• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Bum, i would not even go to that tournament. sorry, but i don't care for "honor" or how i'm viewed by ppl because of my main. i have friends here that respect me regardless of who i use. it doesn't concern me that some ppl are upset over my main and how they can't beat him. i have fun using this character (whether it's because i am winning with him or just having fun playing him, it doesn't matter to me which you guys think).
i have nothing to prove to any of you who think i'm bad at the game and win cuz of mk because, in the end I am the one who is winning against you. i can play other characters and some of them very well, but i like mk the most, he's my main... regardless of what ppl who i don't care about say >_>.

QFT. this guy is amazing. and mad cool.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I can see where everyone is coming from regarding Shadow.

Shadow's a beast, even if his main is a bitcch. But then again, so is his brother's. :)

They're both skilled players, as strange as it is to think that someone can be skilled with Meta-Knight. The thing is, most Meta-Knight mains AREN'T skilled with him. They all do the exact same things, which is essentially covering up mistakes with one of his seven or so safe moves that are legit options in every situation. M2K doesn't do that. He plays a smart Meta-Knight. So does Shadow.

The problem is that the difference in tournament standing between people like them and people who picked him up in about five minutes is really not that big. And that's what makes people feel that Meta-Knight is legitimately unfair.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I can see where everyone is coming from regarding Shadow.

Shadow's a beast, even if his main is a bitcch. But then again, so is his brother's. :)

They're both skilled players, as strange as it is to think that someone can be skilled with Meta-Knight. The thing is, most Meta-Knight mains AREN'T skilled with him. They all do the exact same things, which is essentially covering up mistakes with one of his seven or so safe moves that are legit options in every situation. M2K doesn't do that. He plays a smart Meta-Knight. So does Shadow.

The problem is that the difference in tournament standing between people like them and people who picked him up in about five minutes is really not that big. And that's what makes people feel that Meta-Knight is legitimately unfair.

I agree except for one part. There are alot of skilled metaknight players. and most of the top players are MK mains. So your kinda taking away from them too lmao.

Cia

das kwl
so.. i've finally played brawl+ and alot of people wanted my thoughts on it soo.. my verdict: it BLOWS.

it was such a boring experience. there seemed to be a little too much hit stun. WHY THE **** CAN IVYSAUR STRING UAIRS?? not to mention that DI seemed to not exist while i was in hit stun.

I hope everyone doesn't think i'm bashing it because it's brawl. i really wanted this to be good. and i understand that it's constantly being updated, but as of right now, i think it's horrible. Play melee, or play basic brawl, but brawl+ is just dumb.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
so.. i've finally played brawl+ and alot of people wanted my thoughts on it soo.. my verdict: it BLOWS.

it was such a boring experience. there seemed to be a little too much hit stun. WHY THE **** CAN IVYSAUR STRING UAIRS?? not to mention that DI seemed to not exist while i was in hit stun.

I hope everyone doesn't think i'm bashing it because it's brawl. i really wanted this to be good. and i understand that it's constantly being updated, but as of right now, i think it's horrible. Play melee, or play basic brawl, but brawl+ is just dumb.
agrees. brawl+ sucks right now. let me know when its good

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Brawl+ is a mess, man. I don't know why they had to change the game so drastically. Personally, I would rather see and HD Remix-esque mod, where they focus on fixing imbalances and glitches, instead of making a bunch of unnecessary alterations. A few buffs here, a few nerfs there.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
Brawl+ is a mess, man. I don't know why they had to change the game so drastically. Personally, I would rather see and HD Remix-esque mod, where they focus on fixing imbalances and glitches, instead of making a bunch of unnecessary alterations. A few buffs here, a few nerfs there.
BUT I WANNA PLAY MELEE FALCON THE SHOULD HAVE CHANGED HIM **** BRAWL ********.

amidoinitrite?

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
so.. I've Finally Played Brawl+ And Alot Of People Wanted My Thoughts On It Soo.. My Verdict: It blows.

It Was Such A Boring Experience. There Seemed To Be A Little Too Much Hit Stun. Why The **** Can Ivysaur String Uairs?? Not To Mention That Di Seemed To Not Exist While I Was In Hit Stun.

I Hope Everyone Doesn't Think I'm Bashing It Because It's Brawl. I Really Wanted This To Be Good. And I Understand That It's Constantly Being Updated, But As Of Right Now, I Think It's Horrible. Play Melee, Or Play Basic Brawl, But Brawl+ Is Just Dumb.

I Dont Get You Lol You Like Melee And You Complain About Brawl Plus Hit Stun Lol Look Melee's Is Worst Lol. But I Admit They Do Need To Fix The Hit Stun In Brawl Plus It Is A Lil Too Much.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
you mk players sound soo arrogant, "well im amazing, u just hate me cuz i play meta..." its really funny how u cant just objectively look at wat other ppl are saying. gogo MK only tourneys.

Cia

das kwl
I Dont Get You Lol You Like Melee And You Complain About Brawl Plus Hit Stun Lol Look Melee's Is Worst Lol. But I Admit They Do Need To Fix The Hit Stun In Brawl Plus It Is A Lil Too Much.
melee has enough hit stun for improv combos. that's what makes it exciting. people come up with combo strings and tech chase combos on the spot. brawl+ is CLEARLY going to be 'pre-set' combos that you memorize button combinations for. AKA every other 2D fighter..

and Brawl+ just doesn't feel smooth at all. it's very similar to smash 64.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
melee has enough hit stun for improv combos. that's what makes it exciting. people come up with combo strings and tech chase combos on the spot. brawl+ is CLEARLY going to be 'pre-set' combos that you memorize button combinations for. AKA every other 2D fighter..

and Brawl+ just doesn't feel smooth at all. it's very similar to smash 64.
Brawl+ feels smoother if you set your "handicap" to 100. If restores the game to it's default buffering system.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Brawl+ is ok now, but they need to get rid of the buffer modifier and leave it to Brawl's default.

It's STILL responsible for SDs due to attempted pursuits with my character NOT responding to me pressing up b.

I have a feeling Meta and his users aren't the problem.
But before I can isolate the problem, I need Shadow to answer this:
Why exactly do you play Meta Knight? What exactly do you find appealing?
Please be as specific as possible.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK is freaking awesome, lol. Ever play a Kirby game that he's in or watch that Kirby cartoon show? MK is da shiiiiiit. He's fast and fun in Brawl.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
Brawl+ is ok now, but they need to get rid of the buffer modifier and leave it to Brawl's default.

It's STILL responsible for SDs due to attempted pursuits with my character NOT responding to me pressing up b.

I have a feeling Meta and his users aren't the problem.
But before I can isolate the problem, I need Shadow to answer this:
Why exactly do you play Meta Knight? What exactly do you find appealing?
Please be as specific as possible.
Who is this always talking?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Eternal Yoshi- meta knight is a really cool character. when i first found out he was going to be in the game i was hyped. although i was not a big kirby fan ( i didn't dislike it, just never got to play it) i always knew of mk and thought he was a really cool character. once the game came out i was deciding between him and pit. i liked pit at first but i decided that he was far too slow. he also had to camp wayyy too much which i am definitely not a fan of. i decided on mk because his playstyle, like him, was awesome lol. he is soooo quick and i love edge guarding with him. at first i didn't like him that much because he didn't have much kill power, but as i became a smarter player, i realized that didn't matter much because of his edge guarding skills.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes. I've played Kirby's adventure and Super Star and watched subs of Hoshi No Kaabi(Kirby of the Stars)(4kids accents are silly).

I play Snake as my other main because I really like the MGS series and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is my second favorite game of all time. The first being Yoshi's Island.

He also covers almost all of Yoshi's worst matchups I.E. G & W.

So, tell me more about the fast and fun part. Be specific.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I am a very aggro player and mk completely fits my style of play. i like to be able to run at my opponent and string attacks very quickly. i have always liked multiple jump chars and sword fighters.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Melee Marth>64 Ness> Meta Knight.

I need to ask M2K, DSF, AND DOJO the question I asked Shadow for more concrete evidence.

Top Bottom