you guys bring back memories with all this sports talk_

I used to play Bball for years but gave it up in highschool for lidding (bodyboarding for you girls) and then eventually rugby union_ Athletics (sprints) and swimming (breaststroke) where my thing in school but things have changed ;)

Honestly though i suggest anyone who can to play rugby it was the most enjoyable sport i have ever played_ Kane your shootup story is crazed and i'm fascinated by your kickboxing :) I used to box for a few years and last year up north but a lil rusty nowadays and just keep up on the workout_ Love to spa with you but kickboxing is my mortal enemy_ Just punch 'em in the legs_

Alzi

Smash Master
I really want to become like Jackie Chan.

YEAH JACKIE.

In Christmas holidays if i can get a boxing bag i will start to train like jackie chan and pick up some of his moves and adapt to them and practice every day. One day at a tourney i will be able to show you guys me running against a wall then doing a backflip by kicking of it.

The only problem i find with kick boxing is you might get kicked in the balls.

True Romance

Smash Ace
From a purely martial arts point of view, as awesome as Jackie Chan is he is not some one to aspire to at all. Bob I'll spar you boxing, I'm willing to spar any one in any style, always want to learn things :)

Remember guys to PM me if you're definitely coming on sunday so I can give you my addy. As I said will be starting round mid day and will go to when ever people are bored / need to sleep. Myself and Trill are able to give people lifts from the clarkson traino to our house if needed, and you may also be willing to stay the night if needed.

So far confirmed participants,

Myself
Trill
Nasch
Mic

Alzi

Smash Master
Kane i will definatly come. My mum keeps saying no but i should still come.

I have some news to bring you guys the first one Bob might like:

Theres a wiiware game coming out called Rage of the Gladiator.. lol rage. Anyway it will be the first to support motion plus controls and you are a Gladiator who walks in a fight arena and fights bosses and things like that. Reminds me of that high voltage game that is supporting motion plus and is based on Gladiators.

Wii price drop has been confirmed in America and Japan:

$199.99 USD in America
¥20,000 Yen in Japan

A new T vs C character has been confirmed ;) and he is

Frank West. He is a character from the capcom side and he is from the game Dead Rising. IMO i am loving the Tatsunoko side. Frank West looks so lame.

Edit: Some more news, Metroid Prime trilogy the special edition one here in Australia will not have the awesome tin that the Americans get we are simply getting a cardboard box that goes over it :/

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman

Draw a tree diagram
ROFL

Jackie is hot.

I don't want to go to Joondulup. maybe in 4 months.

Keep sending tourney update emails though:)
If there is a tourney somewhere close I may go. If only a certain amount of people can come and certain people from here and myself are invited I may go. (alone of course)(closer than Joondulup of course)
Catch my drift of tourney attendance?

I'm also Fo Shizzley.

Alzi

Smash Master
Just come and make some profit how you usually do at tourneys. Therefore we are happy for you coming to the tourney and you are happy for making more money.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
For that amount of time I make crap profit, but then i also have fun. I'll come in like 4 months maximum hopefully. BELIEVE IT!!!!

And I shall defeat sam, to the power of 4!!!! ** POST GETS DELETED** jks.

When I meet you all. I hope to have some epic intense(r) battles.

I'll be active on smash boards once a day minimum also now.

Beckizzle is hotter.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey Perth, did I ever tell you guys...

*blush*

EAST > WEST
(wonder how many new lines before Mic gets all ragey :p)

Corpse, it will be glad to meet a great smasher from another region, it's always fun. We'll record some matches for sure :)
Very glad to hear you're coming over.

Jupz

Smash Master
So sam an MM this tourney?

And anyone else who wants one.

I don't know who will win but I want to find out.

Btw is rocky during my tourney? If so oh **** sam might not be able to come :(

We desperately need more people so I can pay the venue fees. If sams not coming I have a chance at winning and I don't want to have to take money out of the pot lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So sam an MM this tourney?

And anyone else who wants one.

I don't know who will win but I want to find out.

Btw is rocky during my tourney? If so oh **** sam might not be able to come :(

We desperately need more people so I can pay the venue fees. If sams not coming I have a chance at winning and I don't want to have to take money out of the pot lol.
Well Jupz, I know Josh is coming and I'm pretty sure Dean is coming, plus so is Bob and Grayham if you haven't added them (got in contact with them today)

Edit: ALL YOUR PAGE 400 ARE BELONG TO MARTY!

Alzi

Smash Master
Nah don't think Rocky is during your tourney.

If Sam does not win rocky i will be sad. We have Australia's best player here in perth and you eastern people know it deep inside you :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm still gonna be proud if samuel gets top 8, I think that at least means they can't trashtalk us anymore

Darn Marty, Page 400 was supposed to be mine lol

Rocky is October 10th, so it doesn't clash with tourney. Make sure y'all give samuel good practice while I'm away ;)

swordsaint

Smash Master
My prediction:

Sam will get a terrible pool, and not make it through them hence getting last and making Perth the laughing stock of Australia.

Alzi

Smash Master
I was one minute away from post 400 :/ lol.

Even if sam did get a terrible pool he will still **** through it.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think Marty is a pretty cool guy. eh has page 400 and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'd also like to reiterate a previous quote.
Marty said:
*raises hand*

IMO two things will happen with Sam, he'll win and we'll hold a massive piss up in honour of him, or he'll lose and we'll hold a massive piss up to console him.

Alzi

Smash Master
I am guessing this will happen:

1- Sam wins rocky.
2- He wins about $4,000 or how ever much it is :p don't think it will be that much.
3- We hold a massive party here.
4- Sam goes to Squat using money he won at rocky.
5- Sam ***** squat and wins loads more money.
6- We hold another massive party.
7- We hold a perth major tourney.
8- Eastern people will come just to see sam again.
9- Sam wins major perth tourney.
10- Sam has hit $500 000 in his bank by the time he quits brawl.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I'm not going to be blinded by bias but I think Sam could actually place really well. I think swordsaint and Shaya are feeling a bit insecure and mocking us in a vain attempt to reassure themselves everything will be alright.

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm hoping for second :)

Although I've been doing terribly in tourney since I re-entered the scene for the past few tourneys :p

Hopefully I'll have some good luck cause its my tourney. I really want my controller signed by Mic.

Which reminds me. I'm gonna bring some signs and change the name of the room to the Mic Fan Club instead of Captains or Winners. So it will be the first official Mic Fan Club meeting!!!!

Someone bring a camera btw. I'll bring one if noone else does.

And mic can you make it and can bringer?

And also I really need someone to bring a laptop if thats possible. Please I will be so so so grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom