• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I have done this before. I destroyed his Snake after just one d-air. :laugh: Guessing right = winning!

Snake at 70% = nowhere near "last hit." Also keep in mind that I am horrifyingly bad at that match-up and still rode Snake's stupidity to victory.

That actually sounds like fun! I love how good your Sonic got recently. Let's go!
Inui saying that he thinks a Sonic MM will be fun? Your credibility has gone WAY up Wes. Keep stepping it up!

Also, I suck

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You boys wanna prove a point or something? To end all of this here is what you should do.

Hold a tournament with the same rules and all. Just bann meta. Make this a test tournament just to see how things would go without meta. Wes is doing that but he has other stages added on. so lets picture this by the official rules. all that crap. Just take out meta. make sure it has a decent tournout and alot of good players. Also make sure M2K is in it.

I assure you this will reveal the light to the door way of meta really being the anti christ of brawl or not.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
You boys wanna prove a point or something? To end all of this here is what you should do.

Hold a tournament with the same rules and all. Just bann meta. Make this a test tournament just to see how things would go without meta. Wes is doing that but he has other stages added on. so lets picture this by the official rules. all that crap. Just take out meta. make sure it has a decent tournout and alot of good players. Also make sure M2K is in it.

I assure you this will reveal the light to the door way of meta really being the anti christ of brawl or not.

M2K will you marth and win.

and i doubt much will change.

BUM163

Smash Lord
I haven't posted in months... all i can say is, if ya truly don't think mk is cheap...... don't use him anymore and learn any other character. see how well shadow or any other player places. that is one way to settle and then the other is let other people use mk or cheap characters and see how they do.

no lie i was so bored at jersey city.... i will try to put this at nice as possible without saying names... but when someone that used to get like 3 stock...... and now he giving decent players or good players a problem lol..... then thats a problem. this game doesn't require that much skill to win. i'm just being honest. i might even do a contest that if i see someone use a character not high/top tier and does good.... i will reward that player with money myself.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I haven't posted in months... all i can say is, if ya truly don't think mk is cheap...... don't use him anymore and learn any other character. see how well shadow or any other player places. that is one way to settle and then the other is let other people use mk or cheap characters and see how they do.

no lie i was so bored at jersey city.... i will try to put this at nice as possible without saying names... but when someone that used to get like 3 stock...... and now he giving decent players or good players a problem lol..... then thats a problem. this game doesn't require that much skill to win. i'm just being honest. i might even do a contest that if i see someone use a character not high/top tier and does good.... i will reward that player with money myself.

Sooo if i start ****** with ike you'll give me cash?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well have N.Y and NJ do it here as well. I'm sure wes can do something about that over here. Wes I suggest you just have your tournament by official rules. Just take out meta.

Something tells me it would be hard for N.J to let go of meta though.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
lol Chaos Marth...you beat me in one match on your counterpick on a day I was playing like total garbage. MM?

BUM163

Smash Lord
if you read it right... i might depending. sorry to sound rude, but you are not placing high to be put in that postion. also the way my contest is going to work that if you lose and don't place the place you was to be in.... you got to give me money. i don't give credit to anyone using those beast characters.... but i wouldn't really disrespect them unless they be like those characters are not beast and they like using that character cause thats their favorite character lol.

me i been using dk for years and took down the best in melee and brawl and place top three in almost every tournament i enter which is a known fact. i do it for the money, competition and seeing ya guys. it's funny when people get credit they obviously don't deserve. i would give a player more respect if they just admit it's for the money.... cause alot of ya don't play any other game competitvely. me my record in sf4, gears of war 2, melee and brawl is great and i use who i like whether they are bottom or top.

all i say is stop praising people for using top tiers and placing high or winning a tournament...... when 80 percent of the community is about using the best character... yet they use the character cause they like the character lmao......... just say it's for the fame/money.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if you read it right... i might depending. sorry to sound rude, but you are not placing high to be put in that postion. also the way my contest is going to work that if you lose and don't place the place you was to be in.... you got to give me money. i don't give credit to anyone using those beast characters.... but i wouldn't really disrespect them unless they be like those characters are not beast and they like using that character cause thats their favorite character lol.

me i been using dk for years and took down the best in melee and brawl and place top three in almost every tournament i enter which is a known fact. i do it for the money, competition and seeing ya guys. it's funny when people get credit they obviously don't deserve. i would give a player more respect if they just admit it's for the money.... cause alot of ya don't play any other game competitvely. me my record in sf4, gears of war 2, melee and brawl is great and i use who i like whether they are bottom or top.

all i say is stop praising people for using top tiers and placing high or winning a tournament...... when 80 percent of the community is about using the best character... yet they use the character cause they like the character lmao......... just say it's for the fame/money.
Who was that directed too?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Someone needs to make a brawl+ version where MK has no shuttle loop just a Kirby-Like recovery the only reason why MK is pro is because of shuttle loop.

Examples :
Kills Most Chars At The Edge at a extremely low %
Gimps Most Chars Below 60
Superior Recovery Move

thats it

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
it's going to be hilarious when "rufio" walks up to wes and asks for his money match LOL.
anyway wes, right now there are still tournaments with a lot of money in them.. if the community doesn't man up and get better then fine. they destroyed themselves with all of their whining about mk anyway.

Anti- please stop asking to be in the SBR. it's a joke and everyone knows that. they also just let in a bunch of ppl that are well known and most liked so that they can seem like less of a joke.

if they eventually decide to ban mk then so be it, but for now i will be happy to take money from the whiny ppl who willingly enter tournaments with an attitude of "mk sucks i can't beat him" and i will be VERY happy to find a formidable opponent that uses another character with which he can fight mk well.
Examples of ppl like this are: ADHD, Ally, NL, Holy Knightmare, Dazwa, Atomsk, Inui, Anther, Anti.
I have barely/never heard these ppl complain about mk and i respect them for it.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
Oh, and trash talk shadow all you want. Shadow's GARBAGE d3 beat Fatal in some matches yesterday.

Fatal.. Didn't he 3 stock people in NJ who plain about MK with Snake?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Someone needs to make a brawl+ version where MK has no shuttle loop just a Kirby-Like recovery the only reason why MK is pro is because of shuttle loop.

Examples :
Kills Most Chars At The Edge at a extremely low %
Gimps Most Chars Below 60
Superior Recovery Move

thats it
Brawl+ already significantly reduces knockback of his shuttle loop and Down smash and greatly reduces his mobility of his tornado.

cba

Smash Master
Hey, can anyone post a link of the Play n Trade tourneys?

I havent been going cause i was completely unaware of them.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
i might even do a contest that if i see someone use a character not high/top tier and does good.... i will reward that player with money myself.
way to contradict yourself.

This whole thing is about a mk ban and then you say "high/top tiers."

So your saying its high/top tiers is the problem, not MK. Which is like in any other fighting game.
Even with melee, its like you saying please win with someone other than high/top like mario, pikachu, luigi.
But its high unlikely.

Exactly.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
it's going to be hilarious when "rufio" walks up to wes and asks for his money match LOL.
anyway wes, right now there are still tournaments with a lot of money in them.. if the community doesn't man up and get better then fine. they destroyed themselves with all of their whining about mk anyway.

Anti- please stop asking to be in the SBR. it's a joke and everyone knows that. they also just let in a bunch of ppl that are well known and most liked so that they can seem like less of a joke.

if they eventually decide to ban mk then so be it, but for now i will be happy to take money from the whiny ppl who willingly enter tournaments with an attitude of "mk sucks i can't beat him" and i will be VERY happy to find a formidable opponent that uses another character with which he can fight mk well.
Examples of ppl like this are: ADHD, Ally, Wyatt, NL, Holy Knightmare, Dazwa, Atomsk, Inui, Anther, Anti.
I have barely/never heard these ppl complain about mk and i respect them for it.
Shadow sounds so grown up on the Internet. Its like it is not even him.

BUM163

Smash Lord
who is complexity lol? top/high tiers is pose to be cause how well they place in tournaments..... but now when a person does bad in tournaments.... then picks up a high/top tier and starts to do good..... that tells you he doesn't have natural skill. in some cases the person does.... it just the character really does suck. example is like pichu. if you can make it top 20 out of 60 with pichu.... that means you are a beast of a player. i also said i would respect a player alot more, if he/she admits that they are doing it for the money purposes which alot of players do. i don't hate on anyone. good stuff for getting top ten if you do.... but don't praise someone cause they use a extremely cheap character to win. as a matter of fact.... their is to many cheerleaders and the cheer should be taken out.

we don't have enough leaders that would stand up and speak out loud. all i say is... be real. admit when **** is broken. thats like someone that is 5'5 going against yao ming who is 7 feet 7 inches and trying to beat him one on one.... that is broken right there. alot of games have broken or crazy stuff to it. just stop acting like it ain't broken is what i'm saying.

BUM163

Smash Lord
congrats on winning shadow i forgot to mention that. i'm done with what i had to say and now i'm playing gears of war 2. i won't be back for like another month..... so if you want to contact me.... bum163 on xbox live and ps3. i play gears of war 2 and sf4... just started playing socom for the ps3. my aol name is oni163 from the bx

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I like how dark peach disappears for awhile. I think we should institute a bed time for certain people.

Where's OS? IT'S NAPTIME
The hell is this suppose to me. I ask a question and got no answer and posting in other threads. I don't get it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Bum, i would not even go to that tournament. sorry, but i don't care for "honor" or how i'm viewed by ppl because of my main. i have friends here that respect me regardless of who i use. it doesn't concern me that some ppl are upset over my main and how they can't beat him. i have fun using this character (whether it's because i am winning with him or just having fun playing him, it doesn't matter to me which you guys think).
i have nothing to prove to any of you who think i'm bad at the game and win cuz of mk because, in the end I am the one who is winning against you. i can play other characters and some of them very well, but i like mk the most, he's my main... regardless of what ppl who i don't care about say >_>.

Top Bottom